Phoenix Maplewood But with the beast inside
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Any Aq'ab Stoz' wolves around to hop in? - Sorry for short crappy post!

She could smell blood. It was that scent alone that drew her toward the Maplewood, a tug that she knew she could not resist. The wolfess was curious as to why the place held such an aroma, and her instincts told her to find out. Investigate. And investigate she did. However, at first there was no sight of anyone. Just the blood-scent, so salty and delicious. Kelina could practically taste it already.

With another raise of her muzzle, she breathed in deep and scanned the area. Perhaps someone was around, or maybe the scent was coming from a corpse around here.
[Image: tAPcmpF.png]
"I do not suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
Suck it up
16 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]The days were getting longer again; the temperatures slowly but surely rising. The mother hated every second of it. With nights short, there was almost no time to travel anymore; not that she wished to take her wolves further than they'd already gone, but still. The bats, Camazotz's minions, had kept them in the forest that was both heaven and hell; much like the violent world they lived in. It was the Night Bats' job to release some from their pain; offer them to the almighty and feed. Sure, Koh and Xa'ojbal were excellent blood bags, but with them K'atik did not get to kill them.

The scythe's nostrils flared at the scent of a stranger that had aimlessly wandered into or close to their new and temporary home. K'atik had been slumbering since the hours of day kept every night bat from moving - so she was not in the best mood. Her spiky hackles prickled as she lifted her tall body off the ground and went. Sure, they had no borders yet - but it was almost impossible to not scent that there was a rather large group settling here. Her teeth grinding and menacing smirk showing - she stepped out of the shadows that precisely camouflaged her.

Her mane blown magnificently by the wind, her blood coloured eyes peered at the stranger. A chuckle left her mouth where sharp, red-tinted teeth waited for their next meal. Go away - this is no place for a pretty girl like you. She mocked.[/td][/tr][/table]

Mature Character Warning
K'atik's thoughts, actions and words do not reflect my OOC opinion
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
When the voice was heard, Kelina narrowed her eyes and let out a deep growl. Her eyes scanned the stranger and she could smell the same blood-scent that had drawn her here. It was only then that she realised she might not be alone here. The aroma was strong, which meant there was likely more wolves around. "I don't appreciate being spoken to like a child," the dark wolfess responded, her tail flicking. Her hackles were raised and prickling, annoyance hidden in Kelina's hard gaze.

Her pelt was being ruffled by the wind, and her deep purple eyes were peering at the stranger with a twinkle of curiousity. No doubt, she was cautious, as always, though the woman could not help the thoughts crossing her mind.
Suck it up
16 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]The stranger, though in the minority and face-to-face with a bat from hell, dared to disrespect the proud follower of Camazotz. This did not suite the mother very well, not to mention she had been in a bad mood to begin with, and yet she only took one step closer. With her lion-like mane, it was always hard to tell whether K'atik had her hackles raised or not, but she was looking quite "dangerously poofy". She tilted her head mockingly at the other, a smile that could split steel in half on her sharp and angular face. Awww... Did I hurt your fweewings? She asked with a mean pout. A rumble then left her throat. Grow the fuck up and learn your place before you dare treat me  again in such a manner.

Playfulness had left both her posture and voice, genuinely annoyed - both by the blinding light of the sun and the unbearable presence of a stranger and the lacking presence of any of her wolves. She could not blame them; they were not her and probably slumbering just as she was only moments ago.[/td][/tr][/table]

Mature Character Warning
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
The next words that left the strangers maw were met with a simple "No." Kelina did not allow herself to be pushed around so easily, and the woman in front of her seemed to be trying to irritate her. However, it had not worked as of yet.

Then there was a change, and the other wolfess snapped. Kelina's eyes narrowed slightly and her posture was stiff, preparing incase this stranger was to attempt to fight. "If you hadn't noticed, I am a rogue and have no place in which you may order me about." She was tempted to allow her hackles to raise, but instead shook her pelt and took in a small breath. "However, I believe you are not the only one here. Is there a group of kinds?" The dark woman's voice was calm and smooth, and her eyes quickly scanned the other before she added, "If you are the leader, then I shall take back my words, and I will allow us to restart this... introduction."

Should this wolf not be leader of a pack, or part of one, Kelina would probably to continue irritating her, out of sheer fun. The way her own words had got to the other so quickly made it hard to resist a grin. However, she did resist as it might otherwise ignitiate a fight which Kelina was not currently in the mood of participating in.
Suck it up
16 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]K'atik's reaction could hardly be called snapping - it was just her way of putting the wolves beneath her in their rightful place. The girl was not one of them, had brought no offer and obviously held no knowledge of who they were. She didn't deserve even the slightest sliver of respect from the Bats' Leader and could colour herself honoured she had even gotten to speak with the Scythe herself. She pulled up her upper lip, further displaying her stained teeth in an eerie grin. You are a rogue wandering too close for comfort - you are lucky you came face-to-face with one of the more... considerate ones of us. K'atik didn't like anything more than rubbing her blood stained feathers in everyone's faces - like a peacock, only she was more of a dick.

Aaaaah - there we go! Now I see your petty intentions. Called Judgement with a malicious rumble of laughter. No one is to disrespect any of my Bats - they know as well as I. You are not worth an "introduction" to our ways if you think this is the way to live life. She cleared up for the strange girl as she took another step into the light of the sun - making her squint but not flinch. Only I "allow" here.[/td][/tr][/table]

Mature Character Warning
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
It seemed this discussion was getting out of hand, and Kelina did not care for the tension growing in the air. Taking a deep breath, she forced her hackles to lay flat and gazed back at the other woman. The dark fae assumed now that this was indeed the leader that she wished to see. "My apologies, we seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot. My name is Kelina." Her words were neutral, the anger fading, though only because she wished to gain acceptance and if this was the only way to do it, then so be it. 

She was expecting an introduction in return, though it did not particularly matter if she did not get one. The woman backed off a little, as if to signal that she did not intend to pose a thread. Although if the 'Bat' leader wanted a fight, she'd get one alright.
Suck it up
16 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]K'atik did not believe in second chances - even if she were the embodiment of the patience of Camazotz. One wrong move in the presence of the scythe could prove rather deadly and... unpleasant. The girl held no knowledge of the Aq'ab Sotz' - held no respect for their leader, their land or her subjects. More and more did Judgement feel the urge to lunge and use the girl's vessel as a filthy offering to the great bat. But, she didn't - not yet. Not before the stranger's words sparked more hatred and annoyance in the lioness' heart and soul.

I am Judgement. She answered somewhat truthfully - she felt it dishonourable for the other, Kelina, to even know her name - the one given to her due to the fire in her eyes and the burning of her wrath and hatred. Judgement was not far off from what she actually was though; she made the decisions for her family and judged (rather fairly) any newcomer. She needed to be an example for her children, after all.[/td][/tr][/table]

Mature Character Warning
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Kelina could sense things getting out of hand and she was having a battle inside her mind - should she fight and show this woman what she was made of, or submit and hope for better results? The latter would most likely end better. The dark fae did not plan on having her blood, nor the bat leader's, spilled. With a sigh she forced her head slightly lower and softened her posture.

It also seemed that the other woman did not want to give Kelina her name, but it didn't bother her. She wasn't really all that bothered. "I'm sorry I disrespected you. I did not mean to do such a thing, I was simply confused about where I was." The fae attempted to sound real about it, and she felt as though she did a good job, but wow, it had taken a heck of a big amount of effort to say that. Truthfully, Kelina didn't feel much regret for her actions. She did show respect to those who did not show it to her in return. But, as it was, she did hold an interest in joining the group. They were - or, this woman was - the only ones she had come across that shared her intentions and passions.
Suck it up
16 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]The Scythe was not pleased - not that it was easy to do that, without being family or a prisoner. Hell, just being a male would've helped - seeing that K'atik took almost every female as competition. Of course, not her daughters - they knew better than to challenge their rather ruthless mother. The thorn looked sourly down upon the girl in front of her, wondering what power was even keeping her here. Desperation - madness, perhaps she was fleeing from herself. That was not good. The Aq'ab Sotz' was home for many with a rather unstable personality, but petty emotions had been (quite literally) sucked out.

Are you blind? She snickered. Judgement did not understand how someone could not know where they were going. For the Bats it was easy - they followed Camazotz to better lands and more souls to feed off of. [/td][/tr][/table]

Mature Character Warning
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Oh nuuuuu so sorry that I haven't replied to this, I haven't been as active as I would have liked with Kelina .-.

Kelina allowed her hackles to rise then. She was sick of this - of her, the woman. The dark fae rarely showed respect but even when she gave it, this woman decided to throw it back in her face. "Well clearly I am, else your ugliness would offend me." she smirked, flicking her tail. Even if she hated her guts, there was always a time for a bit of fun.

Any ounce of respect for the bats' leader was gone now, instead replaced with a desire to entertain herself by simply being irritating.