Blackwater Islands tragedy thrills me
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Private 

Still unable to locate her siblings, Salish decided to forget all about them for a little while. They'd find her eventually. After all, wolves had a keen sense of smell for a reason. The islands lived up to their name, surrounded by the iron-gray waters of the sea. The sand underfoot was soft as it moulded to her paws leaving perfect impressions as she traversed one of the islands located closest to the mainland. She explored without any particular aim, her nose skimming the sand, until an accidentally deep breath caused her to inhale a good amount of sand. Emitting a growl, Salish shook her narrow head, pawing at her nose and snuffling loudly. The sand stung the interior of her nostrils, and it was most unpleasant. She was so disturbed, and intent upon clearing her nose, that she did not notice another presence nearby, possibly watching her comical display.
the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Gabe was walking around Blackwater Islands, doing really nothing at the moment. Earlier today he'd gone hunting, and caught a foolish injured gull who'd thought it was a good idea to nest on the beach. He'd eaten it, and figured he'd hunt for the pack later today to make up for it. He was walking along the beach now, stopping to roll in the sand when he found the softest areas. He liked the sand, for it reminded him of the snow he was used to. 

He was rolling in a particularly satisfying mound of sand when he heard a weird noise, like a loud hiss. His head shot up out of the sand, his ears perked on his head as he looked around. He saw the faint figure of a wolf a little ways off, sneezing wildly. She sort of melted into the sandy background but he could definitely make her out. He chuckled as he watched her snorting, then stood and trotted towards her. She smelled faintly if Kalika, which made him trust her more. He stopped a bit away from her and asked with a smile, Sand in your nose?
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
With one final, loud, ground-shaking sneeze, the majority of the sand exited her nostrils. But there were remnants, and they itched horribly. In the midst of mentally lamenting a day marred by an itchy nose, Salish became aware of a male voice, and whipped her head around to face him. Her ears lowered in embarrassment, finding herself confronted by a beautiful man of pristine white and scarlet eyes. 

Yeah, she answered with a smile, caught somewhere between sheepishness and delight. As far as she knew, this was the only male of the Nereides thus far, and although she ordinarily could care less about any individual of the male gender, the girl was not shy in displaying her glee towards meeting him. What's your name? she asked in a cool, flat tone, apparently having forgotten her uncomfortable nose.
the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The woman looked kind of embarrassed when she saw him, which he thought was kind of cute. She was a pretty girl, just like pretty much everyone else in this pack. Of course she didn't match up to Kalika, his lover was the only one he had eyes for, though he didn't mind looking at her. She asked his name, and he smiled, I'm Gabriel, call me Gabe. You have a name? He asked, his tail swishing side to side. 

Sorry for short post!
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
No need to apologize <3 Short is fine with me!

She was still grinning when the snowy man gave his name. Gabe. I like it, she spoke smoothly, flicking an ear. And no, my mother forgot to name me. She laughed softly, and gave him a few seconds to laugh at her hilarious joke as well. Of course I have a name! It's Salish. Her tail was wagging even faster, but it slowed as she scraped her claws in the wet sand, creating a small divet. She looked up at him  with mirth in her amber eyes. We should dig a hole. Would  you like to? I'll let you bury me if we get it deep enough. Perhaps an immature activity, but Salish did not care. She was always prepared to have some fun.
the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The girl was funny, and Gabe was liking her already. Perhaps the Nereides weren't all the same after all, seeing how he liked not of Kalika, but also Indie and now this female. Akantha was still a bit scary, but the other three made up for it. He laughed at her joke, his white tail began to wag more steadily. This was becoming quite the interesting conversation. And the plot only thickened when she asked if he wanted to dig a hole. He stared at her for a moment cocking his brow. What on earth? Where had that come from, why was this even an idea. He chuckled as he looked at her, still dumbfounded. She was proving to be a mystery to the young male.

Why though? I mean don't get me wrong I'm all for it, woo hole digging! But where did that come from. He chuckled, cocking his head slightly to the side.
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
[table width=85%][tr][td]

The male laughed at her joke, as expected, causing her grin to widen. He then displayed signs of being stupefied by her suggestion, chuckling at her in good nature. She cocked her head as if to wonder why on earth he would be confused. Of course, she understood that her invitation to dig had come out of nowhere, but she was having a good time toying with him. It thrilled her to do and say things that were rather off-the-wall. His reaction was the one that she sought.

Oh, I just thought we could have a bit of fun. We do live in a place filled with sand after all. Why the fuck not? With a lighthearted giggle, she resumed her playing, slapping the sand with both front paws, looking up at him with mischievous eyes and a wagginng tail. Then, she began to dig, thrusting one paw and then the other into the soft grainy substance and tossing it behind her with abandon, whilst covering her back legs and hind end in sand. 

C'mon! she urged, laughing.

[/tr][/td][/table]
the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Her argument was valid, and so he shrugged and joined her in the digging. Gabe liked this girl quite a bit, she was so spunky and spontaneous. She obviously liked to have fun, and Gabe could totally get used to that. He continued to dig at the sand, using his nose to push a whole mound of it around her. Soon enough he bottom half was gone, hidden in a pile of peachy sunburnt sand. He stepped back to look at her, and he marveled at it like she was a masterpiece. Wow. You look great. He said, teasing her a bit but also quite proud of their accomplishment.
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
[table width=85%][tr][td]

His approval of her was mutual. He was a nice boy, a good boy. He was not above digging in the sand with her; she guessed that many of the Sisters would not have sought the simple joy and satisfaction that came of digging a nice, deep hole in the sand. Sometimes Salish got the impression that many of the Nereiders were slightly uptight, and while she could have been wrong about that, she nevertheless appreciated Gabe's reciprocated playfulness. Several moments passed, both wolves digging furiously, her front half sinking lower and lower until a deep crevice had been created and she was surrounded by walls of sand. Then, the snowy wolf began to fill the spaces around her.

The final product was Salish buried up to her neck. I look foxy, mmm? she jested, batting her eyelashes. Her voice dropped when she next spoke Now unearth me, consort. Or I'll kick your ass. This was followed by a fit of giggles as she found joy in her own stupid jokes.

[/tr][/td][/table]