Morningside Cuesta Yeah you can start over you can run free
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Private 

Kieran had strayed a little bit away from the others. It wasn't that he didn't like them, or didn't want to be around them; he just needed some space. The boy was trying to fight these emotions that coursed through him. Fear for the coming days, pain for his losses, determined to find his sister, and a longing to fit in. Oftentimes, he would sit alone in silence, simply thinking. Sometimes it was comforting to be on your own - sometimes the quiet sounds of nature were well needed in times such as this.

Things had moved fast - one minute he was safe by his family's side (including his mother and sister), and the next his mother was dead, his sister missing, and his home gone. For the second time. And now here he was, thrust into a completely new pack with strangers and wolves he did not yet trust.

The boy sighed and rested his head on his paws, watching as the bright moon rose up in the sky. The stars sparkled and for a while, Kieran wondered what it would be like to be a star. Watching from above, free from the drags of life and alive with hope and dreams. The former hier shifted his gaze to a blooming flower. Again, he contemplated what it would be like. To be pretty and admired, to be surrounded by friends and family like this flower was. 

What had his life come to now? Was this what Hawthorn had to go through each and every day? Did he feel like Kieran did toward the rest of the pack? Perhaps they had more in common than he originally thought.
English * French
shadowhunter
60 Posts
Ooc —
Intelligent as he might be, Hawthorn felt that he was severely lacking in the area of expressing his own emotions. He tended to suppress them, and to go through them slowly when he was alone, and lost in his thoughts. However, when he caught sight of Kieran straying away from the rest of them, he couldn't help but feel just the tiniest pang of worry and concern for his friend. He didn't know why he felt that way towards the younger whom, if he was being honest to himself, he barely knew.

Still, Hawthorn, after casting a glance towards the others to see if they noticed him - they rarely ever did, he was almost beginning to amuse himself with the idea that he was a ghost to them - and quickly slipped away to look for his friend. "Hey," he whispered to the younger boy as he sidled next to him. "You alright?" Blue eyes wide in concern, Haw gazed at Kieran, half biting his lip as he awaited an answer.
if you can't fly, then run;
if you can't run, then walk;
if you can't walk, then crawl;
even if you have to crawl, gear up
aim your gun! ready! fire!

Mercenary:
0/5
Caregiver/Medic: 0/5

(always open for threads)
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Ewwww crappy post, sorry!

Kieran's head turned as his friend approached. The boy gave a warm smile, then closed his eyes with his muzzle turned up, facing the sky. He tended to show his emotions fairly easily, intentional or not, but lately he had kept himself silent and serious around his companions. Aside from Haw, of course. Hawthorn seemed to genuinly care about Kieran, which was comforting in its own way. 

With a small sigh again, Kieran lowered his head and gazed at his friend. Here he was again, concerned about him - it made Kier feel welcome and enfulged him in a warm feeling. "Hey Haw. Yeah... I'm fine....." He hesitated, then continued. "Just... missing them." Hawthorn would understand who.
English * French
shadowhunter
60 Posts
Ooc —
no worries :)

"You don't have to say you're fine to me, if you're not fine," Hawthorn told him gently, biting his lip anxiously as he wondered what to say. "Pretend all you want with everyone else, but with me, you can be honest, all right?" he tilted his own muzzle to the sky and exhaled softly, eyes crinkling cutely around the corners as he turned suddenly to look at Kieran, a small smile on his lips. "I understand," he said simply, and didn't say anything else. Hawthorn did, however, move closer to his friend and slowly, began to gently preen the younger boy's guard hairs.

"I'm here for you, remember?" Haw whispered softly, feeling his own heart beat painfully against his chest at the thought of his lost ones and he swallowed thickly to prevent tears from gathering in his darkening blue orbs. He didn't want Kier to see him like this. After all, he was the one that was supposed to be comforting Kieran, not the other way around.

Mercenary:
0/5

Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Gah these two are so cute <3

Kieran nodded quietly, a little smile growing on his face. He inhaled softly, turning to look at his friend again. "Thank you, Haw..... for being there for me," he was genuinly glad to have a friend like Hawthorn. He was comforting, fun and above all, he cared. He understood. "It's just all so different." the young boy sighed, shifting his gaze back to the small flower in front of him before leaning his head on the other boy's shoulder. He thought again about Sunny and his sister, Dawn. They were lucky to be together still. He had only realised truly how much he cared about his sister - of course he had always known he cared deeply for her, but the extent of it had been unknown to him until now. "Sunny and Dawn." he said simply, before adding "They remind me of her... of Sorrel."

His heart lurched at her name and he fought back the tears that threatened to fall. They did not roll down his cheeks - not yet, anyway. But they were close and he felt the pain deep inside him. One that right now, only Hawthorn could rest.
English * French
shadowhunter
60 Posts
Ooc —
Hawthorn shrugged, an indifferent mask sliding easily over his sharpening features. "Don't worry about it," he drawled, almost carelessly, though the careful gleam in his brilliant blue orbs said otherwise. "I mean, I don't seem to serve any other purpose otherwise," he said, his face completely serious, but his tone bore an underlying layer of amusement, intending to make the other boy smile, if not laugh. Haw missed Kier's smile, missed the brightness in his eyes and the laughter in his face, and he was determined to bring it back.

A shiver ran down his spine when Kieran rested his head on his shoulder and he shivered involuntarily, cursing himself mentally when he realised what had happened. Hawthorn cleared his throat and looked away, resisting the urge to do something, anything. Instead, he listened to his companion's words, his muscles tense for whatever reason. "I miss her as well," Hawthorn said simply. "And you miss her. We all miss those we lose, those we cared about, those who matter to us. Sometimes we see them in others, and that hurts - I get that. But its a good thing as well, because you still remember her, and she still lives with you." He spoke of her sister, but he supposed his words could be used in other scenarios. They didn't really make sense, now that he thought about it, but whatever. Kier could guess, could understand.

"Cry if it makes you feel better," Hawthorn shrugged. "I have enough masculinity for the both of us, anyways," he drawled, hoping to draw a smile out. "The beauty that is me is undeniable."

Mercenary:
0/5

Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
"You're like a... whatsitcalled.... a guardian," he replied, glancing up at Haw. Honestly, he didn't know where he'd be without his friend. He chuckled slightly, that little spark of joy beginning to appear in his eyes once more. He had realised, now, that he should not be grieving for his loved ones. He had grieved, but now it was time to stop. They were always with him, in some form or another. "I guess I should stop being a grump. I'm not alone - I have you, and I have Dad. And I guess they are still with us." The boy made sure to say they, as he knew that Hawthorn must miss his sister, too. He made a promise to himself, a while ago, that he would stay happy - for Sylvas. And yet.... he had broken that promise. He had become dull and droopy, when really his father needed comforting too. And who was there to comfort him? Kieran would have to, so he would have to start acting older. More mature. He wouldn't weep like a newborn, he would help like he had wanted to do so long ago.

"You probably are the most masculine here, Haw." He couldn't help the laugh that escaped his jaws. It was true though, if one of them had to be known as the more feminine one, it was no doubt Kieran.
English * French