Golden Glade die with memories, not dreams
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Joining 

Embry was quiet, pensive as he sat there, muscular frame erect and dignified. His aureate figure was shrouded in a blanket of thick, enveloping fog that dampened his golden hue to a dimmer bronze. Two sea-green orbs peered through the mist, traipsing along the tree line with self-composed attentiveness. A new chapter of his life was about to begin, one that would both conquer and promote him. He would be surrounded with wolves constantly, a thought that all but lurked about his mind, planting seeds of skepticism with every breath that escaped his lungs. His battered, dishevelled coat was caked in dried blood and bruises, but he assumed an august ambience despite. Ghosts spiralled from his lips, noble brow furrowed, tail still against the russet ground now lathered in sunlight. The world was a glowing congregation of various golds and oranges, blazing undergrowth thick with tawny vivacity.

Beside him sat his sparring partner, Feyre, in her aurean brilliance. His performance had been provoked out of sheer necessity and nothing more. Now, they howled together in a single, clear note. He tilted his head back and parted his maw, face supine to the blazing sky above. His voice climbed in a deep, resonant tenor throughout the glade, alerting the inhabitants of his presence. The melodious timbre hung in the air as his sights retreated back to the ground, ears cocked; alert. He shot a few fleeting glances at Feyre, summoning an expression of confidence and vim. He was eager to address the alphas, if not only to prove his worth in the world.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Beauty is power; a smile is its sword
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
The mist blended her creamy form into his, giving her a ghostlike apperance beside his stronger build. She could feel his nerves radiating from his stagnant form, yet he appeared calm and collected. She did not want him to worry, for she knew that Jhala would take a liking to him. He was strong, but not too arrogant to form loyal bonds. A wry smile danced across her maw at the thought, to see him submissive would be a sight for sore eyes.

As he tilted his skull back into the morning fog, she obliged, bringing her own muzzle high into the chilly daybreak. A high, silvery note poured from her, entwining with his call. It was encouragement. A friendly call to her pack, alerting them that she had found someone worthy of their presence. When the song drifted from her maw into silence, she pressed her side into his. She knew his confidence was mere bravado, and hoped to provide any sort of encouragement that she may.

Mercenary: 5/5
housewife, also prepared to fuck you up
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
it was jhala who arrived first, her gaze warm but cautious as she eyed feyre and the stranger who accompanied her. "feyre, who's this?" she asked, her eyes holding still to the man. was this a friend? a mate? a lover? juicy, jhala thought, though she kept herself from smirking. her gaze studied him, curious. she assumed he was here to join, and feyre's word or not he'd have to prove himself. jhala wasn't making the same mistake they made in the grotto-- she wanted loyal followers and tough warriors. she would not be pushed around, and neither would her wolves.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry erected his posture as he spotted the female, first a small bean of blended hues among the distant trees. He drew himself to a less pliant height, his stature growing slightly more docile, if not lacking a certain aggression. He felt a strong urge to frown at the Alpha, who's introduction was nothing short of disparaging, but he knew better. Her confident stride and prudent tone at least carried the message clear enough to keep him from cracking; keep him reverent. Time had taught him how to keep his wits about , and, predominantly, how to avoid getting a swift nip to the tail. His gaze slipped to Feyre and he sighed. He didn't want to ruin this for the both of them.

"I'm Embry." He didn't intend to let his first introduction slip from his grasp so easily. His gaze was stolid, respectful but with an undeniable attentiveness. He kept his stance medial as he spoke, tail swaying steadily. "It's a pleasure to meet you." He kept his tone transient, sincere. There was a reservation in his coarse voice that should have passed for respect. After all, he couldn't help but summon a slight affinity towards her - she was, no doubt, a leader. He swept his gaze across the clearing, accounting for its vast diversity, before gesturing with his ears to the vicinity. "I'm not looking for trouble. I want to join your pack - extend my services, if you will." He felt awkward as he stood there, muscular frame bent in a subtle display of submission. It wasn't his most emphatic moment, but it got the point across, however vague it may have seemed.
ϟ
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
She felt a bright grin spread across her maw as she witnessed her Alphess mold from the mist. She let out a soft chuff, a respectful greeting to her superior. As a petite fae in size already, it did not take much for her to become submissive. Slipping her plume between her hind legs, she lowered her amber eyes to Jhala's paws.

She nearly answered Jhala, but her companion stepped in. She smiled at him faintly before turning her gaze back to Jhala, a glint of pleading in her eyes. She searched the fae's expression with her own, she seemed to be solving a puzzle. With a friendly fan of her ivory tail she waited to see what Jhala would say. One could say she was hopeful to hear.

480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
she sniffed, unsure of what to make of the situation. truthfully, she shouldn't have made anything out of it-- but the way that feyre had looked at her was somewhat baffling-- and jhala became a bit confused. "jhala," she said bluntly, gazing between the two. his position-- embry's position--- was docile, respectful, though not fully submissive. the alphess stared still, expectant, even after he shared his intentions.

she would get to their official joining process in a minute, jhala wanted to know more. "how'd you know him?" she asked, specifically to feyre. she wondered if they were companions beforehand, or if she'd merely found him and brought him back. she wouldn't mind either, she just wanted to know.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
   Embry softened, sea-green orbs somewhat blunted. This wolf clearly did not wish to address him quite yet, despite his attempts. He knew her erstwhile motive - the establishment of hierarchy and ranking that detested default advocacy - but it did not palliate the ebbing tide of frustration gnawing at his stomach. When she spoke, he nodded, receptive of the name.

It was interesting enough; he had never heard a title more foreign than his own and it endeavored to enthrall his already limited range of focus. Jhala. He would remember it. But when she spoke again, his ears seemed to arch higher upon his squared skull. He let his gaze wander, albeit hesitantly, from the Alpha. They rested earnestly upon Feyre. How did she know him?
ϟ
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
Feyre looked to the soil beneath her paws, not particularily peeved by Jhala's reaction to Embry, but still bothered by it. Does she like him, she thought uncertainly. Yet again that pleading look crossed her gaze; displaying her hope that she would accept him. As the lowest ranked wolf in that pack, she lacked the leverage to convince the woman of his worth.

At Jhala's question--clearly directed to her--she faltered. What were we? The thought ran through her mind as she met his gaze, her question clearly written on her ivory features. His sea-green eyes seemed to ask the same of her. "I...uuhh.. I just met him Alphess, but.. I don't know what we are yet." She stressed the last word carefully, as she did not wish to hurt his feelings. Of course she felt for him, but they had not talked about what they were. She held his gaze, pouring warmth into her own to display her meaning. This was not the time for a misunderstanding.

A mmobile hotel post XD

480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
jhala's gaze narrowed. feyre hadn't really answered the question... she could tell that they were something, maybe not lovers but dabbling in the possibility-- but that didn't answer how or where she'd met the guy. "of course," she said slowly, sneaking a gaze at embry to eye him curiously, "but, were you scouting? did you find him on the borders? where did you two meet?" she felt that the rephrasing of the question was more clear, but was still a bit confused. she sensed embry's uncertainty, and both of their frustration, which only made her antsy. she was only doing her job. trying to clear the air a bit more, she cleared her throat.

"this isn't an interrogation-- i've got nothing against you, embry. we just have some territorial issues that i feel haven't settled-- feyre you should understand my concern," she said, a bit softer, feeling that she'd somehow offended the sylph with her questioning.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
     Embry kept his mouth shut; conciliatory, if you will. When Feyre spoke he could hear the variability in her tone, just as he could feel her gaze broaching at his judgement. She had put emphasis on the yet, but he didn't need it. It was understandable that certain lengths must be taken to appear viable beneath Jhala, especially now that he was looking to embed himself within her ranks. His jaw worked as he stood there, golden mass demarcated by the waning ribbons of sunlight filtering through the trees. His mind simply would not stop gyrating, no matter how placated his outward stance implied. 

He remained calm, even ardent, as her gaze fluttered across him; broad shoulders squared as though addressing that of a fellow commander. He could remember his father when he spoke to surrogates of the council - tall and imperious, crystalline pools limpid despite his audience. The least he could do was evince his competence. If not through rhetoric or verbal discourse, than certainly by means of sheer comportment.

He could tell that her primacy was growing lissome, what with the sudden cloud of agitation he and Feyre must be radiating, and likewise veered from his primary course of action. Sometimes it was better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. Her final sentence, in addition, was perplexing. He was curious to investigate, and often the best means of doing so was simply to listen. What better route than to wait and let the answer come to him?
ϟ
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
She scorned herself for her own indescretions. If only she had answered Jhala thouroughly to begin with. It was not as if she did not wish for her Alphess to know, it was more of a case where she simply forgot. Before answering Jhala's first questions she paused, "I've been walking along the borders quite a bit recently and...err...I found him. He was attempting to take a carcass." She paused once again before adding, "Just inside the borders of the Glade Alphess." She thought back to the questions quickly before nodding absently to herself. Yes those were sufficient answers.

She recognised Jhala's nerves and smiled to her faintly, comfortingly. It was kind of the agutui to make sure she had not offended her companion. "Of course Alphess, thats why I've been over by the borders quite a bit more recently." She nodded to the woman. It was strange, the amount of wolves who continually crossed their borders. Feyre had fought with her fair share of them in the past weeks since joining. She felt a slight heat rise to her face as she recounted her last 'fight', causing her to allow her amber eyes to flutter back to Embry briefly.

480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
just inside the borders of the glade, alphess.

her brow furrowed, amber gaze darkening in concern. she stared for a while at feyre, even after she continued talking. sure, she could understand falling fancy to someone, but why did she even have the opportunity to. her gaze flitted to embry once, before focusing on feyre again. "inside the borders?" she questioned, her teeth clicking together in order to calm herself down, "he was inside the borders-- stealing-- and instead of chasing him out, you brought him to me to join us?" she was clearly unhappy. jhala was more angry than anything, but tried her hardest to tone it down. she thought of reek, and how happy her life was with him, and how everyone should be allowed that-- but this was just stupid.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
    Embry felt his body cringe, though whether it was visible or not he was uncertain. This was not how he had intended anything to turn out, but it surprised him how shocked the Alphess seemed. Surely she understood that by now he was as safe as could be possible? That by allowing the moments to crawl by without so much as breathing he had proved his position among the group. If he had wanted to hurt anyone, by the gods he would have done so already. So when the female spoke, he did not let his posture negate him; nor did he imply any change in atmosphere. The only difference in his stance was that of his gaze, which grew hard and deliberate. 

"That's not exactly so straightforward, Jhala. The circumstances didn't just shift out of its ambiguity." Some things needed to be cleared up. Especially if he had any hopes of joining forces. "I came from the coast and was met with the aftermath of the winter. I had falsely assumed that the Spring had arrived with enough warmth to return..." He let his gaze match with the Alphess, solemn orbs of sea-green depths. 

"I spotted a carcass and reacted selfishly. In truth, I hadn't been aware enough of my surroundings to notice Feyre. She acted out of duty and instantly interrupted whatever my intentions had been - whether to steal or simply seek warmth for the night - and now I'm here. After such a noble display of loyalty, no doubt stemmed from the pack itself, how could I have neglected the opportunity to employ myself to their services?" He kept his voice steady, resonant and firm. This was no time for cowardice or frailty. He was speaking his thoughts to the world, and he had no intentions of watching them be neglected.
ϟ
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
Her embarassment could not be move prevalent then now. The heat seeping into her countenance was now caused by her overwhelming shame. That word, just, was definently the wrong word to use. By that of course, she had meant that he was precisely on the inside edge of the territory. Instead, it seemed as though she meant that it had not mattered to her that he had envaded their homeland. 

She grimaced. His words were blatant, but she made sure to make her peace. This was going to take some explaining from her part to make sure that she got a similar point accross."A-Alphess, I did attack him. Right after I told him to leave our territory first. Just as Embry stated, it wasn't exactly a ...straightforward event" Her amber eyes fixed on the woman's paws in humiliation. She had always succeeded in tossing out intruders, so her reputation was on the line with this case. Maybe if he hadn't been stealing. She glanced at him for a second, growing agitated. How did he grow so desperate to do such a thing? She steeled her gaze before dragging it back to Jahla and letting her sencerity show through."I understand where you come from Jhala. I usually," She threw a pointed look to Embry, "force loners out, but..." Her eyes softened when she regarded the aurean male once more, If he hadn't attempted thievery, I wouldn't have met him. "I...err...saw something different in him." She stammered. She was appreceative of his words of support to her, and impressed by how eloquent he spoke to Jhala.

She understood the fae's masked fury, for it was the same as her own every time she spotted a loner. What would I do if I were not in this position, but in hers? That thought became one she could not answer. As a pack member, she would have already chased Embry far away from the Glade and its young inhabitants. Yet, as herself she could not bear to do such a thing to him now that she knew he would never hurt someone for no reason whatsoever. She could not grasp the solution to how to calm the situation down, but she knew she would somehow.

Wow ok that was long...Whoopsie XD

480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
she looked almost in disbelief at embry as he spoke, staring still even as feyre began to speak. the male was obviously aware of the situation, and he made no effort to do anything. he did not submit or apologize-- he merely defended himself further. though she could understand his points, she wasn't sure she cared. this was not how they treated intruders... this was not okay. she didn't even listen-- not fully-- to either of their defenses. instead, the female found the fur along her spine bristling, and her lips pulled back in a low snarl.

"out," she growled, giving a step forward, "you've disrespected my pack by comin' in our land, and me for showing up here again and acting like you have a right to stay in the borders." she gave a quick half-glance at feyre, unsure how the fae would react, but her gaze remained ultimately on embry. her message was clear-- you are not welcome here.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
 Embry was confused. This didn't make much sense to him - her sudden, acute hatred and the tension that now lashed at his frame. He didn't look at Feyre, nor really at much else but the fuming female in front of him. Her position was dangerous, trembling visibly with anger. He himself could feel his own fur rising at the sight of her hostility. How had things veered so steeply? They had been going so well, too. He had only been trying to support Feyre and make a good impression. He had hoped that what he had spoken would show her that he was just opting to become as one of the pack - a team player amidst the rest of them and nothing more. To grow obsolete, if needed, and dwindle away life within a familial grounds... with Feyre.

His ears lowered as the female spoke. He did not cower, though his stance was just as respectful as it had been throughout the meeting. "You're right. I don't have a right. Never did, now that I think about it." He moved backwards at the agouti's fretful ushering, not wanting to start a brawl. Surely things could be helped, no matter how dire the situation. "This land wasn't ever mine and not once have I ever wanted it... I've just never stumbled upon a place like this, with wolves like this, that could leave me so enamored. I'm sorry if I've caused disrespect in my compliments. Even more so if, by offering myself to a life beneath you, I offended you as well. But please don't do this. I will work triple the force of any other if you would only give me time to prove myself." 

He let his gaze wander to Feyre, wondering frantically what was on her mind. He hated that he had allowed himself to go this far, to place this much trust on strangers. He should have left when he saw her, no doubt. At least that way he'd have had less to think about, less to realize how much he'd lost. So close to the pack life again, with a wolf he loved and somebody to watch his back. He would do whatever it took not to let it evade him as before.
ϟ
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
Great.

Just great. The two other wolves bristled at one another's stances, causing Feyre to become tense. She did not raise her hackles, nor did she lift her maw to mirror Jhala's snarl. Instead, she found herself releasing a rolling rumble from the chasm of her chest. "Enough." She was done playing games with her Alphess. Maybe if I got it so that she acually listened...Her anger brushed the thought aside with force, this was not the time for pleading. Pleading, begging, and logically convincing had already met the stone cold wall that was Jhala.

With a heaving sigh of disappointment and regret, she lifted her amber gaze from the woman's paws. Her orbs steeled when they met the womans harsh glare, her voice barely reaching above a deadly whisper. "Fine," She nearly spat the word, "You want him out? Then I'm leaving with him..Alpha." The name had lost its honeyed tune upon her tounge. Her tone faded to one of sorrow, "...but that probably doesn't matter to you anyways does it? All I am is a useless member of this damn pack who was weak enough not to chase him out along with all of the others."

She lifted her tail from its subordinate position, raising herself up to her full, yet petite, height. Her sunset eyes narrowed into that of slits, questioning the woman before her. She had looked up to this woman, the woman who now could see no logic in her storm of anger. She no longer felt the sense of loyalty to her. Instead, she felt herself pulled by a taunt string towards the aurean male beside her. She knew with out a shadow of a doubt, if he left, so would she.

480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
clearly these wolves knew nothing about the real, natural, world. embry plead, and before she could straight up attack him, feyre showed a display of dominance. arrogant little bitch, she was. she was stupid, too, if she thought that she could get away with that. the other girl's posture was squared, tall, but she was no mama bear. jhala was a thick beast of a woman, that was clear. "then get OUT," she bellowed, and without waiting for anything else lunged. she aimed for feyre's throat, but was ready for the two to clear out beforehand. they were stupid already, but they'd be total morons if they stuck around for a fight. even if embry joined in, jhala was aiming for feyre, and the small fae was no match for the crowned queen of the glade.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry had been calming his nerves since before the female first arrived. Throughout the evening he had resorted to a peaceful motive, and not once did he even dare to attack. He was not scared to fight with the Alphess, nor was he even that apprehensive when he had first seen her hostility. But when she aimed for Feyre, all primordial attempts any former constitution was lost. His lips parted to reveal the fangs beneath, a husky growl escaping his throat.

"Don't - Touch - Her." He leapt forward, golden coat streaking across the clearing as he moved to intercept. He wasn't too fast, but it didn't matter. He just needed to keep that crazy tempest away from his... from Feyre. He skidded in between the two, flanks heaving from the sudden rush of adrenaline, and ushered Feyre to get moving. His gaze halted upon Jhala with quiet, seething anger. She was no leader. She couldn't even tell the good ones from the rest. Maybe because she simply was not one.

"I don't know what this pack has for you - be it loyalty or some unforeseen fear-inspired respect - but I do know that this is just wrong. I haven't done anything to you. And Feyre... She especially hasn't earned this. She's worked hard to gain your respect, while you did nothing to even deserve her's. If you can let one wolf take away two possible benefits to your pack, I'd hate to see what a better pack could do to you."
ϟ
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
Her Alpha - no - this woman she use to vie to become even a fraction of similar too, spoke with venom towards the fae. Feyre's unparralleled anger would be no match for the woman's pure strength. She could feel the attack coming before the other woman moved a hair towards her. With swift grace, she leapt backwards away from the slashing ivories of her old leader. How dare she? The crystalline femme glared at the woman with narrowed eyes, prowling closer to the other two wolves.

Rather than putting herself in further danger, she simply nipped at the back of Embry's ear before backing away from the woman warily, a request for him to follow her. "Embry." His name was deadly calm on her lips, a warning for him not to engage. She was no stranger to the nature of Jhala, and understood that she herself would not defeat the fae in battle; nor did she feel like attacking someone she had highly regarded. With reluctance, she still held on to some of that respect for her, but would never voice it. Her voice was soft, but threaded with anger and regret as she spoke, "Goodbye Alphess." She allowed herself to add a respectful nod of her head to the femme, but kept her stance strong as she turned away. With swift paws, she padded towards the border of the Glade, leaving her home and pack - former pack - behind.

Just wanted to say that Feyre's opinions do not mirror my own, and that I've had a lovely time with the Glade!

480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
i'm sorry about this <3 jhala's a stubborn gal. for PP / realism reasons jhala can't really stop mid lunge. but you're welcome to continue and say that they escaped. assume a minor injury to embry, per our trespassing rule. i'm choosing shoulder, since that's what seems the most realistic in the current position they're in. 

jhala was already in the air and lunging, and though embry had blocked her from feyre, he did not save himself. instead he began to ramble like a bafoon-- giving jhala the perfect opportunity to sink her teeth into his shoulders. her perfect pair of pearly whites locked into flesh, the warm blood pooling into her mouth. she knocked into him as she landed, but ripped away a hunk of shoulder as she leapt backwards. feyre said something, but jhala wasn't concerned with it. the mama bear spat the blood and flesh to the side, now-stained teeth bared in a snarl.

"OUT," she repeating once more, giving them ample opportunity to run off. she was done with this, if they chose to stay she'd call for back-up, but by now she had made it very clear that she wanted them gone.