Jade Fern Grove she wasn't looking for a knight, she was looking for a sword
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Private 
     @Krypton (this is taking place before Embry's appearance at Golden Glade/spar with Feyre)
     Embry's large, golden mass was dwarfed by the lively congregation of olive and apple hues surrounding him. Bolts of honey-bronze sunlight drove hazy stripes across the opulent undergrowth, so that his paws were entangled in the flaxen streams. From where he lay, pressed against the earth in a sprawled position, he was ostensibly impartial to the world around him. He was lost amidst a swirling scenery, eyes skimming across the vibrant coverts; youthful in the mid-day expanse. There was no particular reason for his curiosity, or, quite shrewdly, his choice of location. In truth, he was losing a part of himself that he had been born to command: life constantly at the heels of another wolf.

The loss of total social infrastructure and hierarchy, with its complete physical Darwinism, had taken a massive toll on the mechanics behind day-to-day life. He no longer felt that which was the need to earn respect, or, in retrospect, give any in return. You shouldn't have left. His mind chattered like an insolent bird, badgering him for his deliquency and lack of tact. He could feel his lips curling subconciously at the admonition. Somewhere in the distance, the soft chantey of birds lifted from within the depths of the grove, somewhat concilliating his sudden (albeit unusual) height in temper.

His aureate fur shimmered as he moved, ears angled toward the source of the noise. His nose quivered incoherently as his sea-green orbs lapsed from thicket to thicket, traipsing across the various scarlets and ivies before him. The previous moment's mood vanished entirely, replaced by a new sense of residual alarm. He had almost forgotten that this was not the coast anymore, nor the fen. "Who's there?" His voice blemished the beauty of the coppice, deep and resonant in comparison to the soft landscape. They sounded so foreign on his lips - the first words he had spoken since his expulsion from the fen. 

ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
ooc: leaving this open for him to move first, then she'll use her first attack (which fails)

krypton had been making her rounds of the territory during the time, marking the borders and such and checking in to make sure everyone was doing good. she had began to notice that her pack had slowly grown slim once again with the dissapearenwce of a few members she liked. it was a shame and she hoped they would return, but she doubted it. however, there was one wolf she didn't wish to return, and that was Mara Susi. it was not that the woman was awful or mean ot rude or anything of the sort, it was more that her loyalty was very suspicious and overall fishy and flip-floppy all the time. she was nearly gone 24/7. but, perhaps now, it was permament.

the beastly woman shook her head at the thought, now was not the time to focus on Mara, it was time to focus on her job. krypton looked around her a bit before deciding to go and spread her scent around the outside areas besides the stone circle. she knew there weren't any other packs nearby besides the ganador gang, which she made sure to avoid going in their direction, instead, she swung the opposite way and left a clear note: easthollow wolves present, do not enter. hopefully the message would be seen as enough.

although she was about to turn and head home, something caught her attention, the scent of another who had drawn a bit too close for comfort. krypton decided it was best to meet the source at hand and try to remove it while she could on her own to remove any needs for calling her alphas. as she moved forward through the grass and fern leaves that littered the area. she began to lower her position as she moved closer before, finally, her eyes locked onto a figure dead ahead of her. it was a wolf, a loner who seemed to know she was there with his voice calling out. krypton contemplated whether or not she should attack. instead, she popped up quickly, fur and all standing on edge as she strode forward a step.

the muscular woman spoke in a hoarse voice. "you're drawing too close to our borders, stranger-" she warned him firmly, wondering if he was going to attack her or not "i suggest you head back from where you came." krypton's voice spoke with such asperity that nearly most wolves who heard it would oblige like puppies listening to their mother's voice. she wondered if it would be that easy for her.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry felt his hackles raise ever so slightly, sea-green gaze flickering beneath his tawny brow. He could feel the hostility radiating from her pelt. Beneath him, his claws flexed into the earth, creating large divots in the russet foliage. He suppressed the urge to condense his temper. It would certainly be a lethal shock to simply let it free - let it boil towards that one climactic moment in which his muscles were loosed to do their will. He would like to call it vengeance, heck if vengeance even half encompassed the territory he was about to venture upon, but his heart told otherwise. The old Embry was a gentleman, and certainly no raven. But even as she spoke, he felt a mirthful smile spring to his lips. His tail swayed eagerly, a plume of golden swinging as that of a pendulum behind him. This was too comical to ignore: her belief that he could be so quickly diverted.

"As it appears, you are the one that came from somewhere..." He trailed off and stifled a yawn, fangs glinting subconciously as he stood. His back arched while he stretched, paws splayed out before him. In his peripherals, he kept his sights targeted on the female. If she moved, it would be easily intercepted. Yet, she did not, and he was forced to engage himself. Grimacing, he stopped and cocked his ears, pointedly aggravated. "I really thought you'd have gotten the gist of this whole game by now. I'm - not - leaving." And with that, he lunged toward the fae, a blur of muscle and aurean fur. His momentum sent his body careening sideways, so that as his teeth clamped shut somewhere along the female's neck and shoulder the added force was enough to shove her groundwards. It wasn't the most accurate of shots (his teeth only clipped at the surface of her skin), but it compensated with the raw gravitational effect. Being a larger wolf didn't always have its downsides.

ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".