Silver Creek Anybody Home
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
All Welcome 
Thread was made when Silver Creek was still a pack

The shining light of the suns rays glissened off Seri's coat. She was full of excitement as she trotted with her toung out, lightly panting. Walking threw the semi tall grass further and further away from the den. She was getting more and more ambishious as she grew older. For the most part of her life she had only known her mother and father. Knowing that there were in fact other wolves in this pack she was on a mission to find them. Trotting around she yelled out "Any body home?"
15 Posts
Ooc —
Rowen yawned and stretched, feeling then ground beneath his toes, slowly he stood being sure to stretch every muscle even flicking his fluffy red tail. His tummy rumbled it's annoyance, and he frowned slightly, he was hungry, but he had not found a good meal in a day or two now. He tried to ignore his hunger as he began to walk aimlessly, he had no home and no attachment to any place in particular. 

His morning stroll was intrupted by a young tiny voice, it was well off in the distance but it was cause enought for the ever shy Rowen to freeze mid step looking even more like the fox he bore resembalance to, he turned his head toward the voice his eyes wide, searching for the source he may not find, his heart raced wondering if he he heard anything at all.
94 Posts
Ooc —
In continuing his efforts to explore all the lands within a few days travel of the shadewood, Grievous came across the steadily weakening borders of Silver Creek. There were wolves here, certainly, but they were beginning to neglect their borders and the brave wolf was eager to take advantage. Upon finding a complete break in their warning signs, he made for the heart of the woods, wondering how far he would get before he was contested.

Strangely, the first canine he came across, was a pale child. Alone and calling for company. Grievous approached slowly, pausing only when he had been spotted, and then he inclined his head in mild encouragement for her to come nearer. She had been looking for strangers after all...
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Sorry for late reply, was waiting to see if anything changed with Rowen. I'm proceeding as though he isn't there.
@Spring 

After a little time Seri began to see a dark figure in the near distance. If she were older and less curious she may have been more wary, but she was both of those things, so she walked up to this new wolf with a wag in her tail. She went up to this stranger and said "Hi!" to him. Seri wasn't right in front of this wolf, but only a few yards away. Close enough to smell him. Because children were so direct Seri said the the male "You smell funny". The only smell she really knew was of her mother, father and siblings.
94 Posts
Ooc —
The curious little snowball drifted towards him, unabashed and unperturbed by his typically unsettling presence. Grievous was intrigued. The girl was young enough not to know better, and he was just conniving enough to take advantage of it. A better man might have thought to return her to her own father, but this wolf was a greedy and lonely sort. He would keep her, if he could manage it.

He sat down as she spoke, aware that he did not intimidate her, but wanting to present himself as gently as possible. His tail wagged a little, and he angled his head curiously towards her. Funny, you say... he mused quietly. Is it a bad smell, little one?
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
As Seri spoke the stranger took a seat and Seri followed suit. He tilted his head which in turn made Seri turn her head in questioning, but in the other direction. He asked her if it was a bad smell. She paused a moment thinking the question over not wanting to get it wrong as though there was a correct answer. "... I... I don't think so. But you smell alot different then mom and dad." she said assuming that this stranger would know her parents. 

Then all of the sudden, like most unfocused mind of pups, Seri changed the subject and asked him a question. "Do you like to play games?" she asked as her tail wagged vigeriously.
94 Posts
Ooc —
He smiled at the uncertainty in the girl's response, but failed to see any true humor in it. There was nothing funny about a child alone, and to Grievous there was only one of two things he could do with her if none came soon to claim her: steal her away, or end her life as a mercy. The latter choice would be easier, less taxing. But the former would cure him of his loneliness. Thyri had gone off to wilds unknown, and Grievous now carried with him the trivial burdens of a single wolf. He craved for task, but there was none if he remained alone.

"Oh I like to play all kinds of games, child. Would thy would like to play one now?"
132 Posts
Ooc — chey
Away
Natashe had been out wandering when she caught Seri's scent. Immediately alarmed that she wasn't back at the den with spring she ran after the trail. What she saw when she came upon the scene scared her. Placing herself between her niece and the stranger she snarled fiercely, not giving a moment to take In the situation "Seri get behind me!" She barked sharply her eyes narrowing at the strange male "who are you? Why are you here?"she snapped at him.
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Seri's was just about to respond to the male as he offered to play with her when Natashe came to the scene. Seri was shocked, why was he aunt acting this way. But when she was told to get behind her she hurredily rushed to Natashe's backside. From there she looked on ward at the male wondering what was going to happen next. When Natahe snapped at the male, Seri took a few little steps back not wanting to get caught up in any aggression.
94 Posts
Ooc —
Grievous was on his feet the instant he sensed another wolf, and because he had expected to find an angry parent of the girl, he didn't react violently himself. He did, however, take a defensive stance with the she-wolf, his tail lashing in quiet fury. He wasn't the one, after all, who had left the child unattended. If anything he'd just served as a babysitter, and should have been treated with more respect. Nevermind his trespassing.

She demanded to know who he was, and he obliged the fire-touched woman with a stiff glare. "Grievous," he answered her, a low growl on his breath as he warned her not to attack him. If she wished to remain unscathed, then her best option was to act as cordially as possible. A one-on-one fight could mean trouble for her, and the puppy certainly wouldn't be much help to her in that endeavor. "Thy borders had faded, and when I sought to investigate I found her." He motioned towards the girl, but did not take his eyes from the sharp gold of the female that presumed to accost him. "She is unharmed, and I've no ill will for thee either," Grievous stated, callously hesitating to leave.
132 Posts
Ooc — chey
Away
Natashe gave a guilty look back towards Seri,feeling bad for starting the poor girl but she didn't focus on her niece for long. Instead she turned a wary gaze back toward the brute as he spoke, taking his words seriously. Remaining silent for a few moments she gave a Curt nod and slowly allowed her fur to lie flat against her body once more. "Our pack is having some problems,but I guarantee you we are still here. We will refresh our borders again to make sure this doesn't happen" she began in a more civil tone. She shifted her weight and looked back toward Seri "This is my niece. She shouldn't be out alone from the den, I am honestly surprised that my sister didn't notice her absence" her tone took on a slightly annoyed note and she shook her head a bit "Thank you grievous for not harming her. I will have to ask you to leave now though" she stated calmly her fiery gaze meeting his and holding his gaze. She hoped he wouldn't give her trouble in departing,she really didn't want a fight today and especially not in front of a small child.
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
As the two adult spoke to one another, Seri tried to figure out the what was happening. The pack had it borders and this wolf had crossed them. Why had he crossed them in the first place? How could they have been faded? As the conversation went on she began to get some answers, though nothing as clear as an answer she would get if she just asked. For whatever reason this wolf wasn't ment to be here and he should leave. Seri didn't question her aunt or say anything else. She stayed behind her watching as she tried to peice together what was happening.
94 Posts
Ooc —
Grievous watched as the fiery she-wolf thought better of her position here and the danger he posed to her as a larger wolf. Not that she didn't have a chance, but he was glad she didn't seem inclined to take the risk without the support of others rallying behind her. He listened to the plight of her pack, a troublesome time which he had surmised on his own before she confirmed it verbally. When the she-wolf asked him politely yet firmly to leave, Grievous hesitated. Not only was he not afraid of this woman nor the proposed pack she had at her back— none of whom he'd yet to see come to the rescue of this child— he also didn't feel as if she could make him.

But because so much time had passed since this thread began, and many other things have happened since, it was by the insistent discretion of Grievous' writer that he leave the area without incident. The wolf smiled wryly, looking like trouble, before he simply lifted his tail and turned, padding slowly away to exit the fading packlands of Silver Creek.