Redhawk Caldera Under the tree, at the top of the hill
They Left Me Standing Unbroken
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Private 
@Lagan :))

Why and where father had gone, Ben didn't know. Mother seemed to be gone too. Mato had been gone for a while and his other siblings, well... he didn't see them often. All he had was Bunnybutt and GrammyMallie. They were fun and all, but every now and then they got together just to be sad, it seemed. The siblings of the Caldera didn't seem very fond of his quiet shyness but at least he had raced with some before. What else was there for him in this world? Every day was the same and he was getting more and more anxious to get up and explore far beyond their borders.

But, today was not that day. No, today he came home with a plump rabbit betwixt his teeth - glowing blue eyes shining proudly. He wasn't the best hunter but when he did catch something it was the best feeling in the world. He usually quietly left his prizes near the caches so no one would find out it was him bringing some snack in. He didn't cope well with compliments or praise anymore. He was a stranger to friends and now even to family. Anyway, he was so hungry when he came back that he couldn't help but start eating right away when he came to the indoor pool they somehow held in their bowl of cereal. There he lay, peacefully eating his meal, deafened by the sound of water.
Dance Under The Ladder
worlds best dad award winner
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
lagan and Gannet have returned! Thanks for starting to meebee <3

Lagan departed from his travel buddy once they had made it home, and the first place he headed was home. He wanted to rest, to eat something, and see the babies! Last time he'd seen them, they were microscopic and there wasn't much he could do to help out with them. But he'd been gone like a week, they must've gotten so much bigger right? As he hurried through the territory, he caught onto a familiar scent, and it was nearby. He'd not spoken to the largest of Sebastian's brood as much, and maybe it was time he did.

So despite his eagerness to get home. He detoured after Benjamin, just to say hello. He found the boy laying down, a rabbit at his feet. He looked pretty happy, full and peaceful. This was the kind of vibe Lagan was feeling at the moment, so he decided maybe he'd hang out with Ben a bit longer than just a hello before going to see what was undoubtedly a chaotic pile of puppies. He barked a friendly hello and trotted over to lay down across from the paler wolf. I'm back! He said with a smile, as he stretched his legs out to get comfy.
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Ears shot down at a chuff and simply pressed against his broad skull with the words that followed. As the dimpwip he was he turned to look, not really recognizing Lagan. Had they ever spoken before? His pelt he did know - he had seen him around in the Caldera but Benjamin wasn't really social here. You were gone? He asked, dark eyebrow dots moving up. Where ya been? He followed up, wanting to know as much about the outside world before he decided to venture out himself.

Sorry for shortness <3
Dance Under The Ladder
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Benjamin's response to Lagan's grand reentrance was not the one that the grey furred boy was hoping for. He frowned a little bit to know that Ben hadn't even realized his absence. Sure the boys didn't know each other very well, but he couldn't have been even a little more observant? Lagan dropped it though, because he didn't like being angry or sad one bit. He moved on to the more satisfying question, Where ya been? Lagan smiled and rolled over onto his back, then painted a picture of the mountains in the air with his paws.

I went to the mountain's south of here! They were huge! Me and Gannet thought we might meet the sun if we went all up in there, but turns out your no closer to the sun when your on top of the mountain than at the bottom. He said wistfully, remembering how cool his trip had been. Then when he remembered Tapat, he flipped back over suddenly, as if he had a huge secret to tell. And guess what I found on the other side?

its fine! Haha Lagan acting like a stereotypical teenage girl xD
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Benjamin was very unaware - had been since his birth. But it wasn't like he was only busy with his own stuff; he just didn't know many wolves nor anything outside the caldera and the fen. He was like a big, manly rapunzel in that sense. He just hoped everyone could just appreciate his interest whenever he was directly told of something. And, as Lagan rolled onto his back, he even scooted a little closer - admiring the dance his paws made in the summer air. This must've been one hell of a trip.

Oooho - never been to the mountains before! Was it cold? He asked, leaning in at the the other's own question. His white tail thumped upon the ground, sending up some dust that settled on his coat. Well, well, well?!
Dance Under The Ladder
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ben scooted closer, and Lagan was pleased that he'd gotten his full attention. He glanced at him and away from his dancing paws, a grin on his face. Was it cold? Not really. Summer is hot everywhere I guess. He replied. Ben asked to know what Lagan had found, and Lagan teased him some more. You really want to know? I don't think you really want to know? He gave him an extremely serious look, as if he was deadass about this, then after a pause for effect he burst out laughing.

Nah man, I'm kidding. I found a pack! A really cool pack with all these pretty wolves. But the prettiest of them all, was Tapat. He wasn't just pretty on the outside, he had a pretty personality. He was only happy, the whole time. I think I have a crush on him, I don't really know. He said, his feet dancing through the air once more.
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Summer equaled hot... Winter equaled cold... Then what were the other two seasons? Just for show? It confused him for a slight moment, but he was pulled right back into the other's story. Benjamin made a cute lil' grumpy face at the teases, reaching out his ink-dipped muzzle to nudge him. I really want to know! He answered, weaving a small chuckle at the end of his sentence. He had fallen too hard for it, hadn't he? At least the boy was laughing. At him? Did he care?

A pack with pretty wolves... Like Granny Malli? No matter her scar, Ben found his grandma to be a nice lady. When Tapat's name was spoken Ben was perplexed for a small moment. That sounded like a boy's name. But... Dad had a girl - Bunnybutt had a girl... Wasn't that how it was supposed to be? Then again, Lagan's green eyes were pretty, and Phox had a "pretty personality" as well... Him... I didn't know boys had crushes on boys too! Does he live far? You could go there again to see him! It was still a rather foreign idea for pure Benjamin, but he had made up his mind; love was love and he would do whatever it took to get him and Tapat together!
Dance Under The Ladder
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ben seemed a little surprised to hear that Lagan's crush was a boy. Lagan remembered what his mom had told him, about how she loved him no matter who he loved, but he hadn't contemplated the idea that others might think differently. Ben seemed to get over the shock quickly, which Lagan was glad for, but what if someone else he loved thought he was weird because he liked boys? What if it was his dad? Or worse, one of his old babies, or the new ones! He tried not the dwell on the thought, to give them all the benefit of the doubt, but he couldn't help but worry a little now.

He lives across the mountains to the south. But I don't know bro, should I? I can't go off to the mountains anytime I want! I have babies to watch out for now! But I really liked him. There was just something cool about him. And he was so pretty, he looked a little bit like you but his eyes were blue they were dark. He said, glancing over at Ben from upside down. Ben was pretty also, but Tapat was just... different.
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Benjamin was a rather accepting creature, he had just never heard of the concept before. And, if he could read minds, he'd tell Lagan that anybody that didn't accept him wasn't worth spending time on. No matter if they were family or not. But, he couldn't, and therefore he couldn't completely comfort the other boy. He blinked, waiting for an answer then, and snorting when it came.

They won't stay puppies forever! You could go when they can care a bit for themselves! He suggested cheerily. He knew how it was to be a pup, and in a few months he just needed meat from time to time because he couldn't really hunt as well as the rest. He blushed and smiled. You find me a little bit pretty? It was the first compliment on his appearance - he rather enjoyed it, too.
Dance Under The Ladder
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ben suggested he go when the pups could care for themselves, but Lagan didn't know if he could wait that long. He might have to go sooner, just for a day or two, just to see Tapat's face again. Ben asked Lagan if he thought he was pretty, and Lagan nodded. Umm yes, dude you're gorgeous! Lagan said, meaning it as just a compliment to a friend. If Tapat hadn't come along, Lagan probably would've been crushing on Ben about now, but Tapat had come and stole his heart away.
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Gorgeous? It wouldn't have been the word to describe himself. He was visually acceptable, but nothing extraordinary. Probably nothing when compared to the Tapat. Still, he smiled with a giggle. It had become a rather low sound, buttery like his dad's. You're nice too. He tried, but he was nowhere near as blunt as Lagan with it all. He wasn't any good at this - perhaps that is why he had no boy or girl at his side yet.
Dance Under The Ladder
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Lagan smiled at Ben's compliment, and he chuckled. Thanks dude, I try. He said, jokingly bending his head to lick down a fluff on his chest. Finally he was done rolling on his back, and the big kid hopped to his feet. He felt really giddy and excited, so he dropped into a play bow quickly. His tongue lolled out of his mouth and he barked right in Ben's face. Hey! What do you want to do? Play a game? Go run? He asked, smacking his front feet on the ground.
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Sure he tried. Ben didn't really try though. Anything that came out of his mouth was just an accident. Hell, sometimes he was sure that he'd been an accident altogether. Surely they wouldn't have thought the runt of the litter to become the biggest, fattest bloke? He was a walking joke. He pulled back when Lagan lifted, head pulled back and ears questioningly swiveling about on a low level. What about a nap? He proposed. He wasn't really an active wolf anymore, and though he had his moments of uncontrollable energy, those moments were only triggered by fantastical events.
Dance Under The Ladder
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Lagan's enthusiasm was met with a weary suggestion. Lagan grunted, letting his tail fall still. A nap certainly wasn't what he wanted to do right now. He wished Ben would play with him, if Tapat were here he knew that he would. He stepped back, allowing Ben all the space he would need to nap. You nap, I gots to go see my new babies! I have a lot of sitting to catch up on. He said, a smile on his face as he thought about how fun it would be to sit and play and endear and teach his new siblings.

Bye Ben! He said, then turned and raced off toward the Blackthorn den.

Last for me!