King Elk Forest A home within a home
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Private 

As they arrived from their travels Burke had some new energy found within him. He really liked this forest as it felt as old as he did. He liked the serenity and the calmness. There was also supposed to be that King Elk that roamed these lands. He found it fascinating to think about. He wanted to see it, just to see how big it is. However, other matters would need to happen first. He glanced at Malice. "We should find a den preferably close to the water so I don't need to walk too far for a drink," he spoke to her.

Burke liked to have a den. Especially now he grew older he wanted somewhere to curl up and stay warm. He knew the seasons were changing soon. The male could sleep out in the open. Luckily he did have a mate that kept him warm as well. "Shall we look for one?," he asked.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She was lost in thoughts about the mountains where she had met the speckled leader of Moonspear. She wanted to visit, as she had promised, but she would rather not find an ill or dead Burke whenever she would return. Still, the more seconds passed, the fuzzier their memory of her became. She wasn't the most extraordinary creature she knew and her only true identifiable feature was her scar. A den hadn't even come to mind until Burke brought it up, and her mind brought her back to their island where they had raised their two boys - no matter where they were now.

She snapped out of it, nodding silently. She didn't like the dying that came with autumn and feared Burke would not survive the winter that was to come. She nodded again when he requested they look for a home, lifting and following with thoughts wandering elsewhere.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian

Burke glanced at Malice as she was so quiet. He side glanced at her for a moment. He was tired from their travels as well, but normally Malice wasn't that quiet. The older male raised his docked tail along with his head. "Are you going to tell me what is bothering you?," he asked. He wasn't sure if Malice needed some therapisting from his side. Maybe she just wanted a quiet moment and didn't feel the need to talk. Burke was curious though because not many things could make Malice quiet.

"Is it that friend of yours again? I forgot his name," he spoke. He would apologize, but then again. He was Burke. He didn't apologize for what he was saying. He never really did. Malice knew this. Hopefully, she wouldn't take too much offense.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Her ears perked up when he spoke again, noting her absent mindedness. Usually the bright woman was all for anything they planned to do together. She didn't know what had gotten into her fully yet - she wasn't that good at reading herself. She sighed when he spoke of Charon - apparently the whole deal that had gone on between her and Moonspear had not meant much to him. Why would it? He wouldn't be here anymore if the deal was to become a reality.

No - not completely... She shook her head slowly, wanting to clear her head. I just... I feel like I'm going nowhere. Towards no purpose, you know? She tried to explain. At first my purpose was to be a good mother - a good leader for Arthendal... But now? Now I'm just the grandma tagging along with the journey.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke thought that it was an easy fix but as he listened to his mate he realized there was a bigger picture. Malice needed a purpose. He could understand that. He had this exact feeling when he was at RHC. He inhaled softly and nodded. "I can't find a purpose for you," he admitted honestly. "But I do know what you feel. I felt that way at the Caldera."

He cleared his throat and looked at her. He gave a lick over her cheek. "I found my purpose now I can help Mato. Maybe you can help Nova and Mato with their star thing? Or maybe go and travel. I promise I won't die on you or anything. You can maybe get some new point of views by traveling?," he suggested to the female.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
They both didn't have a purpose at the Caldera, that was for certain. No one there seemed interested in her stories, her skills as a mother nor in her knowledge about navigating by looking up above instead of straight ahead. But, no matter how long she thought, all she could come up with to find a new purpose was to find a... suitor. As far as she knew, she was the only capable bearer of their pack and her desire for more offspring had been growing at a steady pace. She sighed. How could she ever bring up such a topic casually? Maybe it really was better to just wait until nothing was tying her to the pack anymore and find a new home at Moonspear.

Star thing? I didn't know they had an interest in stargazing. She breathed. But she wasn't a great teacher - Avalon had been the true brains of their investigations, she was merely a fast learner. Let's just find our den for now... She proposed.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke slowly nodded at Malice. Most of his grandchildren seemed to have an interest in it. He didn't know where it came from as he was practical. He also wasn't certain if Sebastian had an interest in it. He believed he was a medic of some sorts. "Oh yes," he spoke with a nod. "Nova and Mato both like the stars," Burke spoke.

Malice decided that she wanted to find their den. Burke nodded in agreement. He kind of wanted a dry place to sleep as well. He sniffed around. Most of them were too small for him. Fox dens didn't work for him. He glanced at Malice. "What sort of den would you like?"
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
A single chuckle send a shiver down her spine, shoulders quivering ever so slightly. I never knew our grandchildren well. She admitted. Though she liked them, actual bonds between them did not exist. Perhaps she was afraid she was not to be accepted among them, not even when having carried a Rochester's babies. It wasn't unthinkable to think so either, for the same thing had happened at Blackfeather Woods.

Her pale eyes went up in thought, thinking of where she wanted to spend the nights. Something like we had at Arthendal. She decided with a smile. I really liked that one.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at Malice when she admitted that she didn't have a good bond with her gandchildren. Burke slowly odder but that was because he had been feeling the same as her. "Neither did I. But they are very different from Sebastian. I like them. I am sure you will like them too." It was really something coming from Burke to say that he liked someone.

Burke smiled. He did so much smiling lately. Even he was a bit surprised by it. "I liked that one too," he admitted and then pushed his nose in the air to mind something like it. However, he would be lying if he would say he could smell well enough to mind such location. But he didn't want malice to know his sense of smell and hearing were slowly decreasing.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She smiled, however slightly. She didn't know Sebastian well enough for her liking either, but she supposed she could trust Burke's word for it. How strange that she had ended up losing so many family members except him, her own mate. Had they ever even though of giving her a husband back at Lucifer Peak she would have refused for sure. I'll make an effort to get to know them better. She promised, not knowing when or how it would happen.

She smiled, sticking her own muzzle in the cool air. Lead the way. She cooed, walking up next to him, ready to search.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke nodded shortly. Though, if Malice didn't want to get to know them better then he wouldn't force her too. Then again, perhaps the woman wouldn't even be able to be forced. She seemed clear in what she did want and not want to do. "If you want to," he returned. Burke lifted his muzzle when she said he could lead the way. A bit of the old Burke resurfaced. His docked tail up and a more persistent trot as he went to find a good new home for the two of them. He still liked to be a bit in charge. Some things would never change.

End?