Wild Berry Meadow think you're gonna be my biggest fan
❤ how to be a heartbreaker ❤
132 Posts
Ooc — e
Away
brother! @Weetzie ❤ lmk if you need a different location? i'm goin loosey goosey with witchbabys timeline rn

everything is dazzling-splendid again now that she's reunited with her beloved baby-face angel queen and so what if she hasn't worked up the courage to say those sweet little words. maybe that's okay, maybe that's better because it'll hurt kinkajuú less when witchbaby invariable fucks it all up again with her doomed-wandering paws. ha, no: no reason for gloom and doom in this beautiful meadow. her wanderings are actually slightly purposeful today in that she meant it when she told that ashy-furred boy she'd swing by his odd gruesome home, but she wants to bring her juú with her -- though will juú go for it she doesn't know, so she's scoping just a little.

this is definitely not a potentially deadly forest filled with skulls and entrails, she notes as she flops into the flowers, fully distracted from her journey. now this kinkajuú will like and she imagines the pair of them cuddled amongst the sweetly-scented wildflowers with a dreamy happy sigh, a bright spot of red in the multicolored patches.
49 Posts
Ooc — Nuru
Weetzie felt like he had been traveling alone for an eternity, not that he minded being alone. He craved contact with other canines as much as any other wolf, but he would never admit it, and he certainly liked having time to himself. What he did not like was not being able to find his sister and not knowing if she was even alive. He had promised Mother he would find her, but he was beginning to wonder if he would be able to keep that promise, and there were few things he hated more than a broken promise.

Traversing the flatlands was much easier than the wetlands or the mountains, though he suspected that if she were still alive, she would probably be in one of the more dangerous places.

His stomach rumbled when he smelled various wild berries in the meadow, and he stopped to sniff some out. He walked along briskly when he suddenly caught the familiar scent of a coywolf, and not just any coywolf, but his sister. His ears perked up, and he sniffed the ground again. It was definitely his sister. Forgetting everything else, he followed the scent trail until he saw the red shape rolling in a patch of flowers.

He blinked his eyes a few times and sniffed the coywolf scent on the ground again. The scent was still there, and the red form rolling in the flowers was still there, so he concluded that she was not illusion, that he had finally found his sister. He barked to let her know he was there. He was not aware that he was grinning from ear to ear as he lightly panted, nor was he aware that his tail was wagging furiously as if he were still a pup.
132 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

daydreamy as her head is she nearly misses the scent until he's almost upon her, and then she's up like a ruby red rocket, eyes wider than they've ever been. lately witchbaby has felt, for once in her life, a lingering sort of sadness: first at her percieved betrayal of her love, at her inability to perform stable relationships, and then at having abandoned weetzie without a goodbye (again) after he'd tracked her down in the first place.

but she'd found kinkajuú again and her clever clever brother's found her, and she matches his bark with one of her own, throwing herself into his side bodily. "weetz!" the girl crows, licking him all over, "y'really tracked me all the way here!" her grin matches his - and any anxiety she'd had about him being mad at her melts away with his expression - and how rare for him to even have an expression!
49 Posts
Ooc — Nuru
Weetzie’s face went blank and expressionless and his tail went stiff as he braced himself against his sister’s impact. He planted his feet firmly to the ground, but to no avail. He rolled over onto his side when she struck him, and he rolled his eyes when she proceeded to lick him.

When the assault was finished, he got back on his feet and answered his sister’s question. “That is not entirely accurate,” he said, having returned to his normal monotone voice. “I lost your trail after a storm. It took quite awhile to find you after that.” It was actually by luck that he finally found her, but he wasn’t going to admit to that.

“I am pleased that you are well, though you had Mother worried.” Weetzie had also worried for her, but that was another thing he wouldn’t admit. He hesitantly added, “Father requested that I convey... his blessings... to his favorite daughter, though to my knowledge, you are his only daughter.”
132 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

a long series of cackles escape her wriggling form as the grin drops off his face - now theres the monotone boy she knows and loves. she doesn't stand when he does, opting instead to roll around the grass at his feet and grin up at him over raised paws, only to roll her eyes when he speaks of their parents. "aw, jeez, they've gotta get over it." she loves her parents - she does! - but they are not the end-all-be-all of parental figures and they are certainly not worth leaving behind the big wide world and her angel-faced baby for, sorry-not-sorry. 

the starlet springs to her feet, still grinning widely. "sorry y'got caught up in that hellstorm too," she says with a twinge of guilt, "it was pretty bad, yeah? i lost juú for a while too." the worst month of her life, in fact, but that's neither here nor there: we're presently focused on the present occupied by her monochromed-monotone bore of a brother. "so, y'found me - what's next for weetz-weetz?" she asks playfully, her tail wagging - excited to have the folks most important to her back in her life.
49 Posts
Ooc — Nuru
Sorry for the delay. I’ve had a lot going on irl this week.

Weetzie could not disagree with his sister about their parents, and he believed that even if he did, she wouldn’t listen. He simply said, “I believe they will have no choice but to... ‘get over it’. I doubt that either of us will be returning to them any time soon.”

He couldn’t help reacting to Witch’s use of the word ‘hellstorm’. “I highly doubt that the storm came from hell,” he said with a hint of annoyance in his voice, “if such a place even exists. It was indeed a strong storm, but I saw no evidence that it had any supernatural qualities.”

He raised his eyebrows when she asked what’s next for him. He had only promised their mother that he would find Witch and hadn’t thought about anything after that. “I believe next is a futile endeavor to keep my wayward sister out of trouble,” he finally said, slightly wagging the tip of his tail.
132 Posts
Ooc — e
Away
no worries at all <3 we can wrap this one up soon i think!

so tenderly she feels at his phrasing though she wants to protest his intentions. she wants to - witchbaby doesn't need a babysitter! - but there is the twin set of scars tucked newly against her skin, the gash under her eye mostly-hidden by ruddy fur, the line near her throat where the vampiric man drew blood, and while she herself does not count these as failures of self preservation, it would be nice to keep her brother around.

"aw, weetz," she says to him, her nose crinkling at his fuss, "it's a figure a speech, not literal." but - but! she laughs like tinkling glass and tucks herself into his side, grooming his shoulder affectionately. "c'mon, i gotta tell juú you went an' showed up!"
49 Posts
Ooc — Nuru
“Oh,” Weetzie said, sheepishly averting his eyes. “You and your figurative speech can be trying at times.” He wouldn’t admit it, but as much as her behavior confused and annoyed him, he had missed it when she wasn’t around.

He stood still and silently allowed his sister to nuzzle him. His ears perked up slightly at the mention of Kinkajuu. He couldn’t really say so, but he had grown rather fond of Kinkajuu. He still didn’t fully trust her, or any other full-blooded wolf for that matter, but he knew that Kinkajuu at least cared for Witchbaby. If nothing else, the wolf would help protect his sister. “That would be acceptable,” he said, “I would be pleased to see her again.” He remained on his feet and was ready to follow his sister whenever she was ready to go.
132 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

she just laughs and laughs, pleased as punch by their reunion, by the stars aligning overhead, by the bonds of love and family she's conjured. oh, but if only they weren't so fickle as she, that this moment could be framed and kept for-ever; that she could bring weetzie to kinkajuú and not, instead, find her gone once more.

but we're getting ahead of ourselves.

for now the witch moves with great cheer, leading her brother with her. the dream!