Stone Circle Treasure
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
Some sibling time? @Burr

Rowana's paws shuffled loudly through the leaves as she pranced through the forest alight with fall colors. Her pelage was stark in constrast to the vibrant crimson and orange colors surounding her. The young fae's face lit up with joy as she spotted the end of a stick spearing up from a bed of leaves. Her teeth quickly sunk around her new treasure as she started to tug it out backwards. Her small hindlegs trembled with the effort to pull it out, but with a snap it came loose. Suddenly she found herself on her rump - a stick three times longer than her body hanging from her maw.

With what resembled a grin, as hard as that may be with a stick in her mouth, she pulled herself up to her paws and started to tug the branch homewards. Birds fluttered into the air when she passed - scared off by the amount of noise created by the young female. Drool started to escape where her mouth could not close, but she focused on the task at hand. The stick would be the perfect thing to boast to her remaining brother about.

The stick lolled from her muzzle - a third of it dragging along the ground behind her. Every root and rut jostled her prize as she painstakingly brought it towards the den. Concentration furrowed her brow, her bright eyes focused on the location of their den. She felt herself begin to tire, but she resolved that she would nap right after she made sure her new toy got back to the den safely.
"And some days I think I'd feel better if I tried harder
Most days I know it's not true"
?
101 Posts
Ooc —
Hope ya don't mind if I write this as though it's present day! I'm making some assumptions based on this thread. :D

Right around the time Burr had mustered up the courage to tell his parents how he felt about Easthollow, Cyron went missing. Both Mawk and Illecebra had left to search for him, leaving their two half-grown children to more or less tend to themselves. The pack was looking out for them, and Burr felt confident enough that he could trust Nikai, Keoni, and Sunny, but there was a weight that seemed to settle right between his shoulders when he considered anyone else. He was still mildly unsure of Valette, and Murdock had proven to be nothing short of a poor pack mate. Burr didn't know any of the other adults but assumed they were just as callous as the man had been, so his willingness to track them down was meagre.

Without Illecebra and Mawk around to ensure his safety, Burr became cautious and reclusive, spending time mostly in his own company. He put more effort into learning to hunt and had even secured a catch (a malnourished, half dead mouse) the other day, but most of the time, his attempts ended in failure. He and Rowana were welcome to the caches and someone stopped by several times a day to check on them, so they didn't want for anything, but he still felt uneasy and kept to himself as a result.

He returned to the den site after failing to track down a hare that had passed by sometime that morning to see Rowana dragging a truly enormous branch back from the other direction. The boy arched a brow and reclined on his haunches to watch her for a moment, then called out with the usual snark he reserved just for her, "is that really necessary?"
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
Thats alright! Made a few small changes to the first just to make sure it fit c:

Burr had been hovering around their stomping grounds ever since Cyron had gone missing, but Rowana decided to stay away from the den as much as she could. Sure, she pushed her brothers around, but that did not mean she had not cared for them. Unlike her brother, Rowana prefered to skirt around the place that gave her so many fond memories. 

The day after Cyron went missing, Rowana became so overcome with guilt that she even dragged out her collection of things she had aquired - including a beautiful feather from about a month before - and threw them all into the stream. That night, shrouded in the darkness, she went back to that spot and searched for the feather until the rays of sunlight kissed the canopy of trees overhead. Just in case he came back, then she would have it to give back to him.

Burr was due for a bit of normality, whether or not he liked it. His choleric words struck a smile across her face. There's his usual snarkiness. The juvenile tilted her snout up - fanning out her tail in confidence- and cavorted through the leaves. She ignored him until she had the branch positioned just to the left of the den entrance. Satisfied with her art work, she admired her prize before turning to her brother, "So what if it isn't?" Her voice laced with sarcasm.
?
101 Posts
Ooc —
So what if it isn't? was probably exactly the same thing Burr would have said if their roles were reversed, betraying just how alike the two siblings were at their core. But where Rowana was all about actions, Burr was all about thoughts. He scrunched his nose at her rebuttal, whereas she might have chosen to show him a lesson physically if she was in his shoes. But that was where they fundamentally differed.

"S'just dumb, that's all," he retorted, pressing back his ears haughtily. Admittedly, her stick was pretty cool. How she managed to find one so big and drag it back to the densite was completely beyond Burr, but there wasn't a chance he was admitting that to her. The boy flicked his plumed tail, fixed his sister with a wide shit-eating grin, and added, "bet I could find a better one anyway." Your effort is wasted, he meant to cheekily imply.
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
Burr appeared nearly snobby when he spoke, turning his nose up to her. He knew she always bested him, so the fact that he still claimed to be able to find something better had Ro peeved. The young fae refused to rely simply on her wit, as Burr seemed to be content with doing, and instead decided that she would have to prove she was better physically if push came to shove.

Rowana knew he was just provoking her, but she could not help the seething anger that swept into her lanky form - still lithe from her fast growth. "You're wrong." Her bright eyes flashed angrily. Inconceivable. He always had to challenge her, although in retrospect she did the same to him. "My branch is better than any branch you could ever find." She enunciated her words clearly, pompus certainty lacing her tone. A smug smile raced across her features.
?
101 Posts
Ooc —
"Nuh-uh," taunted Burr with a thin grin. His sister was so easy to rile up. Until recently, Burr was just like that too, but nowadays he was more subdued. It had a lot to do with the disappearance of Cyron and the subsequent departure of his parents that same day, but he was also growing up, and with that came the development of a personality all his own. Mawk's patience was beginning to shine through, overcoming Illecebra's fiery passion in at least one of his sons.

"There's tons of branches better than that one," Burr went on, wagging his tail teasingly across the ground. "Just th'other day I saw one twice as big as that. It was outside the borders." Burr had not been the first of his siblings to venture beyond Easthollow's edge—Cyron held that honour—but he was positive Rowana hadn't been out yet, and he was keen to one-up her in that regard. The tale about the stick was entirely false, of course, but she didn't need to know that. She couldn't refute him anyway.

She certainly tried, but in the end, Burr left with a smug smile on his face because for once, he had won the argument with logic.