Totoka River Freedom
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
[align=jusitfy]
She wasn't sure if she had been successful inconvincing @Ceallach and @Tapat in joining her on a trip out of Undersea. The sea round them was foreign and tasted terrible she wanted nothing more then to return to the mainland and explore for herself for the first time in her life. Everything seemed to new and beautiful in the young wolfs eyes. Now that they had moved it was clear that they wouldn't be moving anytime soon with Hemlock still in her den with the new pups. She was greatful for the invitation and consideration, but still felt amiss when it came to where she would be. To be honest she didn't think Undersea would be that place. But as they say the grass always looks greener on the other side and Seri had never see the anything of the other side untill today.

She followed the water inland to Totoka River. Near the sea where she entered there were puddles of water on top of the sand, reflecting the blue sky and white clouds within them. She took many glances to the water and then to the sky, amazed at the effect it had. Her tail was wagging the whole time and ever the air seemed cleaner, less filled with the think scent and subsequent taste of salt. 
[/align]
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
okay if we set this to the morning before this thread?

From the ridge she wandered along a river, which presumably led toward the sea. The ocean was in sight, after all, but it felt good to have sort of a guide, something to follow. Her belly was content for now, having been filled with rabbit earlier, and she felt a little better about life going forward.

She was nearly to the ocean when Snowe saw a silvery-white figure, traveling the opposite direction by the bank of the river. As she approached further, she began to piece the wolf together bit by bit. She was young, not yet a yearling, and had very light eyes. And she was alone. Where were her family?

With a soft bark, Snowe came toward her, attempting to break into a trot but failing with a wince: her body was not yet recovered enough for anything faster than the ambling gait that had brought her down from the mountains. Hobbling toward the youngster, she cocked her head in curiosity.

"Hello," Snowe slurred, giving her a crooked smile. "What brings you out here all by yourself?"
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
When she heard the sound of another wolf approaching she was at first startled and jumped a bit before landing one of her pack paws into one of the puddles that splashed her underbelly slightly. She hadn't been out of a territory before and the last time she came across someone she didn't know was an intruder that had entered silver creek. That wolf didn't have the greated intentions, Natashe had told Seri, and she also told her how to possibly read if a person had good or bad intentsion. But that was many months ago and so Seri over all wanted to be cautious, but her curiosity kept her from scampering away. 

The stranger said hello and began to walk towards Seri, but with a limp, which Seri stared at for a little bit. As the stranger began to speak more, Seri noticed that her voice sounded funny and it was almost hard for her to understand what she was being asked. "I wanted to take a break from the sea." she said taking a small step back. She looked down to the dark females leg again and asked "Are you hurt? You're limping alittle."
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
She shook her head, keeping her expression gentle as she gazed at the youth. "Not in the way you think," Snowe responded, seeing the girl glance down at her leg. "I was hurt, but getting better." One ear flicked nonchalantly as she drew to a halt in front of the stranger.

"Funny, I came because I wanted to go to the sea," she continued, casting her gaze upon the horizon before returning her amber orbs to the girl's face. "I'm Snowe. I came from there." She gestured toward the mountains behind them with a swivel of her neck and head.

She was not only young, but had pack-smell clinging to her, the scent fairly recent. "Is your family nearby?"
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
When her dark and older companion spoke of wanting to go to the sea Seri was somewhat confused. She could understand that some might like the sea, but she couldn't really tell why. "Why would you want to go to the sea? It's sandy and it gets between your toes and in your pelt for days. And the water tastes terrible, and salt sticks to your coat too. I don't get why others like it so much." she stated rather bluntly. 

Seri registed that strangers name as Snowe but didn't think to give her name to this stranger yet. "My pack is nearby." she said, not mentioning that all of her family was lost or gone from her. 
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
She let out a small chuckle at the young, still as-yet unnamed wolf's description of the seashore. Well, she supposed she was right, when you got down to the basics. And yet, there was something about the ocean, a magnetic pull larger than herself. . . She would endure all the sticky salt and sand in the world to hold on to that feeling.

"I like the sea," she said simply, not expanding on the thoughts that had just rushed through her mind. "Are you just exploring, or on a mission?"

Something seemed amiss with the girl, as if she were running from someone or something. Thoughts on the sea aside, her aura was all wrong. Snowe wasn't incredibly sensitive to such auras, but she knew now that this girl clearly had something on her mind. Instead of pressing her, though, she would wait for the other to respond.
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
When she was asked if she was exploring or on a mission Seri thought of a bit, not knowing the answer off hand. She was simply wondering around with no destination in mind, but was there a mission somewhere in there. She felt as though she were searching for something, but she woundn't know what it was until she found it. All she knew was that it wasn't in Undersea. 

"I'm exploring with a purpose." she claimed. Falling between the two options. "I'm looking for something." she said simply, not going into further detail. 

Not knowing what else to add, unable to even if she were asked, she asked her companion a similar question. "What do you intend to do once you reach the sea? It's not too far off."
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
omg i'm so sorry, this got buried in my threadlog and I totally spaced on it :(

The girl answered simply, not elaborating. She had something to hide. Empathizing with that, Snowe did not prod further, instead nodding and opening her mouth to answer when the white-furred female had a question of her own.

"That's a great question," Snowe said with a smile. "One I can't really answer. Not sure. Just need to get there."

She had no idea what was behind this blind need to reach the ocean. All she knew was that she must reach it, and soon.
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
that's alright. we are all pretty busy this time of year
Both of them were heading in their own directions without a clear reasoning it seemed. The two unknowingly were quite similar in that instance. Maybe it was something everyone had to go through at some point. Searching for something, but not knowing what is was they were hoping to find. 

But this was the first wolf Seri had meet outside of the pack, or rather outside of those she had meet through Hemlock and Arturo. The others of the pack she didn't know to well and she wasn't sure if she ever would. She might have stayed to get to know this female, but she was still somewhat warry of strangers at this point of her adventure and so she thought it would be better to end the conversation rather then extend it. 

"Well I hope we find what we are looking for." she said hinting at an end to the conversation.