Bramblepoint Welcome to the future
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 
@Sebastian

Aviana had spent a couple days in Broken Antler Fen, waiting to see if her brother might just suddenly appear. When he didn't, she supposed it would be better to look elsewhere. She hadn't been sure in which direction to go, so she just sort of picked a direction and started walking.

She ended up by Lake Rodney, stopped for a bit to rest, then followed the banks north. When she reached the river that fed into the lake, she crossed it and shook her fur free of the water before continuing on.

It was early morning when she ended up in Bramblepoint woods, and she figured this would be a good time to rest. She found a fallen log and curled up next to it, her eyes eventually closing.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian had been on border patrol when he saw something suspicious. He moved down quietly as he noticed a coyote trying to cross into their territory. Sebastian bared his teeth and instantly started a chase. He chased the possible thief away from the borders.

He couldn't really stop his chase. He loved it. It reminded him of his run with Andalusia and he could stretch his legs. Sebastian wasn't really quick but he did manage to chase the coyote away with loud yowls and growls while chasing the creature. The male made sure to scare the creature to death so he wouldn't come close ever again.

Once Sebastian was tired and he deemed the coyote far enough from the border he stopped. Sebastian was quite pleased with himself and turned around to walk back to the Caldera. He was panting lightly but satisfied. However, he stopped dead in his tracks when he sniffed a familiar scent. Was it? He tipped his head back and howled.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She hadn't been sleeping deeply, feeling it pertinent to be aware of her surroundings. Her eyes opened as a creature scrambling through the forest alerted her to others nearby. She didn't move, didn't even lift her head, as she didn't want to draw attention to herself. It sounded like they were moving fast, so Aviana hoped they would be in and out of the area without having ever known she was here.

The sound diminished and Aviana assumed she was alone again. That was, until a howl rang, calling for her. Her head jerked up, quickly followed by her body. She broke into a run, a smile appearing on her maw as her brother came into view. "Seb!" she called out. She whined in happiness, her maw bring itself in the ruff of his neck. Her tail wagged back and forth. "How are you? Why aren't you at the old territory? What happened to the pack?" she asked in a slew of questions.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was so surprised to see his sister. Soon it caught on to him that it was really her. He whined back and showered her with licks wherever he could. He was so excited to see her. His tail was wagging. "Avi!!," he let out in surprise. She was back. She looked good. She didn't look scared.

"Well, we had to move because something was poisoning us. We think it was the water. But yeah. We moved to the Caldera instead. Mato left to found his own pack. Nova and Burke are in that pack as well," he informed. Sebastian's enthusiasm bubbled down. "Pearl left me. I don't know why, one day she was gone. Same for Ivy. I looked everywhere," he sighed and showed her a bit more of a broken look. One could tell the family man missed the wolves that he considered family.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her excited greeting was returned, though Seb looked a little shocked that she was here. Avi understood, as she had been looking for Seb, and he probably wasn't looking for her. She listened as he told her of all the changes that had gone on in the past eleven months. She frowned when he said that the wolves were being poisoned, possibly by the water. Aviana had spent most of her time there, finding the little islands of dry spots a perfect way to keep others at bay. But, it was possibly whatever got into the water could have happened after she left. She was unphased by the mention of their father, but understood is was a sore spot with Seb. He was much more interested in a relationship with Burke growing up than Aviana was. 

Her face saddened further when he admitted that Pearl had left, unannounced. Seb, she said softly, nosing him for comfort. I'm so sorry. She wasn't sure what to say beyond that. Pearl had seemed very nice, but Aviana hadn't had enough time to get to know her, or anyone else, that well. Certainly not well enough to guess as to why she would up and leave without saying anything. She did remember one young wolf, however. What about Odette? Avi had spent a little one-on-one time with the girl, and though it was short lived, she knew she liked her. 

Assuming Seb was the still the Alpha, she asked, So, who is leading with you? She really wondered if he had found someone else to capture his heart, but by the way it seemed he was still sad over Pearl, it was probably too early for him to think of finding someone else.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian's face grew sad and he nodded softly when she spoke her sorry out of it all. Sebastian slowly shook his head when Aviana asked about Odette. He hadn't even seen her around at Redhawk. "She felt as well. I don't know where she went," he spoke sadly. He had been left all alone. It was tough on the family man.

Sebastian sightly frowned when she asked who was leading with him. Sebastian then connected the dots, as he had been alpha before she assumed he was alpha now again. "No, I'm not leading. Just part of the pack with Benjamin," he spoke to her. He then shrugged and looked at her. He lost most of his bright spark. Sebastian really looked down even though he was happy to see her.

Life hadn't been great on him. He was grateful for being at the Caldera but he felt that the decision to go there made his family break apart. "Andalusia is there too. She is a good friend but yeah. I am glad you are here," he offered with a soft and sad smile.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana frowned. How could everyone just leave her brother like that? He was a good and faithful leader; did he not deserve the same in his followers? Maybe something had happened that Aviana wasn't aware of, but she couldn't fathom something causing the pack to disperse the way it did? Why did they just not relocate together? Aviana wanted to ask, but she didn't. She could tell this was hard on her brother and she didn't want to make him relive it all.

Surprise lit up her face when he admitted he was no longer leading. She had visions of returning to Sebastian's pack, and not worrying about being turned away. However, with any other leader, there was every chance she could be turned away. Do you think they'd let me in? she asked.

She smiled when he mentioned Benjamin. How is he doing? She was glad that at least he had stayed with his father.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian's eyes widened. She wanted to join Redhawk?! He would like that! "I think so! The alpha is my best friend. I was in this pack before I founded my own. When I came to these lands I joined the Redhawks. They are good wolves," he spoke and nodded firmly. Like he was right in this all.

"I think they would welcome you as you are my sister," he spoke. Though he would never know and he didn't know how full the pack was. Sebastian then thought about Benjamin and wondered. He wasn't entirely sure. "Benjamin... He is searching for himself, i think. But still the sweet innocent boy as he was before"

Sebastian glanced over Aviana. "How have you been? You look good! Less... scared?," he spoke with a kind tone. He would be so happy for her if she was better, that she faced her demons.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana was happy to hear that Seb had high hopes she would be able to join the pack. She hadn't realized his history with the Redhawk Caldera, but she hoped it meant that their decision would be in her favor. She knew nothing could be guaranteed, however. I'm glad to hear that, she replied. I don't know where I'd go if they rejected me, she thought aloud. She supposed she could go back to their family pack, but Aviana felt she had done all she could there.

She smiled when he confirmed Benjamin was as sweet as ever. I hope I'll get to spend some time with him, she replied. Her face fell a little when he mentioned her demeanor, but it was not in sadness, simply reflection. After a few silent moments, she nodded. I am less afraid, she confirmed. I've faced my demons, Seb. They do not haunt me anymore. As Seb knew her past, she knew he would understand. I'm still great at socializing, and I am still awkward, but I'm working on it, she admitted. She was nowhere near the wolf she wanted to be, but she saw the path she needed to take, and going back was not an option. Should the Alpha of Seb's pack refuse her, she would simply find another to call home. But, it would be here, in the Teekon Wilds. At least then she could visit Seb and his son. Should we go now? she asked, wondering if now would be okay to ask his Alpha's for her to join.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked at Aviana for a moment. "I am pretty sure they will," he spoke to her with some confidence. He didn't think Elwood would be difficult about it. Perhaps Fox and Peregrine more than the current alphas. "He will like seeing you. I am certain of this as well," he grinned.

Sebastian started walking back to Redhawk letting Aviana know she should follow him. "I'm so glad that you faced your fears. I mean, no one is perfect but if this helps you..." He smiled at her. He was so glad to see her again.

Wrap it up here? I will message you on Slack about Seb's future plans!
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana smiled, excited that she would be in the same pack again as her brother. It might feel a bit weird with him not leading, but she was sure she'd adjust. She hoped the Alpha male wasn't too stern, but it wasn't like she was going to be able to change him if she was. She was still learning not to worry over things she couldn't control, and to focus more on things she could control, like her reactions. I'm a work in progress, she said lightly, smiling. She didn't want to ignore the fact that she still had a ways to go, but she also didn't want Seb to worry too much about her. 

They headed off towards his pack's territory, and on the way they would discuss their near futures. Aviana would decide not to join the Caldera after all, and wait nearby for Seb and his friend to join her later. Aviana wasn't fearful anymore of being by herself. She just kept reminding herself that not every wolf was like her uncle.