Horizon Ridge I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
[size=medium]

It was late morning, just before the sun reached its peak in the sky. Julooke was meandering around after a morning of hunting, exploring the pack's territory. She was familiarizing herself with the scents and the layout of the land. She was particularly interested in meeting her pack mates, especially Thistle Cloud, but the she-wolf had thus far evaded her. She knew asking to begin training before the pups was born was out of the question, but introducing herself and her intentions wasn't. Julooke wanted to be healer, and Thistle Cloud was the only one here who could help her.

Julooke roamed around the base of rocks that bordered the forest. She had learned creatures liked to find little crevices to hide in, and if they were big enough, Julooke could get to them easily. While she had already caught fresh meat for the pack, it was still good to know where to find future meals. In addition, it was also a good location for a den. Julooke and Verrine hadn't spoke yet about their sleeping arrangements, but Julooke hoped he would want to shack up find a den with her.

With her mind on Verrine and her nose to the ground, Julooke was unaware of other wolves that might have been in the vicinity. She felt safe here, and therefore let her guard down just a little.

[/size]
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
though i'd pop in for a quick break from class.

As par usual for the golden brown wolf, she stumbled out of the birthing den mid morning. However, cramps soon brought her back to the ground in a sitting position and with a slight pant. The pups were coming in mere days if not hours she could tell. She was willing to bet it was in the next few days, if not that day that their sons and perhaps daughters would make their entrance into the world .

On this day after sitting for a few minutes, and then sitting ever so often after that as she made her way towards the inlet besides the forest. She finally made it and all but collapsing near it with sheer tiredness she sat down lapping at the water gently her eyes on the surrounding area. It was nice and cool and she enjoyed it greatly.

She thought she was alone on this mid morning, but she soon saw a new wolf coming her way. Another female at that, they had a large influx of males lately and now some females. It was a diversified pack. She chuffed gently at teh she wolf and called out a small HEllo. her large sides all but taking up most of the room. Though now the pups were quite a lot lower than at her sides.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Awesome! :-)
[size=medium]

When the chuff and the greeting reached her ears, Julooke's head shot up, immediately looking for the source. Her eyes settled on a female wolf, and when Julooke seen her over-sized belly, she knew it was the she-wolf she had been looking for. Her tail began to wag as she softly flattened her ears on her lowering head in respect to her higher-ranking pack mate.

She made her way over, her tail not ceasing its wag as it hung low in respect. Hey, I'm Julooke. I've recently joined the pack with my friend, Verrine. She wanted so badly to jump right in to asking her about teaching Julooke how to be a healer, but Julooke knew she needed to be respectful and not let her excitement get the better of her. Plus, she was only ninety-nine point nine percent sure this was Thistle Cloud. There could have been another pregnant female in the pack.

[/size]
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud studied the white female in front of her. She smiled at kindly. Pleasure to meet you Julooke. I am Thistle Cloud, but you can call me Thistle it's easier at least that is what my husbands says. She smiled in amusement, being a naturally upbeat optimistic wolf.

Thistle shifted and lay down spinx-like. i'm sorry you'll have to forgive me. I can't sit too long or stand. These babes are going to be coming very soon and they find it increasingly hilarious I believe to give me a hard time. A touch of humor laced her words as she shifted again into a more comfortable position and the smiled again.

So tell me Julooke do you like it here so far? And your friend Verrine does he like it too? Thistle wasn't sure exactly if the other was a male, but she assumed so. She also assume they were mates or almost mates, because most females and males did not travel together unless they were family, or mates granted it was most so they could just be friends.

Ok this is driving me nuts did you play Einarr? or was there another one you played that I know on WWS:)
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Rambling Julooke! XD
Edit: I forgot to answer your question! I played Elsa, not Einarr. I also played Desdemona for a short time :-)
[size=medium]

When the other wolf introduced herself, Julooke smiled and her tail wagged. It was her! Unfortunately, her contained excitement would be contained no more. Oh, the pleasure is all mine! Your mate, Ragnar, is the one who let us into the pack. I told him that I was a puppysitter, and he said that you were due to give birth any day now, and asked if I might be able to help you out, but I only know about puppies, not giving birth. But, then I said I dabbled in healing and he said you were the only medic here and that you might teach me what you know. After the pups are born, of course, and you have the time. She finally took a good breath, the smile still on her face. I'm sorry, I can be talkative when I'm excited. I just wanted to meet you so much because I really want to learn to be a healer, she admitted.

She nodded, I like it here a lot, and I think Verrine does, too. We've been traveling the past few months and it's nice to be able to settle down a little. The landscape here is amazing! You have a lake, a rock ridge, woods, the beach! Everything! The hunting possibilities are just endless! She chuckled, realizing she was going off at the mouth again, and gave an apologetic smile.

[/size]
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alright I remember them. I believe Wildheart was sort of friends with Desdemona or maybe it was Areth I can't remember lol. Good to see you back though.

Thistle's eyes went wide at the other girls excitement and she herself chuckled with good nature. It was nice to meet another so eager to learn her trade. Though she herself hadn't officially gained the title of healer she was trying to, but she had been practicing since she could and her knowledge of plants was as extensive as she could make it. yes any day now they will be coming. As for teaching you I would love too. I love being a healer but sometimes it takes a lot of you and you can be exhausted so I am happy to share the duties. I can certainly try to teach you what I know. I do not know how good of a teacher I will be. And no need to apologize I love that you are excited and enthusiastic about healing as am I. She smiled again

Thistle was in awe of her home as she had been since she had settled here. It was a beautiful piece of land and they had their home right in the center of such beauty. She liked that someone else was as appreciative as she was. Yes it is beautiful here. Well I hope you guys got the rest you needed and deserved after traveling so much. I for one am glad to have you and welcome to the Ridge.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Thanks! ^_^ Desde was particularly close to Wildheart (whether he liked it or not lol) after a bad run-in with another male wolf. He was the only male she trusted.
[size=medium]

Thistle didn't seem put off by Julooke's rambling, for which she was glad. She knew some wolves could get irritated with her. Julooke smiled when Thistle agreed to teach her, explaining she wasn't sure how well of a teacher she would be. Oh, don't worry! I'm an excellent learned, no matter what! She said, grinning. It was true, she had never had a problem learning from anyone who was willing to teach her. I was thinking, or wondering really, that since you'll be mostly taking care of your pups, if I could be sort of a helper for you. Ragnar said that no one is supposed to see the pups for the first month, but I could do other things, like go and get things for you, be it for healing or food, or anything really. Julooke was willing to do anything, not just because she really wanted to learn, but because Thistle was a pack mate, and due to give birth.

Julooke smiled, Thanks, we did. I'm not much for resting, though. I'm pretty high energy and am on the go much of the time, she admitted. Adults were used to it when she was a pup, though many thought she might grow out of it. Nope. She just learned to harness it and use it for hunting and other skills.

Julooke had been settling in well, though she'd only met a few of her pack mates. Wondering if Thistle could tell her more, she asked, What are the other wolves here like? I've met you, and Ragnar, of course, and Pump and Nerian. Ragnar said it was getting to be a fairly large pack.

[/size]
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Oh i remember now and he didn't mind he would have gladly ripped up a male that looked sideways at her. I have his son on here now. Jace

Thistle chuckled in delight That's wonderful I am also a pretty quick learner myself. So tell me Julooke do you have some idea of what can heal you and what can hurt you or do we need to start from scratch? I am merely curious. And I would like to have someone I can yell through my den at to just talk I imagine i'll get pretty restless in there. Thistle titled her head, she was fast liking the bouncy female in front of her. She seemed nice and Thistle was very hopeful that they could be friends.

Thistle frowned in contemplation Where there is also Aine, Gavriil and Diluculo. I imagine there are more, but even I haven't met all the new ones yet. Aine is a sweet female with an interesting Accent. Gavriil is like a gentle giant .He is an arctic wolf you'll see him often on the beach, he is very kind. And Diluculo I find her interesting to say the least, she can be rather crass and a bit snarky, but that is only my experience and that is simply because she does not like RAgnar. So you may very well get along with her where I could not.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Awww, that's cool! I've been thinking about bringing her back, but I dunno. I think I might just stick with Julooke for a little while and work on her skills and things.

[size=medium]Julooke thought for a moment about the things she knew before answering. Well, I know that Witch Hazel helps with swelling and aches, which is good for a strained muscle or tendon... And thyme is good for preventing infections. It's also good if your intestines need a little help moving things along... I found that out the hard way, she added, looking a little sheepish. She hadn't realized that thyme worked better for infections when applied to the wound, not eaten. Other than that though, I don't really know anything. What she did know she knew from small injuring during hunting. Both Witch Hazel and Thyme came in handy for her. I'm a great companion! I'd be more than happy to keep you company. She smiled, glad it seemed like they were going to get along great. Aside from Verrine, Julooke didn't have any friends, but it looked like that was changing.

Julooke listened intently as Thistle told her about the members she knew. Many seemed like wolves Julooke would really get along with, not that she had much problem getting along with just about anyone. Julooke cocked her head when Thistle mentioned Diluculo wasn't particularly fond of Ragnar. Why doesn't she like Ragnar? Julooke was genuinely interested, as Ragnar seemed nice enough when he accepted her and Verrine into the pack. He may have been... a little stern, but Julooke expected that from anyone accessing new pack members and telling them how things would be in the pack. She hadn't been put off by him in the least.

[/size]
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle listened and smiled softly regardless that is a good start. you can also apply thyme as a paste. Poppy seeds for pain though I stress use sparingly if at all fror it can also cause addiction and hallucination. there is a root here in this area know as Bergamot that can be used also for infection on the wound itself. Thistle was glad to have a potential new friend she had been a bit lonely for female company.

Thistle frowned as she tried to think of the best way to describe her husband. my husband is a Viking. therefore he puts a lot of stock in hierarchy and respect. a little respect shown to him will get you at least in his good graces. diluculo unfortunately has never shown it and has been rather rude to him is my understanding
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
[size=medium]

Julooke listened intently as Thistle gave her a few tips on some herbs, and a warning as well. Julooke had no idea that any plant, let alone a seed, could be addictive and cause wolves to see things that weren't there. She nodded her understanding. What do poppy seeds and Bergamot root look like? she asked. If she wanted to find them, that was the first thing she needed to know.

Julooke didn't know what a Viking was, but she made a note to ask later. It would be a good starting point to a conversation with Ragnar. She nodded her understanding about respect, My parents taught me to always show respect, so I understand that. It's hard to be in a pack if the hierarchy isn't respected. It sort of came naturally to the white female, and she didn't understand anyone who would give the leaders of a pack a hard time. Maybe Diluculo didn't grow up like that, though, she thought out loud.

After a moment, Julooke spoke again, When Ragnar met Verrine and I at the borders and accepted us, I let him know that not only was I interested in becoming a medic, but also a caretaker. He said that no one was to see the pups until they turned one month old, but I hope, with permission, to help you look after them. It was probably a bold move, and she could have worded it a little better, but it was out there and she couldn't take it back. She added quickly, Training to be a medic will help, too, because no matter how much they are watched, it never fails that pups will get into trouble. She smiled, remembering her puppy-hood days.

[/size]
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle's ears perked forward at the question of Bergamot and Poppy seeds. She could easily go get some to show the other if she wanted too. But she found she felt extremely large and lazy so she decided to describe them instead. The red flowers that you find in the meadows with the black seeds those are Poppy flowers you can get the seeds from them. As for the Bergamot it is a purple flower with many petals,you can crush it for the oil inside of it. It helps to heal wounds when applied, but you can also use it to help a sore mouth or throat.

Thistle dipped her head in agreement Yes if you are not taught how to behave you don't do so. Respect is a major thing with him. He was a king once you know. She did not say that to spike pride or awe she said that to show why respect maybe more important to him than others.

Thistle smiled and nodded her head of course I welcome the help I imagine they will be rowdy once they reach of age. However, I must stress in order to help me with them you may need to learn much about my husbands culture as he wishes them to be vikings. I myself am still learning the culture.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
[size=medium]

Julooke would have understood if Thistle had told her she didn't quite feel like going and looking for them. She was due any day, and Julooke figured it was getting a little tiring caring around all the pups in her belly. She made a mental note of what they looked like, and told herself she would go later and search them out, maybe even try making the paste out of the root. Practice did make perfect, after all.

Julooke's eyes open a little in surprise when Thistle admitted Ragnar had been a king. Wow! she exclaimed. Why isn't he anymore? The question was out before she even thought. It was probably a personal answer- something that was probably none of her business. But, she didn't retract it. Maybe Thistle would tell her. If not, though, she would understand.

Julooke nodded, a little more than needed, when Thistle stressed that Julooke would need to learn the culture because the pups would be raised as Vikings. No problem! I'll track Ragnar down and see if he will teach me, she replied with a smile, hopeful that he would. She would beg him if he said no.

[/size]
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ah I just want to hug her she's so sweet.

Thistle spoke softly You can use stinging nettle plants for internal bleeding. You just have to soak them in water and take all the prickles off. She had added that because most others thought you could not do anything for such an ailment and though it was hit or miss, it helped at least a little.

Thistle was not sure if her husband would want her to tell her that he felt his gods called him here so she skirted around the truth a little bit. He felt the need to travel a bit. He left his younger brother in charge, though now he does not plan to go back.

Thistle chuckled softly Don't worry I don't think he will have a problem teaching you. He is not shy about who he is and where he has come from. She shifted her weight and then spoke again. We've been talking about me and mine this whole time. Is there anything you wish to talk about?
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
[size=medium]

Thistle added that another plant could help with internal bleeding if soaked and the prickles taken off. So, after I soak them, the wolf would eat it? She had to make sure that she treated the wolf properly, as she herself found out what happened when you ingested something that should have been used topically. How would I know if the wolf was bleeding internally or not? Were their signs or symptoms? Did the healer just err on the side of caution? Once she got that answer, she asked another question. Are their any side effects from using it?

Thistle explained Ragnar wanted to travel, and didn't want to go back. Julooke cocked her head as her thoughts raced. Thistle said she was still learned the Viking culture, which told Julooke she didn't come from the same home Ragnar did. Which meant she could have been the reason he didn't want to go home. Julooke smiled. Is he staying for you? she asked bluntly. It would have been a very romantic move on Ragnar's part.

Thistle reassured her that Ragnar would not bother teaching her his culture. It calmed Julooke's fears, at least for the moment, that he would not allow her to become the caretaker of his pups. Thistle knew him better than anyone, so she would know how much hope, if any, to give Julooke. That she was positive made Julooke positive, as well.

Julooke had been kind of grilling her. When Thistle asked if there was anything else, anything off-topic, there was one thing, one wolf, that came to mind. Well, um... She gathered up the courage for the words to come out. You know I joined with Verrine, right? She paused for only a moment. Well, he and I have been really good friend. Like, he's my best friend. But, I feel... more for him than just friendship. She looked to Thistle to see if she understood. I just... I don't know how to tell him my feelings. Woman to woman, Julooke was asking Thistle how to tell a man she was in love with him.
[/size]
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle's ears perked forward and twitched back again as she listened to the question being asked. Internal bleeding was very hard to diagnose, but there were signs to look for of course blood mostly coming out of places it shouldn't eyes,ears and nose. "that is correct. internal bleeding is hard to tell, but usually if there's a sharp or blunt hit to sides, head, etc and blood comes out ears, eyes, nose, etc directly after or if they cough up blood. I usually will give a dose of nettle to another if they get such a blow even without blood just to be safe it can't hurt."

Thistle smiled she did not think she was all the reason mostly it was to set up vikings to convert. however she imagined she was part of his decision to stay. I believe I am part of the reason. these babies too.

Thistle thought about the question and realized she didn't know what to say. Her tough, gruff viking king husband had told her he loved her first. she just realized that and for a moment it struck her dumb. I cannot completely answer that as Ragnar told me he loved me first. However, if I were you honesty is best policy and I would imagine he feels the same if he has traveled this long with you. so I would just bite and bear it and speak up and even if he does not feel the same if he is as kind as you say he will be kind.

Ooc: I apologize for typos I'm on my phone.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
No problem :-)

[size=medium]

She explained a little more about internal bleeding, and when to use the needles for it. It seemed pretty safe to use it even if there weren't obvious signs of internal bleeding. Julooke nodded, making a mental note of all the information she had been given.

It seemed Julooke was at least partially correct in assuming Thistle was some of the reason that Ragnar no longer wanted to return to his former home. Julooke thought it was rather romantic.

It wasn't easy asking advice about love, but Julooke relaxed a little once the words were out. Thistle was right, she just needed to tell him already. But, she was worried. Will it ruin our friendship if I tell him and he doesn't feel the same? I mean, I know he likes me, I'm just not sure if it's the same way as I like him, and I don't want to lose what we do have.

[/size]
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle smiled Julooke had not exaggerated when she had said she was a quick and fastidious learner. Thistle was thrilled to have her as a pupil. Of course she still had misgivings about her own worth if she were to perhaps lose her place if too many learned, but she refused to dwell on that. She liked to share her knowledge with the pretty white she wolf in front of her.

Thistle frowned as she contemplated that one Well the way you speak of him he seems very kind Julooke. And I do not see someone as kind as him treating you any differently and I am fairly certain he has an inkling of some sort of feelings to have traveled this far with you.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Fade soon?

[size=medium]
If Julooke had known of Thistle's fears about being replaced, or not needed, she would have eased them immediately. Julooke wasn't hear to replace anyone. She was here to learn and gain her own knowledge to be helpful to the pack. Thistle would always be needed, even when Julooke's teachings were finished, which would be a long time from now.

She nodded, You're probably right. Verrine doesn't have a mean bone in his body- protective, yes, but not mean. And Thistle did have a point about them traveling together. Would he have done all that for her, been with her all this time, if he didn't have some feelings that were maybe more than just friendship. She smiled, her confidence back up. Thanks, Thistle. She had an inkling they she and Thistle could be very good friends.

[/size]

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Yes fade soon :)

Thistle had only told Ragnar of her fears and she was still keeping them close to her own breast. For the simple fact that she felt she was being a bit irrational and she needed some time to think through those conflicting feelings. She knew her worth was paramount and she had to teach the others all she knew which could take some considerable time and once she received the accolade of healer well none could take that from her and she was very close.

Thistle smiled and spoke softly if he is exceptionally protective well that right there is another inkling that he cares. She chuckled to herself, she did not fear for the girls heart she was fairly certain the male probably felt the same way or at least slightly. And besides she strongly believed that love always won out. Look at her and Ragnar two very very different personalities but very much a pair. You are very welcome Julooke, I must meet him after everything is settled.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
I'll archive here, unless you'd like to post again :-) I'd love another thread soon between these two!

[size=medium]Julooke's confidence about telling Verrine about her feelings was growing. She had felt this way for a while and it was high time he knew about it. And Thistle was right. Verrine was a very nice, loyal friend, and she trusted that, even if he didn't feel the same, he wouldn't just leave her high and dry. Yeah, you should meet him! He's always around, though usually doing some kind of duty, she said with a smile. Like her, he was very dedicated to the pack. Plus, they both realized Ragnar would be displeased if they slacked on their pack duties.

Standing, Julooke smiled and wagged her tail, I think I'm going to exploring around, clear my mind a little she said. I'll see you soon, with fresh meat, she added. She knew if Thistle was to provide milk to the pups, she needed nourishment herself. Julooke attempted to touch her nose to the underside of Thistle's maw, in a gesture of both submission and friendship, before turning to leave.

[/size]

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
thistle smiled to herself as she watched the other femme walk away. She was confident that she had made a new friend and it made her happy. She knew she would not seek friendship outside of her pack anymore and she probably wouldn't leave to often unless she needed to go heal or even help her husband in a raid. She wondered about that and though she had just woken she closed her eyes and had another nap, resting her head on her forepaws.