Sunset Valley I'm hungry like the wolf
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
All Welcome 
The sun had mostly set by now, and food was all the silvery she-wolf could think of, for the hunger pangs were driving her mad. Where to get it, when to get it, what and how. The lack of food she'd suffered was affecting her already-ill mind, and whispers tickled at her ears, though she couldn't make out what they said. Go away, I'm in no mood to talk, She grumbled to them, walking with long strides. Dark, canine-like shapes peered at her with piercing white eyes at the corners of her vision, but she ignored them. Then, prey came into view just before the horizon, and she perked up until she realized what they were — bison. Bison was perhaps the most difficult thing a wolf could take down, even with the help of a pack. It wouldn't be worth trying.

Then, a figure, one she did not recognize, appeared before her. It was tall with a strange red intricate marking on its forehead. You fool, It spat. You'll die soon. Starvation is a torturous way to go, you know.

Theia snapped back, Leave me be—

I'll put you out of your misery if you can't catch a yearling there. I'm more powerful than you know, It stated plainly now, as if merely commenting on the weather.

Is that some kind of threat? Who are you?! The figure did not respond, it only watched now. She became highly unnerved, and she stalked towards the small herd with her eyes glued to the stranger. Theia didn't want to get into a fight with them. Besides, she was absolutely starving. Gaining a hardened stare, she launched herself towards the herd, aiming for a calf. She managed to grab onto its leg, but its mother charged for her, and she had to leap out of the way. Daring in a way only a starving beast could be, she dived back in for another grab at the calf's leg, and again, and again until a crack reverberated into her skull. The calf cried out, causing more peeved bison to charge at her, and she dashed a ways off, panting heavily.

Now just watch, you, She spoke to the figure that now stood behind her. It would take a while for the calf to succumb like this, but perhaps she could do more damage later. For now, she laid down in the snow and waited.
PM me about sprees; I'm usually open!
32 Posts
Ooc —
The meadow was very open and vast and so it wass very difficult to find a place for Astor to perch. She thought for awhile that she would mearly need to pass over this area, not wanting to simply stand on the ground in the snow if she didn't have to. But luckily she found a area with sparse trees, but all she needed was one, so she flew down and rested on the perch ready to calm down for the night.

She had her eyes shut for what seemed like only five minutes when she heard a camotion in the distance. As she opened her eyes she saw a small herd of bison encircling themselves around a young calf for protect. Protection from a lean black female. 

Astor thought it strange that only a single wolf would go after such large prey, even if it was only a calf it was still rather large. Not to mention the size of the parents protecting it. She got a few lunges in but in the end ended up being chased off aways where she now lay in the snow. She was already a lean wolf, but from the looks of it she was thinner then normal. Her form was more exentuated then Astor would have expected and she thought that the only reason one would be to daring as to take on a bison herd alone was if they were very desperate. She felt bad somewhat and so with the remaining day light she flew off her perch in search of some food. 

She returned to the area with a small rabbit in her talons, no bison, but it was pretty good considering her size and the fact that she was carrying it. She sent a screech out to the female and circled back around before dropping it infront of her. There wasn't another tree neat by, but a medium sized rock that Astor decided to perch on as she looked towards the wolf a few yards away. Perched roughly eye level to the female if she were to stand up.

Thinking it may not be beneath a starving wolf she added, "Eat that... Not me." she said in a stern voice making it known that she was very serious.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Theia had finally caught her breath when a large figure in the sky caught her eye. Glancing up to it revealed that it was some sort of raptor, but she paid it little mind. That is, until a few minutes later, a screech pierced the still air near her. She started, whipping her head upwards to find the same bird now circling around her with a rabbit in its talons. The sight made her irate, thinking it was mocking her before it dropped the prey accurately in front of her and perched on a rock. Blinking, her expression softened as she looked at the goshawk who instructed her to eat before skepticism crept in.

Why are you giving this to me? Theia asked as she warily side-eyed the bird. Her voice carried her suspicion, but it had a gentle undertone. She was eternally grateful to have food in her stomach, but having lived even a moment in this cruel world told her that the raptor surely wanted something from her.
32 Posts
Ooc —
Astor wasn't normally think kind or generious. She often times looked out for herself and only herself not taking the time to communicate with the creatures she saw below. But she was fond of observing and being entertained, she wasn't in the mood to see a wolf get crushed by a small herd of bison. 

"The same reason why you're stupid enough to go into a bison herd alone. You are hungry." she said bluntly, even though her words were harsh and rude, they were coupled with a kind gesture, which would hopfully make up for it.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Theia was surprised to hear such a blunt and even rude response from the raptor's beak. It didn't really answer her question, either. She flattened her ears with an expression full of offense, jaws parting to snap out a retort when she refrained, surprising even herself. While the bird's response was distasteful, it was paired with an act of such utter generosity that Theia could not deny. No one had ever been so kind to her before, not out here. But... Why? She fancied the notion that the goshawk knew of her true identity but quickly dashed it, if only due to her demeanor.

She sat there pondering for several moments, expression softening yet again. This bird was making her feel quite conflicted, and she wasn't sure what to do about it. However, words finally came to her. ... Thank you, Was what came out, and she herself was surprised by it. It was the kindest thing Theia had said to anyone since she was a youngling, before illness encompassed her mind.

Feeling that she'd waited long enough, she began to tear into the rabbit, manners be damned.
32 Posts
Ooc —
When the wolf went to into an agressive stance, ears back and teeth snapping, Astor extended her wings, opened her beak and let out a screach. Luckily it looked like the wolf had come to her sences and ended up thanking Astor for her deed. That's more like it. Astor thought. When the wolf retired her agressive stance Astor did the same, bringing her wings back in towards her. 

She watched as the female dug into her food and tore it to peices with little mannors. Astor could understand someone being hungry, but she often times didn't understand how these wolves got to such a state. After all the Teekon Wilds was teeming with fauna to hunt. Even prey that wasn't considered hard to find, or food that didn't even defend itself like berries. "How is it you got to be this hungry." she asked.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
The sound of the bird's voice earned her attention again, and the starved beast looked up at her, licking the blood from her lips. She savored the metallic flavor and the feeling of her stomach being filled. Oh, how she had missed it so. It takes much more to feed me than you, you know. That's why wolves live in packs. Theia answered with a twinge of irritation, finding insult in her own abilities from the bird's tone. Still, her voice was relatively gentle as she explained. I don't have one anymore, so finding enough to eat is... Difficult, She begrudgingly admitted.

Plus, I can't fly... The thought caused her to trail off, finding herself suddenly jealous of how easily and freely birds moved about. It must be so easy to find food for raptors like her. The bird surely had no idea what it was like without such freedom.
32 Posts
Ooc —
She supposed. Small game was easy to catch most of the time, but it wasn't sustainable unless caught everyday by such a large animal. She wondered why the girl wasn't in a pack, but she answered that quesiton without being asked and so Astor remained silent for now.

When the female mentioned a lack of wings it made Astor wince for a moment, then again did birds really wince. It was a weird image in her mind. Such a large animal with wings flying through the air. That would almost be worse. 

"And why is it you haven't joined a new pack. Having trouble finding one?" she asked knowing of many packs in the area. Not much about them, but at least where they were with all the time she spent flying over them from time to time.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx

Theia sighed at the bird's questions. She'd never found herself more embarrassed and ashamed, and before a bird, no less. Still, she nodded. Yes... I haven't come across one yet, She answered truthfully, but with reluctance. Then, an idea struck her. A bird would know where all the packs were, right? Would you know how to get to one from here? She asked with sudden enthusiasm, desperation in her eyes. Please for the love of God say yes, she begged internally, but she wouldn't allow herself to appear too desperate.
32 Posts
Ooc —
There were packs all over the Teekon Wilds, it was hard for Astor to believe that this wolf knew where none of them were. But that was from the prospective of an animal that could simply fly overhead and didn't have to wait at the border to see what was going on. But something Astor could understand was that at least here there weren't many options. To the west was the closest pack, but the second closest was quite a ways to the south. 

"Yes" she said grudgingly and with a sigh. "Head in any direction thats not North or East and you should find something eventually. Quickest would be West." she said somewhat begrudgingly, but not enough obviously that she didn't say it at all.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Yes! She squealed internally, excitement bubbling within her at the prospect of not living like this anymore. Theia was too caught up in her emotions to take notice of the goshawk's reluctance to give her this information. Thank you again. I'll be heading west, then, She found slipping past her maw, this time with ease. But for now, she dug back into the rabbit, not yet satiated. She would maybe stick around to see if she could snag that bison calf, but it was hard to think of waiting another moment.
32 Posts
Ooc —
The female thanked her once again and announced that she was deciding to go west. Astor didn't much care, at least that was what she was telling herself. It wouldn't effect her in the end. The female continued to dig into her rabbit and Astor began to think of leaving. But before she did, being as she was, she had to make one last comment. "Stay clear of the bison alright? The next time you do you most likely won't be rewarded for it." she turned around on her rock and extended her wings ready to fly. Mumbling "They'll just kill ya." before flying off.