The Tangle It takes two to tangle
10 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
All Welcome 
Finding herself in love with the coast, Amabilia decided to stick to it — until she couldn't. There was claimed territory on the cliffs, which she would've enjoyed exploring otherwise. But she had to respect it lest she be torn to bits, so she went around. However, the forest she found herself having to traverse through was tempting her to try her luck with the pack wolves. There were numerous twigs and leaves hung in her fur, and she couldn't count how many rocks she'd gotten lodged between her pads. This place had truly fouled her mood, and she silently cursed the pack for existing. As she did, her foot got caught on a fallen branch, and she was sent tumbling to the ground, bumping her chin. Slowly, bitterly, Amabilia got to her feet. The sooner she was out of here, the better.
16 Posts
Ooc —
hope it's okay for me to toss Bunyip in!

It was hard to be lost when you didn't have somewhere to go in the first place. Yet, Bunyip felt entirely lost at this moment. The terrain was unfamiliar for a previous swamp dweller and not at all where he wanted to be. His fidgety self kept misstepping, bumping his short legs into things. Bunyip was well aware there would be a matter of bruises to attend to in the following days.

His green eyes looked away from the hazardous ground for one moment. There was a flash of moving white and in a sudden paranoid manner, he tried to scramble back. Bunyip met the ground with a soft oof before not daring to make another move. Laying on his back with his legs close to his underside certainly made the creature a pathetic sight to see.

Perhaps the ghost would spare him another day if he went ahead and played dead.
minor pp is always okay (no fatal/death)
bunyip sees everyone as weird creatures
10 Posts
Ooc — Sparx

Amabilia slowly rose to her feet, rubbing her sore chin with a paw before shaking herself off. Most of the debris was still stuck in her fur, but it was mostly to get ahold of herself. Suddenly, there was the unmistakable sound of rustling leaves and crackling twigs, then a solid thud that could only belong to another fairly large creature. She whipper her whole body around towards the noise to find another wolf comically lying belly-up on the ground. They weren't making any sort of move to get up, and their eyes were closed. Were they... Playing dead?

Um... What are you doing? She asked, the confusion evident in her expression. Her muscles relaxed, as a wolf on its back wasn't much of a threat. Especially if they were doing... Whatever this one was doing.
16 Posts
Ooc —
Well heck. It seemed he was out of luck.

The ghost began to talk to him, starting off with a question. A small nervous smile etched onto his features, tail submissively wagging against the earth. I'm not ready, ghost. He weakly spoke through his teeth. Bunyip still had plenty left to do on this earth. He hadn't even finished exploring this area before he encountered the ghost before him.

I'm too young. Bunyip softly hissed as he rolled onto his stomach. Green eyes darted to look up and steal a glance at the ghost. She was pale. Ghastly. Her eyes were a lively amber though which caused him to rethink just how much of a ghost she really was.
10 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Omg I love him.

Amabilia giggled after hearing this wolf speak to her as if she were deceased and about to take him to the afterlife. He looked absolutely terrified. She supposed he hadn't seen a white wolf before, but it was strange to see someone to be so afraid of her. Before she came down here, she'd never seen a wolf who wasn't white.

I'm not a ghost, She assured him, still grinning from her giggle fit. She then decided to explain further, I come from up north. Everyone in the tundra looks like me.
16 Posts
Ooc —
His ears leaned back towards his crown as she seemed to giggle. Bunyip didn't understand. Ghosts weren't supposed to laugh. They were supposed to bellow that the end was near. They were supposed to sink icy fangs into you. The boy had never once been told about friendly ghosts.

Even at her explanation, he didn't feel fully safe in the pale one's presence. Bunyip pulled himself off the ground and slowly moved a few feet away. His short hefty body was crouched low as green eyes looked the female over. Tundra. The word softly slipped past his uneasy smile. You must be confused. If everyone in this tundra is as pale as you, you must live in the graveyard. He explained as if it was an obvious fact.

Bu-but! The male chided. If you're a kind ghost and willing to let me go for just a wee bit longer, maybe I can help you out. Bunyip had no idea what he could possibly help a ghost with but it was a shot in the dark worth taking.
10 Posts
Ooc — Sparx

She rolled her eyes, a small smile still stained on her face. Amabilia was unsure of how anyone older than a pup could be so adamant that she was a ghost. I told you, I'm not a ghost. The tundra is just a place far north from here that's very cold. Our fur is white to blend in with the snow. Besides, how would a ghost get caught up in all this debris? She gestured to her messy fur with distaste. It felt strange explaining something so simple and obvious to her, something she'd known ever since she could remember. The thought crossed her mind that if she were a more manipulative wolf she could have taken advantage of his naevity. But she wasn't. He was like a scared child, but he seemed nice enough.

I'm Amabilia. What's your name? She decided to introduce herself, hoping that she'd made herself clear that she was very much alive.
16 Posts
Ooc —
Some ghosts are more real than others. He explained with a soft sigh. It felt ridiculous to have to explain how ghosts work to a real live ghost. Granted she seemed so persistent that she wasn't someone from the other side. Would a ghost really work so hard to prove themselves innocent of death? Perhaps he ought to consider her words a bit harder.

Amabilia. The male tucked away the name careful for the female. Ghost or not it would be good to remember her. Bunyip. He softly introduced himself while trying to take on a more formal stance. Now I'm quite the busy wolf gh- Amabilia, Bunyip had to correct himself mid-sentence. but if you happen to know where a swamp is I would be forever in your debt.
10 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
She crinkled her snout at his comment that some ghosts were more "real" than others. What kind of sense did that make? None, as far as she was concerned. Any ghost was just as real as the next — not at all. There was just a prick of irritation at this odd wolf's insistence on something so ridiculous, but she pushed it aside as he introduced himself. A swamp, she mused internally. What was a swamp?

Ignoring his slip-up, she energetically replied, I have no idea what a swamp is, but maybe we could find it together! The thought of exploring and seeing new sights made her giddy. While the beach was beautiful, this new thing piqued her curiosity, which she could never ignore.
16 Posts
Ooc —
His nose crinkled slightly, thinking about the self-proclaimed non-ghost joining him on his journey. She didn't even know what a swamp was. Which, in a way, was an insult to him. But maybe she could be useful for a little while. An extra set of eyes and paws meant less work for him.

It's where the plants still grow but the water remains. Think of a lake shrouded in trees, mosses, shrubbery. He was getting excited just thinking about it. There was a swamp back home but he couldn't go back there. Bunyip needed to find his own stomping grounds. He craved a place of his own where the earthy stench was strong and the muddied water caked his fur.

Why do you wish to find it with me if you know nothing of it? He asked with a more gentle curiosity, his features softer than they had been most of this meeting.
10 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Bunyip appeared oddly offended at her question but offered an explanation anyhow. Amabilia imagined a lake with plants growing unhindered in it. Wow, that sounds amazing! She exclaimed gleefuly. Just the sound of it was magical and unbelievable. She had to experience it for herself. More kind now, he asked her why she would want to travel to something she knew nothing about. That's just it—I get to experience something I've never seen before! It's the best feeling ever. I travelled all the way from the tundra to explore the world, She explained with passion radiating from her pores. Exploring was truly her calling.

But his question drew one from herself. Why do you want to go to a swamp?
16 Posts
Ooc —
She sounded like quite the adventurer in his books. It was strange she had wanted to leave her graveyard. Or at least it was strange to him. Bunyip didn't fuss over her decisions, though. He had his own doings to worry about.

I just need to. He answered calmly. The short male wasn't keen on sharing his plans with others. His reasons were his own just like hers were. Bunyip was not doing this trip out of pleasure. If you really wish to tag along perhaps we should get moving soon. It doesn't seem like we're anywhere close to swamplands. He admitted as a rough frown tore into his features.
10 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
End it here? We could start another thread elsewhere. o:
Amabilia frowned at his lack of a detailed answer. Why would he have a problem with telling her? Well, she didn't dwell on it for too long; she'd probably find out once they got there. She nodded at his suggestion of getting a move on, tired of being in this irritating place. Yeah, let's get out of here, She breathed and brought her amber eyes back to her surroundings, having nearly forgotten where she was while not tripping or getting caught up in something every two seconds. Turning back in the direction she was originally travelling, the ghost of a wolf began her trek once again, now expecting another to be in tow.