Redhawk Caldera Ohana
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Private 
Please allow @Spiritwalker to post first. For @Sebastian!

Aviana had tried to make good time getting to Redhawk. With her head level, and her legs itching for a journey, she could have trotted all the way back to her brother with just a few stops. But, she wasn't sure if Catori was that kind of traveler. She did her best to stay conscious of when the other female might want to take a break, and was sure to allow her to say when they would get back to moving.

Her tail wagged when the scent of the Caldera reached her nose. She paused a few dozen from their borders, not wanting to draw any unwanted attention. After all, she was here on a positive note. But, she knew they would probably be on high alert due to the war. She lifted her muzzle to the afternoon sky and called for her brother, hoping he would come soon. She had come to fulfill her promise, both to Sebastian, and to Grayday.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori was used to ranging about but since her time in Morningside she'd stayed mostly static in the territory. Getting out and exploring made her happy, and while she longed to return to Grayday as soon as possible, she was enjoying the trip. Getting to know Aviana was nice too. Cat didn't want to pry too much but she was curious about why Sebastian and Aviana didn't live together - but then she and Seelie didn't live together either no matter how happy she would have been with the prospect. 

Maybe soon. 

She grinned when Aviana got more excited - no doubt this was the pack that they were looking for and as they approached Catori bumped her shoulder against the girl in a friendly manner. She took a neutral stance as they waited for the brother to find them, tail wagging slowly behind her. "Nervous at all?"   Catori asked curiously.  

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sorry Sorry!!

Sebastian was glad to hear the familiar howl of his sister. It took a while before he reached the side of which the howl came. Sebastian eagerly rushed to greet his sister. He was glad when he realized she was much further away from the border, he didn't want her to be seen as an enemy.

When he approached her he realized that she wasn't alone. Sebastian chuffed in greeting and stopped before the two ladies. "Aviana!," he greeted and stepped closer to give her a lick. "Hello, I'm Sebastian," he greeted politely to the stranger. "Are you from Aviana's new pack?," he asked. He assumed Aviana joined a pack as she said she would visit him after she found a home.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her shoulder was bumped, bringing her attention to her traveling partner. She smiled, bobbing her head up and down. Very! With the war going on, I was worried that he might not be okay. Being here, though, my hope is renewed, she confided. She really hoped she was right.

Her gaze went back to the borders, waiting for any sign of movement. It was a little while, but finally his form came into view. She whined in excitement and her front paws danced in place as he trotted up to them. Hey, Seb! she said happily, relieved to see he was all in one piece. She looked between Catori and Seb, Yes, this is Catori, Alpha female of Morningside, she introduced. Catori, this is my brother, Sebastian, she said, still smiling. They've let me stay with them, she said to Sebastian, then added, How are you doing? She really wondered how the war was going, and if by a miracle it was over.
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori knew how she'd feel once she tracked her cousin down again. She knew it would be something intense, and although she wouldn't say it was how she'd feel about seeing Chelan again it was still at the forefront of her thoughts. "I bet I'll feel the same when I introduce Gray to Seelie,"  She admitted. They'd only briefly talked about their families, ranging made it a little harder to properly get traction on learning about one another. But still, family was a common theme. 

" Oh! Oh, no, I'm not - not the Alpha.'  She said quickly when she was introduced to Sebastian. She offered him a polite smile before looking back to Aviana and again to the male. " My mate, his daughter, and another pack mate run the pack. I just cause general mischief."  She teased with a smile. "We're settled on the plateau near the coast - we call ourselves Morningside." Catori introduced proudly. Alpha female or no, she still loved their group. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian instantly nodded in greeting to Catori as Aviana told him her name. He dipped his head more respectfully when Aviana said that she was the alpha female. Sebastian was very grateful had they had taken his sister into their midst. Sebastian had already said goodbye to Ben and Andalusia. It was a tough time for him. He didn't look as happy as he normally would. He was about to speak to the alpha female when Catori herself corrected that she wasn't the alpha female. "Either way, thank you for letting my sister stay with your family. It wasn't safe for her here," Sebastian spoke somberly.

He tried to smile when Aviana asked how he was doing. "Doing well, doing well. They took Ben to safety. Andalusia as well. So I hope they both will stay put and not do anything foolish. They...," Sebastian paused. "They expect me to fight, Avi," he admitted to her then. It was a high contrast with what Catori told him before, about their wonderful territory. Sebastian smiled at her but it didn't reach his eyes. "Sounds wonderful," she spoke with a nod. He rather wanted to be there as well instead of fighting, but he had to stay loyal to the Caldera, they could his pack in when he was in need. He had to return that favor.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana's ears folded softly on her head in embarrassment when Catori pointed out that she wasn't an Alpha. I'm so sorry. I just assumed that since you and Grayday were mates... she trailed off, knowing she shouldn't have assumed anything. I'm sorry, she repeated.

She looked back to her brother when he began speaking, glad that Ben Andalusian were safe. Her joy was cut short, however, when Sebastian confessed that they expect him to fight. She couldn't tell him not to, she knew that. Did you ever find out what started all this? she asked, worry crossing her features. It would just make her feel better to know that this fight was worth all this. At least then it wouldn't be in vain.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian slowly shook his head when his sister asked him about what started this all. The only thing he knew was that Blackfeather always had been bad and that they finally needed to pay what was due. He wasn't sure what event triggered it all but he was pretty sure it involved a Redhawk wolf. Otherwise, the Redhawks wouldn't be so pissed about it.

"They said something about Blackfeather always being bad," he spoke and then shrugged lightly. Sebastian looked slightly miserable. "But after the war is over and I showed my loyalty to them I will make sure to visit you. So then you can see that I will be fine." Sebastian at least hoped that he could do that.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She frowned when Sebastian told her of the pack they were going to war with. She supposed if they were always causing trouble, they other packs might see fit to take care of that problem. She still didn't like the idea of her brother fighting, but she would not continue to dwell on that. She gave him a smile when he promised to visit her. Thanks, Seb, she replied.

Grayday asked that I take that information back to him, she said. She wasn't sure if he was going to provide any assistance, though. He didn't seem like a fighter, unless provoked. Do you have allies? she asked, hoping they did. The more packs on one side, the greater the chances that they would win, and maybe Seb wouldn't even have to fight. Sheer numbers were sometimes enough to stop a war before it started, right?
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded to his sister. "Some of Drageda will fight with us," he explained and he thought some other pack as well but he wasn't certain. He did know about Drageda as he met the female that was leading them. "We aren't going at it alone," he assured with a firm nod. He hoped that it meant they would win in the end. Perhaps they were with more and they could overpower the pack. He offered his sister a smile. "I promise I will be fine, Avi!"
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She was glad to hear that they had at least one ally on their side. Aviana didn't know how big the Caldera was, but any help was good. Still, it would not quell the worry over her brother. A small smile appeared on her maw when he said he would be fine, but it was obvious that her emotions didn't match the expression.

She wanted to be strong for him, she really did. But, if she lost him, she had no idea what she would do. Sebastian was the closest family member she had, and she knew she would feel lost without him. But, she didn't want him worrying about her when his mind should be on the task at hand. I know you'll take care of yourself, she said, knowing at least that much to be true. She didn't think Seb would do anything brash to get himself killed. I'll stay at Morningside until you visit, she promised. She certainly had no reason to leave before then, as she really liked the wolves in the pack.
226 Posts
Ooc —
feel free to skip her if I slow things down again <3

For Catori up until that moment the war had been very impersonal to her. Now that she actually knew someone tied into it, she was more invested. She watched Aviana with concern - it wasn't easy to hear that your sibling was going to be involved in something like that. "You should come visit Morningside afterwards, maybe rest up with us?" Catori wasn't entirely sure of where Blackfeather was - but if it was on the way or feasible in any way she knew it would be good to let the siblings have time together and Pema could look Sebastian over. "Please stay safe - this is just....this whole war is ridiculous." She said bitterly.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian could only agree with Catori. He thought it was stupid as well but he promised his loyalty to this pack. He had to fight even though he didn't want to. Sebastian smiled at her offer. "I will think of that," he spoke. "Thank you. I hope not to be too injured," he spoke. Sebastian liked that the female offered a place to rest it meant they would take care of Aviana as well. "Sound you found a good place, Avi. Don't worry too much about me. I will be back in no time," he spoke with a smile.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her tail waved behind her when Catori offered up the pack as a resting place for her brother. Aviana still held out hope that the war would come to an end before all the fighting started, but she knew it was just wishful thinking. That didn't stop her from hoping, though. 

She nodded when Catori said the war was ridiculous. Did something happen so bad that it could not be settled with compromise? I'll hold you to that, she said lightly, with a smile, to Seb. With a glance to her traveling companion, she added, We should probably head back. While both Grayday and Catori did not push her to get back quickly, she didn't want to keep them away from each other for too long, especially when this was a favor from Grayday to allow her to come. 

She stepped forward, nuzzling Seb's cheek and throat. She refused to think this would be the last time she would see him. I'll see you soon, she said softly. She would not say goodbye, as it felt too final.
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori didn't like the idea of having one of their own (even just by association) involved in the brutality of war. If she had known these were the same wolves who had taken her Coelacanth and had held her captive, brutalizing the tender sprite, she would have razed them to the ground herself. "Our healers can look you over - and we're wonderful hunters. We'll get you recovered in no time." Catori promised. She didn't like to think of war in general as it seemed so....barbaric and just primitive. For some, that was the thrill. Catori didn't understand it. "And we'd get to know you better while you visit, so please. Head our way as soon as this is done." She wanted to end the visit on a high note and try not to think just of the negatives but it was so hard to do. 

When Aviana suggested they leave Catori made a little face, chewing her lip. "Do....do you wanna stay a bit longer? I can scout around the area and meet up with you around sunset. Give you guys some time to talk without me looming around." She was joking when she said it but she had that nagging feeling....if there was a chance something might happen to Chelan she'd want to spend as much time with him as possible. "I'll come back by soon." She promised before she reached over to gently nudge Aviana, snout touching her cheek briefly in a sign of affection and solidarity. "It was nice to meet you Sebastien. Don't be a stranger." She said with a wag of her tail before she headed off to see the lands around the Caldera and give the siblings some time together. 

this seemed like a good point to have her leave, if you guys wanna tag me if you want me to follow up with anything lemme know!
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian gave her a brave smile and a wag of a tail. "See you soon, Avi," he promised with a dip of his head. He should get back as well, seeing that he needed to practice his fighting. Sebastian wished he could spend more time with Aviana but she said her goodbyes and so did he.

The other female was once again very friendly. He would definitely take her offer. "Thank you once again, M'am," he spoke with a nod of his head. He wasn't sure how the Caldera would feel about him visiting another pack. Though he would have to see how well he was after the war. He felt like he would at least be good enough to travel.

Sebastian watched Aviana and the female. "Bye," he whispered, mostly to himself. He would make sure he would see her again even if he would die in the process

End for me!