Blacktail Deer Plateau Trust in me
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
All Welcome 
all welcome. Maybe @Sorrel Marie ?

Sunny had been trying to figure a few things out within the past few days. One thing being how to grab something cold enough to help treat sorrel's injured ankle. He strolled around the Eastern borders marking his scent more than usual since it was breeding season and they had alot of females in the pack. As he paused to lift his leg he glanced at a tree, the bark covered in frozen moss. A thought struck him and he quickly moved to the tree, ripping off moss and running all the way to the stream.

Once there he began to strike at the ice with his good forepaw until it broke and frigid water flowed freely. Picking up the moss he dipped it into the water and then carried it back to the den site where he buried it under a pile of snow. His idea was that it would freeze or at least turn cold enough to be placed on the injured ankle and provide the same pain relieving effects and reduce the swelling like when he dipped his forepaw into the icy stream to tend his own injury.

Now that he had patrolled and marked the borders and taken care of something that bothered him for days, he went to the closest cache and nosed around before finding a rabbit and settling down at tear at it.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

"Once you've met someone you never really forget them.
131 Posts
Ooc —
Time had a way of healing things. It had been a few weeks since Sorrel had found Kieran (rather, vice versa) and joined Grayday's ranks. She'd seen new faces, heard new voices, learned new names; if one was paying attention, they might have noticed that she'd learned some new words, too. It wasn't that she couldn't speak, but because she had had the English ability of a toddler, something about sparking up conversations made her anxious (to say the least). 

It must have been something in the air because when Sorrel woke up that afternoon, she'd had a supply of energy she hadn't felt in months. To be fair, that still wasn't much, but it was enough to get her walking without much protest. Not only had she put on weight, but she was building muscle, albeit slowly. Grayday was right; come spring, she'd be closer to peachy than she'd ever been.

As she made her way toward the same cache that she gravitated to every morning, Sorrel was able to make out the familiar shape of Sunny. She chuffed a greeting and slowed her approach, finally settling a few paces away. Wha're you doing? she asked, her words draped with her known accent.
"I'm dreaming! I'm dreaming!"
Chihiro, "Spirited Away" (2001)
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny looked up to see Sorrel And smiled brightly as he studied her, noticing that she looked better than she had the last time he had spoken to her. "Just having myself a meal, would you like to share?" He asked politely. On a second thought he remembered what he had just buried underneath the snow and motioned toward her ankle "um..does it still hurt? I figured out a way to help, like I said I would" he asked hesitantly, wondering if he'd lose her interest like he had before.

131 Posts
Ooc —
No, thank you. Sorrel gave Sunny a polite grin as she shook her head and settled into a seated position. Her curiosity was peaked with his offer; though Pema's care helped with the overall healing process, it didn't do much for the pain. Ok, she said, then waited for whatever magic potion he was hiding.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Almost giving a sigh of relief he stood up and placed the rest of the meat back onto the cache. There was enough there for someone to get a good meal off of, especially to someone Daubtless, Easy, Or lavenders size. Turning back to her he motioned for her to follow him, walking the short distance to where he had buried the moss. He uncovered it and was surprised to find it already hardened and frozen. Grabbing the two bundles he carried them over to Sorrel "I dipped them in water and buried them on snow so they'd turn to ice. I figured that way they're super cold, which helps swelling. Um... you'll have to lay down with your paws outstretched" he said with a slight smile, eager to see if this worked. "It'll be slightly uncomfortable, the cold. But after a few moments it should numb a bit and the longer you keep it on the more the soreness fades" he said guessing it was kind of like how the longer you keep your paw dipped in the water the more it worked.

131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel bit at the inside of her cheek and licked across her jowls before giving an affirming nod. The prospect of numbing what was already in a constant state of throbbing null didn't seem too broad, but Sorrel was willing to try. She gave Sunny one last look-over as if searching for the further prodding of her compliance, then outstretched her weak, blackened ankle.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny waited patiently and as soon as she lay down he grabbed the bundles of frozen moss and slowly moved close to her, lowering his muzzle and placing them upon her ankle. He gave her a uncertain look "You'll have to hold them on, a bit of pressure so it's kinda tight against where it hurts" he said in a gentle tone, really unsure how this would work. It probably wouldn't be as good as the stream, but he was almost certain that the cold would soothe pain in a similar way as well as help any swelling remaining. "It um..has to be on for a while. I guess till it starts to melt" he said with a small smile as he took a few paces back, giving her some space before lowering himself to the ground as well. He wanted to talk to her but wasn't sure how to start. She seemed so quiet and resigned, like she was scared of him almost and that made him want to be extra cautious around her. He kinda wanted to be her friend but also didn't want to push and make her dislike him.

After a few moments of silence he chose what he thought was a simple enough and fairly safe topic "So... how're you liking Morningside?" He asked in a brighter tone, genuinely curious as to how she felt. He was prepared for any answer and wasn't  going to be offended if she said she didn't like it, he had chosen Easthollow over his family and morningside at first after all.

131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel did as she was told once there was enough space between herself and Sunny for her neck to properly crane down. With her nose, she held the moss in place and found that if anything, it was numbing her face more than her ankle. But this was out of her range of communication so she simply huffed and tried to quiet the thought. Fine, thank you, she replied with only the slightest bit of annoyance. It wasn't directed toward Sunny, but rather derived from how funny she was sure she looked contorting herself in such a fashion. Nice wolves.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny watched as she held it with her muzzle and stifled a chuckle not wanting to be rude or seem like he was laughing at her. He was about to offer a different form of assistance when she replied to him, her voice slightly annoyed. He blinked and flicked his ears back, once again taken aback by her. Determined not to run away like he had the last time he simply scooted forward on his belly and lifted a paw, looking at her for permission "here...um..I can help with that. Your face is probably cold plus your breath will defrost it quicker" he said nervously, now somewhat afraid of how she'd react to him.

He was only trying to help and be her friend and somehow it didn't seem to be working out quite well, but instead of growing frustrated he tried a different approach "I know this seems stupid...really...and maybe it is...so I'm sorry if I'm bothering you. I just wanted to help you. I guess I kinda wanna be friends but maybe I'm pushing." He tried to be honest and speak about his feelings and intentions. Probably not the best thing, but hey...you never know. "I just...you kinda seemed scared or maybe not scared but...lost. out of place. I know how that feels...and I wanted to help you feel better" he ducked his head and placed his paw back on the ground now thoroughly embarrassed. "Maybe I'm just not good with girls..." He said softly.

131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel lifted herself and nodded her head, giving Sunny permission. She listened as he explained his woes, though there wasn't much for her to respond with. Friends, she breathed, You and me? Friends. There hadn't been a point where she necessarily disliked Sunny, and though she wouldn't call him a friend under any other circumstance, she thought that it was what he needed to hear. She winced and pulled her paw back a bit, though relaxed once again; a muscle twitch, it must have been. They seemed to plague her more and more each day.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny's ears slowly raised themselves up again and he nodded quietly, feeling embarrassed about his sudden word vomiting. He cleared his throat and gently placed his paw over the frozen moss, applying firm but careful pressure and holding them in place. "Thank you..." He said when she called them friends, even though he didn't quite believe her it was nice to hear her say.  There was something about her that reminded him of Keoni, maybe it was the way she acted kind toward him despite the fact that he knew he was a bit odd and energetic and that might annoy some people.

After a few moments he lifted the moss and flipped it over so the colder side was pressing down against her ankle again. "Is it helping? You can be honest if it isn't, I wasn't sure if it would or not to be honest" he said.

131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel sighed and shook her head. The moss hadn't helped to do much but further numb the skin that she hadn't really felt in weeks, anyway. I'm sorry, she told him, hoping that he wouldn't be disappointed. She could tell that he had genuinely wanted to help, but it didn't seem like anything he tried was going to work. Still, Sorrel appreciated the gesture; she bent down to gently mouth his shoulder, whispering a soft Thank you, beside his ear.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He wasn't disappointed so much as saddened that it hadn't helped her pain. He had hoped that maybe he'd be able to make her at least a bit more comfortable. About to give a reply he choked on his words as she moved closer and mouthed at his shoulder, whispering her thanks to him. He slowly relaxed again and breathed in her scent, touching his nose to her shoulder in return "You're welcome...I'm just sorry I couldn't help. If..if you ever need anything just ask alright?" He said in a soft voice, ears flicking back slightly in a flustered fashion. "Probably not healing related though...pema Should probably take care of all that" he joked lightly.

131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel nodded her head with a friendly grin. Okay, she whispered, then began making her way back to her den.