Emberwood Fixing a hole
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah

Night was to fall soon, the yellow star pacing itself beneath a blanket of earth. Rosy fire spread across the sky, with tiny tears of white from tiny stars ripping through sunsets canvas. His mind didn’t focus on the artwork before him though, and instead dwelled on why he was so fazed by Alarian’s fooling with another wolf. Was he upset that instead of returning to the lair straightaway after hunting he moseyed around with some stranger? Even after countless times where strangers were proven to be dangerous? He truly didn’t know - and was pulled from his thoughts when her noticed an unfamiliar silhouette amongst the wood. She was pale; but not as pale as Korei. For she had a striking fur pattern on her face, and he was unexpectedly interested. 

Lennon no longer obsessed over his internal issues, and instead focused on the stranger lingering a few meters in the distance. He chuffed to let the girl know he was close, and not to startle her. ”Hello, there!” He chirped, his sing-songy voice accompanied by his accent made it clear he wasn’t exactly the most normal.
living is easy with eyes
closed
The Green-Eyed Ghost Lives On
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
"To hell with it!" The light female crushed the bird in her jaws, boiling with frustration. Xahi was never one for birds. The feathers, the hollow bones, the fragile bodies, it was all to annoying for the girl to deal with. When Xahi had hunted with Ezimette, her late mother, things had been much easier. The swift woman was wonderful at bringing down swift prey, and she regularly helped Xahi with rabbits. Now that the girl was on her own, she was beginning to realize how difficult it was surviving alone. Xahi, though an excellent hunter, was completely unfamilar with the territory she was travelling through, so prey wasn't exactly easy to come by.
    Now, Xahi was sitting hopelessly by a puddle of melted snow trying to defeather a dove, which would not even come close to a meal anyway. She dropped the mutilated bird on the ground and raised to her paws. Xahi scanned the area before her, spitting out feathers as she drew her gaze from one side of the landscape to the other. The she-wolf began padding towards the surface of the water, dipping her maw into the cool liquid and lapping vigorously. Her travels had worn the girl down, she was young, alone, and yet, filled with determination. 
     The sweet dreamer was quickly pulled from her thoughts as she heard a chuff from nearby. The pale girl turned around, her emerald green eyes glimmering brilliantly. Xahi narrowed her gaze, viewing the male ahead. He had dark fur with some lighter highlights, complimented with dark accents. The girl's ears perked with interest at his voice, it was quite friendly, something Xahi wasn't exactly used to. "Hello. Who...are you," The light female inquired, studying him more. She wasn't exactly sure of what this male's intentions were, and thus was on alert.
~ X A H I ~
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Lennon trotted best he could with his disabled leg closer to the girl,  though kept a cautious amount of space between them. He didn’t want to keep her too on-guard, though completely understood why. His torn thigh proved the consequences of not staying on high alert. Her eyes were striking, standing out even more among the jade coniferous trees speckling the forest. For a moment he felt lost in her gaze before returning to reality. ”I’m Lennon, and you?” He sent her a charming smile, eyes glinting with magnetism. Something about the stranger was so unique, it reminded him of his first encounter with Alarian and how he’d fallen from the sky. 

”You a wanderer, yourself?” He hoped he wasn’t badgering too much. Her lack of pack scent was just evident, and his mind raced to another inquiry, and before he could wait his mouth uttered it without hesitation. His tail swayed slowly side to side, indicating his pleasure in getting to know the she-wolf. It was always exciting to make new acquaintances- especially ones that don’t rip your thigh out.
living is easy with eyes
closed
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
The moment Xahi realized the male-Lennon, was injured, she relaxed quite a bit. She watched as he stared at her for a moment, and was taken aback. Xahi had met only two other males in her lifetime, one which had felled her mother and the was an old male. His reaction at her presence was surprising, but she was flattered. However, she had no intention of showing this. A moment of bashfulness flashed across her eyes before returning to her poker-face. The girl cleared her voice as she sat up straight. "I am called Xahi." She continued to study the boy as another question was asked. They were strange to her, males. Their builds, their voices, pretty much everything. "Perhaps. And you?" The girl's rich, deep voice split the silence that she had left perhaps a little too long. Social ques were hard for Xahi. However, she did understand a tail wag, and after seeing one, her guard lessened just a bit more.
~ X A H I ~
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
When Lennon had conversations, he always made sure to truly engage. To allow his peer to feel listened to and noticed, only letting large interuptions remove him from them being his center for the time being. So, for the brief time she displayed a coy expression, Lennon was quick to notice. He replayed her name in his head, Xahi, Xahi, Xahi. It seemed more foreign than even he was, and another immigrant was always especially interesting to converse with. The elongated pause was strange, but nothing odd enough to shy Lennon away from the girl. 

Her return of the question made his ears perk, a nod in response. ”Travler all my life, I’m joined by two others right now – are you all alone?” The last part of his comment seemed a bit more worried, he didn’t enjoyed solitude for long periods of time. It’s likely what made him so queer, being forced into an unreal reality deep within his brain.
living is easy with eyes
closed
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
The girl was intrigued that he also had companions but not a pack, as it was her previous lifestyle as well. With Ezimette, she had traveled long distances, but at least she was not alone. Alone...when Lennon spoke the word, a small, sharp pain tightened her chest. She found herself curious about the male now that he had brought up that word, and, well, decided he was worth her time. "I wasn't, but yes, I guess I am now." Xahi took a deep breath in, searching for any other scents. "Your companions, they're not around. Why?" Once again, the usually reserved girl found herself asking and responding to more questions...but...perhaps it was okay? She cocked her head slightly as she observed the male, waiting eagerly for a response.
~ X A H I ~
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Xahi’s growing interest only fueled his enjoyment in their interaction. Her question forced him to present his healing wounds, the scratches on his shoulder and the lack of thigh. He didn’t force her to observe long, not ever finding it fond to look at such grotesque images. ”We’re a little beat up from attacks, we decided to pause our travels and rest. It seems I can’t stay still for long though, I had to go out and explore,” he glanced over her frame again, pausing on her strong gaze, ”I must admit I’m glad I did.” The friendly male displayed another smile, before remembering his own question he hadn’t had time to ask- for she was readied with one before he could say it. ”If you don’t mind me asking, why are you alone now?” 

A moment flashed in his mind, remembering the first time Lennon was ever truly alone and how utterly terrifying and painful it had been, but was quickly reverted back to Xahi.
living is easy with eyes
closed
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
Xahi raised a brow when the male showed off his scars, obviously he had been in battle iwth a formidable opponent. "Damn," she started, "Hope you left a couple of marks on them yourself." The girl gave a small chuckle.   The corner of the pale girl's mouth was pulled up momentarily at his comment, she was not incrediblyfamilar with the customs of most wolves, but she understood what it meant to trace somewolf with your eyes. When the question was asked of why she was on her lonesome, Xahi paused momentarily, deciding whether or not she should tell him. Eh, what could the harm be? She had already begun to speak to him, and it was obvious that she could outrun him if he was hostile. "I was born to a rogue who used to live in Teekon actually. Ezimette was her name, she was once part of Ryujin, which was apparently a pack here once. I was actually born in the BlueMeadow Wilds, it's quite far from here, I doubt you've heard of it. Anyway, Ezimette and I were attacked in the night, she died fighting our attacker. She took him down with her though," Xahi gave a small grin. "That woman decided to die instead of losing the territory I was born on. She was a woman of honor." Xahi smiled at the ground, thinking of the woman who had raised her and the strong code she had been taught. "Why are you a traveler, friend?"
~ X A H I ~
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
He was reminded of the lifeless body of a newly killed cougar, blood spilled like knocked over paint. Lennon had no doubt that opponent got what it deserved, but he hadn’t done much harm to the ghost that attacked Alarian and Korei, which upset him greatly. When she started her story, he instantly became more enthralled (if that were possible) and was forced to sit down to intently listen. He could tell where this woman, Ezimette, stood in Xahi’s heart. It was nice to hear such open parts of her life despite having only met. ”A woman of honor, indeed.” He strongly agreed, knowing that his statement was true with the way the female had described her. Quite far away from here. He resisted a laugh, simply because she likely wouldn’t have taken it as he hoped- it was just funny to recollect how far he’d traveled. He imagined how much she had too. 

Friend. The title made his eyes sparkle and teeth glint in the fading sunlight. He was very happy to be given a name so soon, every sentence the two exchanged made him like her even more. ”I can’t seem to find the right place to settle, though I’m forming a nice group to stay with, hopefully for awhile.” It made him worry about Korei’s intention to join a pack, he didn’t want to lose the girl he felt so protective over. ”Being alone can be quite unnerving,” Lennon admitted, especially in such a desolate winter. ”Do you prefer it?” He hoped not – for some reason he didn’t want this newfound friend to roam the bitter lands without company. Especially after witnessing how easy harm can interfere with your life.
living is easy with eyes
closed
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
Xahi was impressed at the male's answer. He agreed with her statement. Some would have called Ezi a fool, but he obviously had some respect. She took another second to consider this male, as a potential friend. When the word had first slipped out, she wondered how he would take it. It was quite generous for Xahi, actually. She was a reserved female who usually was not an open book. Perhaps it was because she had been alone so long...She and Ezi used to spend nights rambling to each other and stargazing, and now she had nobody, nobody,  to talk to. Perhaps this was why she was opening up? It was a surprise to Xahi herself. 
      He did take it well, though. He even smiled. She cocked a brow at his mention of not being able to find the right place to settle. She was especially intrigued by the fact that he seemed to value companionship. Perhaps he would begin a pack? If so, she might consider checking it out. Xahi gave a short nod in response to the comment about being alone. Then, once again, he inquired something of her. This one, though, really made her think. "I suppose not...I haven't thought about it in a minute, I've been without Ezi for several months now..." She glanced back up at him with her emeralds, wondering the intent of this question.
~ X A H I ~
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Lennon’s ears hovered lower than usual when she answered his question, he remembered being alone for months on end and how desperate he was for interaction with someone kind-natured. Fortunately, he didn’t have to worry about searching for an engaging conversation with his trio always together - and a potential fourth. That was if she accepted his offer though, he pawed at the ground a moment. Was it to soon to offer? He gave Alarian refuge in him and Korei’s travels within minutes of meeting, perhaps this was just another stroke of luck! ”You can always stay with us,” Lennon hated speaking for the others, but he was never opposed to another companion except whoever slept with Ali, and who was to know if she even intended to stay long? He definitely wouldn’t mind if so. ”I’m sure you’ll like my companions, and I have no doubt they’ll like you.” Again, her eyes struck him like he was being hypnotized that he, again, had to pull himself out of; not wanting to stare.
living is easy with eyes
closed
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
Xahi blinked in surprise. She at first was hesitant, but after she caught him staring into her eyes once more, she decided that he really was trustworthy. The rational part of Xahi told her to reject his offer, as this was a big step and she had only just arrived here with intentions of learning the territory. The other side of Xahi said that this is what she had come here for. To meet others and join a pack, and, who knew? This little band could become a pack. 
     Xahi looked down at the ground, contemplating for a moment more. She then repeated the exact words she had used earlier. "To hell with it." Xahi stood up, gazing at Lennon. She had been alone way too long, so she was going to join them. "I don't know for how long, but...yes. Yes, I would like to join you, as long as your companions won't mind." Xahi dipped her head to the male, before smiling at him with a rare sincerity.

OOC: Okay, first of all, what's the mycode for OOC, its not displayed correctly in the guide I don't think. Second, I know this is super out of character for Xahi, but I feel like after being alone for so long, she would accept. Her reserved personality will probably show more later. I'm excited to see where this goes ;)
~ X A H I ~
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
I totally get it - no worries! Lennon’s been acting a little different lately too with recent events, it’s more realistic to have a different side come out time to time!

Her response filled Lennon with glee, he was so elated to have added another companion to their little group - a pretty one at that. Xahi’s genuine smile only intensified his joy, ”Brilliant!” He announced, happily. If he wasn’t injured, Lennon would’ve done a small jump. It was always a good moment to find someone you connect with so easily, he believed the two already held a bond and that it was evident to both of them. ”Follow me, I’ll introduce you to my companions, their name are Korei and Alarian.” Lennon truly hoped they would be as welcoming to her as they’d been to strangers in the past. In fact, if they really liked her he might feel like he accomplished something. With that, the cheerful male trotted with a limp back towards the lair, glancing behind him at the alluring wolfess and flashing a famous Lennon smile.
living is easy with eyes
closed
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
Xahi, for the first time in a long time, laughed at the boy's response, before following him through the forest. *The End*
~ X A H I ~