Blacktail Deer Plateau i've been thinking 'bout ya lately
"Once you've met someone you never really forget them.
131 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
This is for the Streiters but it's definitely AW!

Maybe, to some degree, Sorrel felt guilty. It wasn't a secret that a few of their wolves were under a modified qurantine and the poor girl couldn't help but wonder if it had been her fault, even in part. It seemed as though her own speedy recovery had marked the demise of everyone else in the pack (as if she needed anymore reason to feel like more of a burden).

The sun was beginning to set; soon the sky would be filled with twinkling lights, the moon shining from her proper seat in the heavens. Sorrel wondered if a bit of stargazing might help to take her mind off of her worldly worries. Astronomy (and further, astrology) had been things that Maman stressed the importance of during their time together, but Sorrel had forgotten most of it until she needed it most.
"I'm dreaming! I'm dreaming!"
Chihiro, "Spirited Away" (2001)
Family is not an important thing. It is everything.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
The pack was plagued with a horrid sickness and Sylvas did what he could to ensure their safety during these hard times. Whilst the healers tended to those that were in need, the brunette man had made sure to boost the patrols at the borders. Though, it wasn't just the borders that were being monitored more frequently, for Sylvas and those who were still in good health had continued to maintain the pack's many caches, restocking them daily as much as they could.

Scratching and patting softly at the ground, Syl could be seen burying the remains of one of his recent catches, tucking it carefully away into one of their scattered storage holds. Once finished, the brute shook himself off and glanced around the darkness, fiery eyes peering up at the faint specks of stars that began to slowly decorate the night sky. The brute admired their beauty for only a moment before deciding to move on and make his way toward the dens, but as he made his way through the platue, a lone figure caught his eye. 

Silently the man approached the girl, watching as she sat starring up at the heavens. Carefully, Syl placed himself beside Sorrel and cast his own gaze skyward, "They certainly are beautiful." He said as he offered his daughter a smile.
131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel gasped upon realizing she was no longer alone, though she was quick to settle into Sylvas's presence. She cuddled up to him, forcing herself against his side and givign a forceful nudge to his chin. You know them? she asked, wondering if he shared the same affinity for the stars. 

The heavens had been Sorrel's guide for much of her time spent travelling. They never lied or tried to deceive her with frilly words; the stars had always been true, guiding Sorrel back home in due time.
Family is not an important thing. It is everything.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
A smile graced the mercenary's lips as his daughter cuddled against him and then nudged his chin. Syl knew he would never get back all their lost time and with this blessed second chance, he embraced every moment he got to spend with her. 

The father didn't know much about his daughter's interests and Syl's ears twitched forward at her question. He smiled slightly and nuzzled her head softly, "I know some of them." He replied, fiery amber eyes glancing skyward as he continued on, "My father - your grandfather - was an Astronomer. He used to teach your aunt Sybella and me about them when we were pups." The man said as he gradually licked at his muzzle and glanced back to Sorrel with a warm smile.

Turning to the heavens, Sylvas tilted his head and searched the deep blue and purple painted sky, "Do you see those four stars that shine at each corner over there -with three aligned in the centre of them?" He asked curiously, head lowering as he brought his stare back to look at Sorrel, [b]"That's the constellation of Orion, a once great hunter."[/b]
Sorry for the late and sucky mobile post :(
131 Posts
Ooc —
In fact, Sorrel did know about Orion. It was one of the first constellations she'd ever learned about, though she would never admit this to her father. He felt good passing on his knowledge, so she would let him continue on. Besides, sitting down like this was a nice refresher to much of the knowledge she'd lost with time. 

On another note, being a hunter didn't sound too shabby. Sorrel hadn't thought much about trades because for a long time, she hadn't needed to. Spring was coming soon, though, and she knew that because she was finally in good health again, Grayday would be expecting more from her. Hunt with me? she asked of her father, Tomorrow? It would be a nice exercise for the two of them to go looking for breakfast together, Sorrel thought.

What's that? she asked, turning her head away from Sylvas and back toward the sky.