Alpine Lake I don't have to pick a fight, all I have to say is bless your heart
15 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
She grinned as she looked out over the peaceful lake. It was calm as a sleeping pup. Swishing her tail, she bent down and drew a long drink of the icy, refreshing liquid. She could get used to this. With water still dripping from her maw, she started around the lake, the wind rustling her fur. She murmured to herself as she trotted, her ears pricked forward. Wonder what kind of wolves are over here. She had never been this far west in this territory, and the sense of excitement sent a shiver down her spine. The crunch of the snow beneath her feet kept time to her heart as she smiled. Scanning the horizon, she wondered what adventures lie ahead.
3 Posts
Ooc — Kal

As time went on, the lake and the surrounding mountains grew darker and colder. Large, cream-colored paws crunched through the snow, while more snow began to accumulate on her back. Shaking the fine powder away, Kallik gave a huff, the air coming out as steam, a cloud of white against the darkness. Sharp green eyes scoured across the landscape - there, the shape of a wolf, trotting onwards through the snow. If Kallik had seen the stranger, cloaked in monochrome, then surely the stranger had seen her. From above, Kallik was like a lone flame, contrasting sharply against the base of the snowy mountain. Huffing again, Kallik shook her head and slunk down towards the water, ear pricked for the noise of an approaching wolf, should the stranger be curious.
15 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
The sun set low on the horizon, the colors fading into the darkness as she trotted along the water's edge. Picking up, the wind felt icy as her eyes landed on another wolf. She stood out slightly, even in the oncoming night. A small smile rested on her face as she looked for signs of aggression. Seeing none, she slowly approached, her eyes adjusting easily. Ears still turned forward, her tail swished slightly, the thought of a conversation relaxing her. The wolfess was marked beautifully as she went to the water. Stopping a ways from her, she chuffed in a friendly manner, making sure to keep her stance relaxed and nonthreatening. Hey there. Haven't seen a wolf in a while. It's good to see another. Name's Ryple. Her voice was quiet, as if raising it would break the peaceful night.
3 Posts
Ooc — Kal

Of course, the first wolf Kallik had seen in months wanted to talk to her. She sighed inwardly, watching the stranger approach. Scent told her it was another female. The red woman relaxed, if only somewhat. Once there was a healthy distance between the two females, the paler one greeted her quietly. Kallik's sharp gaze studied the other wolf carefully before she, too, spoke. "Greetings," she said, voice rough from lack of use. "Ryple? Like water," Kallik mused, turning her gaze to the water. Near her paw lay a small stone, and she flicked it into the lake, causing ripples to form on the surface. It amused her, oddly enough, and she snorted quietly. "Hmm. I'm Kallik. I was told it means 'bear'. Perhaps my mother was blind." She snickered to herself.
15 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Noticing the wolfess relax a bit, she smiled to herself. This one seemed to keep to herself, if a scoping look thrown her way was a sign. Her voice, like gravel, emerged from her throat, and a thoughtful look crossed her face. How long had this one been alone? Keeping quiet, her eyes sparkled as she compared her name to the water. She watched as the stone arced in the air, then landed with a soft plop into the lake, sinking into its depths. The laugh of sorts surprised Ryple, causing her to lift her brow for a moment before studying this other wolfess, her ears flicked forward as she continued to listen. Kallik. Nice strong name. 
Her grin spread at the meaning of it, no ill will toward the other. Ryple...My mother called me that because I was the runt, but I always knew how to stir up trouble. Her eyes grew soft as she thought of her mother and spoke again fondly. She always said the smallest ripple could make the biggest changes. Her laugh was bittersweet as she shook her head. Then again, she always was philosophical. I took more after my father...practical.
Moving her tail from side to side, she tilted her head as she looked over the female. The mother wasn't as blind as the wolfess was wont to admit. Strong muscles, sturdy frame...But she said nothing on how she looked, knowing that she didn't want to start a fight. Flicking her ears, a touch of amusement passed his eyes. Sturdy name. I like it. Where are you headed, Kallick? Almost completely relaxed now, she sat down and sat in silence, waiting for an answer.
3 Posts
Ooc — Kal

Perhaps she had been alone for too long, but Kallik found herself... relaxed, talking to the other female. No doubt it was due to Ryple's calm, lax nature. It felt nice, Kallik thought, to not have to be so on edge of strangers. The longer the two spoke, the more tension began to leave her body. She sat, silent, vibrant green eyes looking out at the water, listening as Ryple spoke of her own mother, and being the runt. There was always a runt in the litter, it wasn't an intrinsically bad thing. It was just Nature's way. Kallik's brother, Kers, had been the runt. The poor child. Kallik's gaze hardened as memories threatened to overtake her, and she shook out her pelt, turning to face Ryple.

"Well, your mother was right, but I understand practicality." Kallik had always been.... studious. Cautious, even, and very pragmatic. "And I uh, I like your name, too," the red woman offered, somewhat flustered and embarrassed at the compliment.  "I'm... not sure where I'm headed. I don't know the area - I was just drawn to the water, I suppose."
15 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
A nice conversation. She grinned lopsidedly as she watched the female relax a bit more as the minutes ticked by. She liked this...the conversation, the company, the peaceful lake and quiet skies. It was as if time had stopped to give her moment's peace.
But as she stopped speaking, the moments drew out, and her company tensed before shaking her coat out and turning to her. Her eyes watched her closely. She didn't think she would attack, but she had moved quickly. The female started talking, and Ryple relaxed again. 
Her eyes lit up as the wolfess spoke positively of her name and smiled at the almost flustered look on her face. Apparently, not many complimented others anymore. Pity. Her ears flicked forward, and she wagged her tail, lightly beating the snow. Wail, I'm not sure what's south of here or north. I'm relatively new to the area myseylf. But I've been east. A nasty looking mountain range, a creek here and there, and wide open spaces. I've seen some wolves, but have avoided them for the most part. Why, she had no idea. She loved company, but the past week or so, the stillness of the air was a comfort.