Dawnlark Plains Don't let friends get lonely. Keep disturbing them
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 
Aviana had known the puppies were born, and she did her best to steer clear of the densite, fearing the wrath of the mother. She knew that new mothers were extra protective, and she didn't want to cross the very strong boundaries that were set. She also knew, however, that @Catori would need nourishment to feed the newest members of the pack. She had spend the morning hunting, which she apparently needed to relearn how to do in the plains. 

After hours, she was finally successful, and a plumb hare hung from her jaws. Her paws crunched the snow with every footfall, and she froze when she realized she was close to the densite. She dropped the hare in the snow as her ears flicked, trying to pick up any noise coming from the den. Catori? she called out. She kept her voice soft, hoping not to wake the pups, or anger the new mother.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —
Hehehe  gotta tag Spiritwalker since Cat's name was already taken ;) 

For Aviana by the time she had joined Cat's watch party, the laboring woman was already so far in the thick of things she hadn't even noticed. It was a pity, in a sense, as she was fond of the woman and would have appreciated the show of support. When Aviana approached the densite Catori was just watching the children, particularly her daughter, who had wiggled along her front leg until she was partially escaped from her brothers. The sound of her name brought her quickly from her reverie, head lifting towards the entrance of her whelping den.

"Can you see them from there?" Catori asked curiously, it wasn't an invitation exactly, but, she trusted the woman and wasn't going to mind if she hovered by the entrance for a bit. Cat almost considered turning a bit to let her see - just a glimpse was alright, right? The new mother, though exhausted, was overjoyed and full of pride. She was eager for the moments when her babies could see and hear her - and then start rolling properly bond with their family. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Doh! I'm so sorry. What a brainfart!

Aviana hadn't been offended that the new mother hadn't noticed her. Catori was obviously wrapped up in more important things, like her newborn babies. Aviana hoped she would be so lucky one day. This was her fifth spring in this world, and she knew she wouldn't be able to bare babies for much longer. But, if she could live vicariously through Catori, she'd be happy enough.

Her tail wagged quickly at her hocks when Catori's voice fluttered through the den and to Aviana's ears. She took it as an invitation to look, though not to go in, of course. She stepped over the hare and lifted her head enough to see down into the den. It took her eyes a moment to adjust, but when they did, her expression was a mixture of fascination and awe. Catori... They're beautiful, she said softly. They looked healthy, too, she thought to herself. 

Speaking of health, I brought you something to eat, she said, glancing back to the hare before her gaze found Catori. I can leave it here at the entrance, or roll it down to you, she offered. If she did it softly enough, Catori could catch it before it got to the pups.
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori beamed; of course she was entirely biased and she felt like there was simply no answer other than of course they are. Instead she ate a bit of humble pie and said a quick "Thank you," instead. She could purely only think of her children as perfect even in these sweet infantile stages. She hadn't gotten tired of their constant need to eat or to be cleaned. She was happy. "Oh! That's really kind of you." Catori didn't think the pack would let her starve after all but it still was something she appreciated when someone outside her immediate family brought meals to her. That meant they cared, right? "Um. If...you wanna try chucking it in." She chuckled at the idea, carefully lifting @Kasatka to bring her closer towards her chest so that she didn't have a chance of getting hit. 

Well. Less of a chance of getting hit. 

Hopefully she couldn't get hit? She could catch a hare. 

"So what's going on in the outside world?" The new mother asked, curious what was happening outside the tiny walls of her whelping den. It was all fine and well that the kids were her primary source of entertainment but then she had no clue what was happening past her little hovel of the pack beyond what she was told. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
i want more berries, and that warm summer feeling
104 Posts
Ooc — (✿ ͡◕ ᴗ◕)つ━━✫・*。
cameo!  don't wait up for me.

she was still not aware of much —  her eyes remained closed and she was still deaf to the world, but when she was lifted into the air her feeble legs splayed out in any direction and she gave a startled squeal.

Didn't have a dime but I always had a vision
Always had high, high hopes
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her tail wagged as Catori responded, glad to hear there was no anger in her voice. She didn't go any further than it took to get a glimpse of the puppies until the new mother gave her consent to toss the rabbit down the hole. With her nose, she nudged it inch by inch until gravity began to do its work. The rabbit rolled slowly down the hole of the den, and Aviana watched it with trepidation. She dearly hoped it wouldn't strike one of the pups.

She turned her body adjacent to the entrance of the den so that she wasn't blocking Catori from looking out, though she kept her head near the opening so she hear her talk. Oh, not a whole lot, she said, glad she could be honest about that. As far as she knew, everything had been hunky dorey since they moved the pack to its new location. It's a change, going from forest to plains, but I really like that I get to see the sunsets better. They're beautiful. Aviana was glad she could find positive things about their new home. She didn't want to be negative or ungrateful. 

She tried to think of anything else that was going on. Oh, I spent a little time with Shale, she admitted. He's really nice. Even helped me pick a spot for my new den, she said. She had no idea that Shale and Pema were an almost-thing. But, she did find her mind drifting back to the male often.