Dawnlark Plains we can stop by corsin if there's time
sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
What an exhausting day! She'd gathered herbs, which had left her paws numb from digging through the snow and frozen dirt. Then she'd tried to get her blood pumping with a small hunt, but she'd been too clumsy with her frozen limbs, and the rabbits had all gotten past her jaws. Now she was brusied, dirty, and incredibly tired - the girl laid with her head on her paws a good ways off from Lavender Hill and the birthing den. Far enough not to be chased away, but close enough to be at any packmember's beck and call.

All she really wanted though, was a bit of a nap and some willing sympathy. It was hard being part of a pack instead of just her family's daughter. She wanted to make everyone proud, but at the same time, she just wasn't sure she was cut out for all this work.
Maybe @Sunny, if you have time? I know you are busy lately so no pressure <3
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny had been keeping track of how Skraeling was settling in and he noticed how hard she worked. He had walked off to do a patrol while she had begun to hunt, making sure he wasn't sighted. After he finished he went to the caches and grabbed a nice piece of leftover deer meat, carrying it through thw territory while scenting for her. 

When he found her he dropped the meat in front of her paws and nudged it toward her. "Eat up, you deserve it" he said with a smile. He noticed how exhausted she looked and lay down a couple of feet in front of her, giving her a sympathetic look, his eyes softening. "You don't have to prove yourself all at once, Rae. Hunt, patrol, practice with Pema. Do enough that it counts but not so much that you work yoursef to exhaustion" he said gently, hoping he wasn't being impolite or anything by mentioning her tired state.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Rae needed no convincing; she was used to food being dropped in front of her, even if she'd done a lot more hunting for herself in recent months. The girl was famished, and after all, she needed to take in food in order to spend energy for the pack.

"Thanks, Sunny," she said after scarfing down most of the meat. The last morsel had been saved for him, and she nudged it toward him with a flick of her nose and a gentle whisk of her tail. "I just don't want to disappoint you guys," she explained, a tiny huff of frustration escaping her. "But learning things is a lot more hard work than I thought."

This whole time, she'd remained lying on her belly, unable to muster the energy to rise. She looked scruffy and defeated on the ground.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny took the meat gratefully and are it while she spoke, cleaning his maw with a swipe of his tongue before offering a warm smile "Your hard work is anything but disappointing. In fact it's impressive." he said with a thump of his tail. The defeated look on her face made him sad and he wondered if he and the pack might be overworking her.

Scooting forward he nosed his muzzle beneath her chin and raised her head, pulling back with a lopsided but friendly smile "Keep your chin up Rae. You will be a Morningsider, so long as you can do the basics. Learning medicine from Pema doesn't need to be done in a few days. It can be worked on even after you've officially joined." he soothed her or attempted to, his fiery eyes meeting hers with earnest intention.

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Cool green met bright orange for a moment. Rae thumped her tail on the ground and leaned toward her friend. "I know," she admitted with a little sigh. It was just that she wanted to get all this work out of the way so she could have fun already! But maybe she just needed to parse out her time into both pursuits.

"Will you keep me company?" she asked, blinking up at the older boy. "I don't know if I can do anything but lay here, but it would be nice to have a friend. If you're not too busy, of course!" She didn't want to keep him from any important duties, but she had missed him during her day of Hard Work.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
She was so sweet and Sunny wasn't the firmest of wolves, so when she asked for his company he caved in and nodded. He moved beside her so their fur was barely touching and gave her a gentle nuzzle to the side of her cheek. " 'Course I'll keep you company. I have no problem just laying here and chatting." he said with a smile and leaned onto his side to get more comfortable. He softened even further as it occurred to him that she really hadn't done anything other than work for days. "Tell you what, once you're rested up you can have a day's break. Explore the territory with me, meet  of the others, eat and rest. Have some fun...just relax." he suggested with a slow smile.

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Skraeling had no sense of personal space. When Sunny laid beside her, she rolled to her side so they were pressed together, and then gave a happy wiggle when she realized how nice it felt. "That would be great!" she said with a wide-eyed look. Was Sunny really going to spend the whole day with her? She wanted to tell him that he didn't have to, but she also didn't want him to change his mind, so she just kept quiet on that front.

Instead, she thought to ask a little more about him. "Who do you usually hang out with?" she asked, wondering if they would be jealous that he was going to hang out with her instead. She didn't want that, but she also wasn't about to give up her time with him. Maybe they could all be friends!
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He gave a small laugh at her excitement, somewhat confused as to why spending the day with him was such an exciting thing to her. He wasnt anything special really, was he? Despite the confusion it made a warm feeling settle into his chest, the fact that a beautiful woman wanted him around so much amd the fact that it was a beautiful woman friend made it even better. 

The immediate response to her question was [i]"Um...Nobody"[/b] but that would probably lessen his cool factor so he thought hard about who he saw around the most. "Aliac is a sweetheart, i've spent some time with her. Dad and Shale too. Then I usually check up on Cat. Easy and me have bonded some" he answered and shrugged, giving a small laugh. "I guess i dont really have any set friends. I try to be close and familiar with everyone. But...it would be nice to have some closer friends." he admitted hesitantly, borderline admitting that he didnt really feel close to anyone quite yet. Aliac was nearly there, he found her to be quite pleasant and sweet, her company was enjoyable.

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Nice! The first name he mentioned was one that she knew, and luckily, she agreed wholeheartedly with his outlook on the older girl. "I love Aliac!" she burst out, giving her tail a happy wag. She wiggled onto her back and pawed at Sunny's face in playful ecstasy. They had sooo much in common. Skraeling really wanted to make friends with everyone else as well, but after a moment, she realized that his answers were all sort of half-hearted, and an idea struck her.

Maybe she would be his best friend. It seemed silly to think of such a thing - he had been here for so long, and she was only just new. Surely he'd have others he wanted to hang out with more? But it didn't seem like it, and Skraeling was eager to insinuate herself into this strangely empty space.

"We can be close friends!" she suggested, wiggling a bit closer to demonstrate this and attacking his chin with happy kisses.. She'd never been one for subtlty, after all.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
"Me too" he said with a grin and then blanched. He blushed and floundered for a few moments "I mean uh..like a friend kind of love, not like..mate lo-" his awkward explanation was cut off as she began to paw at his face. He laughed and nipped gently at each paw as it came at him, before grabbing one and giving it a playful squeeze. Glad to be distracted from his word goof, he rolled into her and gave her a sloppy lick to the nose before rolling away again.

Her enthusiastic suggestion was met with a bright smile, he opened his maw to reply but suddenly there were kisses and she was all over him. He blushed furiously and gave a low groan, rolling onto his back and pawing at her, bopping her snoot with a large paw. "With all those kisses it seems like you want to be more" he teased, one of his rare moments of quick wit bursting from his mouth.

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
"I think you liiiike her," Skrae teased, attempting to catch one of his ears between her teeth, now. He was onto her, though, and pinned her head down with a paw on her cheek.

Skraeling grinned up at him, her expression sheepish.

"We can kiss and be friends," she suggested guilelessly, turning her head to nuzzle his paw. "I like kissing you."
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny's face grew got with a rush of warmth as she teased him and he opened his mouth, about to protest when he simply released a half chuckle in a breath of air. "Perhaps" he admitted hesitantly.

The way she grinned at him and the words she spoke brought in aa sudden rush of pure boyish hormones and he looked down at her with a shy sort of heat and lowered his maw, brushing it along her cheeks and placing a kiss to her chin. "I like your kisses Rae." he murmured softly, unsure what this fluttering nervous sort of excited feeling was in his belly.

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Skraeling giggled at his admission - it had been easy to see. She was willing to be that Aliac liked him back. He was so nice and big and handsome that it just wouldn't make sense for her not to.

When he said that he liked her kisses, Skraeling was instantly interested in getting some for herself. She shifted up to lay her head back over his forelegs, tilting her face up to him as if to say, now me.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Maybe it was the breeding season, maybe it was just Rae but Sunny already knew he was attracted to her. The way she giggled and placed her chin across his paws, asking silently for kisses made his heart race. That face! it was so cute and sweet he couldn't deny her even if he had wanted to. Sunny lowered his muzzle and licked her gently across the nose. He nudged her beneath the chin and lifted her head up, kissing her maw and then placing quick small kisses along both sides of her jaw. "I think I like you too Rae" he said looking at her shyly. "I mean...I know we kinda just met and all but..you're really sweet and cute and beautiful. I really enjoy your company" he said with a nervous wag of his tail.

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Wow! The first boy she met outside of family was already kissing her! And he was a good kisser, too. Skrae didn't have much to go on, of course, but his touch made her heart beat fast and her body all wiggling and her legs and springy and light. She felt as though she could run for miles once more when, only moments ago, she had been worried she might just sleep for weeks.

"Well I'm a very likeable wolf," she replied, more comfortable joking with him now that her guard was down. A moment later, though, she realized what he meant. He like-liked her. Him? Liking her?

"Wow, Sunny," she said with a nervous wag of her tail. "I think I like you, too." She certainly liked his kisses.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny chuckled softly as she wiggled, his breath blowing against her fur before he leaned back and laid down beside her. She hadn't seemed to get what he meant by like, but he wasn't one to clarify any more especially since he felt so awkward and unsure of himself. 

Then all of a sudden she got a look of recognition on her face and he froze, heart beating rapidly. When she said she liked him to , or at least thought so his heart skipped a beat and he grinned. "Well. .thats great! We can take it slow...just be how we are now and when we are sure, well..we'll see what happens?" he suggested not wanting to rush through anything or make her uncomfortable.

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
He didn't want to rush into being mates or anything, but that was fine with Skraeling. All she wanted was to spend time with him and cuddle and kiss. She could already tell that they would be great friends.

Okay," she agreed, tail wheeling in idle pleasure. She tucked her body against his and buried her face in her fur, glad to already have made such a good friend. He made her feel very safe and warm, and consequently, she was soon snoring softly into his side.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
She agreed and he smiled warmly, happy to have stumbled upon her and happy to have her here with him. As she curled up into his side he looked down at her, a warm feeling settling in his chest as she promptly fell asleep. As her breath blew warmth against his side he curled slightly and lay his chin across her back, protecting and snuggling her with his body. He wanted her to stay so so badly, he hoped she would get the approval she needed and deserved. Sunny closed his eyes and breathed in her scent deciding to stay here with her until she woke up again. As time passed however, he ended up falling into a deep and peaceful sleep as well.

Archive? God this is one of my favorite ships. Pure cuteness.