Blackfeather Woods stupid excitement
12 Posts
Ooc — Fira
All Welcome 
Kalina is NOT trespassing! She is at the border! Kalina is a semi-HCM character. Minor PP is OK; Major PP is OK but NO maiming/killing! Let's see how this goes!

Kalina had traveled farther into this new land, past the mesa, and now she was pacing back and forth along the border of what clearly smelled like a wolf pack’s territory. Wolf urine overwhelmed her senses and excited her in a kind of crazy way. She wondered what would happen if she yip-howled for someone. Would the whole pack come bearing down on her? Would they think she was here to steal food from them or something? Why did wolves always assume the worst about their smaller, more agile, better-in-every-way cousins? Not all coyotes wanted to steal food from wolves. In fact, any smart coyote could hunt well enough for themselves and didn’t need a pack to bring down prey. Being smaller had its advantages—like not having to hunt a whole deer in order to survive. Rabbits were enough where Kalina was from.

Kalina continued pacing along the border, too scared to push beyond the scent of piss and too stupid to leave the foreboding trees behind. She looked half-crazed, agitated, wondering what to do now that she’d found her first real pack. Indecision left her restless, always, so she continued moving her legs to give herself something to do. What would she do if anyone came to say hello—or to chase her off, more like? What was she hoping to accomplish here? She’d never know the answer to that ’til she let it happen. So she simply continued pacing, waiting.
Kalina is semi-Hardcore Mode! See her profile (at the bottom) for more details.
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Shivali does not spend a lot of time on the borders. Since her attack, and her time with Kove, she’s felt more comfortable within the territory. But she knows their numbers are small and they have puppies to protect—will her own be added to the mix now?—and she’s grown fond of a few that reside. The pale mother is kind, and let’s her around the puppies. Occasionally, she gets to watch them on her own and she’s overwhelmed by their tiny presence.

She’d be lying if she says she doesn’t notice a difference in her own body and for now she can blame it on the current little family in the glen.

As the day goes on, and Shivali spends a little time on the borders, her nose twitches at the smell of something lingering ahead. A coyote offers little threat to her—they’re not so common in the north—but it doesn’t stop her instincts to drive it away. The thriving, scavenging canines will not be welcome, and she continues to purpose until the golden thing is in sight and her teeth shine, lips curling up to show the death sentence waiting for the straggler.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
12 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Immediately, Kalina’s temper rose. The moment the wolf who had approached her showed her teeth, the coyote’s whole body puffed up in response. “What the hell kind of greeting is that?” she demanded. “I am not trespassing, I am not stealing your food. I’m just standing here. Put your teeth away, wolf!” Kalina was asking for an ass-whooping but she was too pissed to care. “What if I just came by to say hello, hmm?” Actually she didn’t know why she’d come here at all, but her bitchy cousin wolf didn’t need to know that. She stood tall facing the white female, brown eyes challenging. As of now, it was still a fair fight. One on one. If anyone else showed up she’d probably skedaddle but for now… for now she was too angry to think clearly. This had gotten her in trouble before, but she hadn’t died yet.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
For the quest "Follow the Yellow Brick Road"

There was shouting and the sort of familiar scent of coyote in the usual peaceful woods. That was no good sign. If anything, it was a sign that she must come to the borders directly, feeling quite dominant as the daughter of the Dark Master and one of the longer-lasting blackfeather wolves. Her speckled legs carried her forward towards their borders, and she saw there a sight she'd rather not have seen.

Then we would still chase you away. She answered the question with a serious expression, head held high and quite regal. The white ghost at her side, she felt empowered. Go - or we will make sure you can never leave again.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
As she hones in on the creature, she shouts back, but Shivali doesn’t break her concentration to try and figure out what the other is saying—or to offer any insight that she doesn’t understand the language—and so she pursues slowly. She gives her a chance to decide to leave all in one piece. She is not afraid of a tiny thing like this but the less damage she can do to herself is always preferred, but if it is required it won’t stop her. There’s no obvious sign of the coyote’s band nearby but she has no intention of offering them a friendly out when this is their territory.

When another shows up, Shivali offers her a single glance. The way she bitch holds herself causes her eyes to narrow. She thinks of Relyma and her display. She isn’t very high in the hierarchy but she doesn’t give herself time to consider but perhaps later she’ll give it a second thought.

The other, someone she thinks is Kove’s daughter, speaks up and addresses the lesser canine. Her slower and stern words make it easier to understand by with the context she can piece it together. “Pinnik,” she growls toward the girl, assuming she speaks the same tongue as her father, and her attention refocuses on the coyote and she zeros in, lifting one paw in preparation to charge.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
12 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Another wolf showed up and now the match would be uneven. Feeling she was pushing her luck, Kalina took a few steps back from the both of them despite already being many feet away. Still, a righteous anger burned within her, that she was right and they were wrong. She began pacing again, but kept her head swinging between the two of them, ready to bolt with all of the speed her tiny body could muster if they actually charged her. She noticed that the white one had lifted a paw to prepare for the chase and skipped back another few steps. “You wolves,” she called out, “you’re all the same! Stupid, arrogant creatures, believing every tale you’ve ever heard about your smaller cousins! Wise up!” This last she downright shouted and then turned tail and fled, unable to stand being near these two any longer.
Exit unless stopped. Characters may chase and/or harm her. No broken bones/maiming or anything that makes travel impossible.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Lowering her muzzle, she saw the wretched being still on their borders. She looked at the white ghost as she spoke. Inuttut, she recognized, just like her father. Luckily she recognized the simple word. Kill. That seemed rather brute, but if it was the only thing to do then so be it.

Chusi followed the other's movement, also beginning to get ready to charge, but it seemed the coyote was more cowardly than Nyx had expected. How boring, how disgusting. Ullak! She called. They couldn't afford the other getting its friends.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Does not matter to me if she runs off.

The drive pushes her forward. The word of her mother tongue gives her another surge. For a brief moment (aside from the black wolf from the corner of her gaze), she might as well be home. It doesn’t matter what is on their borders, if it is not prey, it is not welcome, and it keeps her feet moving with thunderous applause left behind. If she gets close enough to snap her teeth against flesh, she takes what she can get, but does not slow down until the rodent of a canine is out of sight.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
12 Posts
Ooc — Fira
I rolled a 15 out of a 1d20 roll for how well Kalina avoids injury (I tagged you guys on Discord)

Kalina yelped in that high-pitched way only coyotes can when she felt teeth grazing her backside. She put on a burst of speed and avoided the brunt of the bite but still, there was a burning-stinging sensation that had not been there a moment ago. Her spit-fire personality told her to turn around and bite back, but her instincts here were too strong. She’d pissed off two wolves, and she was outmatched. Hoping they’d be satisfied with that small injury, she just kept sprinting, panting hard to cool her body, praying she could get far away and that they would not keep chasing her.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She squinted slightly, keeping up with her fellow chaser and the one being chased effortlessly but not finding the yelp the coyote let out all that pleasing to the ears. She was not one to judge by species at all, but she had had enough of coyotes. It would take a really nice one for her to ever change her judgement on the creatures. She was determined to chase it as far as they could go, but who knew when her packmate would get tired of their chase.
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Eventually, the coyote gets away from them. She’d snapped a few times at the creature but got nothing more than tufts of her and maybe skin. No blood. She slows her chase into an easy trot, ultimately coming to a standstill. She exchanges looks with Astrid should she have stopped and turned around but the woman doesn’t linger, too tired to continue, and turns around back into the forest to find somewhere to rest.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads