Broken Boulder Taurus man, we don't let shit go
65 Posts
Ooc — Guillotina
Steele

Guillotina was bored. She looked for Milton but wasn't sure where he was. She had heard some ducks quacking in the pond near the garden and decided she wanted to eat one.

the ducks had other ideas. They did not want her to eat them and swam away every time she got close. On even flew away with a lot of unnecessary honking and flapping. Guillotina growled as it flew away. She didn't want to get her feet wet or dirty but boy she was really hungry.
142 Posts
Ooc —
The day had started a little late for Steele as he had just woken up and headed out to find a fresh meal. He stretched his legs as he trotted out to the outskirts of the border, off to his usual hunting place. Out of the corner of his eyes he spotted the white female looking in distress about something, his urge to find out why was bigger than his stomach gurgling about food. His paws changed their direction and headed toward her, he had met her before and taught her a little how to hunt, maybe he could be of assistance again.

As he neared the orange eyed female he let out a small bark to let her know he was near. “Is there something I can help you with? You seem upset?” Both were questions in case he was reading her body language wrong. When he was in front of the female just a few feet away he came to a halt and gave a slight dip of his head then remained his gaze. Maybe he could invite her on his late morning hunt, two was usually better than one and meant a bigger prize.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

65 Posts
Ooc — Guillotina
Guillotina WAS upset! She was mad those dumb ducks wouldn't let her eat them. She huffed as they swam in the water and she remained on the bank. No way was she breaking a nail chasing after noisy birds anyway. She hoped they drowned. 

Guillotina smiled as she saw Steele. He looked concerned and she gave him a flirty wink.  "Oh hello Steele." Guillotina called to him sweetly.  "Just looking for some breakfast that won't swim away from ya."
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele gave a small smile to her and then chuckled when she said that she was looking for some breakfast.. ones that don’t swim away. He thought for a moment about where they could find some good breakfast, ones that don’t swim away and maybe they would have a shot at getting a bigger target. 

A light bulb went off in his head and then he opened his mouth to talk.” I know a place we can get some good food, some bird or some deer, maybe even an elk baby if we try.” Elk calf was always harder to catch but Steele was always up for the task and ready to eat anything. He knew Guillotina liked birds and if that’s what she wanted then they could both try to get one. But the elk calf could be a good meal for them both, but he gave her the choice as he used his tail to signal for her to follow.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

65 Posts
Ooc — Guillotina
Guillotina liked that Steele took the lead. She wasn't always very creative about getting her meals unless it involved getting other people to do her work for her. She was very creative about that but she wasn't very good at hunting. It was too dangerous for her good looks and really that was all Guillotina had going for her most days. Especially on account of her personality being like a crusty pillow some days. 

Guillotina nodded and then she followed Steele. Elk sounded good provided she didn't get clobbered in the head again.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele trekked to the outskirts of the territory along the way sniffing out the scent trail. He stopped behind a few bushes and peeked his eyes through a tiny hole. Through this hole he sees a small herd of elk, two of which have fresh calves just merely hours old. They were still up and suckling from their mother though and could possibly run but not as graceful or as fast as the full grown or days old calves. 

Steele looked back at Guillotina, they would first have to make a game plan, this hunt is unpredictable and could go anyway. “ There are two baby calves, ones a bit more wobbly than the other, we will go for that one. The mother could either stay and fight us or she’ll run for her life and leave the baby to run or to die. If the mother stays and fights, abort the mission because you can die with one blow from this elk, if she runs, we go after the baby. Understand?” Steele made sure to be as quiet but as stern as possible, he wanted no one to get hurt but this baby elk.

65 Posts
Ooc — Guillotina
Guillotina was happy to trail behind Steele. She stopped a few times to sniff at stuff he sniffed at, and to watch what he was doing. He knew a lot more about hunting than her, but that was okay, because she at least was pretty and pretty wolves usually didn't have to do much other than stand there and look pretty, which Guillotina was very good at doing.

When Steele stopped and peered behind a bush Guillotina peeked through the.hole with him. Maybe she brushed him a little as she did. Maybe he would notice. Guillotina wasn't shy as she peeked through the bush from under his chin. There was food to be had and she was very excited. "Okay. Got it." Guillotina made her head nod as she watched the two elk calves. 

142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele noticed the brushes but he wasn’t good at noticing emotions, it was his down fall so he thought it maybe an accident.
Okay, I’m gonna move over there “ he motioned with his head to a bush on the other side of the elk herd. “When I go running out and the mom leaves, come out and help me with the baby. If the mom doesn’t leave, flee.” He said as he slinked off toward the bush on the other side.

As he was moving he kept one eye on the herd and the other on where he was headed. They were unaware that they were even there, and that was fine with him. He moved slyly as he stopped at the bush and made sure he was in full view of the wobbly calf, still suckling from its mother. He built up his adrenaline and then finally bolted from the bush, his legs full stride ahead, every part of the herd turned to look and then fleed, even the mother of the calf. That left the calf on the ground because as the mother fleed the teet was ripped from its mouth and it fell. Perfect timing for Guillotina to come out.

65 Posts
Ooc — Guillotina
Guillotina watched as Steele left. She wondered if he had noticed but hadnt said anything. She kept quiet, she was more interested in the food now. 

Steele went in full view. Guilotina thought for sure their chances were ruined so she was surprised when his tactic worked. The herd left in a right tizzy and guillotina bolted out from the Bush after them. She lunged at the baby elk who was still on the ground. Her teeth sank into its neck and she tried to pin it down, but without getting her fur dirty. 

142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele made sure every one of the fully grown elk were gone before he made a 360 turn back to Guillotina and the calf. He made his way to them and then grabbed ahold of another part of the neck. Even though the elk was a baby it was still bigger than them and it would take a few minutes before the baby had succumbed to its wounds. 

It was a few minutes and the baby was slowly stopping breathing, though it was still kicking. Steele had his ears pinned against his skull when he heard stomping nearby, he knew it would only be near minutes before the mom showed back up. “Drag it back past the border, hurry. Don’t look back and keep going.” He said in a huff as he got up and then walked into the woods, he would fend it off until he knew she was safe with the food.

65 Posts
Ooc — Guillotina
Guillotina was really concerned about getting her fur dirty and the elk was not helping things. It did a whole lot of screaming and kicking like any willfull child suddenly having its neck chomped down on was wont to do. Rude really when you considered how carefully GUillotina had styled her hair that morning.

After a bit it stopped kicking and Steele bossed himself at GUillotina which earned him a icy look. Guillotina didnt like being commanded but because she was hungry and eager to fix her upset hair she dragged the elk baby. The going was not too fast because it was as heavy as her if not heavier, because Guillotina was attractively skinny and this elk calf was pudgy on elk milk. Once she dragged it a bit she realized she had gotten dust and blood on her fur and groaned but kept going.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele circled the mother Elk, she was much bigger than he imagined she’d be. He sighed and toyed with her, dodging a few shots from her back legs as she seemed to be getting confused. Just as Steele thought he was being a cunning wolf and going to make a break for it the mother Elk took a swing with her front legs, Steele turned his head just as she did and her hooves scraped down the side of his face. 

Luckily for Steele when he started running the mother had had enough and didn’t feel as though she needed to do more damage. Though he could feel the blood trickling down his face he kept running until he got to the border, where he seen Guillotina and the Elk calf. He took a small breath to calm himself and trotted over to her, he gave a dip of his head in respect. She was small but she did a lot of work. The pack could use the meat and he was glad they had done it together. 

As for now he needed to tend to his wound, so he left the female and the kill to find something to help the small wound and the bleeding.

exiting Steele