Illegitimate
“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Set a week after this thread. Erika thinks she is pregnant.

This morning was a strange one. First thing she did was throw up her dinner, luckily she made it outside of her den before she did so. After expelling the waste from her stomach, she cleaned herself off at the nearest stream. Her thoughts went back to last night, trying to recall if the deer she ate was bad, or if she had gotten sick. But then her stomach growled, which was strange, because usually after you throw up you don't feel like eating anymore.

She had a strong craving for rabbit at the moment, but felt too tired to do so. So she hefted herself up and walked to the communal cave, where she knew that Kaname often put the kills.
"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
LOL Someone else please join, I don't want to do a thread all by myself. XD

Kaname dropped the newest kill onto the pile in the darkest part of the cave. He had two piles now: one fresh and one old, which he would have to get rid of before it started to rot. He started with the largest one, a haunch of a deer, which was already starting to reek. He dug his fangs into the meat gingerly and held it in his mouth, nose wrinkling at the smell.

The newly appointed gamma headed out towards the entrance of the cave, running through his head places where he could dispose of the meat. The crows and vultures should get it, most likely, so he needed a place where they could swoop down easily without being close to the pack's dens.

But, his ears flicked when the sound of rocks tumbling down the mountain met him. He turned towards the sound and snorted when he saw the disfigured Erika climbing towards him. "Hello." he said, muffled by the deer haunch.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
I'll join muahaha

It appeared the black marred female was not the only one who had woken up with a a strange feeling in her belly. Fortunately for Cara it was not sickness but a savage hunger that made her gut churn. The pale female lashed her pink tongue over her nose as a growl erupted from her belly.

The female had been so busy the past few days running around every corner of the mountain, she had barely had time to hunt. Something had the female on edge, she couldn't quite put a name on it but there was something that made the girl's fur bristle when she ran along the borders. A sense of waryness broiled in her insides when she began to pick up a tinge of saltiness near the fine line that divided their territory from the plateu. Something that for the yearling was quite illogical considering there should be no reason for the saltiness particular of the sea to mix with the plateu or the mountains..

While Cara made her way to the caves where the prey was placed in order for all to share, she heard footsteps that betrayed she was not alone.. She didn't pay much attention to who the others were, instead she made a bee-line for the pile, taking a plump rabbit to herself. Taking Erika's sweet treat from the pile.

Then with the creature clutched in her jaw she nodded to both wolves, and padded to a corner to enjoy her meal, close enough to still hear their conversation.
“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
As she scrambled up Tue mountain, feeling awfully tired, she ran into the new Gamma, Kaname. "Bon Matin, Kaname. Good morning." she huffed circling around the dark wolf. In the corner of the cave she saw a familiar white pelt on a petite frame. Cara. She almost let out a growl when she saw that the yearling had nabbed the rabbit on the pile. She had wanted that!

Sighing, she made her way to the pile and sifted through the prey. There was bound to be another rabbit in there.
<font face=verdana><small><FONT SIZE="-2"><FONT COLOR="#7d0000">“</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7e0101">G</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f0202">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f0202">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#800303">'</FONT><FONT COLOR="#810404">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#820505"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#830505">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#830606">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#840707">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#850808">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#860808">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#870909">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#870a0a">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#880b0b">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#890b0b">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8a0c0c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8b0d0d">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8b0e0e">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8c0f0f">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8d0f0f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8e1010">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8e1111">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8f1212">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#901212">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#911313">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#921414"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#921515">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#931515">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#941616">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#951717">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#961818">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#961818">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#971919">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#971919">v</FONT><FONT COLOR="#981c1c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9a1f1f">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9b2222"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#9d2525">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9e2828">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9f2b2b"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a12e2e">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a23131">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a33535">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a53838">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a63b3b">p</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a83e3e"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a94141">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#aa4444">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ac4747">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ad4a4a">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#af4d4d">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b05050">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b15353">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b35656"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#b45959">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b55c5c">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b75f5f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#b86262">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ba6565">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bb6969">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bc6c6c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#be6f6f">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bf7272">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c07575">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c27878">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c37b7b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c57e7e">.</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c58080">”</FONT></FONT></small></font face>
377 Posts
Ooc — ebony
*snicker*

True to his word, he had watched Erika, continuing to pick up her scent along the borders. His suspicions were rearing higher with each passing day, but the madman wished for concrete evidence of her defection before involving Jinx. And so he meandered along his patrol, icewater eyes glowing with a new light.

The network of rocks were Erika's destination, and in turn, Lecter's own. The tang of spoiled meat struck his nostrils, mingled with the scent of fresher kills and the feathery fragrance Cara carried, and he slid into the cool stone tracery to observe, making no move to veil himself from their eyes.
"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The marred wolf greeted him in French, then translating to his, though he got the meaning of the message. He snorted in response, the best he could do without opening his mouth to speak around the rotting garbage in his maw. Running down the slope, he saw a murder of crows circling around a pine tree. Relieved that he wouldn't have to drag the rotting carcass any further, he tossed it a little ways from the mountain.

He climbed up the slope again, deep in his thoughts this time. For a while now, he smelled Erika's scent constantly crossing the border. While Silvertip wolves did leave the territory now and then, none did so as frequently as the Frenchwoman. And sometimes, he would smell a salty tang to her scent. Curious.

Near the cave's opening, he spotted the Beta, Lecter. He bowed his head in respect before moving over to the older wolf's ear. "Have you sensed anything...wrong with Erika lately?" he murmured to the old man.
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
I was requested in here.

Like all of her subordinates, the aggressive Alpha female had noticed Erika's frequent coming and going. Unlike her other subordinates, Jinx had thought very little of it and the salt smell that sometimes followed her home. She was completely unaware that Majesty had set up camp on an island and, having a love of the sea herself, didn't blame Erika for making trips to the coast or other lands. She was considering giving the woman an official scouting mission to find the traitorous dogs, but never did she suspect anything.

She wound through the narrow corridors of the network with ears preened forward for the sound of voices. She could hear them echoing as soft whispers, and a need for socialization presented itself. The Alpha got by quite often on her own, but every now and then she desired the company of her followers, and that was what she sought today.

She stood opposite the hidden Lecter and Kaname, spotting first Cara and then Erika in the gloom of the cave into which she emerged. The yearling was picking a choice rabbit off of Kaname's cache, while Erika was plucking delicately through the gathered corpses. The smell of ripe meat hung on the air, but it didn't bother Jinx in the slightest, given she had eaten carrion when she had first made the journey from Shearwater Bay to these lands.

“Erika,” Jinx rumbled pleasantly, pausing to bump her snout affectionately against Cara's cheek as she strode past. “I have been searching for you. I have a task for you.”
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
this is Cara's reaction to Jinx special request for Erika

The yearling ignored the furtive excahnge of words between the two males, Kaname the rich colored wolf she had met not long ago and the old medic, Lecter, whom Cara had decided to trust but prefered not to cross paths with unless necessary. She had little interest in what they might be consipiring, knowing that if it involved the white senior it would most likely be something she was better off not knowing..

Instead she began ripping the skin off her meal, she placed a paw on top of the small body and using her teeth she began shredding the creature's fluffly coat. Shooting glances to the other female from time to time.

Then as she began to savour the tender meat of the rabbit, a sound of upcoming footsteps made her ears swivel. She turned her face slightly to see her Alpha aproaching; the girl who still had a piece of meat clinging from her mouth and her chin covered in blood, swallowed quickly to give the pure white wolfess a dip of her red tainted snout.

Her ego then dropped when the pack's ruler adressed Erika instead of her, telling her she had an important assignment for her, little the affectionate gesture from the Alpha help the jealous yearling, who narrowed her eyes at the black female.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Erika gave a soft bark of happiness when she saw another rabbit hidden underneath the pile of food. She bit into it, pulling the rabbit from the carcasses, her tail wagging in triumph. She was about to trot over to her own corner of the cave when she saw Madame Jinx approaching.

She dropped the kill and bowed her head respectfully. "Madame." Her head jolted up in surprise when Jinx said she had a task for her. Pourquoi aurait-elle besoin de moi? "Oui? What iz it?"
<font face=verdana><small><FONT SIZE="-2"><FONT COLOR="#7d0000">“</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7e0101">G</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f0202">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f0202">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#800303">'</FONT><FONT COLOR="#810404">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#820505"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#830505">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#830606">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#840707">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#850808">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#860808">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#870909">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#870a0a">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#880b0b">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#890b0b">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8a0c0c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8b0d0d">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8b0e0e">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8c0f0f">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8d0f0f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8e1010">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8e1111">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8f1212">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#901212">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#911313">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#921414"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#921515">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#931515">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#941616">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#951717">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#961818">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#961818">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#971919">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#971919">v</FONT><FONT COLOR="#981c1c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9a1f1f">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9b2222"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#9d2525">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9e2828">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9f2b2b"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a12e2e">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a23131">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a33535">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a53838">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a63b3b">p</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a83e3e"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a94141">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#aa4444">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ac4747">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ad4a4a">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#af4d4d">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b05050">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b15353">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b35656"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#b45959">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b55c5c">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b75f5f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#b86262">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ba6565">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bb6969">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bc6c6c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#be6f6f">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bf7272">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c07575">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c27878">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c37b7b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c57e7e">.</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c58080">”</FONT></FONT></small></font face>
377 Posts
Ooc — ebony
i think it's my turn /can't recall D:

Kaname approached, and Lecter watched him coolly, inclining his head to the assassin. He gave a grunt at the other's words, nodding briefly. Whatever his rejoinder, it was cut down in its infancy by Jinx's arrival, and he gave his mate a low chuff from the shadows. Lecter did not approach her, however, for her focused steps were directed toward Erika, and with a satisfied flick of his tail, he wondered if she had discovered whatever it was the Frenchwoman was hiding.

Cara seemed displeased with the gentility Jinx showed unto Erika, and Lecter, though he hid his own expression, shared the sentiment.
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Yeah, it's your turn. :)

Lecter did not respond, for his mate had entered the cave. The white healer gave a soft chuff to Jinx, while he only gave a nod towards the ivory alpha. She moved towards the skinny black she-wolf, only stopping to bump Cara's face gently. His eyebrows raised. Had she suspected with Erika as well?

He snorted, disappointed that she hadn't. Apparently she had a task for the Frenchwoman. Cara expressed her annoyance openly. The young wolf was ambitious, it was apparent to him and probably everyone else. He only rolled his eyes. There would be other opportunites for rising in the ranks.
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Lmao that gif

The disappointment of all the gathered wolves (in this case, Cara, for she hadn't even seen the other two) went unnoticed by Jinx. The yearling would have her chance to shine, Jinx knew, but right now, the Alpha sought to test Erika's abilities as a potential Outrider.

“I want you to find our traitorous friend,” she said with a wide and toothy grin, having no idea that that "friend" was much more to the dark phantom. She thought Erika would share in her humour. What a rude awakening she would receive. “Find out where he has gone. Tamper with him if you find the time. If not, report back to me. I intend to smash his residence to the ground to remind him that he fucked with the wrong wolves.” Quite literally, in fact.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
haha
The yearling chuffed when the two females continued to talk, she was furious but she tried to hide it when she noticed the other males had seen her childish tantrum when Erika's name had been called. She turned her head from the conversation, but still having one of her ears pointing to their direction, not wanting to miss any word.

When the snow queen explained the task and mentioned Majesty, Cara's eyes narrowed again and hot steamy air blew out of her leatherly nostrils like a mad bull. She also wanted to avenge the brown brute's betrayal! The pale girl could do nothing more but to squirm uncomfortably and try to channel her anger by viciously ripping off the remaining parts of her rabbit's skin and guts.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Quote:"I intend to smash his residence to the ground to remind him that he fucked with the wrong wolves." Quite literally, in fact.
lol. Indeed he did. XD

Erika had to hide her horror. Go spy on her own mate? Why would she do such a thing? But they didn't know that she and Majesty were mated. How would she do this without getting them both in trouble. She opened her mouth to respond but only felt a sudden gurgle in her stomach and acid rising into her throat. For a moment she looked about ready to puke at her alpha's feet, but the acid fell back into her stomach. The Frenchwoman swallowed and looked up at her alpha sullenly. "M-Madame....I do not feel so good....I do not zink zat I could do zis..."
377 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Lecter watched the exchange with bright interest, ears flicked forward toward his mate and the scarred she-wolf, and the counterpoint that was Cara's disbelief and anger, barely veiled behind her pretty features. He remained where he was, however, a smirk curving his lips at Jinx's order and Erika's softly accented demur — she was a true fool if she believed the fire-eyed sylph would merely allow her to refuse a direct command.
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Kaname glared at the black she-wolf as she looked sick, then swallowed whatever bile she spat up. It did not look fake at all, but he wondered. What would make Erika sick like that? He always made sure that there was no carrion in pack territory. What other reason for being sick? He thought back to the numerous times he smelled Erika's scent crossing the border and the rare smell of saltwater on her scent. Saltwater...who lives near the salt water?

His eyes opened with surprise when he remembered Ypres, the Wheeling Gull wolf he ate with once. Her scent smelled of the ocean. Could Erika be going to Majesty's pack and giving information to them? He growled gently in his mind. So we have another traitor in our midsts...
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Lmao I love Cara, I just wanted you to know that. She's magnificent!

Whatever tantrum Cara was throwing behind her was unseen, or at least ignored, by the Alpha female. Her attention was wholly on Erika. She was expecting an elegant response along the lines of, Oui, mademoiselle, I will do zis zing for Silvertip. Her eyes traced the shadows to Lecter's point, seeking to meet his gaze so he would know she wasn't ignoring him. Though she hadn't noticed him before, the flash of luminscent silver as Kaname sidled in alongside her mate betrayed his eyes, and so she acknowledged him with a glance too.

However, any comfort Jinx had felt about this meeting of Silvertip wolves was cut very short when Erika's response did not, in fact, come out as expected. Though the Alpha female had it in mind to say something like, but you will, darling, for your pack, instead she felt a cold rush of panic squeeze her throat and do away with the eloquence she might have had.

Her response, therefore, was simply a clipped and rough, Why not?” After all, not feeling well wasn't a good enough reason in the Kesuk's mind. Erika was well enough to stand here and root through the pack's meat, so to Jinx, that meant that surely she was well enough to go for a walk.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Her stomach gurgled again when Jinx asked uneloquently and curtly Why not? One look at Jinx's eyes told her that a sick excuse would not be enough. She scrambled to her feet, her ears flat on her head. "Madame, excuse me." She swallowed the bile in her throat that threatened to rise again. "Madame, pardonnez-moi, but I felt like I was about to zrow up for a second. Forgive me. I will....get on it right away..."

She felt nervous. Was she pregnant? One of the signs of pregnancy was nauseousness during the first trimester. She already suspected that Lecter and maybe even Kaname knew of her trist with Majesty. Would her sudden sickness be a clue that she was pregnant with his children and the fact that she had mated with Majesty?
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
aw thank you so much..<3 she takes Jinx as a role model

Only Erika's gurlgling caused the female to turn her head, she was surprised when she saw the marred female hunch over as if she was about to vomit. Still instead of pity, her face contorted into a disgusted frown. For a second she thought she'd be joining the black female and regurgitate her own breakfast.

It seemed the other wolves were as surpised as Cara, for they looked at each other with a malicious glint in their eyes. But the yearling didn't really stop to anylize the motives of the wolfess' sudden sickness, she wanted to inmidiately stand up and volunteer to fill in Erika's place. i volunteer as tribute But before she could say a word, the ice queen demanded for a reason, so Cara decided it was best to let it slip.

Suddenly the scarred female seemed to regain her composture and promplty apologized to Jinx and promised to get on it. Cara just narrowed her eyes suspiciously and licked some left overs off her upper lip.
377 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Lecter too came to his senses in regards to the saltwater scent, and Erika's sudden sickness; perhaps she had eaten food from the shores that had not settled well within her gullet. Though his senses shouted that this was not the reason, he remained silent, awaiting Jinx's response.
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Oh jeez I forgot that I was next. *facepalm*

The Gamma hid a growl that threatened to spill from his throat. A dozen curses ran through his mind that he wanted to snarl at the marred wolf. She thinks she's so smart, trying to cross the border with no one knowing. The dark brown wolf fixed his eyes on the black female. He would confront her when she got up to leave, in front of everyone. She'd surely break under pressure.
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
There was something completely fishy about Erika's sickness. It was sudden, yet no other wolf in the pack seemed to exhibit the same signs. It was entirely possible that Erika had contracted an illness outside the pack, but if that was the case, then she was a danger to Silvertip Mountain and would have to be removed.

The scarred female claimed she would get right on it, which Jinx believed, but she had other questions now. “Why are you sick?” she brusquely demanded, frowning heavily at her subordinate. “Have you brought some disease among us?” The answer would be painful either way to Erika, whether she lied or admitted the truth... They all were watching her now. It was only a matter of time until one of the other three spectators spoke up.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
As Erika tried to exit the cave, Jinx got in her way and demanded that she explain her illness. Her orange eyes were glaring at her suspiciously, and the black she-wolf knew that she would be run out even if she told the truth or tried to tell a lie. Her alpha was trying to prevent the spread of disease among her pack, but if she suspected something more...

"Madame....I zink I ate somezing bad last night. I do not believe it iz anyzing zat will endanger ze pack....." she trailed off slightly, noticing Kaname's cold glare. Que fait-il à?
377 Posts
Ooc — ebony
posts?! srry if it was my turn D:

He did not believe her. He was growing increasingly more suspicious of her, but his faith in Jinx's ability to handle the situation kept him from stepping out of the shadows. The glare upon his features mirrored that of Kaname, and he remained silent, though a low snarl rumbled in his throat.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
last post for Cara :)

Her snout was coated with a fine mantle of blood and guts, still she did not bear any shame when she turned to face the marred bitch. Just like her companions her eyes were narrowed and her lip was curled to reveal a snarl.

"Liar, liar", she muttered under her breath as she watched her scurry away with her tail tucked between her legs like a magician whose trick has been revealed.

With a loud snap of her teeth she turned back to her meal, burying her nose in the remaining meat clinging to the bones. If anyone were to say something about Erika's suspicious behaviour she'd surely chime in but for now she'll hold her tongue.