Wapun Meadow walk softly in the garden
All Welcome  July 13, 2018, 05:06 PM
Shivali
IkKanattuk
PPC
@Uki maybe?

@Tahani offers to watch the children for a little while so she can have some time alone. She doesn’t really need to stretch her legs with all the work they’ve gotten as they travel each night a little bit farther. With packs on either side of them, their intentions are to only linger as long as necessary before they hit the road hard the following night. After hearing they are around halfway there, she is filled with relief, and she skirts across the meadow for nothing in particular. A scent trail, somewhere to lie down, or anything that catches her interest that doesn’t involve feeding or carrying a puppy.
 
The new mother doesn’t go too far, glancing over her shoulder to see @Takiyok in the distance, though she does not see the newest of their group. She hasn’t had a proper introduction with her but she doesn’t like how close she travels with @Siarut carrying one of her children along the way. Trying to ignore the things she cannot change, she plops down on the ground and sprawls out, stretching her legs, despite the heat, enjoys the feeling of warmth in her fur.

Nothern 
Common
3/5 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
July 14, 2018, 05:18 AM
Uki
IkKanattuk
Sisamat
sorry but its been mentioned in prior threads that she's keeping her distance from Shivali and puppies regardless of who they travel with :) rolled an odd=success and even=injuries

Tupilaq grew weary under the mistrust found in the Ateneq sisters. With the addition of keeping distance from nanuk - after a day of puzzling over it she could only assume that Takiyok just didn't want her around Siarut - the wild girl grows even quieter and withdraws further into her shell. She longs for the periods between day and night - dawn and dusk - where she can escape for a time, if only to hunt and patrol. Tapeesa seeks the old familiarity of her gods, coming and going as she aids the family in their travel. The only thing she asks in return is to remain silently on the fringes of their attention; to trail behind in their shadow through foreign lands.

The berserker had split from their group early in the hours of the morning, when they had not been far from stopping to sleep for the day. Having caught the scent of something promising, tapeesa pads away from the rear of their group - where she's been careful to keep her silver gaze trained on a neutral point in the distance and away from Siarut or his sisters. The sun burns on her coat, surprisingly fierce even in the earliest hours of dawn. 


The trail proves to be rewarding despite the trip, leading her to a fat badger. Its back is turned to her as it digs in the moist earth for worms, not noticing the tundrian as she crept from the shadows at its back. Taqiqq's stsa' slinks to the creature on wary paws, peering at its striped pelt through the undergrowth with determination, praying fervently to her god as he  rose in the sky.

Siqiqniq lend strength to my limbs. Give me your glory so I might triumph. 

As the badger turned beady eyes on her, the spearwife launches herself at it. The badger, confused, snarls with fear and aggression as tapeesa charges through her cover of plants and seizes it by the throat. With surprisingly fast reflexes, the creature climbs halfway up her neck to bury sharp teeth in the sensitive folds of her ruff. She can feel the pierce of claws tearing her flesh, right near her ragged ears, and with a roar of anger for the badger - for she refuses any other sound of pain - she pins it to the ground and crushes its windpipe with finality. 

Tupilaq is gasping with effort, not to mention bloodied, and her jaws ache fiercely from her grip when its done. With little more than a heavy sigh, the waif takes the game in her jaws and begins to drag it back - not an easy task given its size. The berserker stops only long enough to clean her wounds, staunching their bleeding, with the hope that they will go unnoticed. 

Uki returns, dragging a carcass far too big for her, her legs aching from a night of travel. By far, she most wanted to escape into sleep's hold but was surprised to see the mother, Shivali, for once unaccompanied by the small forms of her pups. Tapeesa draws to a halt near the sister, setting the heavy weight of the badger on the ground. She chuffs softly, nudging the badger to the nursing mother as if to ask Would you like some? 

"And you're tired of not being strong."
July 14, 2018, 02:53 PM
Shivali
IkKanattuk
PPC
Oof, sorry, I even read those posts, lol.

Shivali finds a few minutes of slumber, ears and nose alert while he brain falls into something of a sleep. The rest of her family isn’t too far and she’s alert enough to note danger in the area (or that’s what she’d make you believe). So when the scent of blood touches her nose, she moves a little and ears fall back when she notes nothing if distress. Quickly, she sits up and comes too quickly enough. Her head snaps back to make sure she sees Tahani in the distance with nothing amiss, and instead finds the newest wolf with them and a dead badger.
 
It looks like the creature she and Wraen had hunted a few months ago, so she shuffles her footing to sit upright, and shake out the last linger clutches of sleep. It’s not enough to hide the exhaustion settling in but she doesn’t say or do anything right away.
 
Nakummek,” she tells the stranger, picking herself up all the way to the kill. Her eyes do not leave the stranger much as she draws it a few inches in to break skin and tear into the warm, fresh meat. One of the few good things in their journey is a fresh kill each time, though few and far between are their meals.

Nothern 
Common
3/5 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
July 15, 2018, 01:27 PM
Uki
IkKanattuk
Sisamat
Tapeesa withholds a startled retreat, managing to cover up all but a flinch as Shivali launches her to feet. The mother seems tired and Uki feels slightly guilty which she chases away with the reminder that she woke Shivali to eat. She watches nanuk's sister with expressionless eyes as Shivali sits silently, eyeing the badger. 

Her heads dips once in response to the gratitude, her silver eyes sliding away from Shivali and beyond to the where the rest of their group is gathered. With a sweeping glance, she searches for Siarut. Discreetly, she looks away into the surrounding distance as if merely checking the surroundings for hidden danger.

"And you're tired of not being strong."
July 15, 2018, 03:09 PM
Shivali
IkKanattuk
PPC
The brief exchange in communication is all she needs to really start to eat, taking the vital parts of the kill to satisfy the lingering hunger. Any energy she devours is taken by the puppies when they eat, leaving her more tired than usual. They can’t keep up along the journey and the extra capable paw proves (temporarily) a good thing. Shivali licks her lips a few times, clearing the mess from her mouth. It would be easy to eat the rest of it, leaving scarcely a carcass behind, but she has other plans for a meal for her child with what’s left.
 
Shivali nods a little to their newest companion, as much acceptance as she can give right now, and begins to carry off the remaining badger to the den that houses her children.

Nothern 
Common
3/5 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
July 15, 2018, 03:39 PM
Uki
IkKanattuk
Sisamat
The berserker merely watches as the mother promptly eats about half of the badger, nods to her, and drags it off towards her children. Uki, remains, left sitting alone and strangely numb as her glassy gaze takes in Shivali's quickly disappearing one.

Tapeesa had thought she might at least get a leg out of it, for catching it if for no other reason. She understands that Shivali is traveling with children in tow but she can't help but feel slighted when her meal is dragged away. The mute girl says nothing, obviously, though the hunger in her gut speaks with a rumble now and again. 

The spearwife gets to her feet with the thought of searching for more game but she's beyond exhausted and night comes all too quickly. Wearily, the girl drags herself past the sisters without even bothering to glance at them - they've decided how they feel about her and tapeesa has just decided she no longer cares for their opinion. 

"And you're tired of not being strong."