Jade Fern Grove Don't fake it, bake it
38 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Private 

After her trip to Duck Lake, Aqakuktuq re-entered the grove with a good-sized rainbow trout in her jaws, held near the base of its tail so as not to strain them over the course of the trip. The gift was for one particular wolf she was told wasn't to be trifled with: Shivali. The mother was nursing and hormonal, so the warning was understandable, but still, Aqakuktuq was a part of the group now, and she'd need to become familiar with everyone eventually. What better way to do so than with a gift?

Following the gentle aroma of milk and the woman's natural scent, the fisher soon came upon her. Stopping a few feet away, she dropped the fish at her feet and said, Hello, I am Aqakuktuq. I brought a gift from my outing. Hopefully, the gesture would make a good first impression. Still, the fisherwoman waited anxiously, though she wore a calm, collected mask and stood firmly in place.
Inuttut | English
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
The puppies were still sleeping when she wakes, carefully unraveling herself around them and hoping to alarm them as little as possible. She is thankful for staying in one location for more than a day, giving all of them a chance to rest and the puppies a proper chance to eat. Still, she struggles with production, but the others have hunted more and offered regurgitated meals for them in lieu of milk. Tahani has been in search for herbs that help and Shivali does everything she can to make up for what she can’t provide.

Shivali is settled a few feet from the den, one ear angled back to listen should anything stir for her attention. There’s a little distance between them and the other pack that she feels… comfortable enough to relax. No one has reported signs of danger through their journey and Shivali considers themselves lucky.

She turns toward the stranger, fur bristling in response but when she realizes it’s someone Siarut invited along, she remains positioned on the ground. She’s torn between the newest additions with extra eyes, ears, and teeth to protect the others but do their loyalties really lie with them? With such delicate lives at stake? Shivali licks her lips as she looks to the fish and then back toward Aqakuktuq, but doesn’t yet get up to take her gift.

“Where are you from?”
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
38 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Shivali was initially alarmed by her presence but quickly relaxed again, to Aqakuktuq's relief. A pink tongue slipped through the woman's dark lips when her navy gaze landed on the fish, but she remained in her lying position and returned them to rest on the newcomer. Perhaps she was still unsure. Aqakuktuq wouldn't dare move any closer unless invited. The fisherwoman had no idea what words the mother would have for her, but the question that was asked still surprised her. Still, it was a reasonable one.

I am from a pack called Isakutâk. It was in the taiga north of these wilds, She answered coolly, though the words brought a bittersweet flavor to her tongue. Pesi had returned from wherever he ventured off to, landing on a branch in a nearby tree to observe the interaction. The only recognition he received was the backwards swivel of a single ear. The wraith knew it was him, and she wanted to keep her attention on Shivali.
Inuttut | English
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
The location isn’t familiar to her but her own family remained closed off from any neighbors, though their small packs were few and far between in the northern tundra. Shivali snorts her response and slowly picks herself up. A few days of rest isn’t going to be enough to regain her strength but it’s enough to give her a little push to get the rest of the way. With a few extra meals, and hopefully some herbs from Tahani’s search, they can give the children what they really need.

“Thank you,” she says, stepping closer to take the fish at the strangers feet. When she retreats back to where she’d been resting, she sets it down and licks the taste it leaves on her lips. “I am Shivali, by the way,” she introduces, though she probably doesn’t need to.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
38 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
The other woman gave a snort as her only response, and Aqakuktuq wasn't sure of its meaning. Still, Shivali heaved herself to her feet and accepted the gift with gratitude, returning back to her spot with it. Fisher gave a nod in response, a smile tugging ever-so slightly at the corners of her lips. Then, Shivali introduced herself, and though Aqakuktuq had learned her name from Siarut, she appreciated the gesture. It soothed her nerves enough for the snowfield to gingerly take a seat.

It's a pleasure to meet you, Shivali, She said. As if on cue, a shadow descended onto her shoulder―Pesi. Seeing his friend become more comfortable seemed to give him more confidence. Glancing to look at her companion, her smile grew.

Hello! The bird cheerily greeted, mimicking a young Aqakuktuq.

So you finally came to join us, hm? The fisherwoman said to him, voice softer than before. Then, she turned back towards Shivali. This is Pesi, my companion. She made sure he ate his fill on their outing so he wouldn't try to snag pieces of her gift. Though, Pesi was smart and would likely not bother a stranger unless desperate, she was erring on the side of caution to ensure her first impression went smoothly.
Inuttut | English
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
She doesn’t get much of the pleasantries when a bird drops in and settles on the woman’s shoulders. Fur around her mane bristles up as she attempts to soothe the sudden intrusion and her ears fall back against her head, observing the creature with defensive interest. Dark eyes don’t leave the bird as the pairing exchanges a word and she doesn’t realize the creature has spoken at all.

Shivali glances away from the bird to look at the stranger, flustered to the point she can’t remember either name she’d been given in a matter of minutes. Her mouth opens to say something but she can’t find the words. Birds lived heavily in the woods despite their presence, existing essentially on a different plane. They were too difficult to become food and too annoying for anything else. Despite the awkward tension she’s created, she takes a step to stand protectively over the kill gifted to her.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
38 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Aqakuktuq was surprised at Shivali's alarmed, defensive posture. She at least expected some kind of verbal response from the woman, and she seemed to have tried to form one but ultimately failed to. Now, the large specter stood protectively over her fish. This was not good. Panic bubbled up inside of Aqakuktuq, but she forced it back down, willing herself to remain calm. Explaining should ease Shivali's nerves... she hoped.

He won't bother you; Pesi knows boundaries, The snowfield assured. And he's already eaten, she added mentally, but she decided to withhold that bit. She wanted the others to trust Pesi. Aqakuktuq took care of him and disciplined him to keep him from being an annoyance, very aware of how irritating corvids could be when they wanted something. As an extra measure, she added, I can have him leave, if you wish.
Inuttut | English
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Apparently she's not very good at making friends, haha

The girl assures her that it won’t bother her but Shivali doesn’t trust her, and much less the bird. It hasn’t gone after her food but that doesn’t mean it won’t later when Aqakuktuq isn’t around, nor does it make her feel better when she’s so close to the den with it. Dark eyes trail between the two with obvious indecision. She lets it linger for a moment before she steps back.

“Don’t let it get near the children,” she evenly warns the outsider before she dips her nose, collects the fish, and waits for their departure, not entering the den until she’s certain they’re gone from the area.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
38 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
):

The elder woman stared at the pair before ultimately backing up and warning her not to let "it" near the children. Aqakuktuq's ears flattened against her skull at her abrasiveness, though she forced her expression to remain a neutral mask. He won't, She stated simply but firmly, not desiring to say anything more. Shivali picked up the fish and appeared eager to enter the den. The fisherwoman got the hint that she wanted both Pesi and her to leave.

Aqakuktuq rose from her spot and tipped her head slightly as a silent goodbye before turning to leave, feeling dissatisfied with how that exchange went. The raven looked into her eyes with clear confusion, and she looked back. She didn't blame Pesi for the conversation souring, as he didn't do anything wrong. Perhaps it was hormones, or perhaps Shivali was naturally a bit prickly. The cloud sighed but decided not to think much of it.
Inuttut | English