Bitterroot Valley To start the journey, to make a new start.
142 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
After leaving Bracken Sanctuary, this journey made the grey male feel a little lost. What made him even want to leave what he thought had been a home? Whatever it was now he can relax and figure it out. Steele went to the valley to see if there were any critters around to hunt, his stomach was empty and his mind was full; it should be the other way around. 

He neared the valley and sniffed the crisp air. The whaft was full of different scents, none of which were any prey. Flowers filled his nose and a flashback to him and Eris came to mind. A shake of his head and the memory was gone. Food was his only hope of having a good day.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
It seemed the northern stretches of the Teekon were holding fast to their grip on her. She remained, scouting and hunting away her days, seemingly content beneath the summer sunshine and able to bunker down when she needed to. As one wolf, she was hard to notice and she moved across the valleys often, usually cycling through different haunts, almost always on the move from one vantage point to the next.

Jomyo stayed because so far, she could, and she felt close enough to the outskirts of packs to know where to go if and when hard times found her. Not that any motivation like that had come yet, even if she wanted the easy answer on where to end up and find a niche for herself, so a wanderer she stay. As such a thought crossed, she caught herself swinging a little closer to the Sanctuary again. She paused long enough to sniff curiously at the wind from their way.. and of course nothing spoke to her, not from an entire valley and then some away. She moved on, unsure of what the notion was she felt.

Anyway, she turned and jogged her way towards a valley she usually have mediocre luck at. Ahead a way, she thought she saw another wolf perhaps scoping along to do the same.

Protective of herself more than ever before without any other to lean on, she maintained a distance from the stranger, though went closer--enough to let him know she was here too.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele was sniffing around the ground but as he lifted his head it wasn’t good that he smelled it was a woman, a stranger. He looked back just as she came a little closer to him and he gave a little chuff as a greeting. It didn’t seem that she was in for a conversation but Steele was always one for wanting to change that in someone. He thought for a moment just standing and looking at her before he opened his mouth to speak to her.

Hello there, I’m Steele. Are you looking for something in particular? I was hoping for some food if you’d like to help me I think we could get something big enough for the both of us.” He offered her a proposition of food. Everyone loved food and if she turned it down then it would show she was out to find something. Maybe Steele could help her if he knew what it was.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
In watching for his reaction to her, he greeted with a chuff--so she took that as a favorable enough sign to hazard a few steps closer. Steele, he said he was called, and the scout supposed that suited him quite well after hardly more than a glance. "Nothing in particular, I wander.." she clarified. She was always on the lookout for different things, mainly any that could benefit her in some way, yet she didn't claim any clear-cut goals in these late summer days.

As well as he needed to know yet, she roamed, but she would be unwise to turn down a chance for food when she had no better place to be right now and no guarantee of a meal herself otherwise. "You seen any good trails yet?" she asked, still maintaining a very neutral stance of her own since she felt like she had only just got here. She exhaled a slow sigh, and prepared to shift focus to the possibility of a hunt--and not a solo one for once, too. "I'm Jomyo." she did return before she got any further, and since she had his name too.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele nodded at her answer to her question, she must be a loner as he doesn't smell other wolves upon her. The brute sniffed the air, he didn't smell any prey but that didn't mean that they couldn't try and find something together. "I haven't picked up any yet, but together we probably could." he said moving toward her a bit and then looking out to the horizon.

He hoped that with her help they could get a deer or something similiar so that they both could have a full belly moving on. Most loners were skinny because they didn't hunt much but small game, given it had only been a small time since he had left the Sanctuary he was still filled out pretty well. This hunt though could mean a lot between starving and keeping his weight up.

✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
She couldn't argue with that. Lapsing into a brief but thoughtful silence, after a short nod of course, Jomyo considered the scope of place. She had passed through before and loitered briefly in heading towards the woods north of here. Her mental maps were very fuzzy, at best --and distracted by the wildflowers at worst. Nevertheless, Jomyo was still eager to cover a little ground (with company, too) and hopefully improve such a notion.

But, she at least knew they had options and she was prepared to work with them. This prospect of a fellow hunter meant a change of tactic for her lately.. but the adaptable scout was already attaching herself well to the idea, and looking forward to their prospects. "Are you from near here?" she asked, curious to see if he knew this place any better than she might. Still, his opinion, and luck if he had it, could only help secure them something good. "What do you think--better odds today if we head towards the mountain," she jerked her nose towards Sleeping Dragon, though she did not have the name for it. All she knew was that it smoldered, but seemed vacant enough at a passing glance. "Or the river?" She shifted her paws more its way, led mainly by her nose, and that following a waterway never hurt her before.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele looked around as silence fell over the two loners. Nothing seemed to give around here, there was no prey and no one but the two standing here. He relaxed a little as she began to speak again. His ears perked and he listened closely, he did know the Taiga but not like the back of his paw. When she asked him where he was from he thought for a moment.

I came from the Sanctuary not far from here but I left to find myself.” He said softly letting her know that he was out here by choice. Not that she wasn’t, but he had a home that loved him and he left. He thought about the river, most prey liked to be close to water so it would be a good chance that something was there but the mountains made for good cover so there was also a good chance something was there. He gave her a hmmm look. “We might get lucky at the river, there’s always something there. If not big prey we could always try and fish.” He asssured her either way they would get some kind of food.

✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
While she was loathe to show any indication at all, she felt her expression shift curiously when he did mention the Sanctuary--and more notably, leaving it. Ever keen to pry around the edges, especially concerning a pack out of many that she had the faintest hint of a tie to, Jomyo did not have a plan to approach it yet but she certainly kept it in mind. "I just visited there. The Sanctuary, I mean." She didn't bring up that she knew Delight, or Queenie--not when she didn't have a good reason to yet, with only the barest glimpses of his stance with them. His departure from the Sanctuary seemed peaceful enough, somehow.

His judgements were sound so Jomyo remained agreeable. "River sounds good." she nodded, in all regards since she was overeager to see more in that direction anyway, hunt or not. Though her sights turned forward away from him once more, she felt it was worth mentioning, if it did come to that: "You any good at fishing?" she asked, a friendly look on and a drop to her voice--just in case trails were closer than she thought. Now with a direction in mind, she sought to pick up an easy, light trot. She skimmed her nose along low most moments, though tested the winds often too.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele nodded at her comment. “The Sanctuary is a good place, I loved it when I was there. “ he said with a small smile remembering his time he had spent there. “I know how to fish I might be rusty but I’m sure if we can’t find something there will be fish in the river.” He said reassuringly to her. 

Steele mustered up a trot and came up beside her. He let the air whaft through his nose as they moved ahead, waiting for a scent to strike. It would be good for the both of them to hunt together, bigger and better food or more fish to be caught. He made his mind think of other things, as good made his stomach growl.

✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
On his elaboration, Jomyo could only quirk a brow over her shoulder to the favorable note for the Sanctuary. "Ah, nice," she remarked, filing such a notion for later--at least Delight's new residence had been a good time for this guy. Well, as a place with Sanctuary in the name implied, it should be.

Jomyo dipped her nose, though her attentions were more on the scenery, and a little less on the intricacies of conversation as they went striding on. "Some wolves from my last pack went there after it dissolved. I went just to check it out a little," she mentioned sort of off-hand but that was as detailed as she was going to get unprompted. She was good with the river as a solid option, although it was far too early to give up on terrestrial prey, so she didn't remark--at least it all sounded promising, and she was thankful to have stumbled across someone useful. "How did you end up at the Sanctuary in the first place?" she asked, if it was not too intrusive to do so. Already she knew his leave was for himself, and it really seemed to be on good terms. She may as well find out what had preceded that once, too.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele nodded at her. His nose was still low to the ground taking in the scents that were around them hoping that he would strike up a trail of some sort. They had been strolling for a little while when she mentioned that some wolves of her last pack were there after it departed. He lifted his nose to look up at her again.

what are their names?” He asked gruffly. His head slowly came back to the ground and was sniffing again, but nothing seemed to come near enough to a trail for them to follow. “I came to the Sanctuary because Alarian and Eris offered me to stay when I was trying to find food. I left because I wasn’t sure if I really wanted a pack life at that time. I wanted to meet others and travel.” He said answering her with more than he probably should have said but that’s who he was.

Shyly his nose was stuck to the ground as they proceeded forward. A scent strongly filled his nose so much so he brought it up and moved his body toward it. “I smell a herd.” He said .

✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
"Delight.. and Queenie too," she answered after a soft sigh coming when she did lift her head up again. She didn't think any others had gone north.. no scents had hinted at such. "And I met Alarian, but only briefly." she recalled and decided it was worth a mention enough, though the other name he said went over her head.

But she nodded.. respecting the want to travel because it consumed her entire life, so it left her no room to argue there.

When he mentioned herd, her ears twitched forward and this signaled the official whole change of focus. Good, because now their odds were even better so she drifted her path over towards him to test the trail for herself--and sure enough. Her nose quivered eagerly and waved her tail; she kept to her silence, but the encouragement was clear, and she was ready to move forward now with a fresh, tangible direction to go in. The scout started to pick up her pace, and progress this.

If success awaited them, then so be it. Jomyo went on like always: with enough to gain to keep her interested, and little to lose.
if she goes inactive before my next reply, feel free to pp a narrative ending or something, i don't mind! i may not be re-activating her immediately <3