Stone Circle I love cheap thrills!
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
@Steph I hope fishing is okay! Feel free to take it in another direction if you want!

Brynn came to the creek that ran through their territory and bent down to sniff the water; it smelled clean and healthy, so she took a few laps before the flip of a tail caught her eye. She hadn't been fishing in a while, and thought it might be a good way to spend her afternoon.

She sat at the water's edge for a while, watching the fish periodically swim by before she stood and took a few steps into the creek. She planned to stay still for a little bit and let the fish become accustomed to her being there. If her plan worked, they would forget she was there and start swimming closer to where she stood, making it easier to catch one. As she watched the fish swim by, she tried hard not to look too closely at her reflection in the water. Every time she caught a glimpse of the wound on her muzzle, she cringed imaging the scar that would eventually take its place. She needed to just deal with it; scars were a part of the job, and she knew the one destined for her face was certainly not going to be the last one she ever acquired. Still, it miffed her a little that the scar was on her face; that stupid lone wolf just had to aim there, didn't he?

Shaking herself from her thoughts, she switched her attention back on the fish that had already started swimming a fraction closer to her legs. Just a little longer and they would start swimming close enough for a grab attempt.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Fishing is great!

Steph was out and about, looking for game to hunt. Today, it seemed luck was not on her side. Everything she attempted, she failed at. She tried not to be too hard on herself, as she couldn't be successful every time. Each miss, though, she learned what she could do better next time. 

She came upon Brynn fishing, and she paused in her tracks. Brynn was in the middle of her hunt, and Steph didn't want to interrupt her and risk scaring the fish off. So, she back on her haunches, intending to join in as soon as Brynn finished this round.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
It took a few minutes of intense concentration, but finally Brynn spotted a fish swimming towards her that would come close enough for her to grab. She waited for the moment it was about to move in front of her and shot her muzzle into the water in the spot the fish would soon be. When she lifted her head from the water, it was, sadly, without a prize clamped between her teeth. Dang, she said as she shook the water from her face. 

She was about to repeat the whole process over again, but she picked up the scent of one of her packmates, Steph. She was the wolf who had helped her taunt the giant buck at thir last pack hunt. She turned to the female and smiled before walking from the water to greet her. Afternoon, she said, pairing the words with a polite nod. Come to catch some fish, too? Brynn asked, still smiling.
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Unfortunately, Brynn was unsuccessful, and it was obvious she was disappointed about it. But, fishing was hard, as the fish were extremely quick to dart. It would take many attempts to catch one. But, if the hunter was patient and determined, eventually they were successful.

Her gaze went to her packmate when she turned around, and Steph gave her a smile and a friendly wag of her tail. Hey, Brynn, she greeted, nodding to the next question. If you don't mind me joining you, she responded. If Brynn wanted to fish alone, Steph would be fine moving on to a different spot.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn smiled. Not at all, She replied before turning to head back into the water. She stood watching the fish as she waited for Steph to follow suit. It might take a minute for the fish to make their way back over since Brynn's failed attempt had caused some disturbance in the water. 

Since I just tried, you can have the next attempt, she said, nodding towards the water. She fell silent after that, waiting for the water to calm and for her packmate to make her attempt. The focus needed for fishing was something Brynn enjoyed, so she was prepared to do this until they were both successful.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Brynn accepted her presence, and Steph's tail wagged in response. Thanks! She was quick to make her way into the water to find a suitable spot to hunt. She didn't want to be so close to Brynn that she risked bumping into her, but she didn't need to be very far away, either.

Once comfortable, she set in to wait until the fish grew comfortable with their presence again. Her tail swayed side to side, on purpose. She hoped to scare the fish away from her backside, and herd them to swim in front of her instead. Her head stayed eerily still, only her eyes watching for the one fish that would swim close enough for her to strike.

It was a little while before it happened, but Steph knew the exact fish she wanted. Suddenly, in a burst of energy and one smooth movement, her jaws opened and her head speared into the water. Unfortunately, her jaws closed on nothing but water, and she surfaced without success. She shook her head free of the water, and silently motioned to Brynn that it was her turn. Steph wasn't too worried about the loss, as she knew she would get another chance.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn watched hopefully as Steph grew very still and watched the water. After a while it seemed she had locked in on her target, and Brynn watched intently as her packmate's muzzle shot into the water after a fish. When she she came back up, Brynn was sad to see that she hadn't caught anything. 

At Steph's cue, Brynn began watching the water in front of her again. As she waited for the fish to start swimming closer, she thought about what she may have done wrong the first time. She figured it had to be her timing. She had been trying to aim for where the fish was, so maybe just needed to make her attempt a little sooner. 

After a while of silent stillness from both of them, Brynn saw another fish that looked like it would move directly in front of her. She waited and watched as it swam closer and closer. This time, still aiming for where the fish would eventually swim, she launched her jaws into the water a little sooner than the first time. It turned out to be too soon because the fish darted away from her as soon as her muzzle was in the water. She pulled her head back up and shook the water from her face before looking at Steph and shrugging. She then nodded to let her know it was her turn.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph was still as Brynn took her turn. She was careful not to move much or speak, as it might scare the fish off. It took a little while for the fish to come back, of course, but eventually the other female got another chance. Unfortunately, luck was the fish's side once more. 

She gave Brynn a wry smile, and then took her turn again. It was the same routine, and Steph fell into it easily. When her head shot forward, her jaws opened and then closed on a fish. Her head came back out of the water, this time holding a squirming fish that fought to get away. Steph quickly went to the bank and climbed out of the water, fearing the fish would drop from her maw and back into the water. When she was several yards away, she placed the fish on the ground and sat back on her haunches. She looked to Brynn to see if she was going to try again.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn watched as Steph tried again and was successful. She wagged her tail as the female moved from the water with her fish and gave her a smile when their gazes met. She then turned her attention back to the water to wait for a fish again.

She was pretty sure she had the timing figured out this time. The first time had been too late and the second had been too soon. As he waited for the water to calm again, she went over in her mind when the exact right time would be. Finally, after what seemed lie forever, the fish started swimming close to Brynn again. It wasn't long before she fixed her gaze on a fish that appeared to be headed to swim right in front of her. 

As the fish got closer and closer, Brynn tensed, ready to spring. Finally, right before it moved directly in front of her, she launched her jaws into the water once more, and this time, Brynn felt her teeth sink into the creature. She pulled it from the water and brought it to shore. One quick bite to the head stopped its wriggling, and she dropped the fish on the ground to shake the excess water from her face before looking to Steph and giving her a huge grin.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph watched quietly, laying down on her stomach as Brynn went for her next try. The black shewolf was careful to stay quiet, even on the bank, as she didn't want to be the cause of another miss. It was a little while before the fish calmed enough to start swimming around her packmate again. When Brynn's head bolted into the water, Steph's ears perked and her tail wagged hopefully in anticipation.

She barked her excitement when Brynn came up with the fish between her jaws. Great job! she hollered. I know they take a lot of patients, but they're so worth it, she added, moving her attention to her own fish. She bit into it and ripped flesh from tiny bones. She chewed happily until there was nothing left of it. She licked her maw clean before stretching out on her side in the sun.

246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn grinned at her packmate. So worth it, she agreed as she lied down to hold the fish between her paws and started digging in. She soon finished her catch, and licking her lips, stretched out beside Steph to digest her meal.

That was fun, Brynn said after a few minutes of silence. We should hunt together more often, she added with a smile. Brynn liked to hunt and was always glad to find others to hunt with her.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her tail thumped the ground as Brynn finished her own meal and laid down beside Steph. The dark shewolf turned her head so that their gazes could meet. Definitely! she said eagerly. We could go after some land prey next time, she suggested.

She hadn't tried birds in a long time, but they could be difficult. Rabbits, maybe? She waited to see if Brynn might suggest something.

246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn nodded her head in agreement. There are some turkeys in the forested area. They're fun and surprisingly challenging, she said, excitement on her face at the reminder of her hunt with Kegana. We could try for one of those next time, she added. 

Brynn stood and stretched, letting out a yawn. I think I'm going to head to my den for a little bit. She wanted to run a patrol later but felt like taking a little nap first. Let me know when you want to hunt again, she added with a grin.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her ears perked at the mention of turkeys, and she nodded in agreement quickly. That is a great idea, she replied. They didn't exactly fly, but they got off the ground alright. It would be a challenge, indeed.

She nodded again when Brynn made her departure. Will do! she promised. She would certainly reach out to Brynn when she decided to go hunting again. For now, she would rest here a little while.

246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn nodded and grinned at Steph's agreement. She was glad to have found another hunting partner in the pack. With a departing nod, Brynn turned and headed towards her den, thinking about how much fun it would be to hunt turkeys and how glad she was to be in a pack again. It had come with its share of drama, mostly on a certain male's part, but she was able to find many other aspects of pack life that more than made up for that.