Dawnlark Plains Mr. blue sky, please tell us why
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
All Welcome 
Loir had recently woken up from a small nap in Dawnlark Plains, having been woken by the brightening rays of sunlight, and along with it came the delicious smell of prey. Loir had remembered how it had not been long since she had joined Morningside, and she found herself enjoying it. She had already managed to befriend Aliac, and Loir wondered if one day she could meet the whole pack. Loir had also began thinking of Sunny as a potential friend, well, wouldn't all Morningsiders be a friend?

Wait, no, they were family

Loir had found the family she needed, and would do anything for them. As she woke up, she rolled on her back to relax in the grass of the plains, her glowing amber eyes admiring the rising and shining sun.
[Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
HUNTER TRADE: 1/5 threads
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Hope it's okay for Aviana to join in!

Aviana had fed and taken care of @Faye early that morning. Knowing that many of her packmates where around to protect her, Aviana set off in an effort to stretch her legs a bit. She wouldn't be gone long, and she hoped that Faye would simply sleep off her breakfast for the time that she was gone. 

Aviana didn't have a particular destination in mind, and so she just kind of roamed a bit before a new scent alerted her. Her ears perked and she paused in her tracks. Her eyes scanned the area and landed on white and black wolf, who was presently rolled onto her back in the grass. While Aviana hadn't seen her before, the wind told her the other female had been in the pack long enough to not be a trespasser. 

So, with a friendly chuff and a wag of her tail, Aviana headed over to introduce herself. She approached slowly, waiting to see if her presence was wanted.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Sure!

Loir soon realized she had not been alone, as another wolf came by, a female. Judging by her scent, she was trustworthy, and a member of Morningside. "Oh, hello!" Loir greeted kindly, getting up and wagging her tail.

Could she make a friend today?

Loir was happy to realize that someone had decided to join her, of course it was a good thing that someone did choose to join her! That way, Loir would be able to make a friend.

TAGS: @Aviana
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The other female righted herself, and Aviana was glad she seemed friendly. The agouti female returned the wag, and offered her a smile in return. Hello, she greeted. My name is Aviana, she added. How long have you been here? she asked, trying to get a gauge on just how new the other female was.
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Loir had been glad this female appeared friendly, and that was a good thing. "I've been here for a few days." She replied, sitting down. The black-and-grey female sniffed the air to try and locate food, if there was any. Loir would be glad if there was, she could manage to be able to catch some food and provide for the pack. Loir had heard of Denmothers with offspring that needed to be fed, which was what she had been told by Sunny when Loir had offered to hunt. If this female was one of those nursing mothers, Loir would be glad to help get prey for them.

"Would you like for me to get some prey for you? I've heard that there are new litters of pups that need food."

373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana mimicked the other female's movements, sitting back on her haunches. She couldn't help but notice, however, the she didn't offer up her own name. Aviana was polite enough not to point it out, as maybe it had just slipped her mind in the conversation. Aviana could remember when she was that nervous. How are you liking it so far? she asked, hoping the female was settling in okay.

One of Aviana's teets was swollen enough that if anyone noticed, they would know she had a pup. In her current sitting position, it was most likely hidden. She was grateful for the offer to hunt, but she didn't want to put the full burden on the new member. She nodded confirmation of the pup. Seven, to be exact, she said. One of them being mine, she added with a smile. How about we hunt together? she offered. Two jaws were better than one, after all.
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Loir smiled in response to Aviana's question. "I really love being a Morningsider so far!" She replied. "You see, I've always been looking for a family, after something terrible happened to my previous family, and now I found my home." Loir nodded as Aviana talked about there being 7 litters of pups, with one of them being hers. Therefore, Loir was able to conclude that Aviana was a Denmother. "Of course we can hunt together!" Loir replied with a smile. Hunting together was always a good thing.

Wasn't it great doing activities together anyway?

373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She listened intently as the other female gave Aviana a glimpse of her past life. Aviana was immediately empathetic, understanding what that felt like. I'm sorry for your loss, she said softly. While Aviana's past was different, her need for a family was the same. I know what it feels like to be searching for a place to call home, she confessed. I was looking for it when I found Morningside. Grayday was the Alpha then, she explained. He accepted me, even though I couldn't promise I'd stay permanently. Thankfully, fate happened to let me. She missed him, as she knew the rest of the pack did, too. I hope you are as lucky as I am, she added, smiling gently. 

She was happy to find the other female willing to join together in a hunt. Great! What do you think about a couple of rabbits? I know some dens nearby, she explained. It was easier with two wolves to hunt rabbits than it was with one.
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Loir was glad that Aviana seemed to understand, and was being empathetic about it. At least the Joiner had some packmates who were kind. Loir listened as Aviana had explained her story, and Loir had heard a seemingly familiar name. Grayday. Loir had remembered the wolf's name when Sunny had told her the story of Morningside, that Grayday had been his father.

When Aviana had brought up rabbits, Loir nodded and smiled. "Sure!" Loir replied, the thought of hunting small game making her excited.

373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The other female accepted her suggestion of rabbits, and Aviana nodded in return, happy it was settled quickly. Most wolves didn't seem to care what was hunted, as long as something was. Great! They're this way, she replied, motioning her maw in the direction they would go. She turned her body to follow, her tail swaying back and forth in silent happiness.

It didn't take them very long to reach the edge of the area where the rabbits lived. The closer they got, the slower Aviana walked, making her steps purposeful so as to not make any noise. She lowered her head and folded her ears on her head. Pausing, she turned her maw to her hunting partner, I'm going to go to the right. If you go to the left, I'll herd them your way, and we'll have better luck catching some, she whispered. 

If she got an agreement, she would head out to carry out the plan.
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Loir had nodded and followed the Denmother until they had reached the edge of the area where the rabbits here lived. She nodded as Aviana explained her plan, and it definitely sounded like a good plan in Loir's opinion. She loved hunting, and hunting small animals, after all. "Sounds like a good plan!" Loir said, making sure to keep her tone slightly lowered so the rabbits didn't want to hear.

Her food, well, the pack's food, wasn't going anywhere without Loir and Aviana being around. They would be ending the lives of the prey like there was no tomorrow. Loir then headed to the left, hoping for the moment Aviana would carry out her strategy and herd the rabbits towards Loir. Her ears twitched, and she could already taste the smell of sweet, juicy rabbit on her mouth.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The other female agreed, and they headed out. Aviana moved to the right silently, curving around the edge of the rabbit's dens. There were a handful that that were out and about, chewing on grass. Aviana watched them for a few moments, trying to find a time to chase. She knew she wanted to catch them by surprise, but if she went too soon, her hunting partner may not be in place. 

A few minutes later, she felt it had been long enough, and when most of the rabbits had their heads down, Aviana sprung from her hiding spot towards them. She zig zagged, trying to herd as many as she could towards the other end of their den area. Hopefully, Loir would be on the other side to intercept.
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Loir watched with her amber eyes as Aviana began setting her plan into action, and she was excited to be able to hunt. Soon, Loir snapped to attention as she noticed the group of rabbits being herded by Aviana towards her, and Loir's hunting instinct instantly kicked in. Loir was extremely excited, and she could feel the rabbits being killed by her already, but she needed to prepare for what would happen.

Loir started diving towards the rabbits, cornering them, and she prepared her jaws for the kill-bite.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Loir came out of the shadows and went after the rabbits. Aviana did not give up chase, and instead focused on the nearest hare. It was fast, but Aviana matched it zig for zag. It was startled to have two wolves chasing it and the others, and couldn't seem to decide which way to run.

A moment of hesitation cost the rabbit dearly. Aviana reached a paw out and swiped at its back end, tripping it up. In the next instant, her jaws were closing on the back of its neck, and she flicked her head side to side, feeling the bones break. Tail wagging and sides heaving, she looked to Loir to see if she had been successful.
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Basically almost instantly, Loir's jaws quickly found purchase on the neck of a rabbit, and she scooped it up with her jaws, listening to the screeching the rabbit made, and Loir had then bit down, tasting blood and feeling it spray onto her mouth. This tastes delicious already, dead. Loir had thought, and she watched as Aviana did her job.

When Aviana had finished, Loir showed her rabbit, dangling from her jaws. In the meantime, Loir had decided to finish off other rabbits while she waited for the denmother to finish her job, so there were a couple rabbits laying at Loir's paws, bloody, and wounded, and most of all, dead. Loir placed down the rabbit and looked at her catches, and Aviana's. "Good job!" Loir said, congratulating Aviana.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her tail wagged when she realized how successful they had been. You, too! she said, smiling down at their catched. She allowed herself a few moments to catch her breath. She sat back on her haunches and her gaze looked around them, as if she might find another rabbit. Of course, they were long gone into their holes beneath the surface, and wouldn't be out for some time after the wolves cleared out. 

Once her sides stopped heaving, she looked back to her hunting partner. How about I take this rabbit to Pema and you take yours to Catori? she asked. That way the mothers were fed something fresh.
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Thread close!

Loir was glad both she and Aviana were able to hunt some prey for the den mothers, and she nodded when Aviana had suggested that perhaps she could bring this to Pema and Loir could take her catches to Catori. "Alright!" Loir said, nodding. She scooped up her rabbits in her jaws and proceeded to trot off with her catches, heading over to where Catori would possibly be.