I'm on top of this world
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Carte blanche the youthful male explored the boundaries of the isle. There were ravenous cliffs, sandy shorelines and a lot to behold for his orange eyes. Though, during his enthousiastic travels and curious whereabouts he wandered aimlessly through the seagull lands. It was no rocketscience where the isle's name originated from as flapping birds where flying all over his head, looking for treasures and trinkets -- or a small prey to steal.

His eyes became attatched like a moth to a flickering flame to the lands that stretched right in front of him. They looked endlessly and boundlessly. Suddenly it made Mees feel very humble, as if he was just a tiny part of a much larger, larger world. He puffed his chest forward all of the sudden, feeling brave and courageous out of the blue; there was a calling and a desire to learn more. Even if he had forgotten history due to his memory loss, he could fill the pages with anew; one written from his own adventures here at Wheeling Gull Isle and beyond.
“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Most of the island was still unexplored by the Nu, so she often set out on little expeditions when she felt the need to. The Isle was trecherous in some places, with cliffs holding sharp rocks at its base, to gentle inclines that led to the sandy shores. It wasn't the mountainous region she was used to at all, but she assumed that one day, she could walk through the isle, remembering it like the back of her paw.

She was heading to another boundary of the island, carefully dodging the wastes of seagulls when she saw a wolf staring out at the mainland. It was a young wolf with a black, unkempt pelt, one of her new packmates. She barked gently to get his attention and walked up to sit beside him. "Bonjour, Monsieur." she said gently.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
This -- ohh -- and that! His orange eyes roamed around every little cranny and nook of the scenery. The young male felt as if he was in Willy Wonka's chocolate store; he feverishly wanted a nibble and a bite of every territory. His somewhat hidden adventurous spirit rose upwards from deep within. He was not used to this sensation, he didn't know what sort of wanderlust resided within his family.

"Oh hi!" Mees said rather surprised. He had been so absorbed with the landscape that he hadn't noticed the presence of another until now. "Bonjour monsieur." Mees said clumpsy as he tried to reprocreate the words in a strange language, of course not realizing he should have said 'mademoiselle' instead. Giving Erika a proper greeting, Mees then introduced himself. "My name is Mees."
“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The black Nu chuckled gently at the young wolf's clumsy response. "Non, you are a Monsieur. I am a Mademoiselle...non... I am a Madame now." She thought back to the ceremony she and Majesty had in the caves by the shore. The orange-eyed wolf introduced himself as Mees, which she pronounced wrong only due to her accent.

"Meez? My name iz Erika. I am Majesty's mate." She didn't know if the wolf was there when the alpha told his pack about her, but he did not seem to recognize her either. Even so, the disfigurement on her face was identifiable enough, regardless if others knew her name.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Oh? Oooooohhhhhh; his thoughts suddenly appeared to have hit a light switch when Erika explained that 'monsieur' was a male and 'mademoiselle' female. His orange eyes blinked as if confirming her words. However, that wasn't the last thing to surprise him today, she then began to explain how she was mated to Koning -- also known as Majesty. In his mind this made her the Queen or Koning -- whether it was by rank or not, the fact that they were mated, was all that mattered.

"A pleasure to meet you Erika." Mees said while a small smile appeared upon his face as he tried to figure out how she was pronouncing his name. His name wasn't an English one either, it was Dutch. But to most it was just gibberish. Wanting to learn more about the history of the Nu, Mees tilted his head towards her as he spoke. "You're not from around here, are you? You have an exotic voice. Where are you from?"
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
"I was born far away." She said, retelling the story for the hundredth time. "I am from a place near a different coast, where ze sun rises from ze ocean instead of setting into it, like it does 'ere." She found now that she was mated to Majesty, that remembering her family was not as hard on her as it used to be. The honey-eyed alpha really filled a void in her soul that was created by her capture as a yearling. "So, what about you? Where are you from?"
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
With his left ear tilted forward, he listened to the story of the Nu. Every now and then he nodded, even if she did not mention the name of the place, it sounded exotic. Far, far, far away exotic. "Wowzers." Mees proclaimed, almost feeling an adventurous urge to go there one day, to a place where the sun rises from the ocean. "That's so cool." The juvenile male quipped a second later.

But when the question was returned he couldn't help but to bite his lip, because truthfully he didn't remember. Although it was painful to rip open this subject, he decided to be transparent and truthful. "I-I - I don't remember." It was strange, not knowing his family; all he could remember were strange signs and vague shards of his past. "I..I just remember waking up one day, all alone. I wandered for several months and now I'm here." As strange as it sounded -- maybe he could tell he was abducted by aliens instead. "I refer to my history as the Black Hole."
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Erika smiled at the young one's enthusiasium. She hadn't heard that kind of response to her origin story before. But that excitable part of him left when she asked the same. Sa famille ne meurent d'une certaine façon aussi horrible? She thought, hoping she hadn't upset the yearling.

But instead, she felt she had heard something worst. He had no memories at all, only waking up one day to nothing. "Zat's...zat's 'orrible." The Nu said sympathetically. "You do not remember your family at all? Nothing?"
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
His adventurious spirit was swallowed entirely by this monster called sadness. Whenever he thought of the past he felt sad -- even if he started the entire conversation. Luckily the female was kind, caring and understanding. Mees felt strange not knowing who his father, mother, brother, sisters and family were. Sometimes he also felt a pang of jealousy when others were so close with their family. Of course what he didn't know was that his family might be closer than he thought.

"I ..I don't remember." Mees said with a hint of disappointment lingering within his voice. "Actually, there's one thing -- I remember a twinkling light." Lifting an eyebrow, he turned his bright orange eyes into Erika's direction before asking; "Do you think that could mean anything?" Twinkle, twinkle little star...
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Erika had heard tales of people who had lost their memories, but only remember one vague thing. Mees was no exception. He claimed to have remembered a bright, twinkling light, and that was all. "A twinkling light?" Erika pondered for a moment. "It could be a star. And if I may interpret it, it may mean 'ope for you. Whether it iz 'ope zat you will regain your memory, or 'ope zat you'll find a new family."
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
A star, a twinkling light ...Mees had never put it into this perspective and he felt thankful for the answer even if it was only a lingering hope. How could he hold onto the unknown? "Do you think I'll find them again?" He asked Erika while knowing it was a question she could never answer while entirely being sure as there was a remaining uncertainty. "I know the Gull, you, Majesty and everyone is family; but somehow ..my memory gap feels different."
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Erika didn't know how to answer Mees' question. Do you think I'll find them again? She wanted to say something that wouldn't discourage him, but she was not sure if he would see his family again. And if he did, would he even recognize them? "Meez, anyzing iz possible. I am sure zat someday you will find zem. But until zen, we are your family."

She felt extremely sympathetic towards him. He wanted to know who his family was, his real family. The marred wolf nuzzled him gently. "I 'eard zat sometimes lost memories are triggered by certain events. But I zink if you stop worrying about your forgotten past and focused on ze future, zat would be made easier."
Don't underestimate me because I'm short and stocky, I might just surprise you!
103 Posts
Ooc — Mercury
Just popping in for a swift reply, Ypres making sure everything is good... LOL

Ypres was making her rounds once again to make sure the borders were secure. Hearing voices she recognized that of Erika. A narrowed expression washed upon her features as she approached with caution. She spotted Erika with a new member of the pack. She greeted the two with a wag of her tail, but her eyes said something else. Distrust.

G'day you two.

She offered a bark as she wandered closer, and inspected the scent of Mees to make sure that he was accepted into the pack and not interloping. She could smell Majesty upon his coat, and backed off silently as she secretively scented at him. She was getting tighter with her patrols now that Horizon Ridge and Silvertip were enemies of the pack. What about the other packs? Where they soon to be enemies as well? Word got around that HR had moved away from the Island, and that was good news. Pump was killed off by Ragnar who became Alpha of the pack. Perhaps Ypres would have to set things straight with him and maybe just maybe fix things. She had to play Devil's advocate for now. Her raven told her of the news, and she knew how to spy without even leaving the Island. It was good to have an extra pair of eyes in the sky.

Her stay was not to be intended long though, as she was just roaming to see if everything was in order.

Just making sure things are well. Have a good night guys...

She didn't want to seem rude, but she never introduced herself to Mees as she was in a hurry to get to the other side of the Island to make sure no interlopers were near by, and she had to keep an eye open for the arrival of her allies on the other side of the island too. She was then gone in a heart beat
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
There was no cookie clear answer to the question whether or not he would find his family again, if ever. Luckily, even though he didn't realize it at this moment; he was closer than ever. "I ..I like that. Family." Majestic was his role model and his pack could be his family; his long lost brothers, sisters, parents, aunts and uncles. It wasn't entirely the same but that didn't hold him back for finding others to love and live with.

"How?" The male quipped curiously when Erika explained that memories could be triggered. The cozy introduction was interrupted rather harshly when Ypres barged in unannounced -- and left once more like that. Confused about these kind of pack tradtions, the young male just shrugged lightly. "Right." He proclaimed in disbelief before allowing his thoughts to settle down; Erika gave him a lot to think about. "Well, I gotta fly. Thank-you for everything, Erika." With a small nodd he slunk off into the woods.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
She was hoping to try to explain to Mees how the memory recovery worked, but there was an interruption. Ypres, the suspicious. She didn't stay long, only greeting them and departing. But Mees took that opportunity to make his leave. He thanked her, then left, heading for the woods. Sighing, Erika made her way to one of the dens she was planning to claim to deliever Majesty and her pups.