Duck Lake i am surely a queen
<small><span style="color:#b9745e;letter-spacing:3px;">デクナッツ</span></small>
150 Posts
Ooc — Der
[size=x-small]Hi...! This is my very first post. Still trying to figure out my character and writing, but would love for her to meet someone from a pack. She's trying to figure out which one to join.[/size]

Though she was a fast runner with considerable endurance, it had taken the little red wolf several weeks to travel from her previous abode in Relic Lore to the Teekon Wilds--not that she had been in any particular rush with several days spent "vacationing" among new, unexplored territories. She had left without a word, having never made any significant connections or memories, and had then impulsively set out for greater adventures further south. Summer was waning, after all, and her time was short. It would not be easy to satisfy her wanderlust later when prey became scarce.

Still, she felt guilty about the pack she had joined for a couple mere weeks, and even now, she felt the need to find one she could call her own. Such was the heartbeat of every wolf, she supposed. Black nose pressed deep into the earth, she lifted her head as the smell of water and waterfowl reached her senses. It would take her an additional half hour before she reached the lake's shores--and oh, how it was worth it!

Ducks! Ducks! So many ducks. The little wolf felt her stomach gurgle and growl. Licking her muzzle, she began to sprint towards the lake. Heart thumping harder and breath leaving faster, she could hear the quacks of the duck grow louder and louder in her ears until all the quacks seemed like applause in her ears. It was then she realized why she was running and what she was running towards.

Breaking through the protective ring of aspen trees and security guards, she pounced onto the shore and then deeply bowed. I am surely a queen, she thought to herself, and as she lifted her head, she boldly proclaimed, "Your queen is here! Thank you! Thank you..." It was fortunate she had the excuse of having not eaten for days. Still, the applause continued and if her ringing ears were not mistaken, even increased. She could have never anticipated to receive such a grand reception or reward.

89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Could.not.resist...

With the concentration of a goldfish the young juvenile once more slipped away from his home lands, only to scurry the lands and to wander around aimlessly. If Majestic would have been his dad, Mees might be grounded more than once by now. He couldn't help it though, the lands beyond the gull were like a pirate treasure that he wanted to grab with nimbly, skeleton fingers.

This time he was distracted by the flapping of water birds at the shores. It had taken Mees long enough to reach this exotic destination and with all his wanderings, it made him slightly tired. Instead of actually turning into a couch potato when fatigue smashed him like a hammer, he became hyper and energetic; quickly burning out his last remains with periods of craziness.

Thus when he slipped past the trees and saw the shoreline, his orange eyes were treated to quite a theatrical show. At the centre stage was a lithe yearling female who proclaimed to be the queen. Mees wasn't sure if this was all a bad dream or whether he was turning crazy -- at least he did not spend any rational thoughts on the matter. Instead he too became a little pawn in this show, as he approached humbly. "Greetings Duck-ly McQueen." Mees said while switching his view from the ducks back again to the wolf. "So I take it this is your quacking kingdom?"
150 Posts
Ooc — Der
[size=x-small]-squeals with delight!-
Illona! I missed you. I missed everyone really. It's hard for me to express myself eheh.[/size]

Unsurprisingly or not, it had never occurred to the little red wolf that she might be perceived as "crazy" as she had always placed this particular label on other particular wolves--quite generously, mind you. So when the other wolf humbly approached her recently established throne, she was unfazed.

Pale green eyes full of ducks that swarmed the skies and lake, she did not take her eyes from them--well, she did sneak a peek at the fellow, but it was only a peek!--but held her stately stance. "Do you think that's a good title for me? Yes! Yes, I think it will do. And you, you will be Duck King...! Unless you find that a bit awkward, seeing as we hardly know each other. I also have the position of Prince, Knight, or lowly Jester." It was at this point that she broke from her stance and turned to look at the other wolf, and it was then that she quickly realized how unkempt he was. It was as if he did not know that hairbrushes and combs existed. "Oh! This will not do. If you are to be my king, you must look like a king. Come here so I can lick some of your hairs down." She imagined a more polished back, maybe something slicked back and trimmed short on the sides. That seemed to be trend these days, at least!

89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
<3

When Leaf asked if 'Duck-ly McQueen' was a good, Mees feverishly began to nod his head. A second later, however, when she spoke of positions, his began to sway his head from left to right, stating an obviously NO by body language alone. He was hardly a royal stuck-up prince, neither a brawny knight or a jokingly jester. "I'm DarkMees Duck." Mees stated very cordially, before adding; "Superhero extra ordinary, at your service!"

A gigantic frown of disapproval appeared upon his face when she wanted to speak of licking. In fact, it was a frown of disgust, as if stating 'girls have cooties'. Didn't she know that all his super-duper-ducky powers came from his messy hair? "You better not touch my hair." Mees warned her subtly, before adding. "..or else.." However -- she was the queen after all. What would she do? Bright, orange eyes watched her every move ..carefully.
150 Posts
Ooc — Der
Haha Darkwing Duck.

DarkMees Duck. Yes, this suited him much better. Even now, she could envision his ensemble: a dark cape with a fedora to match. It was only until the subject of hairs was on the table that the two had some split ends.

"Oh! Forgive me," she said, quickly understanding the situation--and defusing what could have been a sticky situation. "I will keep your powers intact." Glancing down at her own pelt, which had recently been combed by this morning's grooming session, she began to purposely ruffle it. She would not be opposed to having superpowers herself. "Now, for my first request as the newly installed Duck-ly McQueen," she said. Her stomach revealed her thoughts with a growl. "Do you think it would be unreasonable for me to combine with you and your superpowers to say--hunt down one of those ducks? Maybe we can eat a particularly rebellious one." Smiling nervously, she wondered if the younger wolf would find it odd that she was suggesting they dine on one of their citizens. Suddenly, she realized it was a bit odd and almost cannibalistic. She said nothing more but visibly appeared ill.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
When it came down to his thoughts of life and death -- even their inhabitants -- he accepted the vision The Lion King's Circle of Life. They were one, him and Leaf; but also their prey, caught in an endless cycle. Mees couldn't help but to sigh exaggerated in relief when she promised to spare his superpowers. He wasn't certain if it was her final verdict or whether or not she would change her mind the next day, like a Leaf being blown by wind's wishes, to and fro.

"As you wish, Duck-ly." Mees said teasingly and on purpose leaving out her royal title of queen. Not giving her really time to reply, the yearling stood up and began to suddenly -- out of the blue -- rush through the ducks. While most of them were already airborne, those that had no dying wish better flap their wings as well. Of course, Mees had a plan, his darting was not born from a momentum of insanity. Instead the male zigzagged through the crowd of birds while yapping left and right with his teeth, catching nothing but air.

His plan, however, was to lure the ducks into the direction of the queen so she could make the kill. Hopefully she wasn't one of those royalty figurines who sat on their iron thrones all day, hoping for nail polish to dry before lifting a paw. Because if so - think again. That was not how things would go in kingdom duck.
150 Posts
Ooc — Der
"Hey!" she said in protest, but her superhero had already sped off. For the more sedentary ducks, she watched as even those were sent high up into the air, and it seemed there was not a patch of blue sky to be spied. The fluttering of the ducks' wings was surprisingly loud, and she soon became enchanted by all of the movement and rhythmic noise.

It took her a little too long before she realized the other wolf's plans, and she immediately jumped from the seat of her pants and raced out to join him. For a moment, all she could do was enjoy the ducks that swarmed around her, enveloping both of them like some wild waterfowl whirlwind, but her hunger pangs brought her back to reality. She, too, began to snap her jaws, aiming particularly at the ones that were sent her way, but it quickly became apparent that she was--well, she was rather bad at this hunting thing. It was a miracle she was still alive.

"Your Queen might need a little more of your superpower juice," she asked sheepishly. The ducks did not pay heed, and so she repeated in a louder voice: "Seem to be all out of powers!" Yes, fresh out. Maybe he could pop out a fresh can for her from the refrigerator.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
..Ducks in the sky, ducks on the water, ducks on land. Ducks everywhere. The world was literally swarmed by ducks and Mees loved it. Adrenaline was rushing wildly through his body like a raging river, while his heart beat loudly in his chest. The energy he received was a reminder that he was alive and kicking ..ducks. Mees was too absorbed with the thrill of the hunt and the fun that came with it, that he momentarily forgot all about the queen. Of course, he would never admit to such a thing; not even with the threat of punishment lurking above his head.

When she first shouted his ears registered words but they had no meaning; the lingering sound of alarmed and panicked ducks was much, much louder. For a moment his orange eyes feverishly searched the sight of the bold Queen who had began her hunt as well. He wondered what she said; who would talk anyway during a hunt? Then again, his sudden hunting rush left no time behind for tactics and strategy. Perhaps that was something worth to mention, especially if they were to work together.

However, the second time she spoke, Mees felt an 'Oh' passing through his mind. She had no superpowers. Awkward. Well, that would be no problem. Changing his running direction, Mees had a plan to give her a great supply of superpowers -- if she didn't mind getting dirty. This part of the plan he also didn't hint for he was rushing towards Leaf's direction quickly. "Duck, duck ..duck." He shouted really loud. For a splash bomb of dirt, mud, earth and speckles of filth were now rushing into her direction along with the messy, unkempt DarkMees Duck. He knew he'd save the day -- but even more so -- he was curious to her reaction afterwards (..if he would survive the wrath of the queen).
150 Posts
Ooc — Der
He thinks I'm a duck.

The thought crossed her mind very briefly, but she dismissed it as silly. For one, it was very clear that she did not have the webbed paws she needed for swimming or the feathered wings for flying. She was but a mere, sad wolf. Still, she could see the other wolf's body turning direction. Yes, she could see him moving towards her, and he really was getting closer and closer. His orange eyes seemed to grow wider as well. Blinking calmly, she wondered if impact was imminent but decided that surely the other wolf would know how to stop--stop, stop, stop!

"Goose!" she screamed as she was tackled to the ground. She watched as the world spun white and then brown before spinning into an awful light brown with some greens tossed in. Part of her registered that this was her initiation into the world of superheros, but part of her thought it was all madness. The latter squished beneath her with a fart. "Excuse you," she coughed as she regained her sense of balance. Hastily, she scrambled onto her feet and shamelessly displayed her body to the young male. "How do I look?" she asked with mud smeared across her face and matting much of her fur.

There was even a twig clutching dearly onto her ear along with a worm wriggling along its edge. It was this very worm that drew a particularly hungry duck onto her head. It plopped onto her crown with a loud quack.

89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Haha, at the twig with the worm...

Of course this was madness, at least part of it was; he would never deny a part of the truth. But the other part was filled with bubbles and laughter. Superhero or an ordinary wolf, Queen or just Leaf, he was having a complete and utter blast. This was the most fun he had in a lifetime, especially since he could not remember much of it. Leaf, in all her silliness of seriousness, learned the male to relax and have a fun time. Even though he -- and she -- might not realize it, Mees learned an important lesson today.

Even if the young male braced for impact and a lot of mud and dirt was flying around, the lanky yearling could not help but to contain a large smile from ear to ear. Who said Superheroes only saved the day? "Perfect." Mees then explained on her question on how the mud-covered Queen looked. "Too bad I'm not a prince or a king. Otherwise I'd ask you out on a date; I can resist muddy females." The Gull wolf said casually.

With the story commencing of the (t)wig, worm and the hungry duck continuing, Mees stepped backwards as he envied her new, duck-like crown. His orange eyes were then focused upon the crazy ducks that were still flying around in panic. This was madness, it all was -- a perfect time to test out new skills. "So ..about these new superpowers of yours. Do they work? Try it out!"
150 Posts
Ooc — Der
Haha I'm glad. I don't consider myself funny, but I think you actually are. Oh, and unrelated but this thread is really pushing me to figure out my character!

Leaf laughed. She thought it funny that the other wolf was attracted to her because of her muddiness, and she was able to laugh because she was still unaware of more romantic feelings. "It is too bad. I even got all dressed up for you!" Because clearly dates were about looking hot.

"I'm sure they work," she said with confidence. Eyes rolling upwards, she watched as the duck consumed the wriggling worm before abruptly snapping upwards. Though she missed its body, she was able to catch a wing and with a fierce swipe of her paw, brought down the duck and pinned it beneath her. She then puffed out her chest, twisted her head to a more regal position, and chuffed. "Either someone made it very easy for me to catch this duck and wrote for me to win, or I have superpowers!" Clearly, these were the only two possible options. Somewhere, a writer smiled in approval. Sliding the duck towards DarkMees Duck, she gestured for him to take the first bite. It was all she could do to thank him. It felt good to have a companion who was willing to truly embrace the reality of this world. Like her, he could see.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
:D <3

When it came down to charming or wooing girls, he had about the sex appeal of a pineapple. But the mind of the yearling was rarely focused on the romantic aspect of relationships, instead he was just enjoying good company. At the first comment of Leaf he couldn't help but to smile from ear to ear; but this time he lacked a witty comeback.

"Bravo! Bravoooo-ooo..!" Mees said cheerfully as he tried to congratulate her superhero-powers of success as she swiped the duck with the swiftness of a cat. If he was a seal, he would have clapped like one. As the Pi decided that he could take the first bite, his orange eyes looked at her surprised. For a second thereafter, the yearling bit his leathery lips as he tried to be bold just once in his life. Perhaps his superpowers might work out after all. Oh boy.

"You definitely have superpowers." Mees complimented. "Let's see if my superduperpowers work." He then proclaimed before adding; "So, does this mean I can have a bite first and a date later?" A not so very subtle way to ask Leaf out on a date. He wasn't into romantic stuff. He wasn't even really realizing what he asked; but if he could have this much fun for a second time -- why not?
150 Posts
Ooc — Der
Pineapples were sweet. Leaf liked sweet. Blushing as she was congratulated for her rather unrealistic catch, she caught his surprise and began to nod her head emphatically in encouragement. Even her tail wagged in approval. Once more, she flushed with delight as her superpowers were confirmed. There was nothing like knowing you had these powers and were not mutated. It was like she had gained them free of charge!

When the orange-eyed wolf announced that he was about to demonstrate his own powers, Leaf tilted her head to the side. Her tail was wagging a little more quickly now and even her tongue lolled about in anticipation. But all this came to a screeching halt when she realized what she was being asked.

Swallowing hard, she concealed her distress with a smile that only touched the right side of her face. "Oh," she said. In an instant, her girl powers had kicked back in, and she realized he was a boy, and Leaf had heard once from a friend back in Relic Lore what boys and girls did together--and then her superpowers malfunctioned. She began to twitch, almost as if she had a tic, and her smile grew larger and larger until it plastered her face. Then, she stopped moving. Visible smoke seemed to rise from the little wolf's fried brain and formed a swirl. One of the over-passing ducks inhaled said smoke and began to cough violently. It later died that year of lung cancer.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
The yearling didn't feel the sort of nervousness a youngster in high school had when asking his crush out on a date. Because, for once he wasn't talking only in definition of candlelight, poems and a star-crossed midnight walk for two. And even if he was, Mees had already admitted that he liked his females or queens covered in mud without a second thought.

Curious orange eyes watched at his queen -- and his friend -- with a secretive delight. His leathery lips were forced carefully into a smile. But when Leaf suddenly froze like a rainbow popsicle, he wondered what was going on in her mind. Truthfully, he wasn't the most subtle of wolves, but maybe ..he ought to clear what he meant. But could he? How-to-undo-a-brainfreeze-101-for-dummies, attempt # 1. "With that date I just mean I'd like to see you again." Mees admitted like an excited squire, ready to go on adventure again; as long as the adventure was with this duck-like queen. "I've had a great time in duck kingdom. I-I'd like to be there again. With you." Chances were that after this particular day they'd never meet again, or only by luck. He wanted to outdo luck and draw his own plans. "On adventure." He added cheerily, hoping to have taken away her doubts.
150 Posts
Ooc — Der
Not sure if you wanted to end it around here?

Quietly, the little red wolf listened to the other wolf's explanation. It was clear he was trying to repair the situation, and she was all too eager to have it salvaged. Nodding her head even though she did not quite follow, she willed herself to be convinced by his logic. Yes, their adventures in the Duck Kingdom had been fun, and the other definition of a date was merely an appointment with someone else. Yes, maybe he had only meant that he wished to set up an appointment with her and nothing more. Yes, if he were to go on a date, it would certainly only be with Miss Adventure.

"I w-want to be here with you again, too," she said, before hastily rephrasing, "I mean, I'll make an appointment with you. I haven't found anyone else--well, anyone else like you. Not that I've been around for long." It was one of her first days in Teekon Wilds, and DarkMees Duck had the high privilege of being one of her first appointments or acquaintances or friends or whatever they were. The mud was beginning to cake in her fur, and she would spend up to an hour grooming herself out of the mess after they parted. They would have to meet up again, seeing as she would need to recover her superpowers. "You don't seem as new though," she said, alluding to his pack membership. She was interested in learning more about the packs in hopes of finding one that would fit her own needs. "Quack?"
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Yes :) Thank-you for the thread.

Appointment; a word that would never appear in his own mind, though it made sense. It was a rain check to meet each other again, when they both desired it, the Duck Adventures would have a sequel. His leathery lips turned into a wry smile as he practiced an usual superhero bow -- and at the same time -- it was time to depart; this time he wasn't sure where his adventures would lead him too. He was certain that, no matter what, they would meet again. "See ya around, Duck-ly McQueen." The midnight-painted wolf said before he stepped into his duck mobile car and vanished into thin air; while in reality he was bidding his adieu and moved away, deeper into duck kingdom with a light trot.