Sequoia Coast To and fro, the fawn goes
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
The sunlight beat down upon the fawn back of the tiny Viking. Blue eyes shifted to and fro; as she tightened her jaw around the small bundle of herbs she carried with her. With tiny steps she traveled towards the new land, land that would soon be claimed by her and her own. She sighed, a soft heavy sigh, and she allowed her ears to fall back to her head, and her head hanging down she went towards the area.

She was so very tired of all the pain and the jealousy that ate her up on the inside. It wasn’t fair to her, and to Ragnar and to Nerian. She had to trust her husband she did, but she didn’t know how to make herself do so. Though she guessed if she thought about it, it wasn’t necessarily him she didn’t trust, but rather the female. She sighed again and continued on doggedly, she was tired so very tired. So often now she could not sleep, as the night shadows wrapped around her like a cocoon, the nightmares came. The horrifying, terrible nightmares that had her fearing to fall asleep. When she would allow the dark to lull her to sleep, she was soon awakened with dreams of blood and gore and bear like growls and panting in the dark she lay there staring at the outside world. It was terrible.

She made it to the newly christened borders only to feel an overwhelming sensation of exhaustion. She had only come to bury some of her herbs, she made frequent trips here, sometimes with others, but mostly by herself, seeking the solace that her soul needed. She found an overhanging tree and thought this would be a good place to bury them. As she dug, she thought a small lie down, could make her feel better maybe. So she lay down, tilting her tail over her nose, the darkness pressed on her eyelids and she remembered nothing else.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
With a growing sense of how this world worked also came a growing hunger to learn even more. Questions began to pop like little shrooms from the earth while all the much-needed answers remain hidden from sight. There were wolves, many, many wolves in the area. Some of the wolves only passed through, their scent was slowly fading away with the passing of time. But others remained fresh as their paws created new pathways. With the steady rise of wolves in the area also came the cluttering of packs and the tension since privacy was hard to come by.

A feverish thirst for knowledge drove the yearling off his Isle; he felt more like a savage pirate searching for a treasure instead of tribe-native only wanting to settle down within known safe boundaries. Here, on these unruly lands he challenged the unknown as his orange eyes feasted on new sights to behold. Today his latest wanderings had driven him to the Sequoia Coast, which wasn't all too far from his island. He could also smell that another pack had taken its refuge nearby. His nostrils flared softly as he inhaled the scent of the other pack -- and a wolf from this pack -- upon neutral grounds. Of course, he made the solemn choice to rendezvous; if only to quench this itching thirst for more answers.

With each step he took, Mees came closer and closer to the Gamma of Horizon Ridge. There was a wolf into a deep slumber and while he usually would let her rest, something drove him to stop -- if only for a second. Mees smelled an herb-like scent and it gave him the impression that a dragon in wolf clothes lay there, hiding something underneath. As his fierce eyes narrowed, Mees noticed by her chosen location and her body language that more might be going on, but he couldn't pin-point what. A third option, and the most simple one at that, could be a wolf simply sleeping without a second thought.

"Looks like I'm seeing ghosts.." Mees' whispered his own thoughts softly -- as he was about to leave the slumbering wolf. A gut feeling, however, caused him to remain standing there just a second longer.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Hi there I don't think I had the pleasure of writing with you on WWS, but I am looking forward to doing so here. Your writing is beautiful and I must say I'm a bit jealous. :D

Unlike many, Thistle herself often thirsted for knowledge, but his was not of a broader spans. No she preferred to learn all she could, about healing, rather than much of anything else. She was very knowledgeable about healing and herbs, but she could always learn more and she wanted too.

Thistle woke with a start having felt eyes on here, as she blinked bleary eyes she saw another wolf standing in front of her. She had never moved so fast in her life. She was up and growling and snarling within seconds, a little bit scared, but angry mostly with herself for having been caught sleeping.

She looked at him for a moment and quieted slowly, but her hackles stayed raised. What ghosts do you speak of? What do you want? Why do you just sit there staring at others? She was wary and disgruntled, she didn’t know this strange wolf in front of her.

Studying him silently he was dark, darker than she was used to, most of the wolves in her pack were light or at least had white somewhere, except for Pump gods rest her soul, Pump had been black and just like that, she was sad all over again. She stood there with hackles raised, but blue eyes turned towards the stranger.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Aww, thanks <3 It is a huge pleasure to role play with you (:

Sleeping dogs don't bark and barking dogs don't bite. He wasn't so sure this mantra was really true because when she woke up there was growling and snarling in a matter of seconds. Mees flattened his ears protectively though he did not do anything to tempt her aggressiveness. With a calm but alert spirit he remained there, standing. He could understand her sudden reaction for being startled when waking up. However, at the same time he wouldn't allow her to chase him off; these were neutral lands after all, her sovereignty and rank meant nothing here.

After the volley or arrows questions was shot towards him, he took a moment to shift his weight from one paw to the other before replying. "I stood here for a second -- staring -- and wondering if everything was alright." That was the truth to his presence but not an answer to the questions she just posed. His tail gave a short wag to hint neutral to friendly intentions but if she only wanted to close eyes and sleep again, his ghostly presence would no longer linger here.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle slowly relaxed, her hackles lowered and her growls ceased and she stood there quietly with her tail hanging limply behind her for the time being. She was after all in neutral territory for now. Soon enough there would be a claim here, and they would move from the isle wolves and the bear. Not realizing that it was an isle wolf in front of her.

Thistle shook her head and spoke softly Everything is as fine as it can be right now, but thank you for your concern. She didn’t know what else to say, and she didn’t know how to react. The one wolf that had not been part of her pack that she had ever talked to had knocked her up and left, never to be seen again, so gods preserve her, if she was a little wary of strangers. She wagged her tail once in return to his, to show that she was not adverse to some small simple conversation. Nothing heavy or deep of course, she didn’t know if she could handle that right now, given her current mindset and the grief that clung to her, like shadows clung to the trees.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Awkward was one way to describe the situation. Mees didn't know how to address the entire ordeal, thus he remained standing there with doe-eyes. It wasn't until Thistle Cloud revealed that everything was alright, that the male's chest puffed forward and he sighed softly out of relief. Thankfully, that was good to hear. "You're welcome." Mees muttered softly underneath his breath as his tail wagged a little quicker to and fro.

Now what? The Wheeling Gull wolf noticed how Thistle Cloud wagged her tail as well, stating that casual chit-chat was alright. Mees nodded once as he decided to introduce himself. "Hello, my name is Mees. And usually I'm not preying upon others. I'm not from around these parts but I just joined the Gull pack."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle stood still and warily studied the male in front of her. Bright orange eyes looked out of a coat of mussy black. He fur stood up in odd places, and the mother in her wanted to lick the offending pieces down, but she kept her tongue and her thoughts to herself, after all you just didn't go around telling others such things or acting upon your thoughts.

She froze at mention of the gull pack, but realizing that he wasn't here to accost their territory, and by rights he probably didn't know they were claiming here yet. I am Thistle Cloud and it is a pleasure to meet you. She chuckled softly at his words of not preying on others. Well I am usually not sleeping in broad daylight where any can get to me either. Usually. She smiled then, with blue eyes lit up with mirth.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Most of the oddness from the situation had passed, fortunately, Mees felt he was able to relax and enjoy a friendly encounter with the Stavanger Bay wolf. At first he wanted to make a joke about how sleeping wolves don't bite but he bit his tongue, deciding against joking and goofing around and instead walk the polite path. "Thistle Cloud." Mees said gently, while then adding; "Pleasure is all mine."

At her comment about usually not sleeping in brought daylight he couldn't help but to smile and nod; it wasn't very often that wolves slept out into the open, exposed to potential dangers, without being in the safe haven of the territory. However, Mees wouldn't pry further for her reasons, he figured that she must be really tired or have a lot going on; at least he wouldn't let this chit-chat last for ours, he would soon be on his way. But before moving those paws, she seemed welcome to make casual introductions and in return, Mees could learn a new face. "Sequoia Coast offers a beautiful scenery. Can you pin-point a few nices places? Usually I come here only to travel through these lands but it's pretty awesome; if you take a look around just to see what it has to offer."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle was slowly becoming more comfortable in her current situation. She still wished her husband was here definitely, but at least for now she was okay. She gave him a small smile at his manners. They were impeccable, someone had taught him well, or he taught himself well.

Thistle wagged her tail more so and when he asked her about the scenery, she stopped for a moment and thought about the different areas. Where there is the sea lion shores, you can see the sea lions there, but be careful they can be dangerous. And the RAvensblood forest is worth a trip as well, it is ancient and there are a lot of plants and flowers underneath it’s boughs. She listened some more You like to travel then Mees?
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
It appeared that a wanderlust was edging within the rivers of his bloodline because Mees appeared to have been infected with it. He was not a wolf who always remained within the safe boundaries of the pack, instead he yearned to see what was out there; The Great Unknown.

Thus, when Thistle Cloud revealed which locations were good to explore, his heart skipped an adventurous beat while her words created new opportunities to take the roads less travelled. "Have you ever heard a sea lion roar?" Mees questioned, it was the first thing that popped in his mind; they were called lions for a reason but he wasn't certain if they were vocal animals. "Ravensblood Forest sounds enigmatic." He said while placing the location on his to-do list.

"I-I love to travel a lot, as long as I have a home because no matter what new horizons call; home is where the heart is."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle shook her head at him No I can’t say that I have, though I am sure it is a sound I must hear before I die. She would do her best to listen for a roar next time she was near their home, after all one should always take the most of what life could give you. She smiled softly and a bit shyly the forest held many memories for her alone, it was where she had conceived her children and where Ragnar had claimed her as his for the first time. Yes she liked that forest, It is certainly that, my husband loves it there, it allows you to think of things other than what this world offers here.

Thistle chuckled Yes indeed home is definitely where the heart it, I am a homebody myself, but I like to hear stories from travelers. You must fine me someday and tell me a story of your travels.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Had they been friends instead of just two random strangers the midnight-dappled wolf would suggest next to find out if sea lions roar or if they wouldn't. To discover, to explore, to witness; there wasn't a greater gift someone could give Mees other than to experience. But Thistle Cloud spoke of the shadow-side of an adventurous life for it meant he could not experience what it was like to be a home boy, to maybe even have a family one day. Those adventures would then be experienced by another and only by filling the holes of imagination could they be filled.

"Your family life also sounds lovely." Mees said sincerely, this time being able to temper his jealousy and feel happy for the Gamma who had settled well. "I will." He nodded his head and made a promise; if they would ever meet again, the black male would pour out his heart to the female. After all, not all who wandered were lost. "Do you think you can have best from both worlds?" The yearling said curiously while explaining what he meant; "I mean be adventurous and have a family? Is that even possible?" With hope he looked at the Gamma.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Oh my goodness i'm sorry I have been a bit busy the last few days.

Thistle looked at him and spoke softly I do not know I would like to think you could. Perhaps if you both like to travel you could have your children, or you could find a mate and settle down, but continue on with the outrider trade, that would get you out and about on missions for your alpha, so you could have your family, but your duty would be to travel. So yes I think it is possible, it just takes commitment, love and a little bit of work. She shrugged then hoping that she had answered the youth's question.

Sometimes she had wished that she had been braver, and that she would have traveled and experienced more, but at the same time, she was glad she hadn't. She as happy with her life at the moment. Content to stay the way she was and where she was.