Ravensblood Forest Drink my blood, Police Girl
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Private 
For @Æthelwulf. ♥ @Grezig can also tag along.

His pack seemed to take a liking to the plateau. The place was fine with him, and he lingered for a day or so before the desire to explore nearby territories overcame him, and he was off again by dusk. After crossing the shallows of a river, a forest came into view. It was nestled between two mountains, its trees tall and imposing. Intrigued, he entered its shadowy depths and was not disappointed with what he saw. The towering trees appeared to be bleeding, succulent droplets dragged down their frail bark by gravity.

Corvus approached a tree curiously, sniffing a glossy red bead. Unfortunately, it wasn't blood, but sap. Well, he supposed it counted, but the blood of a tree was far less appetizing and alluring than that of a creature. Oh well; it made for a nice aesthetic, regardless. The shadow stalked deeper into the woods, enjoying a leisurely pace and the coolness of night.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
again and again and again, until the lambs are lions!
8 Posts
Ooc — scowle
They bled. As if they had a heart to beat, and red through their veins, the trees bled. In ignorance, the soldier found no bliss. Instead, fear throttled his heart and Æthelwulf struggled to breathe past the bile rising in his throat. War stained his mind the color of decay, and no matter how desperately he pushed the memories away, they came to torment him sometime or another. As if trauma were some sort of demon that could, in itself, lust for pain - a voice purred sweet bedevils into his ears.

Young knight, it murmured. Where are you, now that they need you?

He bared his teeth to the threats only he could hear in a futile attempt to ward away what didn't exist. What a broken man it took to be thrust into turmoil at the sight of tree sap. So endlessly wrapped in his past was he that the River child didn't notice the approach of another until they were nearly upon him. Wild eyes swung to regard the stranger, blended with the shadows as though they were one in the same. The night was a fitting time to meet such a beast: what was moonlight, if not the spotlight for devils?

Æthelwulf was in a piss poor mood for company. He expressed his apprehension with a voice so quiet, the gentle breeze threatened to carry it away.

"I know so few awake at this hour with pure intentions," as he spoke, something told him this stranger was not one of the few. He was often wrong, though, and he waited with baited hopes to be proven so again.
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
I'm super hyper rn & in love with wulf, so I hope it's okay if I reply now. Grezig can still hop in!

He found it oddly fitting to find a man in the midst of losing his mind in such a perfect setting, trees bleeding around them in the darkness. The stranger had been baring his fangs at some internal threat when he interrupted the display, drawing cold eyes his way. Fire met ice, and the dark-headed man murmured something into the wind: "I know so few awake at this hour with pure intentions."

As do I, The shadow replied in complete agreement. Though an imposing figure in his element, there was no malice in his tone―but that likely wouldn't sway someone so clearly mad. He kept his senses keen and muscles coiled beneath dark pelage, yet the nosferatu still retained a signature nonchalance about him. What brings you here? He then asked conversationally. A vaguely amused expression was visible on his angular face, eyes burning like hot coals. Corvus just knew this interaction would be nothing short of interesting.

Romanian | English
8 Posts
Ooc — scowle
He found no solace in the apparent agreement of this stranger. Snakes, too, whispered concurrence - but their fangs remained sharp all the same. This man before him was not unlike the reptiles. Or was it his paranoia telling him so? What a poor thing it was: being unable to trust one's own mind.

"What brings you here?"

Æthelwulf titled his chin, narrowed eyes searching for telling signs of malice. He found none, but caution hissed to him in feverish gasps. Are snakes in the grass any less potent, River child? His tongue peeled from his jaws, dragging along his muzzle in a display of thought. He supposed engaging the stranger would do him no harm, should he keep the distance between them a comfortable sort. He considered the question, a pensive frown pulling at his lips. In truth? He was hiding. Destiny was a bloodhound locked on his scent, but he ran from the inevitability regardless. Coward. His muzzle twitched.

"I'm waiting."

How terribly vague.

"Perhaps, for company. Perhaps for someone like you," lies always tasted sweet upon his tongue.
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He felt wary eyes scan him for warning signs, a dash of pink lapping at a contrasting dark muzzle in thought. "I'm waiting," Was all that resulted. Vague, indeed―but reasonable for a paranoid mind. The beast was not unaware of his unnerving aura and could not blame wariness in his presence, especially in the absence of the sun. However, the stranger offered more cryptic words that said, "Perhaps, for company. Perhaps for someone like you."

Corvus tilted his head with great interest at that. And what is someone like me? He asked next, curiosity thoroughly stimulated now. The smallest of grins began to creep forth on his maw. If he were a more sinister creature, a menacing step forwards would be right on cue―but he was no such creature... at least, not now. His feet remained rooted in place, posture no less relaxed than before.

Romanian | English
8 Posts
Ooc — scowle
White split the darkness as the stranger smiled, and Wulf couldn't help but to be reminded of a dæmon he once met. But who stood before him wasn't of the same ilk, no, for they'd be communicating only through flesh and sin if so.

The stranger asked for more, and Æthelwulf found he had none to give. It was a dangerous thing to look into man's depths, to pry below the surface, to search. All the sweetest secrets lay there, a honey turned sour by the dreadful things a man kept alongside them. He never wished to know more of someone than that of which they offered freely. Usually, they only gave harmless things. Harmless, shallow things, but the River Child never cared much for depth anymore.

His company was waiting.

"And what is someone like me?"

"Show me."

A challenge? A tease? He wasn't exactly sure what his words were meant to be, for his tongue acted on its own accord.
so sorry for such a short post aaaa
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
The dark-minded one's answer both surprised and confused him. "Show me," He said.

So you don't know what you're waiting for? Corvus asked. He was intrigued... so very intrigued. Like a demon answering that who summoned it, he obliged the man with several deliberate, slow steps nearer. His footsteps were eerily quiet against the soft ground, as was he until close enough to murmur, ... Or are you so desperate you don't care? There was no mocking or malice in his tone, only pure, raw curiosity.

Face to face they stood, and Corvus pondered what his next move would be. The stranger wanted him to show what kind of creature he was—the monster who found pleasure in pain and knew only of battle and hardships. Not seeking to battle this man, he opted for something else: a small taste of his nature. Leaning into his space, Corvus brought his face to his ear. If the man did not pull away, devilishly sharp fangs would pierce the outer rim just enough to draw forth a bead of blood, which he would eagerly lap up.

It was the gentlest touch he could muster. He was an unorthodox beast of sin, pain, and violence... yet not one of malice. Corvus pulled back just slightly and peered into the other man's eyes that contrasted his so, wondering what laid behind them. This was a very strange interaction, Corvus thought then, but he found himself enjoying it. The strange was what enticed him, after all; like attracts like.

Romanian | English