Stavanger Bay All you have is your fire
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Private 
@Norsamu I'm going to keep certain details a little vague because the bear thread isn't complete yet. I'm assuming that everyone would be gone by the time they arrive.

He skidded to halt at the borders, terror streaking through his body and pushing all other thoughts out. He had been gone only a few days, but he barely recognized the bay. The caches were all ravaged, their contents strewn about the beach in pieces. He took a few tentative steps farther into what was once his home, and lifted his nose to the air. The stench of bear was the most prominent thing he scented, and under that was the faded scent of his packmates, all seemingly long gone. He hoped they had all been able to flee and had not suffered the alternative, but he honestly couldn't tell. The place was a disaster, and from the looks of it, completely abandoned. All this had happened, and he hadn't been here--hadn't been here to offer any help, or make sure that everyone made it out safely. He had been gallivanting around, drinking rum with pretty strangers while his pack was terrorized by a monster.

He snapped his head up then, remembering his reason for coming back in the first place. Norsamu. Dammit. Where was she? He had not been able to catch up to her but assumed he would find her on the border making a drunk fool of herself. She was nowhere to be seen, though, and he grew worried. Maybe she had seen the mess and taken off? That's what he would have done had this not once been his home. He wanted to call out for her but was afraid the bear might still be somewhere close, so instead, he began walking the borders to look for the white-maned female.
Took the breath from my open mouth
Never known how it broke me down
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
She somehow managed to come across the scent of wolves, and started to follow the trail that led to the bay. However her nose notably picked up another scent, one that brings fear and terror; a bear. At first, she was rather excited despite the dangers that lurked, because Norsamu has wanted to face a bear since she was young. Anything large and tough was worth a fight, she knew the risk of fighting one, but she didn't care, it'd be worth it. Her fellow rogues, dare not let her face one as she was far too young, and since then she has never picked up the fresh scent of a bear track- today seemed no different.

Mind was boggled a bit, she couldn't tell if the scent was fresh or old. Nose pressed the ground, she was attempting to follow any sort of trail her drunk self could detect. Norsamu picked up a familiar scent though, even through her buzzed mind she picked up a scent that was for sure around, "yooyoo," the maned wolf loudly called out; she saw Zigzag in the distance and started to approach, "pretty empty, ah. Suppose no challenge today, haha," she said. Can't fight no bear today if she can't find it.
Sea Shanties
Now we are ready to sail for the Horn
Weigh hey, roll and go!
Our boots and our clothes, boys, are all in the pawn
To be rollicking randy dandy-O!
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
He heard her rather than saw her and in an effort to keep her quiet, he walked up to her before speaking. Yeah, it wasn't like this when I left. The bear destroyed everything, he said, clearly upset about the situation. He looked around apprehensively before turning back to Norsamu and adding, Follow me. He had a spot not far from here near the water that would keep them hidden in case the brute came back.

While he walked, his thoughts drifted to the ravaged bay. He hadn't been a part of Ironsea for very long, but man he really like that place--the captain too. He really hoped she was able to get away safely but had no way of ever knowing unless he happened to find her at some point. When he reached his secret cove, he took a few steps into the water until just his feet were covered and sat down. He watched the waves rhythmically move over his front paws and spread out behind him before they disappeared into white foam on the sand. 

He lifted his head and looked behind him after a few minutes to see if the female had followed him. He wasn't one to dwell on things, but he needed a little bit to collect himself, because, seriously, this fucking sucked.
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
Norsamu wasn't one who tried to be delicate when another upset- she simply acted the same regardless. One could easily call her insensitive, but the situation had nothing to do with her, so why would she need to be sensitive on the matter? Her mind felt a bit more cleared as the stench of salt water drifted over, however her head seemed to pound ever so slightly. It didn't hurt bad enough to take a day leave, but that slight feel was enough to annoy her. She followed Zigzag in silent while trying to focus elsewhere, so that this mind pain could lessen.

The white maned female followed him to the small passageway and looked around curiously. She didn't like the idea of them hiding away from a bear, but maybe he brought her here for more rum? That would've been sweet, but the lad instead turned toward the waves and sulked, "my brother," Norsamu said cheerfully, ignoring is rather solemn appearence, "no more rum to spare, aye?

"Those packmates must've ran with it! No bodies yet, ah" she had her usual grin on, "or, they got snacked on." She chuckled at the rather morbid idea, simply regarding his feelings on his packmates.
Sea Shanties
Weigh hey, roll and go!
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Most of her words didn't really register. He caught the brief mention of rum, though. It seemed the gravity of his situation didn't quite register with the female. When she insensitively suggested that his pack mates may have been killed by the bear, he felt a quick flash of irritation, but it was gone just as quickly as it had come, replaced with a kind of sad understanding. She had no ties to this land, so why should she show any remorse about the situation. If he were in her position, he'd probably feel the same way. He wasn't in her position, though, he was in the much less attractive one where packamtes he sort of cared about and a land that had been growing on him had just been destroyed by a monster. 

He gave her a small shrug and made a very poor attempt at a smile before saying, Maybe. His attempt at sounding unaffected by the matter had very obviously failed. Finally giving up on trying to pretend he didn't really care, he sighed and said There probably isn't any rum left. The bear seems to have pretty efficiently cleared all the caches. Bears were known for having a sweet tooth, and he was sure the beast wouldn't have passed up a cache full of fermented fruit. Feel free to check if you want, he added somewhat dejectedly, not really caring what she did at the particular moment.
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
Norsamu felt awkward on the situation, his dejected responses somewhat bummed her out. She had thought coming here would've been fun, but it seems she missed the oppurtunity by just a few days, 'shame,' she thought. 

"Y'know, they probably moved down the coast. Aren't there more packs around?" The land was quiet large, so the white maned wolf only assumed there were quite a few around. She didn't know the size of the Ironsea wolves, their numbers could have been small or big, but she'd never know. There weren't bodies, but there was a possibility they washed to see.. Otherwise, they probably moved.

"Ya can probably go find them or some shit?"
Sea Shanties
Weigh hey, roll and go!
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
She was right; he could go and find them, but that was easier said than done, and what if he found something he didn't like? Images of his packmate's battered, lifeless bodies flicked into his mind and he gave his head a quick, hard shake as if that would erase the scene from his thoughts. He just was not very good with this stuff. What was he doing here trying to be a part of a pack? He didn't have what it took to give and receive that kind of loyalty. He felt like a fake here, trying to be something he so clearly wasn't. They would have all figured out eventually, anyway, so it was good he had an out now. He should just return to his solitary life as a wanderer where he belonged; no one depending on him or expecting things from him. alone. 

He stood suddenly. All the conflicting feelings and thoughts colliding with each other inside him were too much. He needed to run until he couldn't feel anything but exhausted. He needed to get the fuck out of this place. With a sideways look to Norsamu he quietly said, I'm....sorry, before sprinting away from her and the destroyed territory. He ran down the shore, his intent to get as from away from this place as he possibly could. He would run until his feet were raw if he had to; he just needed to get away.
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
'Well, shit.' The white maned female thought, watching the wolf run away. She boredly looked toward his fleeing form, giving no chase, and little care to his weak apology. Norsamu thought she gained a friend, but he carried too much baggage for her to bare. Most likely if he didn't ditch her, she would ditch him. Her brows ceased in irritation. She was mostly irked by the fact he had the balls to leave her first. Her natural competitive nature sparked in this moment. Even then, she didn't chase despite the thought to pummel him.

"Alright. Where do I go now, aye?" It only took a few moments to push the moment to the back of her mind, as Norsamu got up nonchantly, looking toward the sea. Her usual charismatic smile returned, as she held a gaze of adventure. It was time to wander once more.
Sea Shanties
Weigh hey, roll and go!