The party don't start 'til I walk in
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
@Ragnar, Beric is unsure of whether he's allow to enter or not, even though Ragnar accepted him. Could you pop in for a post or two? I'm going to post with Julooke, as well, so no rush. ^_^

Also, I learned how to use padding in my codes! *squeal*

After the run in with the Silvertip wolves, Beric was anxious to finally take Ragnar up on his offer. Even though he wasn't with the Isle wolves anymore, it was still getting him into trouble he didn't deserve. He knew that if he wanted to clean break, he had to join Ragnar and the pack. It wasn't that he didn't want to, he had just never reneged on his promise of loyalty before. He would sleep well at night knowing that he hadn't been the first to break promises made, and that he had to look out for himself.

He trotted a long the Sequoia coast, southward until he reached the arch of rocks that led into the pack lands. He could smell the border and did not venture beyond the rock wall opening. Ragnar had technically invited him to join the pack, but Beric did not have the confidence to enter without some reassurance. Lifting his muzzle to the afternoon sky, he called for the pack's leader. He wondered if anyone else would answer his call, especially Julooke. He had asked Ragnar to keep his joining a secret, and had promised himself to keep their meeting private. Either way, if Julooke was anywhere around, she would have heard his call. Would she have recognized it, though? He sat back on his haunches, waiting patiently.

248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Mary Ellen gave me/herself permission to powerplay as much as she wants. :-) Also, anyone else is welcome to join! It is kinda weird RPing myself... lol.

Julooke was in her den, belly up and snoozing. It wasn't often she would take a nap during the day, but she had gotten up particularly early that morning, and felt the need for it today. Plus, she really liked the scent of Verrine and if she couldn't get it straight from the source, she knew she could get it here. She wasn't in a deep sleep, so when the howl reached her ears, she was immediately upright. Her ears perked, though she almost didn't believe what she had heard. It couldn't have been him. Just in case, though, she crawled quickly out of her den, deciding to inspect the wolf at the borders. Surely, Ragnar wouldn't mind some back up and she just needed to know for sure.

She wasn't wasting any time, either. Her power nap had done her good, and she was racing to the shore. With each step, her hope grew that it could be Beric, but at the same time she was preparing herself to see someone else. She slowed when she reached the shore, her eyes scanning the area but seeing nothing. She walked slowly towards the arch in the rocks, stopping when he came into view. Her entire face lit up when she realized it was him. Beric! With a squeal, she ran towards him, fully intent on pouncing him. Her front legs lifted off the ground and came down on his shoulders. She felt him give way, and they tumbled together in the sand for a moment. Her laugh was joyous, and non stop for a few moments. She was just in awe that Beric had come back. I can't believe you're here! Where have you been?! She moved enough so that he could get up, but could not help crowding him just a bit, nosing the fur of his neck and whining in excitement.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
lol, and not a problem i need more warden threads :p!

<style type="text/css"> r1 {color:#5e6d7c; font-size: 10px;} .r1box {background-color: #0b0c14; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/TdbsUHq.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; border: 1px solid #4b4e55; outline: 10px solid #1f2633;} .r1text {margin: auto; width: 350px; color:#313d4a; text-indent: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 420px; margin-bottom: 30px;}</style>

While Ragnar had not forgotten about the offer and deal, of sorts, he had made Beric he had only thought of it in passing wondering if something had happened that had made Beric change his mind about joining Stavanger Bay. The appeal of family would have been enough for Ragnar (among other things) but he understood that not every wolf could be as family oriented as he was though he had expected that Beric had been. It was an errant expectation and a foolish one, at that. He couldn’t deign to know the minds of other wolves, he could only run off of his assumptions and pre-gathered facts. The man had asked for time, he hadn’t specified how much and Ragnar wasn’t about to go chasing after him. Either he would come to the Bay when he was ready or he wouldn’t come at all. Still, Ragnar had kept his word and did not bring up the conversation with neither Verrine or Julooke.

Leg lifted to mark the borders again, despite that they were undeniably strong, feeling the need to re-re enforce them since the two loners had managed to slip in and seemed to have themselves thoroughly convinced that they hadn’t scented borders. Either their noses were incapable of working or it had been meant as an insult to not just Ragnar but all of the Bay who had collectively pulled together to get their borders marked out. He had made his way to another tree, preparing to lift his leg when the call rose. Border patrol and marking temporarily placed on hold Ragnar abruptly altered his course and made his way to where Beric’s call rose from.

As the platinum Viking approached the scene he realized as he glimpsed at the tangled bodies on the earthen floor that he had not been the first to greet Beric. Julooke had moved then allowing the man, Ragnar presumed, to get up. The Jarl offered his subordinate and Delta a nudge to her cheek, assuming a natural dominate pose though he was not excessive or showy about it as he might have been would this have been different circumstances. “Beric,” The scarred Northman greeted the once Isle wolf. “I am assuming I am correct in knowing why you are here?” Ragnar tried to be elusive with his words given that Julooke was standing but a few feet from him, knowing that Beric had been the one who had wanted to surprise the young couple with his decision to join the Bay’s ranks.

133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He had gotten distracted admiring the rock that loomed before him. He had never seen it stretch from the beach into the ocean, or even have an archway in it. He was attempting to figure out just how it managed to do that when a squeaky voice reached his ears. They perked and his head turned just in time to see Julooke barreling towards him. He had little time to prepare himself for the tackle, and he laughed as she took him down. They tumbled a few times in the sand before she let him up. She asked him a barrage of questions, none of which he had time to answer before Ragnar showed up.

His ears folded softly on his head as he took a submissive stance to the leader of Stavanger Bay. If the offer still stands, yes, he responded with a nod. He didn't automatically assume that what was said in the meeting still held today, as it had been longer than he expected. He had wanted to come just a few days after the meeting, but meeting Ypres, and the Silvertip males had delayed him. Beric was unsure whether Ragnar felt this time lapse was disrespectful, and waited for a response from the other male.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Before her questions could be answered, Ragnar appeared, nosing her cheek. Julooke naturally went into a submissive position, her tail low and her ears folded softly on her head as she returned the familiar greeting. The excited female was just about to introduce the male she considered a brother, when Ragnar spoke up. Julooke's expression turned to confusion. Did they already know each other? How? How did Ragnar meet Beric before she even knew he was here? Her head turned between the two males as they spoke.

She desperately wanted to question them, but Julooke knew better than to interrupt Ragnar during what seemed like business. What offer was made? Her front paws danced on the sand as she tried to control her excitement and confusion that rolled together in one big ball of emotion.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
<style type="text/css">table.ragnar {background: #ffffff url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/theder/ragnardertable_zpsefab268a.png") no-repeat top center;}</style>
The Jarl watched as Beric assumed a submissive stance, giving a stern nod in acceptance of it, giving a similar gesture to Julooke as well when his eyes of Caribbean ice flickered to her to see her own lowering of submission at his presence. During their meeting Ragnar and Beric hadn’t really hammered out details of his joining beyond that Ragnar had made the offer and Beric had more or less accepted, which by all technicalities meant he was apart of Stavanger Bay. Still Ragnar appreciated Beric’s patience at the borders in the case that something had changed. Ragnar’s mind had not changed, but the sign of respect gave the once Isle male points in Ragnar’s book. A little bit of time had passed but Beric had inquired about it and Ragnar had bestowed it upon him. He was not certain how well Majesty had taken it given that it was no secret that Ragnar disliked the earthen colored Isle alpha and he felt that perhaps that courtesy was returned in a mutual array of dislike between them. Ragnar’s judgments about him were harsh but the Viking would never apologize for them because he was entitled to his opinion just as much as anyone else was.

"If you want it, it still stands and you are welcomed." Ragnar told Beric with a coy twitch of his lips trying not to give it away to Julooke while giving it away to Julooke. The secret was more or less out into the open now and while Ragnar knew that attending to this matter was first he didn’t want to linger too much longer than necessary so Beric and Julooke could catch up with one another. The scarred Northman assumed they had a lot to tell each other and Ragnar did not want to intrude on that level of familial privacy.

133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Beric smiled at Julooke's obvious difficulty at holding in her excitement. It was also apparent to Beric that she had no idea what they were talking about, which meant Ragnar had kept his word. His tail wagged when the other male confirmed the offer was still open, and he nodded. Thank you, he said simply, with a bow of his head. He was truly grateful to the Alpha for allowing him this chance to be reunited with his family, especially after learning Beric was part of the pack that had moved so close to his own. Ragnar had every right to chase him off, but instead was offering him a home. One day, Beric would find a way to show his appreciation.

Turning to Julooke with a smile, he ended her agony. Looks like you and I are going to be pack mates again, he said with a smile. He couldn't wait to tell Verrine as well, knowing that he he had asked him to come live with him, and Beric had turned him town. He felt bad about that, but it was in the past, just like his short time with the Isle wolves. He considered Naya and Ypres friends, though he didn't think Ragnar would appreciate it if he went and visited. Maybe they would run into each on accident, away from both their pack lands. But, right now, that didn't matter.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Julooke was dancing in place, using all of her willpower not to be rude and interject. Ragnar confirmed that, whatever it was, it still stood and Beric was welcome to it. Julooke's mind was racing, and she could only come up with one thing. Not able to hold back, she asked excitedly, Beric! Are you joining? Her voice was a little high-pitched, but she couldn't help it. He confirmed he was, and she squealed in delight, jumping on top of him in joy. This is so awesome! Manners all but forgotten, she attempted to show Ragnar how grateful she was by trying to wolf hug him, as well.

She turned to Beric, Oh my stars, we have so much to catch up on! she explained happily. Did you know me and Verrine are mates, now? Her eyes were wide, tail wagging, and she was smiling. Have you seen him? Did he know you were joining? How come you didn't call me before now? How did you find us? The questions tumbled out of her mouth, and she only paused to take a deep breath before she continued. This is so awesome! I can't believe you're here, she admitted, leaning her shoulder into his. She wasn't sure if she would let him out her sight again. He was like a brother to her, and it made it all the more precious because she hadn't been able to find her other siblings since the Dragon pack had split.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Last post for Ragnar and I. :-) I'll get Beric ranked up and things. <3

<style type="text/css">table.ragnar {background: #ffffff url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/theder/ragnardertable_zpsefab268a.png") no-repeat top center;}</style>
Ragnar took Beric’s ‘thank-you’ to be a confirmation; he still wanted to join them. Never having been a man of too many words except in circumstances when it was needed Ragnar let the matter be settled now that it was confirmed. There was no need to hear the actual words or acceptance from Beric now because technically he already had during their first meeting. Beric was the third, now, from Wheeling Gull Isle to deflect to the ‘enemy side’ though in truth Ragnar wasn’t sure and didn’t really car what Majesty thought of him. Or…given his conversation with Mees and the spoken word that the once alpha of Wheeling Gull Isle was mysteriously gone leaving the Isle in a complete and chaotic disarray with no clear hierarchy and at the time of Mees’ departure no leader he wasn’t sure where he stood with the Isle. Given the vast stretch of distance between them he supposed that he should let bygones be bygones. There was much more than adequate distance between them but Ragnar suspected, despite the fact that he didn’t hold grudges, he would never fully accept them as a pack or even like them simply because the asinine behavior displayed towards the once Ridge wolves by parking on their once doorstep.

Julooke, in her excitement, went from giving Beric a wolf approximation of a hug to turning to Ragnar and doing the same. The Jarl stood still in a show of good nature at her uncontained excitement and appreciation, accepting her joy with a small smile on his lips devoid of the coyness his trademark smirks normally held. The Viking wasn’t used to such affection from subordinates, created in a moment of nothing but pure delight and his ears slicked back to stand at half mast in a manner that was almost bashful. It was gone within the same second it had overcame him (because Ragnar Loðbrók was far too savage and manly and beastly to accept that he actually felt bashful, apparently). The Jarl cleared his throat once and chuckled once at her enthusiasm as Julooke told Beric all they had to catch up on and spoke when he felt she had finished, "I’ll go ahead and give you your privacy to catch up with one another." He hadn’t really asked Beric what skills he had but he figured there was more than enough time to do that later. With a trademark coy smirk this time, the Jarl turned and vanished into the thick and towering ancient woods that bordered their scent markers figuring he would check in on their prisoners quick and then spend some time with his children.

133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Thanks so much!!

Ragnar made his excuses and left the pair to catch up. Beric made a mental note to talk to him later since they had never real gone over the major topics of interest when they first talked. Beric wanted to make it known that, like Verrine and Julooke, he was well accustomed to working for his place within the pack, and he would be a good warden.

But, for right now, his main priority was spending a little time with his family. Julooke was excited and couldn't help but show it, and his tail wagged in response. It was so good to see her; he had missed her. Her vibrant personality was just what he needed right now. He was barraged with questions, and he laughed. She hadn't changed a bit, and he loved it. He nudged her neck affectionately with his nose. That's great that you and Verrine are finally together! I knew it would happen one day. Did he finally tell you his feelings? Verrine must have taken his advice, after all, and it had worked out splendidly. Maybe Beric should give out love advice more often. I did run into Verrine a while back. I was with Wheeling Gull Isle then, and though Verrine tried to get me to join here, I was loyal to them at the time. Things had changed quickly, for the better, he believed.No one told you earlier because I wanted it to be a surprise, he said with a smile. I hope you'll forgive me for making you wait so long, he added, giving his best charming expression to her.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Sometimes, Julooke just couldn't control her feelings, especially when it came to excitement. She held it off as long as she could, but when Beric said he was joining, it was her undoing. Thankfully, by now, Ragnar was really getting to know her, and he never said it bothered him when she was particularly affectionate, with hugs and things of that nature. It was just her personality, and try as she might, she just couldn't hold it in sometimes. The majority of the wolves she considered family or friends didn't mind, and she was thankful for that. Ragnar said he would leave them with catching up, and Julooke smiled at him, Thanks, Ragnar, she said in a moment of seriousness. It wasn't just for letting them catch up, but allowing Beric into the pack and giving them a chance to be together as a family again. It was something profoundly important to Julooke.

Beric seemed happy that the pair was finally together, a sentiment Julooke shared since she knew how long she had had feelings for Verrine. He did, after I told him I love him first, she replied with a smile. She was proud of herself that she had taken the chance and told him, and couldn't have planned out any better the result. He then explained Verrine had known about his presence, but that Beric wanted it to be a surprise for her. Well, you did it! I was certainly surprised! she said, laughing. Of course I forgive you! How could she not? Her mind caught up with what he had said, and she backtracked a little. Wait, you were with the Island wolves? she said, trying to confirm it. And Ragnar let you join here anyways? Her eyes were wide, showing her shock. She knew Skoll came from the Island, too, but he was family to Ragnar. When she realized her leader had done the same for her, her heart swelled. He had put aside his resentment for that pack and let Beric join. She would have to thank him again later, for sure, now that she realized how many things was working against Beric joining.

But, it didn't matter now. He was here, and she would definitely make the most of it!
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Beric gave a look of shock when Julooke said she had told Verrine she loved him first. Well, you go girl! he said excitedly. Julooke had really grown in her years apart from Sterrenvuur. He knew she loved the pack, but she seemed to have matured since having to find her place in this world. It was good for her. With a wicked smile, he leaned towards her and asked, Am I to assume babies will be next? It was, after all, the obvious assumption to be made.

He was surprised by her shock that he was with the Isle wolves. He had long since known of the reputation, and general hatred towards the pack by Ragnar. He nodded, confirming her question. Yes, and yes. He and I met back at Totoka River, by chance, and I asked him if I could visit you and Verrine. Instead, he offered me a spot within his pack. Beric couldn't believe his ears at the time, but he jumped at the chance to be with his family again. Ragnar gave me a little time to tie up loose ends before I came, he added. Not that it had really mattered in the end. Majesty had let him go without so much as an oppositional word, making it a little easier for Beric to leave. He felt no guilt for where he was now.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She smiled, her tail wagging, when he supported her. It wasn't often Julooke was very brave, but she had felt courage that day she never even dreamed she could feel. And it had worked out so wonderfully. Her gaze turned downward, though, in a moment of shyness when Beric mentioned puppies. Her smile was soft, and she shrugged. I dunno, we haven't talked about them yet, she admitted. All in due, time, though, she figured.

She smiled at the story. It seemed fate had brought him here. Well, I'm really glad he offered, and I'm really glad you came, she said honestly. She had missed him, and her siblings, so much after they had all gotten separated. At least she had one of them back. Let me show you around! she said excitedly, her nose prodding his shoulder to get him moving. Julooke spent most of the rest of the day with Beric, showing him around and generally playing catch up.