Shadowwyn Moor A newcomer in a new land
105 Posts
Ooc —
The darkness of night enveloped the land, and from this darkness, the shape of a wolf seemed to materialize. Sorin had been traveling for days now, stopping only briefly to rest each afternoon. He had learned long ago that traveling in the day was asking for trouble. Now, he came to stand upon a wide open plain. The vast grassland stretched out as far as he could see, broken only by the occasional trees and jumbled, battered branches strewn across the plain. Sorin wondered briefly about the branches, what could have possibly caused them to be placed in such a disorganized manner. It certainly wasn't beavers. However, he knew nothing of tornados, and so the mystery remained just that to the rugged male.

The mystery of the plain didn't stick around for long though. Soon, Sorin set off into the darkness, seeking to explore this new land he had arrived in. He stalked through the night, using the darkness and the shadows to conceal himself. The clouds that would briefly drift across the moon only aided in casting a veil of darkness over him. While his actions may have seemed sinister to others, for Sorin, it was an ingrained practice, a behavior that had kept him alive for many moons.

As he continued, his eyes were constantly scanning the area around him for prey, or potential threats. Although, as of now, he couldn't see or smell anything but grass. Still, he trotted on, hoping to come across prey that would sate his aching hunger.
58 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
after meeting the girl, she stays here a while, for reasons beyond her comprehension. it's not the most scenic place in the world, and there is much more to explore. but she is content to linger for now, though she must join the others soon. she wanders the storm-ravaged moor, hunting for small game to keep her hunger at bay and contemplating her next move.

a shadow on the horizon catches her eye, and she meanders toward it, gait sultry. he is handsome; a smile erupts over her lean face as she comes within calling distance, though not speaking yet. there is no need to verbally announce her presence; the land is barren enough that he has seen her coming from a mile away, if he is observant at all.

tasha comes to a halt a few paces away, ears pitched far forward in intrigue.

you look lonely, she bullshits, not seeing anything over his face that would signify that emotion--but she had to start somewhere, right? would you like some company? of course, she won't take no for an answer.
native tongue // common tongue
105 Posts
Ooc —
Sorin continues looking for prey, lost within his mind. His past, all of the pain and loss he has been through, is never far away. He shoves it to the back of his mind, but it always haunts him, waiting for an opportunity to drive him further into a pain ridden madness. He growls under his breath as he battles with himself. But to the world at large, his expression is the epitome of neutrality. Only those who know what to look for can see the pain, set deep within his eyes.

After walking a ways, Sorin picks up the scent of another. He turns toward her, seeing a similarly dark pelted wolf, her eyes glowing in the dark. Her gait would be attractive, but such actions have no effect on him; not anymore at least. She stops not far away, calling to him. Sorin pauses in his stride, laughing as her words reach him. "Oh yes, I am lonely. I am more lonely than you can possibly fathom. But I desire no company." His eyes blaze with conviction as he speaks, his face showing none of his pain, only an eerily neutral gaze. Sorin had fallen once before for a womens tricks, and he had promised himself never to do so again. So he only watched her, not giving her anything to work with.
58 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
she lets out the barest of snorts, more a sniff than anything else. "that seems a little presumptuous," she remarks, looking for all the world like she was disappointed beyond measure. "you have only just met me, and you are spurning my company." mouth twisting as a sigh escaped her, she looked wistfully across the moor, as if trying to figure out her next move.

"are you sure i cannot change your mind?" tasha asks, glancing toward him. "i am new here, and without many friends. i could use one, truthfully," she admits, a shy smile bleeding across her muzzle.

in her head, she stomps and curses, kicking at his face with no great malevolence but, instead, petulance. he thinks he is edgy, for feeling pain, for wishing to remain alone. she knows his type. one whiff of a woman's lust and they're back to their old ways soon enough. it will just take a little time and effort to bring him 'round.
105 Posts
Ooc —
Sorin listens with a critical ear, snorting himself at her words and behavior. She's a temptress, no matter what facade she is trying to put up. Her smile, the look on her face, her honeyed words. He had seen it enough times to be fooled easily.

"Perhaps it is presumptuous, but I think I can tell what company I desire," he says lowly. His previously neutral look slips for a moment, revealing a coldly calculating expression. "Besides, I have no intention of keeping a temptress company. I've already made that mistake." He curses himself internally for the slight slip.

He laughs once again at her final statement. Friends? Ha,  making friends was the furthest thing from his mind at the moment. "I'm sure you could find plenty of weak willed men to make friends with. But I think I'll pass." She may think she can have him easily, but he will be anything but easy. He hadn't survived the tyrant's reign by being weak. He hadn't survived his heart ripped apart by cowering and craving the presence of whatever a pretty face had to offer. For, although it would never show, he did grudgingly admit to himself that she was fairly attractive. But that didn’t mean he was going to fall prey to whatever trap she was setting.
58 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
oooh, this one is salty. wonder what kind of wounds he had suffered to put him into this kind of mood. she bears his abuse with an ever-growing smile, blinking slowly as he wraps up. are you finished? she asks sweetly, cocking her head. that was not very nice of you to say. but i will leave you be, if that is what you desire.

tasha turns and begins to saunter off, shoulders hunched in a shrug. she stops and turns slightly, casting her gaze back to him. let me know if you change your mind, she adds impassively, finally letting her true, i really don't give a damn colors flit over her face. i will be around.

with that, the marauder princess pads away, wondering if he'll follow or not.
105 Posts
Ooc —
Sorin does feel a slight flicker of guilt at his words. After all, she hadn't done anything overtly seductive. And yet, he feels deep down that his evaluation was true. So he was wary and brusque. It isn't her fault, if he is being totally honest with himself. It is the wraiths.

And just as he thinks of her, she appears in front of him, the ghost of a wolf only he can see. He growls aloud as she whispers, taunting him for his suspicion, for his lack of feeling, for his lack of heart. She smiles slyly at him, before disappearing once more into his mind, the ghostly grin being replaced by the smile of the wolf standing in front of him.

He nods slightly as she announces her leaving, still distracted by his demon. "I'll bear it in mind," he says as she leaves. Then, he too turns away, fighting a losing battle with the demon in his heart.

Thanks for the thread.