Phoenix Maplewood A mother's treasure is her daughter
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Private 
Set the afternoon of Nov 5th

Aviana had taken a little time to think after she and Sunny's conversation before she decided to let @Faye know she had to leave for a couple days. It was the first time she and her daughter would have been apart since her birth, and the mother was a little nervous. She knew Faye would be safe, but she still hated leaving her for any length of time. 

She approached the densite and looked around. Faye? she called out, hoping her daughter was somewhere nearby, If not, she would go searching for her.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
41 Posts
Ooc —
Faye is sprawled out on her back, legs crossed over every which way that very clearly be comfortable but somehow is. She’s dozed off in the afternoon sun when her mother comes nearby, rudely shouting her name and causing her to stir. One leg kicks her in the face and she groans, jerking her head but maintaining some of the form when her mother approaches. Awkwardly, the girl looks at her upside down mother, blinking a few times while she determines whether or not this is something important.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Movement catches her eye and she turns her gaze in time to see Faye kick herself in the face. For a split second, Aviana was worried, but then it was obvious that her daughter was fine. She chuckled as she walked over to her, tail wagging as she attempted to nip at her daughter's exposed belly. Hopefully, that would get her upright.

Aviana sat back on her haunches, trying not to look too serious. I wanted to let you know that I'll be gone for a couple days, she told her. I have to go visit a friend, but I'll be back quickly, she added, hoping Faye wouldn't worry. Sunny is going to look after while I'm gone. As far as she knew, they got along okay, so she didn't expect anything wrong there.
41 Posts
Ooc —
Her mother gets closer and she smiles, lips drooping with gravity and she watches her come up and drop her nose. Faye’s limbs stretch out and try to block her but she gets a gentle nip upon tender flesh. The girl bursts into a giggle fit and she slumps, only half of her upside down, but eventually (and reluctantly), she comes to attention when Aviana sits back, waiting.

Okay, important?

Rounded ears tilt back slightly as her mother speaks and her brows knit together. She hasn’t spent a night away from her mother before and so her heart skips a beat, worried about what’s to come. Her jaw tightens, grinding her teeth, as she explains Sunny will be the one to keep an eye on her.

“I don’t need him t’watch me,” she informs—hmph—with confidence. “Why ya gotta go? Why can’t I go?” she starts, voice increasingly louder by the word.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana expected the push back, even though she had been hoping for none. She couldn't blame Faye, though. You have to have someone looking out for you, and Sunny is it, she said softly. There was no wiggle room there for argument. This trip I have to do alone, but I'll make you a deal, she replied, letting that sink in before continuing. When I get back, we'll go on a day trip outside of the pack lands, she promised. But, only if you're good for Sunny, she added. No trips for bad little girls!
41 Posts
Ooc —
Wasn’t she big enough by now? Surely she can take care of herself! It’s only a few days. What does she do in a few days? She sleeps and eats and place and kinda wanders around. She doesn’t need someone there every moment! Her mother insists of it, though, and she sighs, dejected, and slumps to the ground. Even the promise of visiting some unknown place doesn’t sway her. 

Oh! The humanity!

Faye sprawls out on the ground and huffs, looking up every so often at her mom to see her reaction.