Lost Creek Hollow Not some marionette; I cut my strings and I went wandering
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Joining 
WC: 497
Please allow @Allure to post first, then AW<3
--------------------------------------------------
Through the wilderness the pair had travelled, hardly straying far from where their guard hairs could touch as they moved, travelling from one end of the country to the other- or at least, that was how it felt. It felt as though years had passed since they had left the Wilds, leaving behind the ruins of a family life that had fallen from something wonderful and into shambles shortly before they’d gone. The upheaval they’d both felt had been massive- but getting away had seemingly done them both good, as they were finally refreshed enough to return, in hopes of finding the green sprouts of family from what they’d left behind. For Allure, Shrike knew that would mean trying to track down Cypress and Rannoch, and for him...Well, as long as he had Allure, he would be content. Beyond her, his only existing family had excommunicated him when he’d turned down Fox Redleaf’s proposal. He supposed she likely still lived, and likely would still kill him if he went anywhere near the Caldera. The only wolf he’d cared to see, after he’d left, had been Elwood. Elwood had been a good friend to him...And Shrike intended to seek him out and thank him, and still held some small hope that some day, Lucy might still turn up if she hadn’t already.

They roved through the wilderness, passing through old, painful memories as they did so and searching for any telltale signs that their family had been here or there. Allure seemed to have more of a feeling for searching than Shrike did, so he followed her everywhere she prompted that they should search. He wasn’t entirely sure they would find Cypress or Rannoch in the area, or even Kjalarr, if he was still hanging around at all. But he had faith in Allure’s judgement...Though despite that, he still found himself slightly surprised when they came upon a scent, one that lined the borders of a pack, that was familiar to her. Having never met Rannoch, he didn’t recognize the scent...But there was another one that was familiar, oddly enough. It reminded him somewhat of the Caldera- and Shrike was an excellent tracker, so he was able to connect the scents somehow, but having never met Liffey, there was no distinct connection.

He looked to Allure and touched his nose to her cheek. ”Here?” He asked, then. They would need a place to settle down, and they had both intended to find a pack that would take them in. If she was sure, he would be sure too. Anywhere that Allure deemed fit for them to live would be enough, as he trusted her with his life. They had had life together and life apart- and he knew that he never wanted to be apart from her again. After having innondated her with his own family for several months, she deserved to choose where they got to stay in the wilderness here.
--------------------------------------------------

And that first kiss coming, let's just freeze the frame
Your eyes were closing, as mine were opening