Sleepy Fox Hollow To remind them
6 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
She had crossed through the open, still plane known as Meadowlark Prarie to the locals. The birds that gave it its name had been absent upon her arrival, having migrated to somewhere warmer than the exposed fields. 

The dark tangle of trees she had approached had carried the scent of pack on the wind and she had chosen to go around it - giving the residents of Blackfeather Woods a wide berth. The warlock had no intention of approaching a pack, there was nothing for her amongst their ranks. 

From there she had cut across what was known as Otter Creek, partially frozen in the cold months, and had been lucky enough to feast on a young otter that had frozen some time in the night. 

With the meal to replenish her energy, Lorelei turned to the mountains. She knew nothing of these lands and had chosen east at random. If it should pass that she found nothing worth staying for, she would turn west once more. As it was, the mountains called to her - demanding that she conquer their heights. 

The path was steep, rocky. Her bones grew weary and as evening bled into night - Lorelei stopped amidst a ghost town of a clearing. The only sound to greet her was the scrape of bare branches in the wind, a forlorn sound, and the calls of a vixen somewhere in the distance. 
NOCTIS FILIAS
Join the Sisterhood, become a Daughter of the Night. 
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn had found herself wandering from the territory again, not fully able to shake the feeling that she no longer belonged there. She had taken on some more responsibility per her alpha's request, but it had only briefly kept the feelings of being lost at bay. Over the last few days, she had woken every morning to the quickly growing feeling that she was a stranger in her life. So, she had skipped her patrol and set out beyond the borders in search of anything that might make her fee like herself again...whatever that was.

She had traveled to the mountains again but this time had entered the range from farther south. The peaks were cold and the terrain was unrelenting, but she welcomed the challenge. The clearing she finally came to peaked her curiosity, and she made her way down the mountain and into the winter-stripped meadow. She could tell that the area was probably quite the sight in the spring and summer, but the cold of winter had stripped the clearing of its color and left it with only dull browns and greys. Still, she pressed forward only stopping when she caught the scent of another. She followed the trail until she saw the dark stranger in the distance. She moved forward, releasing a soft chuff when she was close enough before coming to a stop, wanting to make sure she wasn't intruding before coming any closer.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
6 Posts
Ooc —
Her head turned, taking in her surroundings. It was a bleak place, though probably lush in the warm season, but perhaps she would find shelter amongst the trunks or near the base of the stone walls. 

A soft sound, accompanied by the welcome scent of female, brought her back to the center of the clearing as a woodland woman approached. A few wags of her dark tail spoke of her joy at seeing another of her own species. 

"Blessed be, Soror," she greeted in soft tones. "I hope I have not intruded close to your pack's lands," she murmured apologetically. Though she herself carried no loyalty to the unknown gatherings within these lands, she also had no desire to stir up conflict with their members.

The scent upon the stranger's coat spoke of belonging to one such group but she seemed wary, not territorial. Lorelei fell silent, waiting to see if the woman would indeed tell her that she needed to remove her presence from the neutral territory. 
NOCTIS FILIAS
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Seeing the friendly wag of the other woman's tail, Brynn took a few more steps closer. She shook her head the dark wolf's words. Sorry, um, no. I'm...far from my pack's territory, she answered, ears falling a little. I, um...My name is Brynn, she offered next, cheeks heating a little at her awkward response. It seemed no matter how many times she did this, she was at the mercy of her awkward social skills. Her early life had not been easy, and she had spent so much of it on her own trying to survive and avoiding everyone that now she found herself socially inept in most situations. Once she had acclimated to pack life, she was like a different wolf around her packmates--no stammering or hot cheeks, but put her in a conversation with a stranger, and it was like she forgot how to talk in normal sentences and often found herself apologizing for nothing. 

She smiled shyly at the other woman and looked away nervously, but said nothing else, instead waiting to see what she had to say.
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
6 Posts
Ooc —
A soft smile twisted her features at the shy girl's nerves - for she did not know Brynn and assumed this was her usual personality. 

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Brynn, truly," her onyx crown dipped in what might have been a curtsy were she human. "I myself am a foreigner in these lands, seeking a new life. It's enchanting to encounter a friendly face." 

Lorelei was night personified - black as ink with no true undertone; a shadow given life with demon eyes. But Brynn was colored with life, with the rich hues of the forest and earth; a masterpiece crafted by the Mother herself. The witch felt a tad bashful herself, faced with such beauty. 

"I am Lorelei," she tacked on as an afterthought, a rueful smile gracing her narrow features as if she felt silly for forgetting to introduce herself. 

"What brings you so far from home if you don't mind my asking?" 
NOCTIS FILIAS
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Her cheeks heated further under her fur at the inky woman's nice words, and her smile widened a little more. She seemed so sure of herself and her place in life, and Brynn felt oddly drawn to it. She introduced herself as Lorelei, and Brynn dipped her head politely in response.

Brynn looked away nervously at the female's question. I'm, um, not really sure, she answered at first. But that was a lie; deep down, she knew she was looking for something to make her feel present in her life again. I guess I was....searching for, um, I'm not really sure what...something, she trailed off, cheeks heating yet again as her jumbled thoughts somehow became words leaving her mouth as if of their own volition.
6 Posts
Ooc —
Her head dipped again, this time in understanding. 

"Ah, the wanderlust though perhaps not aptly named. To seek something unnamed, to tame the untamed and find adventure in an otherwise orderly life. I have sought the unseen on many occasions. It is escape, it is rediscovered purpose and yet, I wander still." Her dark eyes flirted to the trees thoughtfully, thinking on times past as she considered own place in life. 

Disgraced, disowned, a warlock to her former Sisters. 

"I know not what I seek yet. Sisters, if they would come forward. If they are brave enough to shed the shackles of their old lives and discover true power. You may join me in this quest if you wish though I hold no expectations of you." Her gaze was earnest. If Brynn so desired, Lorelei would teach her the ways of the craft. If not, she would be a welcome traveling companion or perhaps Lorelei would wish her well as they parted ways. 

"I'm not as mad as I sound," she joked lightly, a half-smirk lifting her lips. "I solemnly swear it."
NOCTIS FILIAS
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Wanderlust--was that the word for it? Was that what she called this need to find something more? She listened to the night-dark female speak of feeling the same way she had been feeling for, honestly, a while now. She had found ways to dull the desire, but lately it had caught back up to her, and she felt like she couldn't avoid it for much longer.

Her eloquent speech eventually drifted towards an invitation to join her in her wandering, and Brynn was surprised by how appealing that sounded. But, she also felt a little guilty leaving Easthollow behind. They had been the only home she knew here, and it scared her to be without that familiarity. But, was she letting that fear decide for her and keep her with what she knew was safe? And what was this power the other woman spoke of? What, um, do you mean by discover true power? she asked shyly, briefly looking away before meeting Lorelei's gaze once more. What would she be getting herself into if she chose to leave her pack behind and travel with this intriguing wolf?

She chuckled nervously. I, um, don't think you sound mad, she replied, ears falling and cheeks heating again.