Phoenix Maplewood Shaletered From The Sadness
83 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Radcliffe could not get his mind off his father. But, while he missed him his mother and Desdemona had helped to ease his pain. So, he was going out more. And that was an improvement for him. Seeking out anyone, he paused upon seeing a butterfly and gave chase. Till it landed on a log, which he pounced at and the next second he was on the other side, on his back.

@Sunny
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He had given thought to the offer that the Elysium woman had offered and had decided that it was a good idea. They hadn't enough time to hunt and stock caches and he hated the idea that everyone would be forced to separate and find different places to survive. They could stay together and survive this way, they would still be Morningside at heart. Even so it hurt to think that he would have to be the one to end his father's pack even though he was sure his dad would make the Same choice if he had to. Or maybe if it was his dad or Dawn leading Morningside they wouldn't be in this mess. He sighed as he walked and turned his head just in time to see Radcliffe dash past. Curiously he followed and frowned, looking around with confusion. The kid had disappeared. Then he spotted the log and the very tips of Radcliffe's paws and he walked over, trying not to laugh at the clumsy boy. He had been the same way. "Hey Rad, you okay?" he asked.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

83 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Radcliffe looked up grumpily to see Sunny then looked back down. And huffed. "It's...It's nothing" he mumbled. Radcliffe stood up slowly, and shook out his fur. "Stupid butterfly" he grumbled, glaring at the dead wood now. "Stupid tree too." He hadn't wanted to be seen as clumsy, but it seemed it was how he was.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny studied Radcliffe for a moment and then leaned low to nudge him gently, offering a warm smile his eyes softening. "I used to fall all over the place when I was young too. Still do sometimes....it's nothing to be so upset over." he said flashing the kid a grin. He realised he hadn't seen to much of the boy at all, ever since Shale had...

Sunny looked down at Radcliffe and tried not to let the sadness show on his face "How are you doin' Rad?" he asked softly.

83 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Radcliffe made a humph sound, looking up to the smile. But then he brightened up a bit himself, his own tail wagging a bit. "I'm doing great! Chasing bugs, sleeping, playing, sleeping, eating...eating, sleeping." Those were all plenty fun to him. His tail wagging thinking on those.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Ah the life and daily routine of a pup. His eyes glimmered with amusement at Radcliffe's honest response and he chuckled softly. "That does sound like a good time. Hey...have you ever been on a patrol? Would you want to come check the borders with me?" he asked, tail wagging slowly behind him as he smiled brightly at the child. Even if Rad had gone patrolling before, he hoped he could take Rad with him for a while. It would be nice...to show the boy how the borders worked and stuff.

83 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Radcliffe tilted his head towards the side. He had never been on patrol, so he nodded. "Yes yes, let's go! Go along the borders, see things!" he bounded around in circles out of excitement. Do something new, some adult things! At least, in his mind it was adult things. And so he could be on the path to growing up.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny laughed and stood up, tail swaying from side to side as he motioned for Radcliffe to follow him. He approached the boy and gave him a play nip before trotting off toward the borders. As they grew close he paused and looked down at Radcliffe "Okay Rad, I need you to pretend you're all grown up. A big strong wolf, just like you really will be one day" he said eyes soft and warm.

83 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Radcliffe nodded to Sunny. He stood up tall and proud, ready to act as an adult. "I am ready!" he said proudly as he went along with Sunny, trying to keep up almost tripping once and stumbling over his own feet. Even laughed a bit at it. "I'm okay."
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny kept an eye on Rad as they walked, watching how obediently the boy tried to keep himself calm and attentive. As the boy stumbled and tripped Sunny slowed his pace, making it easier to follow along. He smiled down at Radcliffe as he assured Sunny that he was alright and he nodded "Good. I want you to stop here, smell in through your nose nice and deep. Do it a couple of times, focus on what you smell and tell me what it is alright?" he asked. He figured a lesson on the importance of borders, a short and simple one would be the best way to start Rad on learning the ways of adult pack life.

83 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Radcliffe kept himself on the trail that they were going around. Stumbling on the occasional root or rock. He grumbled to himself almost every time, yet managed to keep a smile as he was enjoying this 'adulting' stuff so far. The stuff the grown ups did. Rad then stopped short on the spot once told to, and got round to sniffing around. He got his nose right into the dirt, and sneezed when some dirt went up.

"I...well I smell somethin'. Smells like...dirt. Dirt...something tasty too. Dunn what, but it's in my head somewhere what it is..." In fact there were many scents.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny also sniffed the ground, which to his shock and dismay really did smell like dirt. The borders were faint, only his and Aviana's scent could really be made out. Otherwise there was dirt and....he breathed in again...and rabbit. His eyes perked up at the idea of prey and he knew it was needed "That's a good nose you got there. That tasty smell is rabbit. I have to go catch it now Rad but if you want, you can keep walking the borders and then go play" he gave the boy a grin and if he agreed, Sunny would go and track down that rabbit.

83 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Radcliffe smiled up to Sunny at the praise. A good nose, he was very glad for that. He nodded quickly at hearing that, at the idea to go patrol. To him, that seemed like playing too. Playing the role of an adult. So off he pranced, showing off a bit as if he was older and larger.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny smiled back and watched the young boy head off. He would go hunt that rabbit and then wander nearby, keeping an eye on Rad while also allowing him his freedom. The borders could be dangerous but he wouldn't prevent the youth from exploring on his own terms for now. He chuckled and set off, feeling that familiar yearning for his own children come back with renewed strength.