Blacktail Deer Plateau once upon a time
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
@Amelie

The grizzled old male walked from the forest the gray hairs showing on his muzzle. He wanted to meet as many of his daughter's new family he could before his old ticker gave out. He had already met the male Atticus he liked him, hoped it worked out for those two it hurt that he wouldn't be around to see any grandbabies, but life was that way.

he got to the borders and just sat down surely someone would be around for him to meet at some point. He looked up at the blue sky and sighed the world sure was beautiful.
<FONT FACE="High tower text">disposable</div></FONT>.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
this is set before Osprey's disappearance right?

Today , she breathed softly as she began to trot towards the edge of the clearing and into the path that led to the southernmost border of the plateu. She looked at the sky one last time and brushed against a shrub while ahe crossed. Amelie had decided that today was the perfect day to go exploring, little by little she had been wandering further from the core of the pack and into the world outside.

As she raced along the border a dark silhouette with a silver muzzle caught her attention, it wasn't a plateu wolf. .ir was it? Slowly the teen padded towards the elder, her ears pricked with caution. "Hello? "
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
correct

Sun Spark saw the younger girl come towards him and for a moment he thought it was his daughter come back to him as a youth, but he blinked taking in subtle differences, the biggest being the eye color, the second size. His Blue had always been a bigger girl, she took after him, poor girl.

he offered her a smile ornery and kind. Hello Chile. You looked jus' like my daughter did at your age. You caught this ole man off guard. he chuckled again and shifted his weight and studied her and spoke softly I'm sun spark forgive me.for not introducin' meself. I think i'm far away from your borders, but the ole sniffer ain't as good as it used ta be? Am I far enough away?
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
The young girl that now neared the age of 11 months, ha never met a wolf as old as the one before her. Instead of feeling intimidated by him --which was hard since he received her with nothing but a warm smile-- she felt interested in him. Only the stars knew what kind of adventures he had been on and what wonders he'd seen. The only thing that was clear to her is that he was an experienced wolf filled with knowledge, the very thing she so desperately craved.

She returned his smile brightly, her yellow orbs scanning every inch of his face, "Didn't mean to creep up on ya" she shrugged and curled her tail over her back. If it had been another wolf perhaps she would have him a gentle warning to leave or if she had felt intimidated she would have called for aid, but looking at Sun Spark and his silver coated muzzle she knew he would not harm her. "My name is Amelie, nice to meet you" she barked energetically, like the time she had met Blue. Her lively nature never seemed to fade.

She looked around and then rested her eyes on his face again, "You're right on the border, but don't worry the Alphas are very kind" she assured him, she couldn't imagine Peregrine chasing the senile male away.
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sun spark chuckled as she looked him over, he was no threat to anyone. He was old and close to death, though he’d go out fighting if he had too. He was an ornery old man, and it did not stop the cajin from adding fun and adventure to everything in his life.

Sun spark smiled It’s quite a’right dere Amelie. Nice to meet you ta chile. he sat still while she traced his grizzled and wizened countenance with her eyes. It was no lie that he was peculiar, the scars that riddled his pelt, the smell of the forest that clung to his coat like a second skin. He was an adventurer and a story teller and a healer, a gypsy some would call him.

He laughed outright at that Oh I know the one alpha is nice. I raised her afta all. he chuckled again, immensely proud of his little girl Blue. She was the apple of his eye and she was doing good for herself, he was glad for that.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
The slow manner in which the old male spoke and his deep timbre soothed the girl, he was harmless. She padded towards him with a gentle smile drawn on her face, he used some funny terms--or just had a weird pronunciation. She'd definitely ask about it.

When she was almost a tail length away she stretched her neck and reached to press her nose lightly against his shoulder. For a brief second she wondered what Peregrine or Blue would make about her unquestioned trust towards the stranger, but she quickly buried the thought at the back of her mind; she wasn't in danger plus she was almost a year old now..

Amelie them sat next to him, her yellow eyes holding a curious look when he spoke about the Alpha. Had he met Peregrine before?, she wondered tilting her head slightly to one side. Her mouth suddenly gaping open when she heard his next statement.

I raised her afte all

Was he saying that...he was Blue's father?
"Blue?" She uttered while her tail thumped against the ground, "Blue Willow?". The teen's eyes widened as wide as the moon and she gave a little excited shriek. "She is my mother!" She yelled, having already familiarised with the new term. Truthfully she didn't even realise she had said it, which would probably confuse the old male.
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sun spark smiled at the girl as she pressed her nose to his shoulder, he thought about reminder her that he was a stranger, but he decided to leave that alone for now. He was just glad for the company. He knew he talked a little differently than most, it was part of his charm, his wife had always said.

Sun laughed at the girls exuberance and if he was surprised with her admonition, it didn't show. He calculated he supposed the girl could be blue's by blood though he doubted it, they were the right age when Blue had left, but if he knew his daughter she had adopted the sweet girl.

He chuckled Ye' Blue Willow is ma daughter, so dat would make you my gran'aughter. Well met little gal well met. he gave her a smile then and wagged his graying tail. He would gladly accept this little girl as his own and heaven help anyone who tried to tell him he couldn't. He maybe old, but he wasn't dead so they could just take a few.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
By the time the last statement left her mouth, Amelie was standing at the old wolf's feet her tail wagging furiously as a tear threatened to spill on her cheek. The only family she ever had was her real mother, Monique, because even if she shared blood with two other males, she never felt as their sister. More like a chew toy.

Now that Monique was gone, the fact that Blue had opened her heart for her was something extraordinary. She loved Blue as if she really were her birth mother, though she would always hold admiration for her biological mom she wouldn't change Blue for the world. Now having yet another relative was extremely exciting for the young girl.

She wondered if she should tell him he wasn't Blue's by blood, but decided against it. What difference would it make if they both treated each other as family? "I'm so happy to meet you!" she cried out while pressing her nose against his shoulder.
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sun spark blinked as she materialized in front of him and he chuckled deep in his throat enjoying the girl immensely. It was a shame he was close to death’s door and just had to knock. He would have liked some more time with the sweet girl in front of him. He could have taught her everything that he taught blue at this age.

Sun Spark smiled at her and spoke quietly I’m happy ter meet youse ta lil gal, more dan you know. he chuckled again and stretched his aching back. Time had not been kind to the scared warrior healer, but it had been a good life for the most part. So tell me is my blue happy here? Are you? I’ll take on any dat make you sad little girl.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Amelie could barely contain her excitement, her tail wagged with such force that it made her whole body wobble uncontrollably. Another cry of pure happiness left her muzzle as she inspected the fur on his chest and planted soft kisses on him.

She would've also loved to learn from him, as soon as she saw him lingering around the borders she had been determined to get some knowledge out of him. She was like an information vampire, sucking the knowledge out her victims and mastering her newly obtained ability by the watch-and-learn /trial-and-error methods.

Still the teen kept hope in her heart the male would stick around for a bit, she had no idea he was just passing by. She was itching to parade him around the Plateu listening to countless stories between daughter and father, and now mother and grandfather. "She's very happy, ever since she's been promoted to Alpha"she gushed, "she is loved by all so she'll always be fine"she added with a blinding smile.

"Yes I'm happy too! I spend most of my days with the pups so it's always fun"she kept blabbering while her tail thumped against her sides.
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sun couldn’t quite get over the girls enthusiasm, she was such a happy little girl, it was amazing. His blue had been like that too. Always happy, flitting from place to place, learning everything she could about everything. He wondered if she was still like that.

Sun would teach her everything he could in the short time he had, he would do his best. He hoped that before he departed the world he could give her some wisdom to last her through the ages. He wanted all his children to be able to survive on their own with the knowledge he gave readily and she was now part of his small family and he would make sure she knew what she needed to, or at least what he could teach her for the time being.

Sun laughed outloud, Ya is hard not ta love my little tree init. he chuckled again. He had never met anyone who didn’t love blue as soon as they spoke to her, but he was sure there was someone out there who would find a reason not to love her, there was always someone with a cold shouilder to offer to the world, it was just life.

Sun’s gaze zeroed in and he smiled Ah pups I would love ta see dem. he chuckled again and stood stretching his large body.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Inside the girl's heart there was a candle. A candle that burned intensely, it's flame igniting her spirit that seemed to have no end, that was where her joy came from. She had always been a happy-go-lucky girl, even as a child, not even her brother's harassment and the lack of a fatherly figure threatened to blow out the candle of her spirit.

And just like Amelie, Blue's candle was still intact. She was filled with life but most importantly love--and that was the same love she irradiated that came back into her heart. Like an endless fountain. And Sun Spark was the same, while the flame in his heart flickered slowly giving the sensation it was going to die, the fountain --this time of wisdom--flowed tentatively, inviting any one who saw it to take drink.

And that was exactly what Amelie wanted to do. She calmed herself and glanced at him with curious eyes. "You'll see them" she promised while giving him a smile, "Does she know you're here?" She asked, not bothering to say who she was, since it was already implied that it was Blue who they were talking about.
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Omg I'm such a sap my kids are watching the fox and the hound and i'm sobbing here when the old lady tells Todd goodbye :(

Sun spark enjoyed the girl was happy, and he hoped that no one ever banked that spark. he would do his best to keep it an inferno while he was here, but he was only here for a short time before it was time for him too to say good bye and bank his eternal flame.

Sun chuckled yes She does I saw her da firs' day I come. Her and that beau of hers he don't know it yet, but he'll end up wif her youse just watch. Atticus I believe 'is name was. He a good man blue will see dat if she hasn't already. Tell me chile what do youse like ta do fir fun? I'm old but i ain't dead yet, we could play a game or i could tell you a story or you could jus ask me all dem questions that are stirring around in yir head dere. he gave her a fatherly smile.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
omgg :'( [Image: tumblr_mvc0463Aqv1s4k7uio1_500.gif]
that scene tho

However long Sun Spark would stay, a week or a month, Amelie would not waste a chance to share her heart with him. She would not take for grated whatever few moments she would have with him, because she knew he would go soon. He looked frail on the outside, yet his spirit was alive.

Amelie wanted him to stay forever, she wanted to selfishly hoard him for herself so she'd always have a another wise advisor to turn to when Blue was busy. Sadly hoarding people for eternity wasn't viable, nor legal..

When he mentioned Blue had a beau, the young girl's jaw fell open. She did not know Blue was seeing someone! Atticus? Ah, Peregrine's brother! She remembered having seen him around sometime. Suppressing a giggle she took mental note of wathcing Atticus more closely, now she had to decide what she wanted to do with grandpa first!

Oh there was an extensive list! Play? Noo she'd prefer to listen to an old tale or learn about the skies? She had been wondering for a while, though Peregrine hadn't been able to give an answer.

Why not both?
"Tell me a story! One about the skies" she pleaded.
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[size=x-small]That is a heart wrenching scene the whole movie is really though.[/size]

Sun Spark had never had the misfortune of having a weak spirit. It burned like a living flame to all who came near and it would always be that way, even until the day he died and then the candle would just snuff out it would just go.

Sun spark chuckled a story about the stars hmmm. he waved his tail behind him on the ground thump thump as he thought long and hard about a story fit for a queen. Then he smiled and he began:

it is said that once a long time ago during an early winter there were three males and they took a smaller child with them. They were going hunting on the first snowfall of winter. he placed his paw across the ground showing the size of them all.

They followed the river and deep into the forest of trees. They eventually came to a hill where there were shrubs and bushes here low and thick. He snaked his paw across the ground making a river and slowly pawed in some trees and bushes

WInding in the bushes there was a trail and these boys were foolish for it was a bear. They asked Who will chase the bear out? He made a path and deepened his voice and made it higher to sound as if different wolves were asking the question.

Finally the oldest brother as it usually for big brothers decided he would go. He poked at the bear and prodding growling at him, he called to his brothers He's coming he's comin then the bear lumjbered outside he poked and prodded at a pretend bear and then stomped with his front paws across the ground acting like a bear.

now these brothers they could not agree on anything and the bear made them all begin to speak into a frenzy. The Youngest spoke he's going north where the cold wind blows. and that brother ran north hoping to catch it there. Now the middle brother he yelled to his brothers No he's going east where the sun comes and that brother ran east. the oldest brother also spoke a different direction No little brothers he is going west the place where the sun goes to sleep He made running motions and started in a high voice that grew lower as each brother spoke.

As those brothers ran after the bear the oldest finally looked down adn spoke swiftly Little brothers no mother earth is below us, the bear is leading us to the sky. It was too late and now they were too high in the sky to return. They caught that bear and they killed him they set him on sumac and maple fallen trees to eat from all sides, and that is why in the fall those trees turn blood red. he motioned to killing of the bear and made a small platform on the ground for the bear's body.

Those brothers they separated that bear and they tossed the head to the east, that is why on early winter mornings you see a bears head just before the sun wakens for the day. the back bone to the north, if you look north at midnight in the middle of the cold winter months. you will see it. he acted like he was tossing body parts and made pictures in the dirt.

if you look to the sky at night you see four bright stars followed by three smaller ones and 1 tiny one that is the bear being followe dby the three big brothers and the littlest brother far behind them never to rest or return home. They move around the sky all year around and until they catch that bear they cannot come home or rest ever again. he made like he was stalkign a bear and drew pictures of the stars with his claws.

and that my dear is the story of the bear in the sky.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
wrap up? I'd like one more before he dies :(

The girl sat on the ground, and forgot about everything and everyone once the words began to leave the man's mouth. She only had eyes and ears for him now, not even caring they were sitting alone in the pack's borders she watched him closely as he told the ancient tale.

What amused her the most was his acting, just like Blue in the storytelling event Peregrine had organized one night, the old man brought life to his tale by acting out the most important scenes and drawing pictures in the dirt. Her eyes ran along the paintings he left in the ground and upon his grandfather.

When he spoke about the brothers that could not agree, she couldn't help but remember her own littermates. If there was one thing they all agreed on was on making the young Amelie's life hell on earth. The thought was quicly buried though, as the story came to an end.

"That was a great story" she commented, giving him a big smile of approval. "Can I ask you something though?" she began, the question she was about to ask had been itching at the back of her mind. "What are the stars made of? What are they?" she blurted out. She'd tell Peregrine about this, and maybe Kisu too.
74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sun Spark enjoyed the rapt attention she bestowed him and for a moment he realized he had been lonely without spring flower he was lonely and he had been gladdened that she had sat near him for a story, he loved to tell the stories they made him happy.

He listened to her close questions and he chuckled I think they are gas formed in a ball, but some too i believe are rocks...i have seen falling stars and when they land they are nothing but rock in a crater in the ground. that was all he could offer her, even he did not know perfectly what the stars were.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie

His other answer was enough to sate her hunger for knowledge, at least for now. She smiled brightly at him as she glanced briefly to the sky, where said gas balls would soon arrive. She thanked him with a lick on the chin, she wanted t bring him home now and parade him around all the other members of the Plateu.

"Want to go home now?", she asked hopeful that he'd accept. Though she found it hard to imagine he would decline, after having found not only a daughter but a grandaughter as well it be impossible (in her mind) to just walk away.

She pressed her nose to his shoulder and motioned to the plateu with her muzzle, she was really hoping to have him home.

74 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sun accepted her smile as he would the sun’s rays. She was exuberant and bright, brighter than the brightest star, and he wished with all his heart he would still be around to see her fully grow. She would do well and succeed of that he was sure, and if anyone threatened to snuff that internal flame out he would reckon with them, and if not him he was certain his blue would.

Sun smiled and dipped his muzzle his daughter had offered him a place with them, he had not stayed yet though. But he decided it was high time to accepted the offer of a home for however brief. He nodded yes little one let’s go home. He got to his feet, though a little wobbly his age showing as he walked a bit stiff at first, but he made it to the pack lands and home.