The Heartwood decorate this silence
115 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Private 

Dash picked his way through the once-proud forest, feeling an uncharacteristic sorrow for the twisted, burnt remains. The carbonized scent of char coated his senses, but despite being virtually nose-blind he continued forward. He had always had more curiousity than sense, according to his father at least. Dash swept his gaze across the burnt forest floor, wondering idly when the fire had occurred. There was little evidence of new growth, nothing to give any indication of how many springs had passed since the apparent conflagration.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
A bit desolate, innit? she asked. He seemed... vaguely familiar, but since she couldn't put a name to his face, she figured she was only imagining things. It was one of the first places I checked out, but I don't think it could support a pack, she rambled on, There's plenty of good pickings around here, though. A spooky forest, a couple of lakes, some mountains over that way. This one looks like it burned down a few years ago, but I swear I can still smell it. Gonna be another few before it's of any use to anybody.

My oh my, was she feeling talkative today or what?
115 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Dash swung his head toward the voice, tensing slightly at the surprise of her sudden appearance. He relaxed quickly, catching on to her casual, conversational vibe. "Understatement of the year," he replied, thinking the place was more than just "a bit" desolate. 

The way she was talking, even a scatterbrain like Dash could see she was looking for a place to set up a pack. "Yeah, this would be a shit place to try to put down roots," he agreed, gaze still sweeping the charred remains of the forest. If plants couldn't manage root themselves, it seemed obvious that wolves couldn't either. "The top of the food tower crumbles without the bottom," he murmurred to himself, reciting one of the few lessons he recalled from puphood. 

"Anything catch your eye?" his voice lifted as he continued their conversation, referring to all the territories she had listed. He pulled his focus reluctantly from their surroundings to focus on the woman. Wait.. did he know this person? He tilted his head in curiosity, searching his (admittedly quite poor) memory.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Thankfully for her, the wolf she was babbling to didn't seem to have any ill intent. He replied easily, and she was glad he picked up on her skipping of the boring old greetings and exchanges of names. Cyclone had always found that part unnatural and awkward. Striking up a conversation shouldn't be so... rigid. She nodded. Maybe, in a few years time, this forest would bloom once more. She had spotted a few saplings here and there, perhaps from last year or the one before, but it was unlikely she see the forest back in its full glory during her lifetime.

His question was such a good set-up, she couldn't resist. I see at least one thing, she grinned, tossing a wink in his direction. Oh yes, she was talking about him. Cyclone, the everlasting flirt, had not completely forgotten her game.
115 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Dash scratched in the dirt as they spoke, trying to see how far down the earth was scortched. If he could uncover any good soil, that would bode well for the future of the forest. Despite his effort, all he could find was thick, powdery ash and singed, useless dirt. Hmm. The woman was probably right, it would be a while before this land could sustain new growth. 

Well well, something had caught her eye, had it? Dash looked back up at the woman in time to catch her wink. She now had his full attention. He returned her grin, mirth sparking in his eyes. Dash made a show of looking around before asking, "Who, me?" His voice was laden with faux-surprise and amusement. 

Two coupld play at this game, and Dash loved games. He took a prowling step toward the woman, his smile morphing from silly to seductive. Like the flip of a switch, his sexy-bad-boy charm turned up to eleven. "I do have to ask..." he purred, eyes narrowing suggestively. "Do you only want me as your subordinate..?" He cleared his throat before continuing. "Or.. do you want me dominant?" 

He had meant to say the word "dominant" with a sexy growl, but he couldn't hold in his laughter any longer. The idea that he could actually, successfully seduce anyone behaving like this was just too ridiculous. His laughter was bursting out almost before he could finish the question, thouroughly destroying his attempt at a sexy/serious facade. Dash would likely never amount to anything more than a happy-go-lucky goofball, take it or leave it.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Yeah, y— Cyclone started, but he was on a roll. Up until he started laughing, she had been sure that he was being serious, and she thought she had made a huge, huge mistake. Instead, he broke into a goofy laugh, and Cyclone's breath whooshed out of her mouth, relieved that she wasn't dealing with some terrible guy who thought he was super duper slick. Humor was much more attractive to her than what he had been trying to portray, so he was in luck!

It is such a good thing you aren't serious, she cackled, because whatever you were attempting was straight-up cringe worthy. Cyclone paused for a breath, sizing him up again. You are cute, though. Got any plans on what you're going to do after you seduce me? she asked, tilting her head to the side. If they'd had telephones, she would've asked for his number, but alas!
115 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
The woman cracked up as well, redoubling Dash's laughter. "Oh, gods..." was all he could wheeze out as she criticized his seduction effort. As his laughter subsided into chuckles he spoke again, voice  teasing. "C'mon, admit it, you got a little hot there for a second. Lucky this forest can't burn twice." More laughter, verging on delirious. Gods, how long had it been since he had someone to joke around with like this?  

"Absolutely none," he answered, refering to his subsequent plans. "After I seduce you, my life will be complete." His breathing was steadying now, but he was still grinning like a loon. Athough to be fair that was his default expression.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
She rolled her eyes so hard she was afraid they might spill into the back of her head (or roll right out of her ears) when he said yet another pickup line regarding the already burnt-down forest. Still, there was a stupid grin on her face, so she wasn't that annoyed with him (quite the opposite, really). He was charming in a way that she hadn't seen in a long time. She was bored with the strong stereotypical leader types. He was much more her speed.

Is that so? she queried, grinning all the while. Well, you're gonna have to work harder than that. You haven't even asked my name or what I'm doing out here all alone.
115 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Dash didn't see the woman's eyes roll, on account of he was still trying to regain control of his breathing. He wasn't about to kid himself though-- he knew he didn't have a shot in hell at actually scoring here. Despite what he might attempt to lead others to believe, he had always been pretty hopeless when it came to wooing the ladies. 

"Oh, is that how it's done?" Dash replied, matching her grin. "No wonder I can't get laid, I've been going about it all wrong." He wagged his tail good-naturedly. "And here I thought it was my hideous face driving the ladies away. Or my teeeeeeny-tiny little dick." Laughter threatened to burst from the boy once more, but he managed to control himself. 

"Okay, okay, okay," he started, attempting to compose himself, "How's this?" He cleared his throat. "Hey there beautiful, what's your name? What's such a pretty lady doing out here... all alone?" He used his best creeper-voice, attempting to make the question sound as sleazy as possible. Just to prove a point.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
When he started talking about his dick, Cyclone couldn't help herself. She was belly laughing again, struggling to keep herself on all four feet for a few seconds there. She managed to regain some semblance of composure just in time for another one of his practice pick-up lines. This was just practice, right? Oh gawd, she said, faux gagging. You really are a lost cause, aren't you? Of course, she said all this in good fun. Clearly she didn't hate him.

Name's Cyclone, though. Out here trying to decide if you're worthy enough to be part of the crew. So far, you're passing with flying colors. With those last two words out of her mouth, a thoughtful look passed over her face. Say, 'flying colors' wouldn't be a half-bad name for a band of free-loving hippies, would it? But, after a moment had passed, she shook her head. Nah, doesn't have the right ring to it.
115 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Dash hung his head in mock-dejection at his twice-failed attempt to woo the dark lady. Him, a lost cause? She didn't even know the half of it. "My parents certainly thought so," he quipped, the corner of his mouth twisting up wryly. Perhaps there was a little more truth than he cared to admit behind that particular joke. 

"I'm Dash," he returned, "..and kinda surprised," he added. "See, I've never actually passed a test before," he explained, voice sincere but expression still amused. He would leave it up to her to decide if her was kidding about that one or not. "You must have pretty lax criteria in Flying Colors, or whatever you decide to call it, if you're inviting the likes of me." Hippies? Free love? Gods, the world was a weirder place than he had ever imagined, wasn't it? But, to be honest.. so far he didn't hate it.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
The Blackthorn didn't actually consider herself a hippie. At least not in the traditional sense. Her ideas were certainly different from what she had come across in the past, though. And maybe there needed to be an island of misfit toys for wolves like her, because none of those other places had ever worked out. She wasn't like Grayson, trying to recreate something she had left behind. Nor was she like Takiyok, who was on some quest to look as badass as possible by living in awful conditions.

I'd love to have you along, she said, her voice settling into a more serious, but still light tone. But I won't put you on the spot, and you don't have to decide right now. And you can always flake at the eleventh hour. That's usually what I do. She gave him a toothy grin.
115 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Dash shrugged noncommitally. "Then I'll come along," he agreed simply, "..until I decide to flake." He matched Cyclone's grin. A beat later, his expression fell. "Oh," Damn, he almost forgot. "Speaking of flaking... we prolly should steer clear of the Rosings wolves. Pretty sure I'm on their shitlist now." Dash had eaten Grayson's food, slept under Grayson's roof, flirted with Grayson's women... and then bailed without a word. Yeeeeah, they should probably just... avoid the whole southwest corner of the Teekon Wilds. He shrugged again. Who could blame him, really? "They were weird as fuck, honestly.." he explained, shaking his head.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Feel free to join the pledged group now! Excited to see how he gets along with the others. ^__^

She wagged her tail, glad to have him along. It'll be a wild ride, if nothing else. What he said next totally threw her for a loop, only proving her point about this being a wild ride. Not really wanting to get into her own history with the Odolf's, she nodded. I'm pretty sure they're not a fan of me, either. Addison had never liked her, and she suspected none of the other females there were bright enough to realize that the Odolf girls were pure venom.

I'm gonna keep exploring. I'll keep you updated on what's going on via howl. I'm doing that with anybody who wants to join me. Hopefully this way they could all keep in touch and reconvene on a regular basis.
115 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Dash grinned impishly, his mind instantly going there where the words "wild ride" fell from her lips. "In more ways than one, maybe," he replied, eyes sparking with mischief and delight. Even if he did end up "flaking at the eleventh hour," so to speak, he would have to make sure he stayed long enough to experience some of this "free-loving" for himself. 

"'Kay," Dash agreed, tag wagging lazily. "Catch you later, then." He wondered what sort of wolves Cyclone was collecting, if she was interested in the likes of Dash. He would find out soon enough, he supposed. He gave the woman-- his new leader?-- a friendly wink before turning to depart. Not the most subordinate behavior, but Dash was no ordinary subordinate, was he? And hopefully Cyclone would be no ordinary leader.  

Sweet, me too! How do I join the pledges, I'm guessing I have to post a request somewhere?
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne

She quirked a brow at his comment, taking a minute to realize what he was talking about. She laughed lightly, amused by his excessive flirtation. Grayson had been the only wolf in recent history who had been so forward, even if Dash was a goofy sort of forward. She gave him a final wave of her tail, then pranced off, sure that he would get along with the rest of the wolves she had taken under her wing. Cyclone certainly intended to be a different sort of leader, and that would require a different brand of subordinate.