For all your darkness and hope
Don't underestimate me because I'm short and stocky, I might just surprise you!
103 Posts
Ooc — Mercury
@Verrine

It was a slightly cooler night for July, but it didn't affect Ypres' mood, nor ambition. She pined to find out the truth on what others had known about Majesty, and why he seemed to be be hated throughout the region. Recalling how the trio of Horizon Ridge appeared to deliver a warning. She heeded the warning alright, but what wolf wouldn't follow wolf territorial protocol? The proclaimed Alphess padded gingerly across the isle heading towards Stavanger Bay, but she wasn't stopping there, even though Beric's scent clung heavily in the air. He was near by, did he join the pack of Stavanger Bay?

Ypres feared she'd never see her friend again, but she had no time to really bare any fears about those in her past; but to cherish memories and hope for the best outcome in future meetings. The fire colored wolf loathed through the darkness of the night, eyes looking to the heavens in search for stars, only seeing a few. She wondered what those burning lights in the sky were, and what did they mean to the world? She had never got herself into the astronomical knowledge, but knew some wolves had. Maybe it was time to upgrade and create some new skills? The thought had crossed her mind as she plumped her rear down onto the ground and stared into the heavens.

A sigh rolled from her muzzle. War was among them, and the lives of the loyal few lay at her paws. She wasn't bound to rolling onto her back and whimper with her tail between her legs allowing Silvertip to claim her packs lives, but to logically find a new home and create a safe sanctuary for those whom followed her. It was a stronger move to create a bigger and stronger pack. Ypres had no ill will towards these demons, as she had never done them wrong, so why ill will towards her and her pack? What happened? What did she miss? She yearned for peace and offered silent prayers to the heavens in a foreign language begging an unseen God that they make it off the isle safely unscathed. Her distraction cut off her focus of any others approaching; not a good thing for a new Alpha to do, but tonight she felt safe...
marrow of the spirit
87 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Ordinarily, he would've been in his den with Julooke by now. He had spent the afternoon patrolling and fortifying the boundaries of his packlands, and simultaneously scouting out game trails and signs of prey. As evening had fallen he'd found a fresh deer trail, one that he thought had been used by a fairly good-sized group of deer. Though it led out of Stavanger's packlands, he couldn't resist following it a ways and seeing where it went. He'd tracked it for a while out along the coastline, the trail meandering through grasslands rife with sand spurs and sea oats, but hadn't managed to find the deer. After sunset, as darkness was falling, he turned around and made his way back home.

On his way, though, he came across a scent that was a little too close to their territory for comfort. It wasn't the scent of one of their own, but it was nevertheless a familiar scent. He had a suspicion who it might belong to, though he wasn't entirely sure. He tracked it for a while, though, and when he emerged over a grassy hillock, he saw that his suspicion was correct. It was the sandy-coated she-wolf that had met them the day that Julooke, Ragnar, and he had paid a visit to Wheeling Gull Isle to deliver their warning. You have GOT to be kidding me, he thought to himself, anger stirring in him as he watched her wander slowly through the darkness toward his new home. We moved away from those bastards and they STILL won't leave us alone.

Taking off at a fast lope, he made his way toward the she-wolf. As he neared her, he announced his presence with a harsh, rumbling growl. He wouldn't outright attack her, but he'd make it abundantly clear that she and her followers were not welcome here (…in case they had failed to pick up on that previously).
<center><font face="times"><font color="#99938d"><small>A T  T H E  C R E A T I O N ' S  H O L L O W,  A  S U D D E N  W H I T E  L I G H T  G L E A M S<br><i>like a wayward sentient spirit in the mire of space and time</i></small></font></font></center>
103 Posts
Ooc — Mercury
She must have been lost within the depths of her thoughts as she stared out into outer space as if to be counting the stars. She was unaware of any presence and unaware that she pulled herself downward onto her belly to lay down as her face still pointed upward to the heavens. The small she wolf sighed once more, and swiveled her ears as she thought she had heard the sound of a snarl from behind her. She slowly forced her eyes away from the sky, and stood up to face the tan splashed male she once had encountered with two others of his pack. Feeling her heart have a kick start as it jumped within the cavity of her chest, she felt the pang of instant fear hit her in the face. She was nowhere near his turf as far as she was concerned because she respected the boundaries of not crossing into them, and hoped to hell the other members of her pack had done so also. She stood firmly upon her paws as he neared her, lowering her muzzle to her chest in case he were to strike towards her throat. She recalled her previous Alpha telling her they were the enemy, but Ypres saw different. She didn't see any justification for the calling.

I'm not planning to get any closer to your pack, and I'm not near your borders, so please stop where you are...

She didn't want him any closer, and she wasn't looking for a fight. She recalled how they almost crossed into her lands to deliver a message, and it seemed to be close enough to the same spot she was standing, so there was no reason for him to get all flustered with her being there. The fact tat she used the word please, she knew what pack he had belonged too, and knew it was a losing battle between her and him, so therefore she wasn't willing to fight him either. The lack of nutrition within meals also had weakened her and her pack, and they were forced to up and leave as soon as everyone was ready to do so.

I'm not here to start any trouble...

She added. Go away, just go away, I don't want to deal with wolves like you, you're all evil and I want nothing to do with that ill ailment anymore... Fuck, just go away!

Her mind screamed as she eyed him, her lips quivering offering the threat of her fangs about to be seen as she stood firmly holding her ground. Her body posture was not of Alpha stance but in neutral stance. Maybe she could reason with this guy? Let him know that Majesty was not on Gull Island anymore. Oh if Verrine only knew.
marrow of the spirit
87 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
The female stood where she was, though fear radiated from her very clearly. Verrine drew to a halt several paces from her, bristled threateningly with his tail held aloft over his hindquarters. A low rumble continued in his chest as he eyed her ominously, distrust and wary apprehension clear in his amber eyes. She stated that she wasn't planning to get any closer to his lands and that she wasn't near them, but if he thought that would save her, she was dead wrong. Pack boundaries were not a line in the sand. They were fuzzy, nebulous things with no real definition, so even coming close to them was an offense. Wolf packs didn't care if you crossed their borders or if you came within a mile of them -- it was all the same as far as they were concerned.

"You're close enough to my lands for me to have a problem with it," he stated flatly, his tone and his manner very direct. Ordinarily he might not have been so hostile to someone this far out from Stavanger Bay, but the last time he had met with this female, she had been equally as hostile toward him and he had reason to suspect she was up to no good. "Especially since your island is back that way." He gestured with his head in the direction of Wheeling Gull Island, which lay quite a distance behind him…in the opposite direction that the she-wolf had been traveling. "Why are you out here? Kinda late to be this far from home playing in a rival pack's backyard again, don't you think?" He wondered if she'd finally gotten sick of her foolish, idiot Alpha and the bad choices he seemed to enjoy making. Maybe she was looking for a new place to go? A place run by someone with a bit more brains? He was curious.
<center><font face="times"><font color="#99938d"><small>A T  T H E  C R E A T I O N ' S  H O L L O W,  A  S U D D E N  W H I T E  L I G H T  G L E A M S<br><i>like a wayward sentient spirit in the mire of space and time</i></small></font></font></center>
103 Posts
Ooc — Mercury
She may have been hostile the last time they had met, but she never chased them off, but then again she was out numbered the last time too. She didn't care if she was too close for comfort, she wasn't leaving. Hell if he can march close to her turf with two others, then so can she, but this time she did it solo.

Hypocrite! Yet I can allow you to make your stipulations close to my turf and I had no choice but to listen and deliver...

She huffed as he rose himself in higher stance. Still blocking her windpipe, she rose her tail in Alpha stance letting him know she was the new Alpha of her territory; but he just might not read into that. Barring her pearls to keep him at bay indicated her distrust of him. She too then raised her skull to stand at full Alpha height as he scolded her.

Who are you to scold me dear sir? As far as I'm concerned, I'm no where near your lands, so chillax!

She woofed with coolness in her chords as she sat upon her haunches indicating she wasn't going anywhere. He then mentioned in calmer tone inquiring why she was there so late in the night. She shrugged as the situation seemed to slightly diffuse.

I'm out here for silence and relaxation, to escape my duties..

She eyed him carefully as her voice was fully calmed now.

I'm curious... What's your beef with us Gull wolves anyway?

She was curious, she just had to know what was going on. She was completely clueless as to why this pack was so hostile towards hers..

Do all packs have to be against one another ?

She inquired as she wrapped her tail around her rump, getting more cozy with the situation, seeing that he was alone this time...
marrow of the spirit
87 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
I'm sorry Verrine's such a jerk, lol. ♥ It's up to you to decide how this goes. Either Ypres can let him go and we can conclude the thread here, or she can get him to wait and talk with her, or she can react…well, however you want her to react. Whatever you want to do! There's just no way that Verrine would let her sit there and chastise him like a child, and push her Alpha act on him (which is considered a challenge in neutral territory), and then just sit down and chat like nothin' happened.

Whatever she thought to gain from their conversation was lost the moment she decided to pull her little Alpha act on him. She rose to her full height, bristling and imposing, all pomp and circumstance, and bared her teeth at him. He smirked at her, resisting the urge to laugh in her face. Stupid bitch thinks her rank means anything out here, he thought to himself, refusing to rise to her challenge. Still, it was interesting -- he wondered if the island pack had had a turnover in leadership recently. It wouldn't have surprised him a bit if they had, because Majesty was a brazen idiot. However, if this was their new Alpha, then things hadn't improved much in his opinion.

He heard the word hypocrite leave her mouth, but whatever she said after that was lost on him because he immediately turned to leave. There was a small, smug grin on his face as he commented, "I think my Alpha will be really interested to hear that Isle wolves are messing around out here now and that their new leader has just threatened me." And with that, he began to trot away. He didn't know that the pack at Wheeling Gull Isle was already in hot water with the pack at Silvertip Mountain, but if he had, it wouldn't have changed anything. Could the island wolves afford to have another pack declare war on them? They'd only narrowly dodged that bullet when Pump had been their Alpha at Horizon Ridge, only because of Pump's gentler, more reasonable nature. But Ragnar was a different beast altogether. It was in his blood to raid and destroy other rival packs.
103 Posts
Ooc — Mercury
Ooc- it's ok. Gonna try to get her to reason with him? :-)

Ypres frowned as she watched the male turn off after his speech.

" Wait!"

She woofed after him, and decided to trot after him to catch up. Eyes scanned the male as she followed him, and swiftly ran to meet him face to face attempting to block his exit.

"Messing around? I'm not messing around here, this is neutral territory.. I never threatened your Hyde there mister... "

She eyed the tawny male up and down.

" I never called out to fight or send others after you... I think you need to get your head straight there dear sir.. I have no intentions of fighting, but why is it that you see me as a threat? I'm nowhere close to your turf, if anything; you're the one whom threatened me!"

She argued harshly with a growl. As far as she was concerned she never done him any wrong. It actually hurt her feelings for him to call her out like the bad guy.

" you treat me like I'm the bad guy.. you know nothing of me or my pack, except of Majesty.. Majesty is no longer here, so why don't you go hunt him down and take all your rage upon him and not on me by telling your Alpha lies about me just to start a new war.. I have enough issues to deal with at the moment, .. Arg, you know what.. Forget it lad, you don't listen to a bloody word, I might as well be yakking to a wall.."

She offered a frustrated sigh and turned away with hidden fury. She could feel her insulted heart pounding a million miles peer hour. It was heart breaking to have a stranger angrily insult you, and piss on your wishes for peace.

" I wish nothing more but for peace.."

She spoke her back turned away from him, her words low as she hung herself in defeat, tail laid lazily, skull lowered, eyed closed, and ears pinned to her skull.