Horizon Ridge look, i'm diet drama
i’m feelin yummy head to toe
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
All Welcome 

Saucy's patrol got a little carried away towards the end, her feet took her beyond the borders and further inland. She'd been on the coast a lot lately, and so the dryer piedmonts and mountain ranges were a welcome sight. She found herself on a snowy ridge, to the left she could see the ocean and to the right more trees, and broken ground. Despite the rubbled areas, this was a perfect view, and so feeling content with this destination the white lioness sat at atop a cold boulder and let the wind play with her fur.
[Image: 7_B392884-7_C60-4896-_B136-_B7357_E3_F4_DB9.gif] - 3/10
*Saucy uses profanity! If this bothers you just let me know!
dayvan cowboy
99 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Thanks for starting! :D

He hadn't the slightest clue as to why half the pack had suddenly disappeared one night, and why they had returned very bruised and very beaten, but Lucca was a helpful lad who didn't want to ask too many questions and he wanted to assist them in any way possible. Partly this was due to his fear of their hooded leader and the possibility that maybe she might change her mind about sparing his life. But they didn't need to know that. No. He was helping, damnit.

He still wasn't quite used to living by the ocean, what with the sting of the salt and constant battering wind, and so felt he could breathe a little easier as he made his way further inland. He would get used to it, eventually. He had gone searching for herbs to help the injured of Rusalka, but it was a fool's errand, really; he had no idea what he was even meant to be searching for. A herb was a herb, right? Just look for the green, leafy things. I should've asked Raven more about this healing stuff.

A worried expression contorted his features as he trailed an upwards sloping, rubbled mess of what looked to be a once mighty ridge. A light dusting of snow covered the fallen rocks, and Lucca carefully picked his way up them to make his way to the forest where he was certain there would be some herbs. Winter schminter, there were always plants around! He was distracted from his quest by an unexpected sight — a pale lady, perched upon a rock and bathed in the sun's light. Stricken, the Blackthorn stared for a moment unblinkingly before gaining some semblance of composure and let out a cheerful boof, hoping to catch her attention. Maybe she knew something of herbs?
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
Saucy’s eyes slowly blinked open when she heard a friendly boof nearby. Whoa, had she fallen asleep sitting there? Probably, the confusion on her face only lasted for a moment before her attention was grabbed by a thick silver boy. He looked like a pretty cool dude, so she let her serene posture melt into her usual more jaunty and robust one. Her tail began to sweep the snow from the stone and she looked over her shoulder at him as she spoke, Hey, what’s up dude?

SHORT compared to ur master piece <333
dayvan cowboy
99 Posts
Ooc — Laur
It took a moment (a moment in which his heart began to thrum in panic; oh man, had he interrupted some important me time?) before the girl came to life, glancing over her shoulder and regarding him with a flashing cyan gaze. Thankfully, she didn't seem to be too bothered by her sudden company, greeting him with a jovial what’s up, dude? that reminded Lucca of his brother, Tegan. A pang of homesickness hit the Blackthorn, but he quickly pushed it away, reminding himself this was only temporary - he just had to let winter pass, and would resume his search in the spring.

Attempting to mimic the girl's spunky aura (which he ultimately failed at, being a decidedly uncool kinda guy), Lucca let his tail wave back and forth a few times before he chirped, "uh, not much!" ...Dude? Was it right to call girls dudes? His ears splayed in indecision before he added, "j-just out looking for some...herbs."
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
The male’s reply was funny, he didn’t have the same punk energy as her but he tried to, and it brought a smile to her face. She liked guys like him, not just the usual teasing, sarcastic brood she often hung out with. He seemed sweet, and sweet guys were just as good.just out looking for some herbs, he explained, though much more awkwardly than that. At first she nodded, as though they were on the same page, but then she remembered what their surroundings looked like. Saucy glanced at the ridge, and the desolate areas beyond with a squint. 

Then back to him, I’m not like, a PRO or anything but don’t herbs usually grow in like... not winter? In places that aren’t all crusty? she asked animatedly, bounding from her perch to check him out up closer. She was mostly teasing, as usual, but also was just trying to figure out if he really knew what the heck he was doing.
dayvan cowboy
99 Posts
Ooc — Laur
She nodded in understanding, before it seemed to dawn on her the confusing logistics of Lucca's task as she observed their rather barren and very much not plant-friendly surroundings. With an exuberant energy that was similar to his other sibling, Clover, the girl leapt off the rock and made her way towards him. The Blackthorn took a step back bashfully, though his tail continued to wave. He liked this stranger; she wasn't reserved and stoic like the rest of the Rusalka pack and reminded him of home and his rambunctious family.

At her statement, he gave an awkward shrug. "Uh, w-well..." he began. She had a point. This crumbly, frigid ridge was definitely not a place to go gathering herbs, but Lucca also had no idea what he was doing and had hoped he would just, y'know, stumble upon some. "I'm, uh, not real good at this whole gathering thing," he admitted with a soft laugh before continuing with a touch more seriousness. "Everyone from my pack is kinda...banged up at the moment, though. So I thought I'd try and help out, y'know?"
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
Saucy noticed the bashful step back that her companion took, but that didn’t stop her from walking cheerfully towards him, stopping so that her nose was about a foot away from his. He answered awkwardly, confirming her suspicions that he really didn’t know what he was doing. He was truth be told, really a cutie. He reminded her very faintly of her brother Sweet, in his tentative air and soft smiles.

Then he grew a tad more serious, and Saucy realized that she recognized his scent! Are you from some place called Ruska or something? she asked, recalling the name that Wyatt had given her.