Stavanger Bay ready to sail ya seadogs
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
All Welcome 
Recently, Norsamu felt she was slacking. Seemed a bit too peaceful, like t'was too easy so far. Her mind had drifted back to the younger days, as she felt they were far behind even though she was still quite young. An old soul, for her experiences were quite out there, and her days were filled with something new quite often. Especially when she was still smelled like milk, a wee' seadog still learning the ropes. She remembered the days of hard training to 'build character,' they say. Her old mates, the old family, they used the excuse of 'training,' but only used her for a source of fun. She smiled, remembering it, and didn't hold any ill toward it. She too ended up having fun, even when thrown in a pile of angry foxes.

Perhaps it was now the time to pick up her pace, once more. Recently joined a new gang, but that meant her legs wouldn't be stretching far out there, and stay within the wilds. She itched, to move, and she itched, for something to do. So perhaps, Norsamu thought, now was the time to.. Simply run.

Along the beach, her pelt sunk within the night, and her eyes fixed foward as she smiled delightfuly, but panted heavily. A run of the paws, as the behemoth tracked around the bay, enjoying a chase of the wind. She wouldn't call it exercising, more, but preferred 'training,' or even a good warm up for something better to do on the later night. Maybe some shark-hunting would do quite fine tonight.
Sea Shanties
Now we are ready to sail for the Horn
Weigh hey, roll and go!
Our boots and our clothes, boys, are all in the pawn
To be rollicking randy dandy-O!
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry was born a social wolf, but today he was at a loss for what to do. The pack was fresh and the excitement was palpable, yet he could find no means by which to release the energy welling its way up inside of him. In earlier youth, he had been a blundering, bean of a boy. However now, facing the shoreline with wind and all to buffet his cocoa-dusted flanks, he felt as though he had not aged a day. It was during this moment, when his sea-green gaze met the bowling tide, that he spotted in his peripherals the striding form of a packmate.

Comforted by the warm surge of the ocean pulling to and from the sand, he gave a great heave of his flanks - dripping from the touch of the sea - and bursted his muscular legs into a smooth, hastened gait. Years of exercize had strengthened and slimmed the male so that he was both wolven and amphibian; kind for the harsh nature of the gripping sand and powerful current.

"Hulloa!" He called as he neared, envigorated by the rush of adrenaline borne of both social interaction and physical exertion. "Fancy seeing a fellow pirate long these here shores... any luck with the treasure?" His tone was jocular and friendly, though a small glint of mischief was embedded in his grin. 

"Tell ya what - I'll race you to that there rock" - he bobbed his nose towards an outcropping of jagged, black teeth - "and the first one there gets bragging rights."

And, without waiting for a response, he pressed onwards; pushing his head forwards and relishing the gentle thrum of his paws against the sodden shore below. In the distance, seagulls crooned a sportive chorus.
Hey, there! I'm Koffey, and I really like your character's concept.
Anyway, would you like to do a misc. dice roll for the race (that is, if she accepts the challenge... XD)?
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
Norsamu felt at peace with the pace, and with her legs soaring across the sands. Her rough paws had touched all sorts of ground, but even then, she was still young, and still needing to grip well enough on these beaches. She inwardly hurumphed as the sands dare cause a slow start! Just they wait, she'll be a horse on them in no time. A few more weeks of running, and she would be good. Maybe a few more weeks, with a game of win or lose..

Another approached, a boy of bright colors, and eyes that spoke of amusement, "Ahoy!" and the pirate liked them, "fine night, aye? Shame ain't no treasures washin' the shores. Not even a mermaid tear!" She spent quite a while searchin' for those on these same shores. Nothing turned up, sad to say, only the shells of crabs, and the crabs themselves. Though she laughed at her misfortune, as after all, it was more fun tryin' to find it, then finding the item.

Though he offered a race, and she offered a toothy grin at this proposal, "Aye? A race ya say?" She was one of challenge, and adventure! Norsamu would never turn down a challenge, especially from a boy who ran without hearing her answer! "Ya on lad!" She was a big fellow, one with long legs to stride with the attempt to catch up quite fast. Though husky- and large, she was heavy on these sandy beaches. Norsamu kept her confidence, she gonna beat his ass.
henlo! I love your character tOO!
and hell yeah, a dice roll sounds fine!
Sea Shanties
Weigh hey, roll and go!
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry laughed as soon as he heard the female's trailing pawsteps. Indeed, he easily recalled that heavy, slipping pace from his own experience with growing accustomed. Somehow, though, he was certain the girl would be a fast learner. Already, she had adapted and was gaining on him. Oh, how he enjoyed this moment. He didn't feel emberrassed or secluded; repulsed or envied. Light as the dawn, he was free to roam. Companionship was a delicate matter for the boy, who himself had just recovered from a particular mishap near the glen. Those insecurities were far away now, nestled within the vestiges of a locked chamber deep within his heart. Her accent helped form this disconnect, too. It was oddly pleasant to hear; foreign and unique.

He was not one for drowning the fun, anyhow. He had always been the stoic, and therefore his apparent emotions had a lifecycle that shifted between cheerful, playful, and amicably earnest. Her voice from behind urged him to push harder; pumping his legs despite the jagged breaths now racking his giant frame. He couldn't help it - no matter how hard he fought the urge to ignore it, he just couldn't get the image out of his mind: two visibly substantial wolves belting across the shoreline in the awakening embers of dawn. The thought was no doubt a keeper for the ol' memory vault, and at the present the notion sent a volley of gasping pains to rack his lungs. He was at war with the laughter.

His swift motions fell victim to the onslaught, and his legs eventually grew uneven and stiff in their strides. The rocks were so damn close! Just... Just a little bit... far...ther... And he tumbled headlong, collapsing in a heap of tawny fur. Embry chuckled as he rolled across the gritty sand, somewhat morphing into the bleached undertones of the early light. 

"Bah!" He spit a chunk from his mouth with a distasteful grunt. Despite the annoying permeability (and persistence) of the granular substance, he found that he had quite missed the taste. "Hey, hey, now! That's not fair. I say... split the bounty. What say you?"
ϟ
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
She was the wolf of many lands, the ice, the grass, the ground, and the sands near the seas. Her paws have felt the textures of each area, and with great excitment, scavanaged the land for the treasures they all hid. She was so young, but her whole life has only been travelling, never in one place. Even when she only smelled of mothers milk, Norsamu remembers being dragged, and being tossed as she followed through the large steps ahead. Shadows that they were, she filled each step with her own, as their traces were covered, and gone. Adaptation was a key trait she gained through her life, and she was thankful, how her rough pads would get used to the running of the slippery sands.

It wasn't her first time on them, nay', but her running on them was limited. The opponent before her seemed more experienced, but her rivarly to win, grew into dedication to pick up, and get a firm paw into the ground, but not lift off with the force of a horse. Ain't gonna slip this round, oh no, she thought, while wildly grinning. She laughed along the sunset, as their laughter could be heard through the bay, one of joy and fun, despite the competition between them. She would take one of seriousness or one of fun, as everything was a game to the behemoth. She was having fun with this lad.

Even more fun, when he slipped! She gave an obvious smirk when her black and white figure crossed by his, feeling the sweet taste of victory right at her steps, "Nay!" She of course, as a pirate, was all for the dirty tricks. A slip of the paw? A fine win in her books. Maybe it was a splash of sand from her to him, in another universe, and that was still a win. She raced joyfully to the rocks, wind caught in her throat as Norsamu panted heavily, but kept onward with her victorious grin, "a win is a win lad."
Sea Shanties
Weigh hey, roll and go!
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry grinned as the monochrome blur darted past. A competitive girl, this one. Quite the tough nut to crack. He stood to all fours and shook out his pelt, watching soberly as she claimed victory. 

"I'll remember this," he called as he began to close the distance, trundling along with the appearance of a morose pup. "You know, one might say I let you win. Then what kind of triumph would this truly be?"

He let the words hang whilst he neared her, no longer panting quite so heavily now that he had been given a moment to rest. He tried to remain nonchalant, but as soon as he got within a few meager paces of the she, his café au lait features split into a roguish simper. 

The tide lapped against the rocks where they stood, and it was with the help of his grand old friend that Embry managed to tackle his companion and send the two plunging into the frigid, wintry sea.

Though fraught with bubbles, he managed to chortle, "Hah, now I am the winner!" Because what self-respecting guy wouldn't want to push the buttons of one with so easy a trigger?
ϟ
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
"Best ya do, so then next time, ya can know defeat again." She held a confident grin, as Norsamu puffed out her chest in a victory stance, "so ya say? Bet ya mama say that too." She chortled loudly as her paw slapped against the sand, joking with the fellow. She had enough confidence to believe that the behemoth would win again, especially as her paws adjust even more to the sands. She wouldn't let anyone beat her, damn, her pride wouldn't allow it! A pirate's honor!

"Ah, shit!" She cursed out, as the pirate got dragged by the surprise attack. Though with a foul tongue her laughter and smiling didn't let up, and went with Embry to the icy waters. She would be fine with such act, if he didn't claim to be a winner. So with a mischevious grin, Norsamu would push at the other in an attempt to plunge him underwater, "a winner, aye? S'pose ya can say that for a dead man!" Of course she wouldn't actually drown him, probably. All for the sake of fun!
Sea Shanties
Weigh hey, roll and go!
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry laughed, but it was cut short as he was pushed under. The current pulled at him and he used it to roll out of reach in the briny depths, refreshed by the cool waters but nonetheless chilled. He managed to gurgle a retort, but it was lost amidst bubbles.

When he surfaced, he made sure to rise with enough force to splash the girl before he made a break for the shore. His strong limbs pushed through the water in sheer muscle memory, for it had been a while since he had truly swum like this and he knew he would be sore in the morning for all of the workout.

"Alright, alright," he scoffed, rolling his eyes. "I'm not so egotistical as you to care that much." He was teasing, of course, because in all honesty a good pack must be full of wolves like these, with such passion for success. He might have envied it at the time, had he not been freezing and of a more complacent nature.
ϟ
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
She was pleased to push him under, and desired to keep him under as long as she could before he broke to the surface. She could see he wanted to retort, probably about her win, so she decided to keep him under even more before reluctantly allowing him to swim upwards, only to get a splash in the face, which she was more then happy to return with her own large paws slamming against the water.

"Aye! A win is a treasure that lasts for decades in ya memories." He teased, but she was pleased to simply be a winner. If there was a crown, one would be on her head. Though Norsamu doesn't look as nice as she imagines herself, as the lion's mane that normally holds around her neck, hung downward as the water absorbed into it. Her fur dripped, and so she shivered and swam her way on land with a shake from the water-filled neck and body.
Sea Shanties
Weigh hey, roll and go!
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry noticed the chill now, and he watched with as much warmth as he could garner from the cool sand as his companion waded up the bank. Her thick ring of fur at the neck seemed to have been flattened by the press of the water, but she was no less pleasing a sight as she plodded up. He offered her a friendly smile in greeting.

"You know, as much as I hate to admit it, I agree on that," he remarked as she neared. 

"Did you have much for competition growing up? Any brothers or particularly rambunctious sisters?" 
ϟ
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
"Good for ya to realize." The pirate let out a rambunctious laughter as she was pleased by his defeat. Her grin kept up as he continued on, asking questions on her life. She didn't mind, especially after a game of fun between the two. It was quite easy for Norsamu to like someone once a friendly game of competition came to be, but even then she was a generally open gal, "Nay," the behemoth confessed, "tis' an orphan."

"Grew up with a bunch of rogues ya know, s'pose they my parents, but more like scally-wags then mums and pa's!" She wasn't displeased about her history, and cracked a joke about it. Her issue on being an orphan never seemed like an actual issue, nor' something she thought was a secret of her past. Norsamu didn't even think about looking for her 'parents', of the past before she was founded by the Rosen Rogues, the family of no-good wolves who took her in, "they were always lookin' for adventurer."

"How about ya? Where ya from laddy?" She asked with a cock of her head and a toothy smile.
Sea Shanties
Weigh hey, roll and go!
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry inclined his head, piqued by the she-wolf's uncommon background. He offered a sympathetic nod when she mentioned her being an orphan, though he could only wonder what rambunctious pair could have conceived this brazen woman. The thought brought a small grin to his lips. There was nothing better than an outgoing personality. Every wolf needs a friend that's unpredictable.

When the questions lighted upon himself, he was quiet for a moment; pensive. That was a hard act to follow, after all, and it wasn't within his character to expound much upon his own origins. 

"Ever heard of Boa-yi Bay?" He laughed dubiously. "Probably not. I grew up there with just about all the siblings one could ever want." - there was a rueful smile there - "I prefer to say I ran away." 

And he nudged her shoulder. "Now what's this about scally-wags, eh? Care to share an adventure or two with this poor ol' renegade?" 
ϟ
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
"Nope, can't say I have." While she has done a fair-share of exploring, the Pirate dare not claim she has been everywhere. Many names shared in these wilds were unfamiliar, but at the same time when she shared her own, not many would know of the lands. The world was quite vast, maybe a bit too vast for her to see all the treasures await. A shame, to say, but she knew, a sacrifice would be needed for her to truly enjoy the worlds treasures. So she hoped, to sacrifice a bit of freedom, to lay claim in Stormrift. At least, she met a few fellows, such as this one named Embry, making it a worthy sacrifice so far. Norsamu was pleased.

"Ya ran away? Damn to say, ya a rascal!" He didn't seem to desire to share more on it, and she didn't have a particular interest to pry for it, and instead jokingly followed him along in laughter. The Pirate knew many had stories to share upon being runaways, and there was far too many of them out there. Who knew what was his, but he instead desired to know of hers.

"A tale, aye?" She had a few, about her old crew, "I grew up with rogues, named Rosen Rogues, ya can imagine, they were barbarians." Their name wasn't extremely creative, for they literally called themselves rogues and declared their name in front of the enemies. Though speaking of enemies, "there was a time they pissed off a bunch of wolves, ya? Rumors said these weirdos held a rainbow rose. My dearest crewmates loved anything that is 'rare' or 'rumors,' n' of course, ya truly, enjoys it too." A tale by the wind, these wolves would go to the ends of the earth to do so. She of course, growing up with them, joined on said adventurer. Though their pace was far faster, and more extreme then Norsamu being alone. She somewhat took her dear time finding shit, while they went straight for it, "so they basically, went into their camp, and tried to kick their ass. But nay, outnumbered and ran. Ya know what they did? Ran up a cliff, kicked me off as bait! Ran for miles to escape." She remembered this fondly, despite not sounding too fondly. Her size now, says the Pirate would fight back, but that was many moons ago, when she was still a shrimp.

"They loved anythin' heard by the wind, and I was the tiny sea rat taggin' along. There are more if ya interested."
Sea Shanties
Weigh hey, roll and go!
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
He laughed at the she's calling him a rascal, but as she began recounting her adventures, his steady gaze fell subconsciously upon the waves. Embry listened thoughtfully, and nodded as duly cued. Rosen Rogues. How amazing! To have such an esoteric past.

Embry chuckled as she mentioned the rainbow rose, snorting a few times at her comments. She was a wonderful storyteller, that's for sure. He could have listened for hours, just watching the waves with this rambunctious ex-rogue. He gazed over and noticed, for the first time, her checkered pelage.

"I'd feel mighty deprived if you held your tongue at this point," he grinned. "But before you tell me more - what did these rogues call you?" They hadn't shared names yet, and, while he felt like he already had known the girl for ages, he was curious to as what she was known as.
ϟ
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
If Norsamu knew he thought they were amazing, she would be laughing in tears. For days did the Pirate aboslutely roast into them how cliche' the name was, and how they would announce 'we are the rosen rogues!' if they ventured into someones territory. Though they never relented, for it was a name they held before she was discovered by them. Eventually she had to follow along their 'group announcements,' when facing foes, and with that, any embarassment she ever held, or will hold, will never rival to those days.

"Aye? We haven't shared names!" She had forgotten, thinking the same as him that they've known each other for ages. The two had a fair share of humor and rivarly of playfulness, that Norsamu instantly liked him, "name's Norsamu, they had a mighty ego to take part of their name and make mine." She cracked a joke, at the oddity that is her own name. She knew it never existed until those fellows jumbled their names into one, that crappily gave to her. Though she may joke about it, the Pirate cherishes it, "what about ya?"
Sea Shanties
Weigh hey, roll and go!
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Norsamu. Embry tried the name out, figuring he liked the sound of it despite its random derivation. He would never have known it was unintentionally so mellifluous. The notion made him curious as to who the wolves were from which it was coagulated.

"My family called me Kai-Tuenh," he murmured, lost for a moment as he spoke. He hadn't said his birth name before in the Teekon Wilds. It felt strange, but he knew Norsamu was the right audience. "But I go by the name of my father now. He was Amory, so I chose Embry." 
ϟ