Redsand Canyon a new home
63 Posts
Ooc — Fira
All Welcome 
This place was all he could have dreamed of. He’d had to find his way down, of course, which had taken some time, but now that he was finally down inside the canyon, he never wanted to leave again. He wanted to explore every nook and cranny of the place. Every rock, every tunnel, every particle of sand. It was quiet here except for the eerie howl of wind through the rock formations. He imagined it in summer, hot and red and full of the laughter of others. He wished his family were here to see this place—to know that a new home did exist. He smiled as he continued on, but the smile was a sad one. He hoped his family found him soon.
25 Posts
Ooc —
After finding the lone mountain, the cougar decided that she didn't want to stick around. She moved back to the mountain range she explored before. She had liked it, however, the downside was that there were no males the last time she was there. The female went another route to the mountains, and happened to stumble upon an area that she had not encountered before.

She curiously glanced around as the walls around her turned higher and the pathway turned smaller. She felt confident here in these small spaces. She walked at a relaxed pace. It was often deserted except for some bighorn sheep. However, today these corridors weren't empty, when she rounded a corner she was face to face with a wolf. She hissed in shock and put her guard up.
63 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Dear Lord. Sorry for the wait. I’m swamped with homework.

Amsu had smelled the cat long before he’d seen her, but was not sure exactly where she was. His solution had been to hold still and pray to the Sun and Moon that the cat passed him by. Usually big cats avoided wolves unless fighting over food or if the wolf were too close to a den. But the Light was not with him today, it seemed. He shrank back when the cat appeared around a corner. They were in a tight space and fighting here would not be easy. Nor would turning around to run. Amsu shrank back as she hissed, whining in fear. He was not a fighter and he was usually with others, for there was protection in numbers. On his own, if the cat decided to attack, he’d probably die. Fearfully, he kept his eyes on her, wondering what she would do.
25 Posts
Ooc —
The female had luck on her side when it only seemed to be one wolf that was around the corner and not a whole pack of them. Her hiss got the wanted effect, the wolf cowered in fear. The cougar instantly grew more confident and raised her head high with victory instead of crouching low. She would attacked if provoked but it seemed that there wouldn't be a case of that. "I won't hurrrtt youuu if youuuu don't hurrrrtt me." she spoke, her voice having a distinctive hiss to it. As she did not have a wolfish tone to her this was what she sounded like to canines. With other felines her words would probably have sound normal.

She kept her eyes on the wolf, just in case he was going to do something stupid. She didn't talk often to the canines, but since she was not going to turn her back to him, fleeing was not an option. Fighting was not really necessary in her book as she wanted her body in perfect shape for a male of her kind, especially since spring was upon them soon. "Haveee you seeeeen moreee of my kind? The maleee kind," she asked.

No worries <3
63 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Well… she wasn’t attacking him yet, which she could have done immediately, so maybe she did not intend to. Still, he kept his body low to the ground, avoiding her eyes so as not to look challenging. Then… she spoke to him.

A chill ran up Amsu’s spine as the feline spoke. No feline had ever spoken to him before and he wondered how he was able to understand her. 

’I won't hurrrtt youuu if youuuu don't hurrrrtt me.’ Her voice was strange and soft and all the sounds were elongated.

“All right,” he said, his voice quaking despite himself. He sat up a little, still cautious, but he wanted to give this creature the benefit of the doubt. If she was deigning to speak to him at all, then he had to assume she was telling the truth. Unless she was simply… playing with her food? Oh boy…

’Haveee you seeeeen moreee of my kind? The maleee kind.’

Amsu tilted his head, the question having surprised him. “Ah… No, Amsu is… sorry.” Was she looking for a mate, perhaps? He knew it was mating season for wolves. Perhaps cats shared the same season? Spring was the time of new life, after all. He cleared his throat a little awkwardly. “This one is welcome to keep looking… so long as she keeps her promise and does not harm Amsu.”

He worried that she would stay in the canyon. He was willing to let other animals do as they pleased, but if he intended to take this canyon for his home later, he was very worried about having a family of cougars living with him.[/b]
25 Posts
Ooc —
The lady gave a quick nod when the wolf agreed. Of course, she would never trust a wolf 100% hence why she did stay on guard a bit. She did relax a bit more as the wolf seemed more afraid of her than vice versa. She raised her brows curiously when the wolf said that he was sorry. Or well, Amsu was sorry. Curious. But then again, it pleased the cougar since this wolf was very wrong indeed not to know more about cougars. Her ego went through the roof with the more submissive wolf before her.

"Tooo baddd," she growled in annoyance. Her amber eyes shot to the wolf. "If youuuu haveee nottt seen a maleee then itttt's not worth for me to staaayyy herrrreee." It was clear that she was looking in the wrong direction, again. She wished there were more males. Then she could pick the one she liked. The one that was most charming, or even better, have multiple men have her. Then she knew that the cubs she would have were the strongest. "Morrrr wolvesss herree?" she then wondered.
63 Posts
Ooc — Fira
*cries* I'm so sorry AGAIN. School has been killing me and I've been too stressed out with it and doing too much homework to have much time for Wolf lately. Was thinking we could wrap this up, maybe?

Amsu’s guard hairs shot up as the female cougar spoke again. This was, perhaps, the strangest encounter he’d ever had with a cougar before. Most just tried to attack him. He swallowed, uncomfortable with the fact that she was disappointed in his answers. Would she attack him for not showing her the way toward some males of her kind? He certainly hoped not, for he was terrible at fighting. But he guessed she would be faster than him if he tried to run away. If she decided to fight him, it would go very badly for him. Her last question, however, caught him off guard a bit.

“More wolves?” he repeated, and then sighed. “Alas, no. Amsu is alone here. He lost his family when he moved away from his desert home. Now he is on his own.” His saddened heart wanted to continue lamenting, but he cut it short, think that monologuing to a cougar was not the best idea. “Amsu hopes this one finds a mate soon,” he said, offering a wavering, somewhat terrified smile and hoping she would leave.
25 Posts
Ooc —
No worries, again! <3 take the time you need to reply!

Forsyth groaned lowly when the wolf spoke about being here alone. "I dooo nottt believe youuu. Wolves neverrrr aloneee." The female felt that this wolf was stranger than the others she encountered but at least he didn't attack her, then she would make sure to attack back. The female nodded shortly. "Yess. I want so tooo."

The cougar female decided that there was nothing for her here. She was going to make her leave before this conversation would take too long. "Well bye thennnnn," she stated, keeping her amber colored eyes on him for a moment longer. She would remember him and his scent. She knew that this wolf wouldn't attack her, at least when it was alone. With that the female turned and ran off to create distance between them.

- Forsyth Exit -