The Sentinels forge me a blade
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Private 
Guardian Thread with @Rakk 

The morning light was feeble and pale; casting a watery sheen upon the fallen timber of the Sentinels. Embry's cocoa hue was aureate in the sun's early glow, providing stark contrast to the darkened mop of trees surrounding. A slight chill filled the air this morning, and with it loomed a thick cloud of fog.

Embry had just awoken from a deeper sleep than he had been granted for quite a while. He blinked away what tendrils of his dreams remained with a forlorn yawn and tipped his head back to release a small grunt as he stretched. What an inauspicious morn.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
46 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The storm-spider wandered through the trees. Padded over some felled, others groaning high above him. He limped, right leg feeble in his movements. That bitch had done this.
He was going to have her, claim her. Practice on carving her body artistically and watching her stain the robin-water red. Like he would with his snowflake. The girl he truly wanted to hear.
To feel. To have straining beneath the weight of his desires--
He was drooling.
Licking the fat globs from his maw, he cast his gaze about, seeking to rest his tired legs.

His pale gaze caught on the white plumage, a tendril of sound drifting to him.
Weaving through the frigid morning air to greet his ears and signaled the awaking of another.
He grunted softly and moved quickly towards the form.
He sought to interrogate about Aure.
His messenger had not returned to him. She would pay the debt soon.
He chuffed low, not yet menacing. Hiding the real intentions of his approach. He held his tail neutrally but still had his head high. His milky gaze sought the stranger.
"Aure. Where is she?" He demanded without ceremony. Looking down his nose at the wolf with a withering amount of disgust. Like some rotting fungi spoiling a perfect plant.
"You will tell me." His voice guttered, rasping softly like sandpaper just starting to smooth a woodworkers creation.
He'd keep his control; for now.
"Crazy"Sane."
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry huffed a great breath of air and watched it spiral vapors into the crumbling, rotting world. The sight inspired a sense of detachment from the gathering dawn. Thus, he was making a great time of this when, of a sudden, there approached a rather supercilious male. By scent alone, he dripped of hauteur to the point that Embry at once scrunched up his nose in distaste.

His aureate frame rippled as he stood, facing the brute with an unwavering glare. "And who is speaking?" Embry growled, visibly affected by the male's abrupt intrusion. "Because as far as I am aware, I speak to no one but an imposter."
ϟ
46 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He rumbled low and challenging. The words spoked screamed to Rakk that this was a diversion. Small talk. He was hiding Aure. He knew; the other knew where she was!
He rumbled again, taking another step forward, trying to put his leg down with bravery; to no avail. Searing pain shot up, burning his leg. He snarled louder, hiding his pain.
He wasn't about to waste time talking when he could get straight to the point.

He lunged forward with a fury, but alas getting old and very unsteady on his feet. He dived sideways, flailing to stay upright. He twisted seeking to sink his ivories into the younger male.
It never occurred to the spider that he could be defeated and beaten down so hard. Not until he came to these lands at least.
His teeth clamped shut on open air as his body followed through the missed attack. His left flank was wide open. And he tried valiantly to swing back and protect himself.

"Crazy"Sane."
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
I rolled a miss, but for the sake of roleplay I'm going to just not make a hit. You can do the same if you'd like, because in some situations a miss is difficult to realistically describe. Also, you have a very interesting way of formatting. I feel like I am reading an epic poem!

Embry would have found the male's persistence amusing had it not been so early in the day. Whoever this Aure was must have escaped this fellow's wrath. He furrowed his brow and snarled as the other's anger grew to a palpable level. Good. Why not spoke the flame? "Hate to break it to you, but this 'Aure' of yours must really not want to be around you."

As soon as the brute began to summon what energy might be used to initiate a battle, Embry took note of his heavy limp. How convenient.

Embry was a pacific guy as far as wolves went. He usually opted for peace and avoided outburts such as these. However, today he found himself rather open to the idea of stretching his muscles again. After all, how long had it been since he had participated in a good, old-fashioned, lethal, sadistic, and possibly fatalistic fight? He grinned.

The wolf had made a futile attempt to get a scrap of Embry's flank, but indeed Embry easily sidestepped and decided to take a moment to gather his wits. He circled his opponent not unlike that of a shark, his tail streaming like a banner behind. He was a large bean, but he could get his paws moving. For now, he would let this newcomer take the offensive.
ϟ
46 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Lmao ty, I think it's because no one really knows what's going to come out next it sounds so dramatic

He recoiled a step, glad to have to found a wolf locked into his flank. His tail slashed the air like an aggravated feline. He shook his head a bit, making irritated grumbling as he processed the others words.
"You will tell me where the bitch is before I make you my substitute."
His eyes glinted with the menace his words held. He kept true to his words where he deemed it fit. He deemed this situation fit. His lust fur Aure churning his emotions, making him into some foul wretch that longed for domination.
Or to be dominated; he wasn't picky in those departments.
His mind drifted to the earth-man. His good his body felt pressed to his wiry form!

The storm grumbled, lugging himself closer to the man. He switched, reigning in his fury. Licking his maw with thought.
"Tell me now, dog. You know where she is. His lips lifted in emphasis of his threat.
How sweet the man would taste. Would his body be as warm as the earth-mans? Better?
He grumbled again, a sound that didn't entirely convey displeasure. A cruel smile started to rip its way through his maw as he watched the man. Waiting for his next opening.
"Crazy"Sane."
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry refused to give the wolf the satisfaction of altering his emotional competence. He did not grow irate in the wake of the brute's rude behavior, but only further placated. He slackened his pace as the male loosed a few words; tilted his head.

"Hmm... Tempting considering I'm currently unemployed myself. And how would I be compensated?" He winked impishly, but kept his eyes trained deeply on his opponent's weak leg. Surely, should he find checkmate, this would be the means by which he succeeded. 

As soon as he neared the leg, he locked his gaze hard on the male's shoulder in his classic method of diversion, feigning a lunge to the exposed flesh before sidling into a low dive for his weaker ankle. His teeth glinted like steel before breaking through the skin, flashing like a blade in the embers of morn. Throughout the movement, he maintained a steady balance across all four paws so as to remain as agile as possible in lieu of instinctively sharp retaliation.
ϟ
46 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The dice gods are not in his favour

His eyes trained the man, running along his large body. He leaned his head forwards, wondering why he was so accepting of the statement. Most men bristled and roared when he implied such acts upon their bodies.
But not this one.
He came closer, looking long his leg, his side. Was he taking pity on the wounds he adorned? He sighed softly as if letting age slip through his fingers. His nose just brushed into the coca-dusted fur. Beautiful. Maybe being old wasn't such a problem.

The man dove for his shoulder, so naturally, Rakk shifted his weight away. Only to have a vice again on his tender leg. He screeched a furious call that could split ears. A pained sound that cleaved his mind with the burning throb that forced its way into his senses and blocked out all other thoughts.
His eyes watered. He was still roaring. Throat burning. Not attacking.

He lost his back legs, their support crumbling under him and sinking his hind end to the ground. He, at last, started to try prying himself from the wolf. The pain greater than when it was first inflicted.
Infection was sunk into him.

He whimpered, weak. Coiling back like a cave-trapped creature exposed to sunlight. He snarled softly and held still. The pain throbbing. Burning. Heating.
His nostrils flared in an attempt to keep himself together. To hold back the pained sounds that lept to his throat; trying to signal his discomfort. He panted and swallowed. A heave rose up, bile scoring his throat.
He held on; he wasn't about to throw up from this.
His jaw feathered, swallowing again.

"Let go," a deadly calm had settled over him. He was weakening, but it made him feel alive. 

"Crazy"Sane."
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Sadly, no. Haha! I must say it has been a bad run for poor ol' Rakk so far.

Embry could feel the brute tremble slightly within his clamped jaws. He relished the tremor and bit deeper, declining the male's pleading for release. Who is the servant now? He thought, his lips curling upwards in a grin whilst his jaw strained against muscle and bone.

There was a dull popping sound, and a warm tide of blood surged across his tongue. The deep, velveteen liquid lapped against his teeth and filled his mouth until he all but felt it bubbling at his lips. No, he would not relent just yet. He found this chewtoy much too favorable.
ϟ
46 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Teeth ground into him. His bone, he felt it become not right. Before, he stood a chance of it healing. Now? He'd be some three-legged freak. Something Maimed and damaged. A broken toy.
He would not stand for this.

With a heave, a grunt and a half-closed scream, the man forced himself from the jaws of the assailant. He snapped his teeth at him, whether or not he hit wasn't important. He lunged again, this time seeking a mark. A face, a scruff. To slice an ear. Anything.
As long as he got away.
As long as he found Aure in the end.

"Crazy"Sane."
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry felt something more than just physical snap in his rival. The male immediately seemed to morph out of his pyscho brain into one of sheer survival. For the first time ever, Embry thought he much preferred the latter.

The unwonted shift struck a new light in Embry. Too late, he could not avoid the snapping jaws of his assailant. He cried out in surprise of the tables turned and pushed himself hard to his paws. Blood dribbled across his neck from the torn ear now pulsating with heat.

Somewhere among the few mourning Sentinels, a crow took flight. Embry, though pumped with adrenaline, noticed how dark it was despite the sun's usurping of the sky. He was touched that the world would set the scene so personally.
ϟ
46 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Blood splashed into his mouth. Warm. Salty. Metallic.
He relished it.
The desire enough drove him forward again when, in truth, he should retreat. Quickly. He launched a snap towards the shoulder of the other, hoping to get a good hold before shaking his head and pulling clumps from the man.

He fought for Aure, fought for his willingness to see her again. To feel her fur through the winter. The snowflake that didn't bite with cold. The thought stirred something in him again; fueled by the blood, the adrenaline. His desires. His downfalls.
His uprising.
His teeth locked into flesh, so he tore at it. Snarling and growling. A bear over a carcass. He scrabbled to hold. To hold a relentless attack that would send all who saw him trembling from the stories.
He could keep Aure to himself if it happened.

Before long, he was panting. Maw stained crimson. Blood falling. Gushing.
He collapsed and descended into the darkness where he belonged.
"Crazy"Sane."
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry grunted with the pain. This man had become wild; a creature of some black nightmare. He could feel his ruthless fangs clubbing away at flesh and hair, and he wrenched himself free wherever he could find the opening. None of his personal efforts were fruitful - he was too busy frantically struggling against this frenzy of an attack.

His mind was clouded by the sudden burst of pain. He couldn't tell where exactly anything was; one moment his paws were behind him and he was tumbling out of the way. This was like a skirmish and he hated it. Of all things in a battle, he relished the control and fluidity of the movement. Collecting himself, somewhat, he tried to feel his way to four paws and soften his movements. No more jerking.
ϟ
46 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
A few moments passed. Held in darkness. Glad for the embrace he was held in by the night-mother. If there were such thing.
Soon, too soon, he was awakening. Eyes slit open to find the other form rise with his own care. Rakk stayed where he was. He didn't care. He was hurting too much, too light. He heaved a great sigh that burned his ribs. Since when did his ribs hurt?

He lifted his head briefly only to let it slump back to his paws. Vision swimming. He was beaten and he accepted it. He groaned softly, content to lay for a few moments longer whilst the other was still unsteady. Make him think he was a death's door. He closed his eyes again. Hoping to be left.
"Crazy"Sane."
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Just as soon as the fight had begun, it had drawn to a short conclusion. Embry hadn't noticed that the ferocious wolf had relented, nor had he, in the depths of his frenzy, believed that he ever would. Now, flanks heaving and ears searching for anything more than the mere sound of heavy breaths and distant shores, he found himself staring at this broken brute before him.

The sight was humbling. He stood and, wincing at the surge of nausea that followed, assessed the damage. His injuries were not so severe, but the wounds were deep enough that they would need attention and, perhaps, might never quite heal to perfection. That was fine. The fight had been worth it, after all, to shock him back into reality. 

He glared at the stranger, but said no more. His body was beaten and ebbing of energy. He turned, slowly, and shook his head; never letting his gaze slip from the combatant as he moved. The fool was a pyschopath, Embry resolved. Why else would he have attacked on no means of evidence? And who the hell was this Aure he had just... Saved? Protected? Assisted? He didn't even know. 

With a sigh of relief, he exited the scene; leaving behind whatever had just happened with a newfound knowledge of the world's strange ways.
ϟ