Stavanger Bay Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen

Beric walked leisurely, his head a little lowered as his paws sunk in the sand of the beach, leaving traces of where he had been. He was coming back from the stretch of rocks that made up their south border. His pawprints from his walk there were long since washed away by the salty sea water and the light rain coming down from the sky, making his fur lay heavy on him. His mood was as cloudy as the sky, impartial to any rays of sunshine that might be trying to break through. He would not blame Claire for being upset with him; he was upset at himself. He had been caught between a rock and a hard place, and in the end, his loyalty to his pack had to be met before his loyalty to a non-pack friend. It was the way of their world.

Still, it did not make him feel any better. Turning towards the water, he sat down on his haunches. After a few minutes, he was rewarded with a break in the rain, not that he noticed it much at all anyways. He took in a deep breath, and then sighed. Eventually, he hoped Claire would forgive him, but he was planning on the worst. Once she was free of her punishment, would she feel she was free of him, as well? Would she leave without so much as a thought to him again? He would not, could not, blame her if she hated him.

I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle was still extremely torn about her decision to take the soft spoken female from the Isle for captivity. However, she also knew she had to do what her husband would do, to make sure she didn't make him upset, or have him go on some rampage after the girl. And truthfully, she had done the genteel thing, whereas her husband would have probably attempted and succeeded in ripping the poor girl's throat out. So in retrospect she had done the only thing she could have done, to keep the threat of blood shed to a minimum. Granted the girl would have a miserable existence for however long she was here, but at least she would be alive at the end of it.

She walked along the beaches, Tveir keeping her company, he was often in her company, Ein preferring to be in Ragnar's or Skolls both of whom he idealized, and Gyda well she stayed near the den for the time being. As she and her son walked in silence him looking around and she keeping pace to his littler legs, her mind wandered. She did however see the big wolf Beric in the distance and she knew she needed to speak with him, he had known the girl, and she strongly suspected that he had not been pleased with her orders, but he had followed them anyway and for that alone she wanted to thank him.

As they grew closer she chuffed quietly and spoke Hello Beric. I'm sorry I don't believe we officially met, I am Thistle Cloud and this is Tveir.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
His ears detected sound, and his head turned so that he could see what was making it. Thistle Cloud was walking towards him with child wolf, but not the same one that had been in the drama with Claire. He turned his body towards her and lowered his head in respect to her and her rank. It was true that he may not like that Claire was being held captive here, but Thistle could have very well chosen to kill her instead. He was thankful that she hadn't.

She formally introduced herself and the child, and he nodded his head in greeting, offering a tight smile. It's nice to meet you both, officially, he responded. He wasn't sure what to say... He wasn't usually so tongue-tied, but, then again, he wasn't usually this somber, either. Are you, um... checking the beach out? he asked, a little awkwardly.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle would have never killed the girl, she could not have done so. However, her husband could have and would have, so it was in the girls best interest that it was her that found her and not him.

Thistle chuckled yes it is nice to meet you too. listen Beric. Thistle looked down fighting with herself to think of the right words to tell him that she was sorry, but also that she needed to do what she did for the sake of everyone involved. She chuckled at his next question Tveir likes to explore a lot, he wanted to come this way. the youth looked up and gave the male a puppy smile.

Thistle spoke again Listen I am sorry if I upset you with taking Claire captive. And I hope i didn't mess up any friendship you may have had, but I had to do something, I did not want my husband to possibly kill her. He is quite tired of trespassers. I am not saying he would, but the option is there, so I got rid of that option as best I could.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She explained the boy like to explore, and Beric looked to him, returning his smile. This boy seemed more chill than the girl he met did. She had a mouth on her. Beric found himself not liking her, but he knew he needed to push those feelings aside, as young wolves were apt to be outspoken. He turned his attention to Thistle when she apologized to him for the incident involving Claire. He nodded his understanding, I realize you did her a favor, and I was glad it was you and not Ragnar who met her. She is a friend of mine, and I don't know if I could have let him harm her, if he chose to, he admitted. I'm also not quite sure where she and I stand at the moment. She doesn't understand what happened, I think. All she knows is that I was not on her side. He paused a moment before continuing. She seems so innocent, and I think that's why this is affecting her so much. But, you did the right thing. Of that I am sure, he added confidently.

He hoped Claire would one day come to forgive him, and he would do all he could to show her how sorry he was of the circumstances. I'm not sure if you know, but.. I took her to my den instead of where the other captives are being held, he admitted. I've been sleeping not far from it, he added, letting Thistle know he wasn't sleeping there while Claire was there.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle's children were rather polite for the most part, and none of them were outspoken usually. Tveir usually kept his mouth quiet, and Ein just did not like to talk unless it was in Norse, and Gyda well she was a quiet shy little girl, hardly ever being seen out and about. Thistle looked at him and she spoke quietly Beric let me tell you something, do not ever say what you just said to me to my husband and if you ever do stand up to him when he is about to attack another wolf, you will also be attacked and possibly killed. I love my husband, but he is savage and feral and wild and you would do well to remember that. Regardless he is a good leader, and he has his own set of morals that he follows, but compared to you and I he is a more wild, and as he should be. He grew up much different than you or i.

Thistle frowned at his next words and though she wished she could just let the girl there, she knew she wasn't sure if she should. She looked at him and nodded her head Very well, but if my husband should tell you to move her, when/if he finds out it would be in your best interest to do so. She sat down then her tail brushing gently across the sand, unsure what else to say, but she would like to get to know her pack mate. What brought you to the bay Beric?
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Beric's head lowered, his gaze fell to his front paws, and his ears flattened upon his head. Thistle was right; he had spoken too openly, and he shouldn't have. Even words against the Alpha could be construed as blasphemy, and that was not his intent, really. He would not argue with her, though. I understand, he replied, his voice soft. He only hoped the male at her side wasn't paying attention. Pups could talk without knowing what they were saying, and if he accidentally said something, Beric could get into trouble.

She seemed to accept Claire's currently location, but warned that he should obey Ragnar, should he choose to want her moved. I will, I promise, he confirmed. Even if Thistle had told him to move her, he would have. He understood that what his leaders wanted came before his outside friends. He only hoped Claire could understand that one day, as well.

Thistle sat, seemingly getting comfortable before asking what brought him here. Verrine and Julooke, he said easily. They are my family... Last year, we all, including several more siblings of Julooke, and my brother, joined a pack. It disbanded, and we all got separated. I ran into Verrine one day not long ago on the beach, and that's how I learned they were here, he said.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle smiled softly at him and spoke gently There is nothing wrong with feeling for a friend or more, and wanting to protect them, but sometimes you have to protect them by doing nothing or by listening which is what you did. Had you not listened it would have been worse for both of you. So you did the only thing you could. She wish he understood though that her husband was not a man to be messed with, there were days that even she could not mess with him, without the small inkling in the back of her mind that he could and would hurt her if it was warranted and needed, and feel bad after. It was the way of things and her husband was right, the pack needed to know that. No matter how hard a pill it was to swallow, by saying he was right.

She dipped her head at the matter of the den and let the matter rest. She smiled at the mention of the other couple in the pack that she liked very much. They are both good wolves and Julooke is my good friend, and Verrine is Tveir’s here. She chuckled then happy that he had found his family. I am glad you found them again Family is a godsend.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Sorry to make you wait so long! <3

Thistle seemed very understanding to his position that day, and he was grateful. He had done his best to be a good subordinate, but it had been hard to betray Claire. He was protective over his family, and would do anything for them- even break the heart of a friend. Thank you, Thistle Cloud. I really appreciate your understanding, he replied sincerely.

Beric had heard that Verrine and Julooke were very well-respected here, working their way into the pack and proving their worth. That didn't surprise Beric. They were both hard-working wolves and had never known a lazy day in their lives. He was much the same. His "work" was his life, and he enjoyed providing for the pack. The way Verrine and Julooke talked about the pack, they were like family to them, and he hoped one day he could think the same of them. He nodded, I absolutely agree; I was lost until I found them again. Beric's gaze went down to the young wolf, and he smiled. Verrine's a lot of fun, huh? he asked.

Looking back to Thistle Cloud, he confided, I hope I can earn as much respect as they have. I know I'm just learning the ropes around here, but I make a fairly good guard, and I'd like to earn that trade. He figured it would be a good idea to let the leaders know of his intent since it would be an asset to the pack.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle smiled at him and spoke softly We all have feelings we can't ignore them it isn't right. She shifted her weight then and looked down at her son a small smile on his face.

This pack was home and family to both her and Ragnar. Julooke and Verrine were two of the highest ranking wolves next to Thistle and she was glad for it. They were both good wolves, and she was happy that they had made the bay their home with them. Tveir giggled and nodded yes Ver is lots fun he teachame to wrassle

Thistle nodded her head you mind your manners and you do what your supposed to do and you help out then you will earn as much as them and you will become a well respected member of our family.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Beric's opinion of Thistle Cloud had not been negative in reaction to her punishment on Claire; it had remained neutral. Now, it was slowly changing to positive. She seemed like she did her best to do what was best for the pack, and even when she had to do the tough things, she still remained respectful and understanding while not wavering from her duties. It was a difficult a thing to do, he knew. Many leaders had trouble doing the hard things while remaining sympathetic. Some were downright like dictators and didn't care how others felt- they just wanted the job done. He smiled gratefully at her response, thankful it had not been Ragnar he had been so candid with.

The young pup smiled, giggling, and telling Beric that Verrine taught him how to wrestle. He did, huh? Maybe I'll challenge you to a dual one day soon- see who wins, he said with a playful smile. Beric didn't have a lot of experience with pups, but he knew he needed it, and was hopeful Tveir would give him a chance.

Thistle confirmed that if he just worked his hardest and mind his manners, which he usually did, he would do fine. He nodded, smiling. Thank you, he responded. He was well accustomed to earning his keep, so that wouldn't be a problem. He just hoped he wouldn't step on any toes accidentally in the process.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud did do her best to uphold the traditions and the rules, while doing so with a firm but genteel hand. She was the softer side of her husband, she couldn't help it. Where he was all rough and gruff and savage, she was all soft and quiet and genteel. There was only wildness in her when her anger was up and nipping at her heels.

Tveir puffed out his chest ME win I good. he wasn't really all that good, though for a youngster he was pretty good.

Thistle returned his smile You Beric are welcome. And welcome home Beric, welcome home. She stood then and stretched wanting to continue on her walk, but loathe to leave. Do you need anything else? You can join us on our walk if you like?
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Wrap this up? <3

Beric smiled at the way Tveir puffed his chest, sure that he would win against the older male. We'll have to see, he confirmed. He would have to make a mental note to ask Thistle if he could take Tveir out one day to hang out. Beric didn't have much experience with pups outside of his immediate family, and it would do him some good to get some. Puppies had a way of brightening the darkest of days.

His smiled widened toward Thistle, and his tail wagged as she welcomed him home. I'm honored, he replied. He had doubts on whether he would ever find a home like Sterrenvuur when he came in search of Julooke and Verrine. It seemed the pair had done the work in finding a pack, Beric just needed the time to settle into it to see it was just like home. She asked if there was anything else, and in the next breath asked if he wanted to walk with them. he nodded. Sure, I'd like to walk with you two, he replied, falling in step beside Tveir.