Broken Boulder living a little
22 Posts
Ooc — Nova
Private 
Early in the evening the boy had wandered far from his usual hunting grounds and only by the encroaching sound of bellowing thunder did the boy move with purpose. While rain had never quite affected him much, he didn't like to be out in it. A storm was best experienced from cover so it went without saying that he searched for the nearest overhang. It was only when he had been walking by that he noticed that there was some sparks of sunlight left that were streaming through what looked to be a boulder split into two. Seeing as he was a boy created by the mere philosophy of curiosity, Roscoe gravitated towards it. At first he simply stared longingly underneath the pillars before reaching himself down to lay underneath the rocks but it wasn't until he was halfway laying that he realized that the stones were protecting deeper caverns. For now he chose to stay put, though, as he couldn't quite watch the thunderstorm from well inside a cave, now could he?
as they thank the lord the blind can't see
152 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
despite being part of Stormrift, she gravitated to the Taiga more times lately than she cared to count. returning to Broken Boulder, the place she had met a woman named Dawn, her eyes would flash in some form of delight seeing Roscoe standing there. she hadn't seen him since the encounter a few weeks ago. "so you managed to survive this long" the pale woman would drawl, amusement glittering in her pale eyes. "I do not know if that is a blessing or a curse." of course, she was only joking with the other. her body drew up beside him, mindful of the thunderstorm and wishing to seek shelter soon.
4/10 2/5
major focus on fighting and traveling
JOIN T H E  W A Y F A R E R S
22 Posts
Ooc — Nova
As soon as she appeared through the darkening sky around him, he drew himself to a quick stand and gave a bright smile. His large tail moving swiftly back and forth, throwing her surprised words to the wind as he began to walk and close their distance. Without a second thought he immediately drove in to push his head into her neck and into a hug. Desperate to know that she was hear and alive, safe and free - he owed so much to her and he barely knew her. Yet, words still did not seem to wish to form. Instead, he pulled back away from her and gave a sigh of relief. Thanks to you, so far. That stranger who had attempted to challenge him for doing no harm nor instigating any fight had been a strong contender and one that he had not been prepared to fight. So for Heloise to show up like that had been quite a blessing and something he could never repay her for. At least, he hadn't thought of anything yet. Come, he asked as he turned to venture back to his place among the overhang that was safe from the storm, we can ride out the storm here. It's dry. He assumed it would be for some time considering the width of the rocks that sheltered them.
152 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Heloise did not expect that. Roscoe would draw up without a word, causing her to step back. wondering if he had a mind to lash out. perhaps her sparring with the others of this wild caused to her be cautious, yet there seemed to be no need. he would embrace her. her heart seemed to stop, unaccustomed to being touched and she stiffly grunted before he pulled away.

"I merely did what I could" she was going to be humble. he'd turn to the rocks now, already soaked to the bone it seemed. "yes" she was glad of the change of subject, walking forward to join him. the boulders effectively shielded the two wolves. "the tunnels would be flooded." she'd remark with a small chuckle. so perhaps not a good place to set up camp, then.

"so how are you faring?" she asked him.
4/10 2/5
22 Posts
Ooc — Nova
Not having a mother to tell him how to behave had certainly made him a little more rambunctious than others and he didn't quite have the manner or understanding to fight. He did, however, have the loyalty and the friendliness to draw a bridge between two worlds. He was cautious at times but he mostly enjoyed just knowing someone else. Roscoe believed that he could know each individual simply by looking them in the eyes or even watching their head. Heloise, as it were, always seemed to have her head on just right and while she wasn't exuberant by any means (certainly not like him) she had pulled her bravery out when she hadn't been asked. She had stepped into danger to help him when Roscoe surely would have run. 

The young boy certainly had not thought about the water having traveled down into the tunnels, he was glad he hadn't thought of going in there. Instead, he just made himself cozy under the rock formation and happily watched the storm unfold. Until she asked a question, that is. Okay. Wandering... a lot. Trying to avoid that... to avoid trouble. He seemed to find it or they found him - was he an easy target? Probably, but he wasn't quite ready to come to that conclusion. If it weren't raining he might've pointed out that she smelled a little different than she had before but his nose wasn't all that strong in the rain.
152 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
"no pack?" Heloise would ask, though she knew the answer. Roscoe did not have the scent of any pack on his coat. he was still a loner, though he could have asked at a border once or twice. her eyes left his face to stare across the rain trodden ground. "I have joined Stormrift on the coast for a bit" there were no illusions about it. she merely wanted to see how these Teekon wolves lived before starting her own pack. "but I will leave them when the time is right."

and when she gathered enough followers. she'd feel herself sigh. "trouble is always going to find a way of reaching us" the pale woman would add "whether it be you or the people around you. learn from your mistakes, from other's mistakes. try to move forward. do not be afraid to take chances" she did not want the boy to be afraid to wander without worry. "I could always teach you how to defend yourself."
4/10 2/5
22 Posts
Ooc — Nova
As sad as it was, Heloise was really the only individual that he felt had shown him a great deal of kindness beeyond the first meet. Not a single soul had come to find him or even magically ran into him again. Nor had they jumped in front of him to potentially save him, that spot was reserved for heroes. Not big-time heroes but a small-town hero that fought for what was right instead of fighting because the opportunity presented itself. No.. not here, not yet. I don't really know anyone that even has a pack. That, of course, Heloise quickly interjected with explaining that she was in a pack now, too. On the coast, no less! He liked it there - it was pretty and it smelled different but nice at the same time. Why do you want to leave them? he questioned, not understanding why you would want to leave a pack in the first place. 

A lot of what the white woman was saying rang a bell but he also felt that doubt creep in and almost force him to tune it out. A I don't have to worry about it that much but on way hand, he knew that it was true. At least, he was coming to believe it was truth. He would always be a target, it was just a matter of chance if he happened upon the wrong individual - like that one character. Um, sure? I don't know how much promise I have but I'll try? Fighting was so... scary. An adjective that he tried very, very hard to avoid at all costs but he also didn't want to end up with his eyes crossed out and his tongue hanging out.
152 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
"Stormrift is a house" Heloise would explain to Roscoe's bewilderment. she'd chuckle softly, shaking her head "not a home for me" it was where she could hang her proverbial coat and check in from time to time. but ultimately it felt like she was leaving the nest slowly. as if she was visiting parents that hadn't converted her childhood room. "I have... never been in a pack. I wanted to see how it was run first" a pause as her eyes took on a quiet fire "before I made my own."

she had some inklings of ideas so far but nothing concrete. Roscoe would continue on, showing a bit of shyness around her offer. Heloise felt everyone could fight. it was a question of finding the right technique for them. she'd look him over before adding; "perhaps you would feel comfortable with hit-and-run tactics" he had the speedy look to him and it didn't require him to constantly be on the defensive or offensive. "using your speed and wits more than brute force?" she'd sleep a lot better if her ally knew at least some moves.
4/10 2/5
22 Posts
Ooc — Nova
A house - not a home. He thought of that for a brief moment in quiet contemplation beneath the riveting storm that paraded around them. Roscoe barely remembered a home at all but could easily see it being that his mother had been that way for him for some time. She had always chosen their placement for them and the boys had gone along with her. Me neither, he mentioned lightly, or at least none that I remember. For a long time, the boys had traveled alongside their mother but anything younger than six months and he wouldn't remember. There was a curious afterthought when she mentioned making her own. He didn't know the first thing about packs and truthfully, didn't think he'd be able to help her with that either. Didn't even know that just being a number would help, either.

Sure? he chuckled awkwardly, not sure if that was something he'd be good at either but if she believed he'd be good at that then it must be true. Or at least, perceivable. If-if that's what you think would work... I can try. Roscoe was about as awkward at believing himself physically than anything. There wasn't a whole lot of confidence in that department - he was definitely more centered around being socially confident than physical.
152 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
"we can worry about it later" it was raining after all, and even though Heloise could be considered a 'slave driver', she was not going to let Roscoe flop about in the mud. he would get hurt. she could get hurt. he still seemed a bit reluctant, as if he was humoring her by replying and not at all serious about it. people had different strengths, but again; she'd sleep better knowing she didn't have to worry about his health.

"I have... met many people so far" the pale woman would go on "some kind. some not" her eyes closed briefly, recalling the pair that had accosted Roscoe and her back then. "but I believe everyone has their own ideas, their own goals" thoughts led back to the girl and the woman at the strange altar. "you will find a place for yourself, Roscoe. where people fit nicely into your own ways." for that was the hope of many, and some had achieved such a thing.
4/10 2/5